menu
person
Welcome to summer-glau.com, your fan source for all things Summer on the web. Browse around the site and visit our growing GALLERY housing over 65,000 photos. Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter and Facebook and be sure to visit the site again!
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Firefly/Serenity » Nathan Fillion wants Firefly to return
Nathan Fillion wants Firefly to return
chrisdvanne_ Post # 1 | Tuesday, 22 Feb 2011 - 08:10
Group: Administrators
Help Nathan Fillion buy Firefly

Firefly will soon air on cable The Science Channel. At this occasion, Nathan Fillion, star or Firefly and Castle, made a statement at EW.com that was supposed to be a joke but was taken seriously by the fans of Firefly.

Quote (EW.com)
If Castle had its series finale tomorrow and Fox said to you and Joss: “We screwed up, let’s try doing Firefly again.” Would you do it?
Yes. Yes. I would examine very closely Fox’s reasoning — I’m a little gun-shy. If I got $300 million from the California Lottery, the first thing I would do is buy the rights to Firefly, make it on my own, and distribute it on the Internet.

Source : 'Firefly' returning to cable; Fillion says he'd play Mal again

It looks like Browncoats have taken this seriously and are campaigning so that Hollywood Executives re-launch Firefly.

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

Granite Post # 2 | Tuesday, 22 Feb 2011 - 16:42
Group: Friends
A good thing - let's see what happens may smile

" It's just an object. It doesn't mean what you think... "

" Pain ... It is the healing, purifying scalpel of our souls " - Warhammer 40000 universe.

KrelleK Post # 3 | Tuesday, 22 Feb 2011 - 19:29
Quote (michelangelo)
Help Nathan Fillion buy Firefly
Firefly will soon air on cable The Science Channel. At this occasion, Nathan Fillion, star or Firefly and Castle, made a statement at EW.com that was supposed to be a joke but was taken seriously by the fans of Firefly.
Quote (EW.com)
If Castle had its series finale tomorrow and Fox said to you and Joss: “We screwed up, let’s try doing Firefly again.” Would you do it?
Yes. Yes. I would examine very closely Fox’s reasoning — I’m a little gun-shy. If I got $300 million from the California Lottery, the first thing I would do is buy the rights to Firefly, make it on my own, and distribute it on the Internet.Source : 'Firefly' returning to cable; Fillion says he'd play Mal again
It looks like Browncoats have taken this seriously and are campaigning so that Hollywood Executives re-launch Firefly

that would be greath, damn that would be greath if that happened, would love to see it continue, with the whole crew back on our favorite K-64 class?3 Firefly

Message edited by KrelleK - Tuesday, 22 Feb 2011, 19:31

chrisdvanne_ Post # 4 | Wednesday, 23 Feb 2011 - 15:04
More details about the schedule from EW.com :

Firefly premieres on Science Channel on March 6 at 8 p.m., with the two hour pilot, followed by the first episode at 10 p.m. Following that, Firefly episodes will air every Sunday — and, yes, in their original intended order and upgraded to high definition.

chrisdvanne_ Post # 5 | Saturday, 26 Feb 2011 - 00:42
Some Browncoats have taken the Firefly movement too seriously hence Nathan Fillion has tweeted to save your money :

Nathan Fillion via Twitter : It's beautiful to dream of more Firefly, but PLEASE DON'T SEND ANY MONEY. Just keep being great Browncoats, which you are!

chrisdvanne_ Post # 6 | Wednesday, 09 Mar 2011 - 16:22
Firefly premiered on Science Channel this week; we don't have demographics data but only numbers of viewers.

Here is a board with the top 25 for Science Channel last week (numbers are by the thousand) :
It was not a hit but Firefly did pretty well by Science Channel standards.

Quote (tvbythenumbers)
As you can see, both the two hour pilot and episode one both were among Science Channel’s top 10 telecasts for the week and an encore telecast of the pilot from 11a-1p ET ranked 15th.

chrisdvanne_ Post # 7 | Tuesday, 27 Sep 2011 - 12:16
Alan Tudyk claims if Firefly was on TV today, the Internet fanbase and the new ways of watching TV would ensure the serie a long and healthy run.

Quote (Alan Tudyk)
if it was done today they [Fox] wouldn’t have gotten rid of it. It was a different time. They didn’t respect Comic-Con and the science fiction audience like they do now. They bow to and court that audience now. I think were it today with the way the internet works as a distributor of content it would certainly be on the air for a long, long time. It’s a shame.

I'm not sure about that. Nielsen system still prevails and we don't really know to what extent the networks take in account news online medias or DVR and digital downloads. Syfy said they took it in account to renew Alphas but we don't know if they're telling the real reasons and Alphas is on cable network while Firefly was on a broadcast network.

More, i disagree about Comic Con influence : being at the con is a must for every network but that doen't mean a serie presented there will be a success. And this year numerous cancellation of Sci-fi shows proved the networks the genre struggles to survive. See article : Have the networks given up on serialized scifi shows? on this Summer Glau Wiki.

Full interview : Alan Tudyk Interview at SFX.

Message edited by michelangelo - Tuesday, 27 Sep 2011, 12:22

chrisdvanne_ Post # 8 | Wednesday, 26 Sep 2012 - 19:05
Nice interview with Nathan Fillion, made during the 52nd Monte-Carlo Television Festival 10-14 juin 2012 for French channel TPS.

Nathan Fillion talks about Castle, Firefly, working with Joss and his luck with TV Series, interspersed with shorts clips from the series he played in.

robbo Post # 9 | Wednesday, 26 Sep 2012 - 20:28
loved the interview with nathan fillion sounds as tho firefly was his heart and soul got cancelled and ripped his heart out he must of loved it very much, shame seems hes a really nice guy loved his part in firefly clever and witty for me hand on heart i would love firefly to make a return in some sort of form but i dont think it will great interview

chrisdvanne_ Post # 10 | Tuesday, 16 Oct 2012 - 19:33
Bumping old thread for no particular reason!

Interesting article : 'The Firefly Effect – Fans Push More Canceled TV to the Big Screen' at Geek Exchange

robbo Post # 11 | Wednesday, 17 Oct 2012 - 00:56
the firefly effect - just had a sneeky peek at geek exchange, it is a very interesting article about fans trying to get there beloved shows, back on the road in a sense its a shame serenity flopped at the box office, at that time, the question is would another serenity movie flop in the same way now, with joss climbing the film ladder with the box office hit, avengers, maybe it could be worth another try, who knows. as for netflix really come on fetching back arrested development, when there is the likes of TSCC, waiting for a season three, a massive fanbase, its a no- brainer for netflix. TSCC surely would be ideal for them, thats if this is the way forward, or possibly even firefly, smile

chrisdvanne_ Post # 12 | Thursday, 25 Oct 2012 - 11:27
Nathan Fillion Covers the October Issue of Geek Magazine

Inside the publication, Nathan is dressed as various film icons, including Man With No Name, Indiana Jones, and Steve McQueen.

Source: Geek Magazine

chrisdvanne_ Post # 13 | Saturday, 09 Feb 2013 - 09:38
Alan Tudyk talks Firefly revival hopes in this article at Hypable:

Exclusive: Alan Tudyk shoots down ‘Ant-Man’ rumours, says it’s never too late for ‘Firefly’ revival

chrisdvanne_ Post # 14 | Thursday, 28 Feb 2013 - 18:57
'Firefly' Revival: Nathan Fillion On The Chances Of A Reunion And The 'Dr. Horrible' Sequel

Read article at: hufftingtonpost

robbo Post # 15 | Saturday, 02 Mar 2013 - 04:20
certainly a lot of rumours flying about with these articles and interviews with cast members and even joss whedon in some of them, is there something we dont know regarding firefly, or is it just pie in the sky or maybe just hype, i have a gut feeling we could be hearing more about a revival whether its next year or the year after something could be coming to the boil. i think maybe it sounds as tho watch this space for the browncoats, smile

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Firefly/Serenity » Nathan Fillion wants Firefly to return
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Search: