menu
person
Check out the latest additions to our ever expanding GALLERY hosting over 65,000 photos!
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Firefly/Serenity » Science Fiction Characters Who Lost Their Mystery (I wish Cameron was on that list)
Science Fiction Characters Who Lost Their Mystery
chrisdvanneDate: Thursday, 06 Oct 2011, 15:40 | Message # 1
Group: Administrators
Our friend Charlie Jane Anders at Io9 has written her daily article that includes Summer Glau in one form or another; this time she's taken the excuse of Science Fiction and Fantasy Characters Who Lost Their Mystery (but Stayed Cool) to be able to mention River Tam.

To my great regret, Cameron is not on that list cry

Quote (Io9)
Doctor Who's River Song has got a tough time ahead of her — she's joining the biggest science fiction team of them all: the Legion of Formerly Mysterious Characters. Along with Darth Vader, the Man in Black and the Cigarette-Smoking Man, she'll dwell in a place where almost everybody knows all about her.

Almost every mysterious science fiction character eventually loses his or her mystery — unless they get cancelled first. But it doesn't have to be the end. Here are some science fiction and fantasy characters who lost their mystery, but managed to remain cool.

As usual, i will reproduce completely only the parts belonging to Summerverse.

Elim Garak from Star Trek: Deep Space Nine.

He claims to be just a simple tailor, working on Deep Space Nine — but we always suspect him of being somewhat more than that. Over time, we get more and more hints that Garak is actually a super-spy who's in exile for some reason. Eventually we learn that he's a former agent of the Obsidian Order who had a falling out with his mentor, Enabran Tain, and the gaps get filled in over time. But Garak never stops being an ultimate ruthless badass, who pushes his new Federation friends to do what must be done.

Ok, this one's not from the Summerverse but some of you are fans of Star Trek DSN, so...

River Tam.

River Song's namesake is the central mystery of Joss Whedon's Firefly and Serenity. What did the Alliance and Blue Sun do to her? What superpowers does she actually have? And why is she so valuable to the Alliance that they're willing to kill anyone who's even seen her? We eventually find out all about River's past, her super-ninja powers and her connection to an atrocity that the Alliance wants to keep secret — but River? Still awesome and fascinating.

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

BlaziusDate: Thursday, 06 Oct 2011, 18:50 | Message # 2
Group: Friends
Quote (michelangelo)
As usual, i will reproduce completely only the parts belonging to Summerverse.

Elim Garak from Star Trek: Deep Space Nine.

Ok, this one's not from the Summerverse but some of you are fans of Star Trek DSN, so...

You are very thoughtful! Thanks!

Quote (michelangelo)
To my great regret, Cameron is not on that list

Yeah, she is missing. Maybe he thought that Cam wasn't that mysterious?

Nice article through .

Summer Glau is so awesome, it isn't even funny!
Blood for the Blood God! Skulls for the Skull Throne!

chrisdvanneDate: Friday, 07 Oct 2011, 00:25 | Message # 3
Group: Administrators
Quote (Blazius)
Maybe he thought that Cam wasn't that mysterious?

Charlie Jane Anders is a she and not a he biggrin

On seconds thought however, Charlie is a transgender fiction author and commentator wacko (so says her/his Wikipedia : Charlie Anders From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia) so you're not completely wrong.
Anyway the important thing is that she is Summer's greatest supporter among the online writers; i've had the opportunity to exchange emails with her and she's seems very nice.

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

BlaziusDate: Friday, 07 Oct 2011, 01:05 | Message # 4
Group: Friends
I saw her(so let it be her I guess) first name "Charlie" and I assumed thats the deciding factor.

But I agree that her gender is perfectly irrelevant as long as she supports Summer like this.

Summer Glau is so awesome, it isn't even funny!
Blood for the Blood God! Skulls for the Skull Throne!

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Firefly/Serenity » Science Fiction Characters Who Lost Their Mystery (I wish Cameron was on that list)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: