menu
person
Check out the latest additions to our ever expanding GALLERY hosting over 65,000 photos!
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Terminator the Sarah Connor Chronicles » About Terminator 5
About Terminator 5
GaogaDate: Saturday, 30 Jun 2012, 06:39 | Message # 1
Group: Friends
The film has now been gotten by Megan Ellison and Annapurna Films. It has been set to directed by Justin Lin for a 2013 release.

"Terminator 5", the fifth installment of the Terminator movie franchise.
McG announced it as a sequel to Terminator Salvation to be released sometime in 2011.
Halcyon Company was forced to declare bankruptcy and production was put on hiatus.

"He who fears being conquered is sure of defeat."
terminator model

speedcreed114Date: Sunday, 08 Jul 2012, 02:23 | Message # 2
I saw in some page, that this new movie its going to be in the present, I mean, when the war isn't start

GaogaDate: Thursday, 12 Jul 2012, 09:38 | Message # 3
Still no so clear if it will be really released

"He who fears being conquered is sure of defeat."
terminator model

chrisdvanneDate: Thursday, 12 Jul 2012, 10:00 | Message # 4
Group: Administrators
Quote (Gaoga)
I saw in some page, that this new movie its going to be in the present, I mean, when the war isn't start

You mean like T1, 2, 3; i guess they don't want to repeat T4.

But they must find a really good story if they do that.

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

Message edited by chrisdvanne - Friday, 13 Jul 2012, 00:04

The1RussterDate: Thursday, 12 Jul 2012, 23:35 | Message # 5
Group: Writer
As I understand the situation, Pacificor licensed Megan Ellisons production company to make T5 & T6 to complete the trilogy begun by McG's T4. Based on what I recall was said about the remaining story, I wouldn't waste my money on seeing them. I'm sorry I bought the DVD to T4. There are aspects to the entire story that says it was written by someone who just doesn't get what Terminator is about.

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles REUNION

AlexDate: Friday, 13 Jul 2012, 01:46 | Message # 6
Group: Bloggers
I too found T4 trying. It was a much simpler story than any of the previous ones and a lot of the major elements of the story were frankly the least interesting of all four films. I think in a way that Friedman hit upon exactly the right thing to do with the story - serialize it and flesh out more of the story with really interesting characters that had lots of development potential. I realize that there are probably terminator fanfics that draw upon the movies but the most interesting ones I have read all centre around the series (take a bow T1R).

In my opinion, I believe that the whole world of Terminator has reached a point where it has to mature, to become more involved and more complicated. It needs more detail, more complex characters, and long, structured plot lines for it to grow and to continue to be interesting. McGs film might have worked much earlier and even then, not too likely but coming as it did after the first three films and TSCC, it is a pale and weak story that really should be considered a dead branch.

If you are going through Hell, keep going.

Message edited by Alex - Friday, 13 Jul 2012, 01:46

KrelleKDate: Sunday, 15 Jul 2012, 23:52 | Message # 7
yeah it would have been so much better if they had relocated the T4 funds to the TtSCC series instead

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Terminator the Sarah Connor Chronicles » About Terminator 5
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: