menu
person
Welcome to summer-glau.com, your fan source for all things Summer on the web. Browse around the site and visit our growing GALLERY housing over 65,000 photos. Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter and Facebook and be sure to visit the site again!
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Firefly/Serenity » Celebrate the start of summer by blastr.com (9 sci-fi drinking games)
Celebrate the start of summer by blastr.com
chrisdvanne_ Post # 1 | Friday, 24 Jun 2011 - 11:39
Group: Administrators

Under the fallatious excuse it's summer, blastr.com released an article where they quote movies or tv shows lines inviting to have a drink (???)
Sounds like a filler article on a quiet month to me (but hey that's what i'm doing by reporting it btw).
What's the link with our beloved Summer Glau? Well, among others, Firefly is mentioned and a pict of the cast is used to illustrate the article.
Side comment : i'm always amazed by the number of articles mentioning Firefly; i wish it would be the same for TSCC.

Firefly
Drink whenever:

- Someone uses the word "shiny."
- Kaylee makes a play for the Doctor.
- Someone uses a Mandarin phrase.

Our favorite:

- Drink whenever you see the Blue Sun logo on any item, foreground or background.

My personal favorite on the entire article (am i gay?):
Star Trek: The Original Series
Drink whenever Kirk's shirt gets ripped.

Source : Celebrate the start of summer with these 9 sci-fi drinking games by blastr.com

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

chrisdvanne_ Post # 2 | Friday, 24 Jun 2011 - 11:48
Reminder : Blue Sun is a food corporation (even more than that according to Joss Whedon); their logo can be seen on drink cans, among other things, on Firefly, much to the dismay of River Tam.

Quote (River Tam)
There it is, there it is. It's always there if you look for it. Everybody sees and nobody sees it...

And who do you think gave Jayne that cut across his Blue Sun T-Shirt?

chrisdvanne_ Post # 3 | Friday, 24 Jun 2011 - 11:56
Quote (michelangelo)
My personal favorite on the entire article (am i gay?):

To show you that the Summer Glau Wiki is gay friendly, here is Captain Kirk with a ripped off t-shirt wink

Attachments: 6437210.jpg(29.2 Kb)

Message edited by michelangelo - Friday, 24 Jun 2011, 11:58

chrisdvanne_ Post # 4 | Friday, 24 Jun 2011 - 12:18
By the way, Summer confirmed on her recent panel at Calgary Comic Expo that her favorite drink is a brand of italian sparkling water, San Pellegrino.
See the extract where she takes a bottle from her bag to proove it, at 04:18 of the second video :

Summer Glau 2011 Calgary Expo Panel Video on this wiki

chrisdvanne_ Post # 5 | Friday, 01 Jul 2011 - 21:29
Firefly is on Science Channel for the July 4th Weekend Marathons

Quote (TV Line)
Firefly (Science Channel, 8 am – Tuesday, 2 am) | This Firefly marathon, which begins with the film Serenity, features a naked Nathan Fillion, a pre-Mad Men Christina Hendricks, a pre-Nikita Melinda Clarke, and a kick-ass Summer Glau. What more can you ask for?

Edit : It starts with the first episode called ‘Serenity’, not the movie. the writer had it confused with "Serenity" the movie. The movie won’t even be aired in the marathon.

Message edited by michelangelo - Saturday, 02 Jul 2011, 05:09

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Firefly/Serenity » Celebrate the start of summer by blastr.com (9 sci-fi drinking games)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: