[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Page 2 of 4«1234»
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Firefly/Serenity » 18 Things you didn’t know about Firefly.
18 Things you didn’t know about Firefly.
chrisdvanneDate: Thursday, 27 Sep 2012, 12:01 | Message # 16
Group: Administrators
Article : 'Firefly's 15 Best Chinese Curses (and How to Say Them)' at topless robot.

Whedon created a vision of a human future where mankind speaks English primarily, with Mandarin Chinese added, as one might say, for "flavor" (i.e., profanity). Not only did the use of Mandarin help inform Firefly's future setting, it also often allowed the characters to express themselves in terms too absurd, obscene, or outrageous to be spoken in English. Here then is a collection of 15 of Firefly's most, well -- absurd, obscene, and outrageous lines ever delivered in Mandarin Chinese. Much thanks to the Firefly-Serenity Chinese Pinyinary for the translations.

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

chrisdvanneDate: Thursday, 27 Sep 2012, 12:02 | Message # 17
Article : 'Firefly's 15 Best Chinese Curses (and How to Say Them)' at topless robot.

Whedon created a vision of a human future where mankind speaks English primarily, with Mandarin Chinese added, as one might say, for "flavor" (i.e., profanity). Not only did the use of Mandarin help inform Firefly's future setting, it also often allowed the characters to express themselves in terms too absurd, obscene, or outrageous to be spoken in English. Here then is a collection of 15 of Firefly's most, well -- absurd, obscene, and outrageous lines ever delivered in Mandarin Chinese. Much thanks to the Firefly-Serenity Chinese Pinyinary for the translations.

In this video, Nathan Fillion and Summer Glau say a few words about their use of Chinese language in Serenity :

chrisdvanneDate: Monday, 29 Oct 2012, 14:13 | Message # 18
Rare Firefly Fox Promo Wallet from 2002 Press Kit

Firefly Fox Promo Wallet from 2002 Press Kit

It comes with Capt. Reynolds Intergalactic Pilot's License and a Boarding Pass for Serenity, with a departure date of September 20th, 2002 (the premiere date of the series).

chrisdvanneDate: Tuesday, 04 Dec 2012, 19:46 | Message # 19
Production Used Print of Joss Whedon as Badger from Firefly by Shawna Trpcic

This is a production-used print of the original concept art drawings of Badget from Joss Whedon's Firefly, created by costume designer Shawna Trpcic. Badger was originally going to be played by Joss Whedon, before he decided to cast Mark Sheppard instead, so this early design for Badger was made to look like Joss.

Joss Whedon as Badger from Firefly by Shawna Trpcic

Watch more original concept art from Firefly, Angel, Dr. Horrible and The Cabin in the Woods up for auction on eBay.

chrisdvanneDate: Saturday, 01 Jun 2013, 00:55 | Message # 20
Here are some rare Firefly behind-the-scenes photos, tweeted a few years back by production assistant Kelly Wheeler.

Nathan Fillion, Jewel Staite and Morena Baccarin in their "Shinding" costumes (episode 4).

Firefly behind-the-scenes photos

Nathan Fillion giving the thumbs-up while Ron Glass is doing bunny ears...

Behind the scenes of Firefly's last ep - 'The Message'

chrisdvanneDate: Monday, 24 Jun 2013, 06:57 | Message # 21
If you take W Jubal Early Drive in Winchester, Virginia...

You must realize it's named after Jubal Anderson Early, a lawyer and Confederate general in the American Civil War.

But of course you can pretend it's name after this guy...

robboDate: Thursday, 26 Sep 2013, 01:28 | Message # 22
Group: Friends
`Serenity` marked Joss Whedon`s debut as a director. His initial script was 190 pages long but the studio requested that he make the film shorter. To meet the film`s challenging budget Whedon shot the entire movie in less than 50 days.

chrisdvanneDate: Monday, 07 Oct 2013, 12:16 | Message # 23
I need your help!

I saw Captain Mal wearing this sort of flower crown in a fan made video (see screencap below):

It reminded me of the flower crowns that a fan offered to Morena, Summer and Alan at Chicago Comic Con.
Now I wonder if this is just a coincidence. Can a Firefly addict tell me in which episode Mal wears the floral crown?

REGDate: Monday, 07 Oct 2013, 13:02 | Message # 24
the episode is Our Mrs. Reynolds. it's the one where Saffron gets wed to Mal.

No power in the 'verse can stop me.

Message edited by REG - Monday, 07 Oct 2013, 13:03

chrisdvanneDate: Monday, 07 Oct 2013, 13:10 | Message # 25
Quote (REG)
the episode is Our Mrs. Reynolds.

Thanks Richard!

Then I guess that means the flower crowns that cosplayer Ask Kaylee Frye (photographed below with Morena) offered to the Firefly alumis were an homage to that scene in "Our Mrs. Reynolds."

Morena Baccarin and Ask Kaylee Frye

REGDate: Monday, 07 Oct 2013, 13:22 | Message # 26
probably. i didn't know about that cosplayer until just before when i read about it.

chrisdvanneDate: Saturday, 26 Oct 2013, 12:15 | Message # 27
Firefly - and many more Whedon shows - costume designer Shawna Trpcic , answered fan questions at io9.

Firefly (2002) "Inara" by Shawna Trpcic

On a related topic, you can read:

River Tam's Blue Dress in Serenity
River Tam Funeral Dress
River Tam Laboratory Costume
River Tam battle dress by DKNY

chrisdvanneDate: Monday, 02 Dec 2013, 19:20 | Message # 28
Trivia: Did you know Firefly promo shots and Deckard's flat in Blade Runner are from the same location?

Firefly Promotional photos

Read more in the Blog section: Firefly promo photos taken at Frank Lloyd Wright designed house

REGDate: Monday, 02 Dec 2013, 21:22 | Message # 29
hmmm... that is interesting.

robboDate: Sunday, 15 Dec 2013, 04:35 | Message # 30
Firefly Online Releasing On PC, Mac Next Summer.
Firefly Online will be released for PC and Mac next summer. The game is a strategic role-playing title based on the popular science fiction TV series created by Joss Whedon. Players will recruit crews and captain ships to trade resources online, as well as embark on space missions. A separate version of the game is also in development for iOS and Android devices, according to i09. Firefly ran for one season between 2002 and 2003. Of the show"s 14 episodes, only 11 aired on television. The show"s enduring cult popularity enabled Whedon to create a film adaptation titled Serenity 2005.
Via i09

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Firefly/Serenity » 18 Things you didn’t know about Firefly.
Page 2 of 4«1234»
Search: