menu
person
Check out the latest additions to our ever expanding GALLERY hosting over 65,000 photos!
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Terminator the Sarah Connor Chronicles » Theories about TSCC and Cameron's unsolved plots
Theories about TSCC and Cameron's unsolved plots
BlaziusDate: Wednesday, 09 Nov 2011, 00:05 | Message # 91
Group: Friends
Quote (termi-ninja-tor)
Based on Weaver term's comment about John Henry's importance in helping John Connor beat Skynet, it appears that John Henry also deserves protection. And, along with that, it is important that the Third Faction and the Resistance are joined in the future to fight Skynet on a coordinated basis.

Maybe because its he who reprograms the terminators so Bob and Cam can save John in the past.

Quote (termi-ninja-tor)
John Connor's life is important because he is supposed to be able to defeat Skynet. That's why Skynet wanted to kill Sarah and young John. But keeping John alive is definiitely less important than defeating Skynet and preventing Judgment Day, i.e., John could be reasonably sacrificed if it would help attain those goals.

Totally agree.

Quote (termi-ninja-tor)

Thus, Cameron's mission is logically threefold. First, defeat Skynet however possible. She helped destroy the precursor to the Skynet of her future when she jumped Sarah forward in the bank vault and put her in a position to destroy the first Turk. Second, help the Third Faction and the Resistance join together. She did this by offering her chip to John Henry, providing him a way to escape the Zeira basement, where he was being targeted by the Kaliba AI, another Skynet precursor. Third, protect John Connor, which she did many times, beginning with saving him from Cromartie in the pilot.

These are straight-forward and obvious. It is not necessary to get into complicated theories based on conjecture and subjective interpretations. While those are possible because they haven't been explicitly excluded, they are essentially fanciful in nature, for the entertainment of jaded and bored imaginations.

In an imaginary world there is nothing tangible of course especially if its an unfinished story. But I rather want to find the coolest and most imaginitive ways to finish a story for myself or answer open questions and I think the Cameron took over the resistance version is way cooler than the simple, obvious version. Besides writers would do it too even retcon stories if that makes a story better.

Quote (KrelleK)
I am not sure of cause but in some moments of the T salvation movie it seems like that T2 and T3 has not happened, because well just somekind middle man, I mean yes he was young in the end of T3 but he was after all the one who answered the call from the different places. as the person in Crystal Peak

I always pretend Salvation doesn't exist smile

Summer Glau is so awesome, it isn't even funny!
Blood for the Blood God! Skulls for the Skull Throne!

ChrisDate: Wednesday, 09 Nov 2011, 00:51 | Message # 92
I agree that was definately the worst movie in the series but it does raise the point maybe T4 is technically set before T1 as far as the Terminator time line goes not that it really matters in the overall view you can ignore T4 completely and have a better feeling about the Terminator franchise IMO.

Still not buying into Cameron taking over and running the Resistance regardless of how JC may or may not have died there were more then just 1 General running the Resistance that does not mean that Cameron was not a leader of the Resistance that is actually quite likely even if it was her giving advice to JC when they talked a lot ie the power behind the throne.
The possibility of her jumping back in time to change things because JC did die is very real or quite possibly the Resistance was loosing the fight so she was meant to change things in their favour but I still maintain that she never would have been sent back if not for Cromartie primarily, Sarah never would have accepted her into their lives if the threat of a machine tryng to kill her son was not present even with machines after John Sarah is still far to willing to get rid of the machine protector so the chances of her having one around with no threat present at the start is highly unlikely.

chrisdvanneDate: Wednesday, 09 Nov 2011, 00:56 | Message # 93
Group: Administrators
Quote (Chris)
I still maintain that she never would have been sent back if not for Cromartie primarily

I think you have pointed out one of the many plot holes in TSCC; almost every TSCC hard-core fan agree that Cameron has a secret agenda (bigger than protecting John imo) but introducing her while chasing Cromartie in order to protect John make it sound stupid.

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

KrelleKDate: Wednesday, 09 Nov 2011, 01:00 | Message # 94
Quote (Chris)
The possibility of her jumping back in time to change things because JC did die is very real or quite possibly the Resistance was loosing the fight so she was meant to change things in their favour but I still maintain that she never would have been sent back if not for Cromartie primarily, Sarah never would have accepted her into their lives if the threat of a machine tryng to kill her son was not present even with machines after John Sarah is still far to willing to get rid of the machine protector so the chances of her having one around with no threat present at the start is highly unlikely.

Well if there had been no Chromarty around, Cammy could have told Sarah about the terminators there is sent back to do different missions in the past, but was ready ride out looking for John Connor should his name be uthered in the TV, or if recognized somehow out on the streets.

BlaziusDate: Wednesday, 09 Nov 2011, 01:07 | Message # 95
Quote (michelangelo)
I think you have pointed out one of the many plot holes in TSCC; almost every TSCC hard-core fan agree that Cameron has a secret agenda (bigger than protecting John imo) but introducing her while chasing Cromartie in order to protect John make it sound stupid.

I felt that Skynet was closing its trap around the Connors and the would be Resistance supporters too IN THE PAST. It swarmed the whole city with more and more Terminators and it even sent back more and more advanced models like Rosie and even upgraded their chips to be impossible to reprogram them. It started to be alarming that Skynet began to took over in the past too. Cromartie was actually only the beginning so one of Camerons goals could be to get John out from the grasp of Skynet( after she killed him in the past of course tongue )

Quote (Chris)
The possibility of her jumping back in time to change things because JC did die is very real or quite possibly the Resistance was loosing the fight so she was meant to change things in their favour

Actually it was quite clear to me that the Resistance was loosing the war pretty badly and the changes were needed because of this.

ChrisDate: Wednesday, 09 Nov 2011, 01:18 | Message # 96
Well the jump forward in time got the Connors out of Skynet's grasp as it had no idea where to look for them aside from bringing the show to the time it was being made which Cameron hinted at by saying if you want to fight Skynet this is the way.

I wouldnt say Rosie was a more advanced model either just a smaller T 888 after all Cameron kicked her ass in the elevator if Rosie was more advanced I think Cameron would have had more trouble fighting her like she did with the larger T 888s who appeared to have a slight strength advantage over her but she fought with more skill then they did where as with Rosie Cameron dominated her completely foldng her up into a pretzel before deactivating her was still the best fight scene in the show IMO

BlaziusDate: Wednesday, 09 Nov 2011, 01:24 | Message # 97
Quote (Chris)
I wouldnt say Rosie was a more advanced model either just a smaller T 888 after all Cameron kicked her ass in the elevator if Rosie was more advanced I think Cameron would have had more trouble fighting her like she did with the larger T 888s who appeared to have a slight strength advantage over her but she fought with more skill then they did where as with Rosie Cameron dominated her completely foldng her up into a pretzel before deactivating her was still the best fight scene in the show IMO

Even then the chip upgrade is a huge advancement too. And there are too many terminators since t2. Its like if Skynet doubled its effort and is constantly evolving in the future using more advanced tech. It was disturbing to watch. Maybe the jump just delayed Skynet but it'd eventually find and kill John even before Judgement Day in that timeline.

chrisdvanneDate: Wednesday, 09 Nov 2011, 01:25 | Message # 98
Quote (Chris)
with Rosie Cameron dominated her completely foldng her up into a pretzel before deactivating her was still the best fight scene in the show IMO

Apparently a majority of Wiki members think alike, judging by the result to the question asked in the forum :

What was the best Cameron fighting scene in TSCC?
1. Cameron vs. Rosie [ 11 ] [47.83%]
2. Cameron vs. Myron Stark [ 4 ] [17.39%]
3. Cameron vs. Cromatie (The Pilot) [ 5 ] [21.74%]
4. Cameron vs. Vick Chamberlain (Queen's Gambit) [ 3 ] [13.04%]
5. Cameron vs. Carter [ 0 ] [0.00%]
Answers total: 23

Source : What was the best Cameron fighting scene in TSCC?

ChrisDate: Wednesday, 09 Nov 2011, 01:42 | Message # 99
Quote (Blazius)
Even then the chip upgrade is a huge advancement too. And there are too many terminators since t2. Its like if Skynet doubled its effort and is constantly evolving in the future using more advanced tech. It was disturbing to watch. Maybe the jump just delayed Skynet but it'd eventually find and kill John even before Judgement Day in that timeline.

Skynet wasn't even looking for JC any more in that time line only Cromartie was actively looking for him as it was reported he died in the bank vault so it was like he stopped existing after the time jump even though all the terminators still had his name on a termination list but I think if we got a season 3 after Sarah became public news again Skynet would have sent more after John so yeah it would have been increasingly likely that John would have been killed before the start of the war but if he got back with John Henry, Cameron and Catherine from the future that would be alot to get past to get at John after seeing how easily Catherine dealt with the T 888 and its not like john was a helpless child anymore either.

termi-ninja-torDate: Wednesday, 09 Nov 2011, 09:44 | Message # 100
Cameron was a successful fighter because she was a smarter fighter.

She could beat bigger and stronger T888s by knowing their weaknesses and using available weapons from their surroundings, like the electric cable against Cromartie and the elevator against Myron Stark.

Her model might have been very similar to Rosie (very similar size and build), but Cameron was smart enough to get Rosie into a weak position where she could bend her limbs.

Did she have more experience fighting before she left the future? or was she taught tricks by future John? or is she just intellectually more developed such that she can figure out what to do by herself as she is fighting?

ChrisDate: Wednesday, 09 Nov 2011, 10:03 | Message # 101
I think she probably learnt hand to hand combat as well as having some battle experience per Perry's comments about using the machines in the Topanga Canyon in the future in addition to how to fight larger and stronger enemies she wasn't the only Terminator that used weapons available Carter was beating the hell out of her with a lump of Coltan but Cameron definately possed a high learning curve in her combat abilities amoungst her ability to grow in other aspects rather then running a program saying that a phosphorus coating on a chip to prevent the chip being reprogrammed or the information viewed on it isn't exactly accurate its just a Skynet security measure.

Cromartie also showed the ability to learn and adapt in the Mouse Trap episode he managed to draw sarah and derek away and isolate them from John with no way to get back in a hurry, break their phone code without even killing or torturing anyone but then he still walked into the ambush in Mexico but I think that was largely due to him not caring about taking damage as he was happy to stand and return fire rather then take cover.

As for John Henry's importance in reprogramming the Terminators to send back in time, well they have already established that JC can reprogram to do that I think John Henry would actually be able to remove all traces of Skynet programming so that the machines wouldn't go bad if their firewall broke down in addition to being able to reprogram faster then any human could.
It was also shown that John Henry had the ability to track everything that was occuring in real time when he was in the Zeira Corp basement real time tracking in a war would be a huge boost for the Resistance

ChrisDate: Wednesday, 09 Nov 2011, 10:09 | Message # 102
Quote (michelangelo)
I think you have pointed out one of the many plot holes in TSCC; almost every TSCC hard-core fan agree that Cameron has a secret agenda

Here is a twist for you on Cameron's secret agenda
She tells john they talk alot = we are friends in the future
We will talk alot = I will never leave you I will always be your friend John so that you don't grow up lonely and isolated
Was she sent back because she loved john or did she fall in love with this John after she met him, it doesnt really show that she loved him right from the start but she definately showed a willingness to be more then just his protector at the start.

How is that for a secret agenda a machine is sent back through time to keep John Connor more human (totally Jameron in thinking of course but JC does love Cameron and it showed she was in love with him or her version of love)in addition to the other things that she carries out willingly helping him fight back despite that putting him at increased risk

Message edited by Chris - Wednesday, 09 Nov 2011, 10:10

chrisdvanneDate: Wednesday, 09 Nov 2011, 10:10 | Message # 103
Quote (termi-ninja-tor)
Cameron was a successful fighter because she was a smarter fighter.

Maybe also because she's one of the main characters in a tv show biggrin

ChrisDate: Wednesday, 09 Nov 2011, 10:13 | Message # 104
Quote (michelangelo)
Maybe also because she's one of the main characters in a tv show

Touche
and yes I am currently laughing my ass off at this

Message edited by Chris - Wednesday, 09 Nov 2011, 10:13

chrisdvanneDate: Wednesday, 09 Nov 2011, 10:25 | Message # 105
Quote (michelangelo)
Here is a twist for you on Cameron's secret agenda

That scene was touching and also revealing indeed; i don't think she was lying when she said "Being John Connor can be lonely". It confirms what Jesse said about JC talking exclusively with her btw.
Cameron saying in the pilot "In the future you have many friends" is another plot hole; one has to remember that the pilot was filmed many months before the serie was picked up by Fox and a lots of plot elements changes usually in the process.

What you say is interesting because a lot of people assume that Cameron and future John are in a relationship which sounds weird considering their age difference; in fact there is no evidence of a romantic relationship in the future. That could change now that Cameron came back and alter the course of the future though.

I don't think there is a lot of TSCC fans denying that some knid of love is going between young JC and Cameron but the secret agenda, if one, has to be of more dramatic essence than just "keeping JC more human".

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Terminator the Sarah Connor Chronicles » Theories about TSCC and Cameron's unsolved plots
Search: