[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Page 2 of 2«12
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Terminator the Sarah Connor Chronicles » Time line for TSCC (Changes in present influence the future)
Time line for TSCC
chrisdvanneDate: Friday, 28 Sep 2012, 07:12 | Message # 16
Group: Administrators
Charlie Jane Anders has written an article on time travel at iO9, inwhich Terminator and TSCC are mentioned.

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles plays with this notion further, implying that the future is a moving target — the future that Derek Reese came from is not the same one that Jesse Flores came from. They remember some key events from the future very differently, and John Connor is a very different person in Jesse's future than in Derek's.

So is Kyle Reese the original father of John Connor? Or was there a timeline in which nobody traveled back in time, and someone else hooked up with Sarah Connor? We asked Sarah Connor Chronicles creator Josh Friedman a few years ago, and he said it was at least possible there was a "pre-Kyle Johnfather" — but then you have a radically different timeline in which Sarah Connor doesn't train her son to be the resistance leader, he just figures it out on his own.

In any case, the Terminator series is Exhibit A for why messy time travel opens up more possibilities than "neat" time travel. The story of John Connor sending his own father back in time to become his father is a cute idea, but it doesn't open up a lot of possibilities beyond that one notion. It's a curio. It's a fancy clockwork sculpture rather than a wild adventure.

Read full article : Why Time Travel Stories Should Be Messy

On the same topic, you can also read : 'The Best Time Travel Movie Franchises' at IGN

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

chrisdvanneDate: Tuesday, 16 Oct 2012, 00:40 | Message # 17
On a related topic, read this article :
'Terminator 5 would have resurrected Sarah Connor and Kyle Reese in another dimension' at Io9

ThierryDate: Tuesday, 16 Oct 2012, 15:13 | Message # 18
Group: Friends
thx for this, Chris... I read the article as soon as I will be able to read with my new glasses.
for the moment, it is useless to try, I see nothing. biggrin

So much grace is beautiful and peaceful for the mind and the eyes.

The1RussterDate: Tuesday, 16 Oct 2012, 21:59 | Message # 19
Group: Writer
Quote (chrisdvanne)
On a related topic, read this article :
'Terminator 5 would have resurrected Sarah Connor and Kyle Reese in another dimension' at Io9

I found a similar article last week and shared it and my comments on the blue wiki. I'll repeat it below.

Exclusive : The Terminator 5 that might have been
Basically it says no progress is being made because the two chief players, Justin Lin and Arnold Schwarzenegger, are busy with other projects, script still has to be approved, and possibly some nervousness of proceeding based on poor performance of T:Salvation. They still want to bring back Sarah Connor and Kyle Reese from the first film in some kind of dimensional shift. Megan Ellison is sitting on millions of dollars worth of franchise which is presently not earning any money. Author suggests they should do a TV series with Terminator in the title. Gee, I wonder where I've heard that before?

My two cents:
So here we are with two principal parties. Megan Ellison holding millions of dollars worth of Terminator franchise and WB owning a few million worth of TSCC. An amazing coincidence that for T5 they want to bring back Sarah and Kyle and in season 3 of TSCC we would have had Sarah and Kyle. H­ell, the production could even contrive to have Kyle of that alternate future sent back to help Sarah in present day and he can relate to her what John has been up to between the time he arrived in the future and Kyle was sent back, all the while protecting Sarah once again from a Terminator (opportunity for cameo by AS) while she investigates Kaliba. That way we can have both the future story of John trying to get Cameron back and present day story of Sarah and Kyle, with Kyle also appearing in future flashbacks. All we got to do is get WB and ME talking about relaunching TSCC either in DVD movie format or as a series on cable. Broadcast networks have proven they are not a safe home for sci-fi.

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles REUNION

chrisdvanneDate: Friday, 28 Dec 2012, 13:57 | Message # 20
Brian Austin Green discuss relations between Derek, Cameron and Riley, different timeline and what happened in the basement.

Brian : "By the end of the season, we'll find out about the mistery in the basement"

Surely i must have missed something because if Josh Friedman gave us bribes of informations, we never had a clear explanation as to what happened in the basement.
This is probably why TSCC was so interesting and mind-blowing...and probably also one of the reasons the show failed in the audience department; because tv viewers were tired of Friedman's promesses to give us closure on certain plots that never came.

AlexDate: Saturday, 29 Dec 2012, 02:56 | Message # 21
Group: Bloggers
Referencing Message #20, I think that it is quite certain in the video, BAG confirms that Cameron was in the basement. My guess is that in the basement the Terminators (and possibly a few Grays) were harvesting blood and perhaps other genetic material. Perhaps they were also getting CAT scans. My reasoning is speculative but I believe that when Derek heard the music while Cameron danced, he was remembering the things that took place in the basement.

Interesting though that she would choose that music as perhaps it was a latent memory that popped up. And as we saw later, her latent memories also came out in the episode Allison From Palmdale.

Perhaps it is possible that the torture session Derek endured in another episode was also conducted in the basement (seen in flashbacks when he and Jessie confronted the Gray named Fisher sent back from the future). That may not be the case, however, as the sense I got was the torture sessions were frequent and took place over a prolonged period of time.

For pancake-eating Derek to state, in Season One, to Cameron "I know you" means that he recognizes her and my guess is that he knew her from two locations: the basement where he was sequestered and from the resistance base (after her capture and re-programming by John Connor). But, Cameron would only know Derek from the base because her re-programming included a memory wipe and so she would not remember the basement session.

As an aside, the reason I mention CAT scans is that I think Cameron did have some capability to do these and that she lied to Sarah when she said she could not do them. I say some capability because I believe she used what she had to scan the arm bone and the lungs of the student she met at nights in the library (Episode Self Made Man). Why she might want to lie to Sarah, I don't know but her tendency to be selective with the truth and her occasional lies were probably part of her mission brief.

If you are going through Hell, keep going.

chrisdvanneDate: Saturday, 29 Dec 2012, 18:13 | Message # 22
(Alex)
I think that it is quite certain in the video, BAG confirms that Cameron was in the basement.

Precisely, BAG announce we will have answers about what happened in the basement but there wasn't any flashback in TSCC or Cameron saying what really happened, juste educated guesses like yours.

Yes, Cameron lied sometimes, whether it is on purpose "John, i'm just a machine, i can't be happy (or jealous)" or when the writers didn't take the time to explain things, such as the extent of Cameron's capacities.
I notice that TSCC writers spared us all the technical mumbo jumbo on how Terminator works (unlike in Alphas season one, for example).

AlexDate: Sunday, 30 Dec 2012, 05:39 | Message # 23
Group: Bloggers
(chrisdvanne)
I notice that TSCC writers spared us all the technical mumbo jumbo on how Terminator works (unlike in Alphas season one, for example).

I think that in the art of storytelling, knowing how much detail to include is essential. Too much turns the story into a physics experiment; too little strains the audience's ability to buy into the story. Josh Friedman's team of writers always found the right balance as did just about anything that I have seen from Joss Whedon.

Sometimes, though, the level of detail can be integral but usually in the most formulaic of stories such as the Bond movies or in the Mission Impossible movies where the playing out of fantastic technical sequences using really whiz-bang gadgets becomes the story. And of course in Alphas, if we could not see the technical analysis that Sklyar performs, we would lose a critical insight into her character.

As an aside, and off topic, I am in Nashville Tennessee right now with my wife on a holiday. This evening, I watched the American SyFy channel and they ran a preview of the upcoming season's programs. One of the previews was for Alphas. It was only a few seconds and it was intercut with a lot of other programs but it was included in the season previews. Who knows, perhaps this means that Season 3 is going to be filmed.

If you are going through Hell, keep going.

HicksDate: Monday, 03 Nov 2014, 17:22 | Message # 24
This is my timeline of the Terminator movies. I would do one for TSCC but it would be too complicated since they change the future in almost every episode.

This is a timeline of the events of the Terminator movies and it's upcoming film Genisys

The red line means a straight timeline.
The green line represents the time travelers such as the 1st Terminator, Kyle Reese, the 2nd Terminator, the T-1000, the T-X, the 3rd Terminator, and new Terminator of the upcoming Terminator Genisys.
The blue line shows the changes that have been made to the timeline. The diverts in the timeline.

You follow the red line, then the green line, then the blue line into a good flow of time. You have the original timeline with 1st Terminator and Kyle Reese arriving in 1984, Kyle impregnating Sarah, the 1st Terminator's CPU used to create Skynet, to Judgment Day in 1997, all the way up to the future war to 2029 with Cononr destroying Skynet and the 1st Terminator and the T-1000 going back in time and Kyle and the 2nd Terminator going back in time. When the 2nd Terminator and the T-1000 arrive in 1994, there is a change in the timeline, which ends with them destroying Cyberdyne and the T-1000, the CPU, the arm, and the 2nd Terminator being destroyed. Then we go to a new timeline where Sarah Connor dies and Judgment Day happens in 2004 (or 2003 give or take) where the Resistance is formed, Connor wins the war, the 3rd Terminator (known by others as the T-850) kills John Connor, and the T-X travels back in time to 2004 to kill Connor's lieutenants followed by the T-850. They're meddling in that time caused another rift in the timeline including Connor not becoming the leader of the Resistance. In fact, I believe that in all the original timelines, it was through John's future wife Kate's father, General Brewster, who helped him become the leader of the Resistance, but since the T-X killed him, he wasn't able to help him. This leading up to Terminator Salvation. Now, this is still hypothetical, but it seems possibly confirmed about the new film Terminator Genisys's status in the timeline. According to the plot of the new film, another Terminator and possibly a 2nd are sent back to Sarah Connor's childhood, one to kill her and one to protect her starting another new timeline. The bad Terminator possibly killed her parents while the good Terminator protected her and raised her for 20 years where she grew up and because of the Terminator's living tissue he aged into his current state, which explains how Arnold will look old. His skin will be old, but his skeleton will be strong. Now, this hasn't been confirmed, but John Connor and Kyle Reese will most likely travel back time as well, due to pictures I've seen. Why both John and Kyle would go back in time hasn't been explained yet.

The new movie is also planning to start a new trilogy with Schwarzenegger and even a new TV series that is not TSCC. Don't ask. That's what I got, I may make updates once I see the new movie. Any questions, agree, disagree?

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Message edited by Hicks - Saturday, 08 Nov 2014, 16:54

ThierryDate: Thursday, 04 Dec 2014, 21:05 | Message # 25
Something tells me that the Terminator time line will have some changes with T5...

That's what is called a time feedback loop, so let's do a general reset.... with new TSCC series, but with the same Summer wink

TalonDate: Thursday, 04 Dec 2014, 22:46 | Message # 26
As much as I love the multiple timelines It won't work for Terminator...way too many as is. The story is now all cluttered and thrown to the way side.

The world is cruel...so I laugh at the irony.

HicksDate: Friday, 05 Dec 2014, 02:17 | Message # 27
I disagree. I feel it finds a way to tell a new story without having to reference the lesser sequels like T3 and T4. They did the exact same thing with the new Star Trek movies.

My timeline still works, the only thing I didn't account for is that I expected the Terminator arriving in Sarah's childhood to overwrite T1 entirely. But I underestimated it. We're assuming for the sake of argument that everything in T1 to the future war before the T2 was originally scheduled to happen, the "original timeline." So you can't overwrite Kyle and the 1st Terminator's arrival in the past, but you can overwrite their movements in the past, which is what they're doing with Sarah rescuing Kyle from a T-1000 and the new (or should I say old) Terminator, "Pops", killing the 1st Terminator.

Point is, I think it looks like a great movie and I can't wait for it.

PS
It would be nice if they cast Summer in a role.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

ThierryDate: Thursday, 02 Jul 2015, 19:46 | Message # 28
An article about the timeline of Terminator, including the Genisys ep.

A serious attempt to follow the Terminator timeline

Be careful with the headache wink

Source : The Entertainment Weekly, July 2th, 2015.

Message edited by Thierry - Thursday, 02 Jul 2015, 19:47

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Terminator the Sarah Connor Chronicles » Time line for TSCC (Changes in present influence the future)
Page 2 of 2«12
Search: