menu
person
Welcome to summer-glau.com, your fan source for all things Summer on the web. Browse around the site and visit our growing GALLERY housing over 65,000 photos. Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter and Facebook and be sure to visit the site again!
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Firefly/Serenity » Maps of the Firefly 'Verse
Maps of the Firefly 'Verse
Fermi Post # 46 | Saturday, 28 Jan 2012 - 02:46
Group: Users
Quote (ShadowTek)
BTW it dawned on me, sorry for hi-jacking The Saviors thread, I guess I should have made a new one (or I still can for the final release if you guys like?)

I agree with chrisdvanne having two threads would be confusing. It is also possible to promote the finished work with a blog entry: http://summer-glau.com/blog/summer_glau_fan_blog/1-0-2

You can't stop the signal!

ShadowTek Post # 47 | Saturday, 28 Jan 2012 - 04:08
Group: Friends
Thanks chrisdvanne, Im honored by your comments smile

@ Fermi cool! Thanks!

Message edited by ShadowTek - Saturday, 28 Jan 2012, 04:09

TheSavior Post # 48 | Saturday, 28 Jan 2012 - 21:45
Indeed Guys, i'm AFK from so long already??? wow. My work is at a very good point Michelangelo, i'm going slow since in Italy the economical situation is a bit problematic, but i'm still rocking, i will start my project around march if all is ready. bettere late than making things to messed up ^^.

ShadowTek...really nice Artwork, and i feel honored and proud to have inspired such a good work ^^

As for my work, i feel the pride is about to be a Fan of Fiefly and the Wiki and to do "something" for other Fans XD just so, i cannot do anything than "clap my hand" for your nice piece of art, ^_*

I miss from long time to the wiki since i'm alwais on hurry...a glimpse on facebook Fermi's link and here i am for a fast post ^^

For now is all, but i figure something like "i'll come back [with Swarzenegger voice]" soon as i can. cya guys, and as alwais, thanks for the good work!

"This isn't the first time we've done this..."
Cameron

The world is Maya The Illusion. Illusions are the foundation of reality. I am the Lord of Illusions.
Me

ShadowTek Post # 49 | Saturday, 28 Jan 2012 - 22:52
Quote (TheSavior)
Indeed Guys, i'm AFK from so long already??? wow. My work is at a very good point Michelangelo, i'm going slow since in Italy the economical situation is a bit problematic, but i'm still rocking, i will start my project around march if all is ready. bettere late than making things to messed up ^^.

ShadowTek...really nice Artwork, and i feel honored and proud to have inspired such a good work ^^

As for my work, i feel the pride is about to be a Fan of Fiefly and the Wiki and to do "something" for other Fans XD just so, i cannot do anything than "clap my hand" for your nice piece of art, ^_*

I miss from long time to the wiki since i'm alwais on hurry...a glimpse on facebook Fermi's link and here i am for a fast post ^^

For now is all, but i figure something like "i'll come back [with Swarzenegger voice]" soon as i can. cya guys, and as alwais, thanks for the good work!

Yeah! Hi Savior!

Thanks for the kind words! Indeed I was obsessed with your map since I laid eyes on it!

I'm so happy to hear that you like it and don't mind that I created my work based off of your work!

TheSavior Post # 50 | Monday, 30 Jan 2012 - 04:58
Indeed i'm happy to be no more alone in my "obsession" with Firefly verse ^^ i've already created a full RPG [Role Play Game] to play adventure in the Verse with some [many °_°'''] of my friend, so i'm very glad to see any effort to btter that place.
To be honest, your Map is very way better than mine, so i'm not just "proud" but also "very happy" to have such nice artwork inspired by my one ^^
Thanks for you time [as sayd by Cromartie in TSCC] and see you around here...i will come back, soon as i can ^_*

"This isn't the first time we've done this..."
Cameron

The world is Maya The Illusion. Illusions are the foundation of reality. I am the Lord of Illusions.
Me

chrisdvanne_ Post # 51 | Monday, 30 Jan 2012 - 13:34
Group: Administrators
A rendered map of the Firefly universe has been made using HTML5, CSS3, jQuery and XML.
The animation looks really great.

Here's a screencap :

Shiny!

Map of the ’Verse by Koen Hendrix.

Glad you took the time to drop a nice message TheSavior, we miss you friends

I'm also glad to hear that your project is progressing; feel free to tell us more when the time is right.

Side note : i have abandoned my previous username michelangelo (a certain Michelangelo from Toscany, Italy is more famous than me) in favor of chrisdvanne.

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

Message edited by chrisdvanne - Monday, 30 Jan 2012, 13:36

The1Russter Post # 52 | Monday, 30 Jan 2012 - 16:32
Group: Writer
I love these maps and I think they go a long way into explaining the system the Firefly verse inhabits.. I believe with the number of planets and moons they visit both in the series and the movie, that it is more likely a small galaxy than a single solar system as mentioned in the opening of Serenity. These maps bring it together.

Any thoughts of sharing these maps of the Firefly verse on the Firefly wiki? I know its basically a desert over there now, but it would be a worthy contribution to a site dedicated to the series.

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles REUNION

Blazius Post # 53 | Monday, 30 Jan 2012 - 20:28
LOl, I've never realized there are so many planets in the Firefly 'verse biggrin

Where did you got the info for them, like relative position to each other and such?

Good job BTW!

Quote (The1Russter)
I love these maps and I think they go a long way into explaining the system the Firefly verse inhabits.. I believe with the number of planets and moons they visit both in the series and the movie, that it is more likely a small galaxy than a single solar system as mentioned in the opening of Serenity. These maps bring it together.

I agree, there is no way its only a SINGLE star system, it has almost that many planets as the SW Galaxy( just kidding happy ).

But if its rather a small galaxy then they also has to use some form of FTL after all which is also something Browncoats deny sad

Summer Glau is so awesome, it isn't even funny!
Blood for the Blood God! Skulls for the Skull Throne!

Fermi Post # 54 | Monday, 30 Jan 2012 - 20:53
Group: Users
Quote (The1Russter)
Any thoughts of sharing these maps of the Firefly verse on the Firefly wiki? I know its basically a desert over there now, but it would be a worthy contribution to a site dedicated to the series.

You mean this wiki http://fireflywiki.wetpaint.com/

I've added the map on the front page and on this page: http://fireflywiki.wetpaint.com/page/Maps+of+the+Firefly+%27verse

You can't stop the signal!

ShadowTek Post # 55 | Monday, 30 Jan 2012 - 20:53
CNC Map of the Verse V. 1.05

If you want the 8 meg .PNG (it looks allot better) here it is (its much more clear then the JPG above):
http://www.mediafire.com/?797ouubrwuucxku

I updated post 38 also posted above

I updated map to fix errors as pointed out over on fireflyfans.net

1. The Blue system has a elliptical orbit vs the other systems, so it now shows as such.

2. Added Mr Universe's Home

3. Moved Beaumonde and its two moons from the Kalidasa system to the blue system as provided by the argument found HERE

4. Fixed Angel & Zephyr to share the same orbit in Kalidasa as there two planets in the same orbit.

ShadowTek Post # 56 | Monday, 30 Jan 2012 - 20:56
Quote (Blazius)
LOl, I've never realized there are so many planets in the Firefly 'verse biggrin

Where did you got the info for them, like relative position to each other and such?

Good job BTW!

Quote (The1Russter)

I agree, there is no way its only a SINGLE star system, it has almost that many planets as the SW Galaxy( just kidding happy ).

But if its rather a small galaxy then they also has to use some form of FTL after all which is also something Browncoats deny :(

Its based off the info found in

The Verse In Numbers 2.0

and

Arc Of The Verse 2.0

Thanks for the nice comments everyone!!!!

Indeed, its a 5 system "Verse" 4 stars orbiting a huge white star, with 7 man made "protostars" located in the constellation of Taurus.

Message edited by ShadowTek - Monday, 30 Jan 2012, 21:49

ShadowTek Post # 57 | Monday, 30 Jan 2012 - 21:03
Quote (chrisdvanne)
A rendered map of the Firefly universe has been made using HTML5, CSS3, jQuery and XML.
The animation looks really great.

Here's a screencap :

Shiny!

Map of the ’Verse by Koen Hendrix.

Glad you took the time to drop a nice message TheSavior, we miss you friends

I'm also glad to hear that your project is progressing; feel free to tell us more when the time is right.

Side note : i have abandoned my previous username michelangelo (a certain Michelangelo from Toscany, Italy is more famous than me) in favor of chrisdvanne.

Nice render!!!! Amazing Job!!

Message edited by ShadowTek - Monday, 30 Jan 2012, 21:05

ShadowTek Post # 58 | Saturday, 22 Jun 2013 - 20:38
Hi everyone, dropped by to say hi smile figured I would do it here as nobody probably remembers me as its been awhile smile

chrisdvanne_ Post # 59 | Saturday, 22 Jun 2013 - 21:32
Group: Administrators
Quote (ShadowTek)
Hi everyone, dropped by to say hi figured I would do it here as nobody probably remembers me as its been awhile

Hi, nice to see your friendly face wink

Members come and go as they see fit but I think we managed to create a community where everyone feels at ease, no matter how often you visit the site or how much comments you post.

Thanks to your and TheSavior's contribution, this thread is regularly visited, judging by the stats of the SG Wiki.

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Firefly/Serenity » Maps of the Firefly 'Verse
Search: