[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Page 1 of 11
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Terminator the Sarah Connor Chronicles » New 'Terminator' TV Series in the Works
New 'Terminator' TV Series in the Works
chrisdvanneDate: Saturday, 07 Dec 2013, 02:52 | Message # 1
Group: Administrators
"Thor's" Zack Stentz and Ashley Miller will pen the script for the project, from Skydance Productions and Annapurna Pictures, that will be a companion piece to the rebooted film.

Four years after Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles ended its run on Fox, Skydance Productions and Annapurna Pictures are teaming to bring the Arnold Schwarzenegger franchise back to TV.
The producers behind the upcoming fifth installment have tapped Thor and X-Men: First Class writers Zack Stentz and Ashley Miller to write and executive produce a new Terminator television series that will be a companion piece to the rebooted trilogy.
The TV series will follow a critical moment from the first Terminator film (1984), and where the film's story goes one way, the upcoming series will take the same moment in a completely different direction. As the rebooted film trilogy and the new TV series progress, the two narratives will intersect with each other in surprising and dramatic ways.

Source: ‘Terminator’ TV Series in Development with ‘X-Men’ Writers, at Variety.

FYI, both Zack Stentz and Ashley Miller worked on TSCC as producers and writers. As The1Russter mentioned: "A Terminator TV series without Lena Headey, Thomas Dekker and Summer Glau, is just another sci-fi show with robots. It will never substitute TSCC."

Personnally, the name "Terminator" made me watch TSCC but Dekker, Headey and Glau's performances made me love it. While I wish this new series good luck, I have zero expectations.

Must read article about TSCC: "What made Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles so great", at IGN.

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

robboDate: Saturday, 07 Dec 2013, 04:16 | Message # 2
Group: Friends
I would after say what a fantastic article about TSCC at IGN, really sadly missed by all accounts from the writer ( Travis Fickett ), what a kick in the teeth after four years hoping and praying, that they would come to their senses and fetch back TSCC for a season three, or even shed some light on closing TSCC with that desperate cliffhanger that was left for the fans thinking OMG it can"t end surely and not get renewed for a third season, but hold-be-hold they went and done it the pen pushers at Fox/Reilly circus network just couldn"t be bothered to look further a-head, and realize that TSCC had so much more to give with the characters and the story of what TSCC is all about, If they want the franchise of this so called new series to work they had better give Dekker, Headey, and Summer Glau a call, otherwise I just can"t see It working It just won"t be the same without those main characters. but hey good luck, they are certainly gonna need all the luck in the world with this one.

MetalDate: Saturday, 07 Dec 2013, 04:38 | Message # 3
As the rebooted film trilogy and the new TV series progress, the two narratives will intersect with each other in disgusting pile of crap.
What I think. 

Personnally, the name "Terminator" made me watch TSCC but Dekker, Headey and Glau's performances made me love it. While I wish this new series good luck, I have zero expectations.

I can hardly put it better. 

At first when I read your posts on twitter I didn't actually realize what was happening even googled to find nothing about the matter, but guessing that's true. 

Annapourna thing got it all wrong from the beginning with wanting to have a younger main actor instead Arnold (who if at all played in it would've been a small reprising role) which changed because of the outrage of millions fans. Now they seem to prove that they're still on the misfire course. If they woulda want to reboot the TSCC they would've announced Summer's and Lena's and Dekker's participation in it at the earliest time possible even with formal agreements, no contracts. How ever they don't think of keeping the original concept of the show rendering this a whole different thing(which I wouldn't other wise consider bad by default). 

This will just be some commercial project, not an actual terminator thing. Annapourna have always been about money, look who's their daddy? Oracle ceo and billionaire. And no I don't find it cool or relating the fact that one of their parent is involved in the IT industry, hence java is way far away from any more serious programming language for one. However Ellison seems to mean suck in the Terminator language hence it's negative interactions with the Terminator universe since it's beginning in the 1984 with the low life talentless Harlan Ellison pretended that Terminator stole his work to which Cameron replied that he "had no choice but to agree with the settlement. Of course there was a gag order as well, so I couldn't tell this story, but now I frankly don't care. It's the truth. Harlan Ellison is a parasite who can kiss my ass."

So now the other Ellisons are trying to leech of the franchise until it's dies. Hopefully then someone else more competent will pick it up.

dylangillianDate: Saturday, 07 Dec 2013, 12:14 | Message # 4
Quote chrisdvanne ()

i never liked terminator, but i kept getting recommended video's of TSCC clips on youtube, so i decided to watch it. i'm really pissed off now, this is just like a kick in the stomach after you have already been knocked out.

knowledge is power.

Message edited by dylangillian - Sunday, 08 Dec 2013, 12:23

FrankDate: Sunday, 08 Dec 2013, 15:15 | Message # 5
Bad news. It seems that I had a new object for hatred. spiteful

The1RussterDate: Sunday, 08 Dec 2013, 16:58 | Message # 6
Group: Writer
After an entire year of campaigning for more TSCC, this like a kick in the teeth or much further down.

Its insulting, that's what it is. Like they can buy the fans support by providing them with another TV show.

We don't want another TV show. We don't need no f-ing reboot either.

What we need is to have TSCC back on our TV's, and to see the future war between man and machine in film!

Why the hell can't they get that right?

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles REUNION

chrisdvanneDate: Sunday, 08 Dec 2013, 17:10 | Message # 7
Quote The1Russter ()
Why the hell can't they get that right?

I have the feeling that the new tv serie will be made in the sole purpose of accompagnying the Terminator movies and that the creative aspect will not be that important. Depending on the network it will be shown, it may be a generic product aimed at a specific audience and introducing bland characters.
Of course I do not rule out the possibility that we are all wrong, that the new tv series will introduce endearing characters and captivating stories. Future will tell.

FermiDate: Monday, 09 Dec 2013, 00:50 | Message # 8
Too bad they did not decide to reboot TSCC instead.

I really wish they would cast Summer for this, but I will watch the show even if they don't, because I'm a huge fan of the terminator franchise.

You can't stop the signal!

chrisdvanneDate: Monday, 09 Dec 2013, 10:22 | Message # 9
Quote chrisdvanne ()
I have the feeling that the new tv serie will be made in the sole purpose of accompagnying the Terminator movies and that the creative aspect will not be that important. Depending on the network it will be shown, it may be a generic product aimed at a specific audience and introducing bland characters.

An online blogger wrote about the same idea (better than I could do), you can read him at Forbes.com, What A New 'Terminator' TV Series Means For Television.

robboDate: Monday, 29 Jun 2015, 01:15 | Message # 10
Skydance Boss Says Terminator TV Series Is Still In Development 

The Terminator is returning to our cinema screens in Terminator Genisys next month but he could be hitting our TV screens soon too.

As part of press interviews for the new film, Skydance Productions CEO David Ellison has confirmed production on a TV adaption set within the film's universe is still underway.

According to Collider, Ellison said: "It's something that we're developing as we speak. 

"The dream for us would be to be able to obviously make films, television shows, we have a video game with Glu, comic books, and they all should be standalone experiences. If you just watch the movies or if you just watch a television show, it's a complete experience. 

"But if you are the kind of fans that we are over this material, and you watch all of it collectively, it all interweaves to feel like a larger universe that you can experience if you're a huge fan of Terminator or any of the other franchises that we're fortunate to work on, that's really when you talk about the future of Skydance, one of the things that we really want to be a part of building."

When questioned if the TV series would tie in with the movies, Ellison added: "Anything we do along those lines, it will absolutely have connective tissue. It would be a mistake and a little old-fashioned to have a television show and a movie, both based on something that actually don't cross over in any way, shape, or form."

He also said the plan would likely be a 13-episode series along the lines of J.J. Abrams' Alias. 

With the development of Marvel TV shows and movies and the possibility of crossovers there, maybe we're entering a new world of telly-film co-ordination. 

Via: Collider

chrisdvanneDate: Tuesday, 30 Jun 2015, 08:51 | Message # 11
Quote robbo ()
It would be a mistake and a little old-fashioned to have a television show and a movie, both based on something that actually don't cross over in any way, shape, or form.

Ouch! Do you think Ellison was referring to Josh Friedman's TSCC ?

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Terminator the Sarah Connor Chronicles » New 'Terminator' TV Series in the Works
Page 1 of 11
Search: