menu
person
Check out the latest additions to our ever expanding GALLERY hosting over 65,000 photos!
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Terminator the Sarah Connor Chronicles » Theories about TSCC and Cameron's unsolved plots
Theories about TSCC and Cameron's unsolved plots
chrisdvanneDate: Monday, 31 Oct 2011, 02:51 | Message # 31
Group: Administrators
Quote (reiver)
so if killed him in the future, why she came back to the past to protect him??its not making sense....!!!

You've not read my first quote about reprogrammed terminators : Cameron had a glitch and she killed John. Then for some reason she came back to normal but it was too late. As said Blazius, the resistance found out the trick and Cameron had no other choice to come back to the past to try to change things. I don't have all the answers but that makes perfect sense.
Sometimes they go bad, no one knows why.

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

BlaziusDate: Monday, 31 Oct 2011, 02:56 | Message # 32
Group: Friends
Quote (reiver)
so if killed him in the future, why she came back to the past to protect him??its not making sense....!!!

I think it definitely makes sense. Its possible that she didn't want to kill him but she did it by accident.

As Cameron explains wanting to kill John for her is like an equivalent to a human instinct. She has a great urge to kill him, her "bad side" demands it but her "good side" loves him. She is like a mentally unstable psychopath with bad anger management. If she fails to contain her savage side and loses control for a moment she kills him. Thats why she wanted to die, she couldn't trust herself and she wanted to protect John from herself later. She feared that she'll do it again.

And if even a sentient Cameron struggled so much with this urge its not surprise that a far less developed Cameron went berserk.

Summer Glau is so awesome, it isn't even funny!
Blood for the Blood God! Skulls for the Skull Throne!

Message edited by Blazius - Monday, 31 Oct 2011, 03:03

chrisdvanneDate: Monday, 31 Oct 2011, 03:06 | Message # 33
Quote (Blazius)
I think it definitely makes sense.

All the hints given by TSCC writers converge at that solution : the core programming, the glitch, the fact that noone saw JC in the future, Jesse : "he wasn't talking to anyone, just her", Cameron : "Talking to me is like talking to John",...
I can't reproduce the list, it would be too long.

Plus it's canon : Uncle Bob said to John Connor in T3 that he killed him (in fact it was another machine looking like him).

Message edited by michelangelo - Monday, 31 Oct 2011, 03:07

BlaziusDate: Monday, 31 Oct 2011, 03:17 | Message # 34
Quote (michelangelo)
All the hints given by TSCC writers converge at that solution : the core programming, the glitch, the fact that noone saw JC in the future, Jesse : "he wasn't talking to anyone, just her", Cameron : "Talking to me is like talking to John",...
I can't reproduce the list, it would be too long.

Pretty convincing proofs if you ask me. The pieces fall into place pretty nicely.

Quote (michelangelo)
Plus it's canon : Uncle Bob said to John Connor in T3 that he killed him (in fact it was another machine looking like him).

The stories of the protector terminators are very similar anyway why would it end differently?

It seems that in every timeline and canon John eventually "gets his head hanged on a pike for all to see" despite his best efforts.

Summer Glau is so awesome, it isn't even funny!
Blood for the Blood God! Skulls for the Skull Throne!

chrisdvanneDate: Monday, 31 Oct 2011, 03:21 | Message # 35
You can't deny, i have proven in the past i know how to decipher the writer's intention :

In the writers mouth, "I might some day" means "i did it" :

FordStaffDate: Monday, 31 Oct 2011, 05:49 | Message # 36
In the writers mouth, "I might some day" means "i did it" :

Or it means "I am the obvious suspect when you die, so that the audience will be surprised at the revelation that someone else killed you".

Of course your explanation is far more likely and is the explanation I actually agree with, but considering the length of the show they had many places they could have taken things.

Keep Flying - Not much, but it's enough.

termi-ninja-torDate: Monday, 31 Oct 2011, 06:12 | Message # 37
I see the logic of your analysis, but your evidence is only circumstantial.

If we somehow found out that Cameron did kill future John, you could say "Aha! See I was right."

But it would still be entirely possible that John Connor is still alive. Or he was killed by a Skynet terminator during some battle. There is no real evidence to deny it at this time, or probably ever.

We are free to believe what we like.

Also, by the way, I would not use T3 as canon for TSCC. The TSCC showrunners had stated explicitly that TSCC was based on T1 and T2, definitely not T3.

Message edited by termi-ninja-tor - Monday, 31 Oct 2011, 06:13

chrisdvanneDate: Monday, 31 Oct 2011, 09:07 | Message # 38
@ FordStaff
@ termi-ninja-tor

I won't try to convince you...because i have no strong evidence. It's just an educated guess and as said Josh Friedman, the answers to TSCC many questions are anyone's guess. "What is Cameron's secret agenda? " is TSCC's main question imo.

If a member of the Summer Glau Wiki has heard a rumor about a hidden child of Friedman (Arnold's like), it would be a great way to blackmail him to reveal the truth (anyone with further information on that subject, please PM me). Then i suggest we enrole as volunteers for the next comic con where Josh Friedman will come to present its recents projects.

reiverDate: Monday, 31 Oct 2011, 13:26 | Message # 39
Quote (michelangelo)
But it would still be entirely possible that John Connor is still alive.

eventually always john connor is alive.....!!!!!i think sending protectors back into the past trying to change the future...!!!
the question is who build cameron?skynet or john henry(third faction) in the future?because on the last episode born to run we saw that john henry knew cameron and cameron knew john henry.....

ok lets say that cameron killed john who sends the person who wrote on the wall the names and the three dots?

i'm blind not deaf - IllidaN

chrisdvanneDate: Monday, 31 Oct 2011, 13:54 | Message # 40
Quote (reiver)
i think sending protectors back into the past trying to change the future

Precisely, we don't know who send Cameron back. My guess is that future John DID NOT send Cameron back (because she killed him); one can imagine that she used herself the TDM (remember she has access to it) in time to fix her mistakes and/or forced to leave because of the resistance aknowledging her crime (or simply fomenting a revolt).

I have not specifically thought to the sub-plots you're mentioning (though i think they don't contradict my main theory); i could think of a global theory but it would mean guessing a lot of things and obviously i will be wrong many times. I prefer to stay the MAIN PLOT of TSCC : Cameron killed future John.

I let better writers than me imagine a global theory; my point of view is based on hints throughout TSCC (which are like facts to me) but i have not the talent to build TSCC season 3 and 4.

Message edited by michelangelo - Monday, 31 Oct 2011, 13:57

reiverDate: Monday, 31 Oct 2011, 14:05 | Message # 41
yes its a good theory that....
I simply was conflicting with that, Jesse with Riley, they knew that John sent Cameron back and them went back in time to stop/kill cameron (jesse's plan)!!
anyway too many questions!!!

chrisdvanneDate: Monday, 31 Oct 2011, 14:09 | Message # 42
Quote (reiver)
they knew that John sent Cameron back

Where did you get this?

reiverDate: Monday, 31 Oct 2011, 14:12 | Message # 43
its a thought!!! why jesse with riley goes to the past?i believe that jesse knew that cameron was sent to the past to protect john

Nomad79Date: Monday, 31 Oct 2011, 15:24 | Message # 44
Woops! Posted in the wrong thread..sorry! Let me repost.

Nomad79Date: Monday, 31 Oct 2011, 15:25 | Message # 45
I've been thinking about that...I think something went horribly wrong in the future and Cameron came back on her own to correct things between her and John, maybe there was a much bigger fallout with Jesse finding out about the proposed machine allience with the Cyborg Resistance. John might've been killed and the rouge Terminators decided to fight on thier own terms and the Resistance was just in the way.

Anyway, I'll post the first part of a new story in the TSCC fanfiction section soon that deals with this and why Cameron gave up her chip and possibly her life so that John Henry could travel to the future. It also uses my Thomas and Jessica OCs. Jessica is a new model of the TX line and what would be a defacto leader of the free Cyborgs. Thomas is just a normal soldier in the human reisitance and partnered with Jessica. he already has a girlfriend at the time, it's either Allison or Chola (the future version of her) and this causes friction between them. Things go horribly wrong that causes both Jessica and Cameron to basically 'reset' the past of both of the people they protect.

Jessica interfers with Thomas's own past to change his own future.

This is also the future that John jumps to to find Cameron and he bites off more than he can chew so does Thomas.

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Terminator the Sarah Connor Chronicles » Theories about TSCC and Cameron's unsolved plots
Search: