menu
person
Welcome to summer-glau.com, your fan source for all things Summer on the web. Browse around the site and visit our growing GALLERY housing over 65,000 photos. Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter and Facebook and be sure to visit the site again!
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Firefly/Serenity » River Tam, a mind-reader or more?
River Tam, a mind-reader or more?
KrelleK Post # 46 | Friday, 21 Oct 2011 - 12:29
Group: Friends
Quote (Blazius)
Sadly it needs . Last time I suggested a change in the time and everybody agreed but next week nobody was there except Cameron and me. Since nobody wants to post a new day, and time which'd be good to him and we are stuck. If you are interested please post your day and time in the viewers club thread : http://summer-glau.com/forum/23-20-4

And of course you can bump the thread occasionally or write a few lines how awesome the club is or I don't know what else we could do.

I did not know it was so. I will certainly give it a bump, and consider what day that would fit me.

chrisdvanne_ Post # 47 | Monday, 13 Feb 2012 - 22:55
Group: Administrators
River Tam character study, in video.

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

KrelleK Post # 48 | Tuesday, 14 Feb 2012 - 08:06
Quote (chrisdvanne)
River Tam character study, in video.

Alsp.. I can kill you with my brain - pure written gold

chrisdvanne_ Post # 49 | Monday, 20 Feb 2012 - 17:41
Comic book artist Katie Cook had made a portrait of the Firefly cast.

click on image for bigger size
Firefly cast by comic book artist Katie Cook

Nice, but i don't like the fact that River is portrayed with those creepy eyes and bloody sword.
River or Buffy are not just slayers; fortunately Joss Whedon can give more deepth to his female characters.

Message edited by chrisdvanne - Monday, 20 Feb 2012, 17:42

chrisdvanne_ Post # 50 | Saturday, 10 Mar 2012 - 09:38
David Sandford Ward, a columnist for specialized in pop culture blog Biff Bam Pop, has published an article on River Tam titled :
March Madness: They Took the Sky From Her – River Tam.

Besides the fact that he aknowledges River Tam is part of the pop culture, the article focus on River madness; some of the assertions are interesting but i think he misses the bigger picture (mostly by Joss Whedon only since prematurely canceled Firefly has not had the time to develop River Tam's character as Joss wanted to).

The blogger says : "They turn her into a psychotic killer and something that can never be entirely trusted."

I have a simple remark : would Captain Mal Reynolds hand her over the piloting of the ship is River was as described?

My remark is similar to the one in the previous message (#49); most of the blogger are shortsighted and give their readers a reduced and thererfore false view of the vision of the shows creator.

Message edited by chrisdvanne - Saturday, 10 Mar 2012, 09:39

Blazius Post # 51 | Saturday, 10 Mar 2012 - 17:53
Quote (chrisdvanne)
Besides the fact that he aknowledges River Tam is part of the pop culture, the article focus on River madness; some of the assertions are interesting but i think he misses the bigger picture (mostly by Joss Whedon only since prematurely canceled Firefly has not had the time to develop River Tam's character as Joss wanted to).

The blogger says : "They turn her into a psychotic killer and something that can never be entirely trusted."

I have a simple remark : would Captain Mal Reynolds hand her over the piloting of the ship is River was as described?

My remark is similar to the one in the previous message (#49); most of the blogger are shortsighted and give their readers a reduced and thererfore false view of the vision of the shows creator.

I seriously doubt that these bloggers have actually watched the shows they are writing about. The amount of nonsense I've seen from them about Summer and TV shows in general just by following your blog reports is amazing. Either that or they don't have the mental capabilities to comprehend what they watched.

Summer Glau is so awesome, it isn't even funny!
Blood for the Blood God! Skulls for the Skull Throne!

chrisdvanne_ Post # 52 | Saturday, 10 Mar 2012 - 18:00
Quote (Blazius)
I seriously doubt that these bloggers have actually watched the shows they are writing about. The amount of nonsense I've seen from them about Summer and TV shows in general just by following your blog reports is amazing. Either that or they don't have the mental capabilities to comprehend what they watched.

I think that's called "lazy writing"; they give their readers what they think the readers want to read, which is the common and reduced view on a show or on an actor.

Indeed, this is very easy to showcase the mistakes they make; the problem is that casual readers may believe what is written on their blog and continue to promulgate those mistakes and shortsighted views.

You and me have sometimes fought these dishonest and lazy ways of thinking but the work to be done is huge.

Blazius Post # 53 | Saturday, 10 Mar 2012 - 18:10
Quote (chrisdvanne)
Indeed, this is very easy to showcase the mistakes they make; the problem is that casual readers may believe what is written on their blog and continue to promulgate those mistakes and shortsighted views.

Yes, the biggest problem is that its like a virus. Because people believe what these lazy bloggers write and then they go to a forum or Twitter and spread lies and false truths themselves. Because lazy people and sheep like people who believe lazy bloggers are more numerous, we are seriously outnumbered. There is really no antidote against shortsightedness unfortunately, though we can still fight against it.

Summer Glau is so awesome, it isn't even funny!
Blood for the Blood God! Skulls for the Skull Throne!

Message edited by Blazius - Saturday, 10 Mar 2012, 18:12

chrisdvanne_ Post # 54 | Wednesday, 20 Feb 2013 - 15:02
River Tam tops list of "Fictional Girls We Love (Who Would Make Terrible Girlfriends)" at 3 chic Geeks

1. River Tam

Firefly marked the birth of the Summer Glau obsession among fanboys and fangirls everywhere. River Tam is wildly intelligent and an amazing dancer. Fully trained in combat, she’s more than capable of taking care of herself (and probably you, too). She’s also exhibited some telepathic abilities… those HAVE to come in handy, right? Wink wink.
So what’s the problem?
Well, just about everything else, really. While away at what seemed to be a prestigious academy, River was experimented on in an effort to create the perfect assassin. She literally lacks the ability to filter her emotions, resulting in frequent outbursts. Also she’s homicidal. And trained in all manner of combat. We don’t care if you’re an Olympic champion in boxing who happens to be trained in mixed martial arts and a champion knife thrower, River can and WILL kick your ass. When you’re not busy trying to keep her from snapping and going on a murderous rampage, she’ll be busy correcting your grammar, logic, and probably responding to things before you actually say them. Good luck – you’ll need it.

Read full article at 3 chic Geeks

chrisdvanne_ Post # 55 | Wednesday, 06 Mar 2013 - 23:06
Fan made Serenity poster.

Fan made Serenity poster

robbo Post # 56 | Thursday, 07 Mar 2013 - 03:38
what a great poster that is of summer glau in serenity. rising above the clouds and on top of the world. looking down at the massacre of the reavers. no power in the verse can stop me, oh boy what would we give for a serenity 2, need it now more than ever, cool more river tam the deadly weapon. smile

robbo Post # 57 | Monday, 05 Aug 2013 - 01:58
`i can kill you with my mind`

ah river, so fragile, so beautiful, so elegant, so deadly. she spends much of the series seemingly insane and coming out with some very random yet usually humorous comments. its in the film, serenity, when we get to see what she can really do. and lets just say, if you are anywhere near her when she`s `activated` you might want to `duck and cover` and make sure your life insurance is paid up. smile

chrisdvanne_ Post # 58 | Thursday, 29 Aug 2013 - 15:00
River Tam || Where is my Mind

I love that this video highlights River's complexity, not just the lethal weapon side.

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Firefly/Serenity » River Tam, a mind-reader or more?
Search: