menu
person
Check out the latest additions to our ever expanding GALLERY hosting over 65,000 photos!
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Terminator the Sarah Connor Chronicles » Theories about TSCC and Cameron's unsolved plots
Theories about TSCC and Cameron's unsolved plots
The1RussterDate: Wednesday, 22 May 2013, 18:19 | Message # 421
Group: Writer
I was looking up some information today on TSCC. I couldn't remember the name of Allison's Young mother. - It's Claire by the way. - And on the page they had quotes from Allison's only story, Allison from Palmdale.

One of the quotes struck me differently this time around. (Please excuse me if this theory has been suggested already.) The machine, that will ultimately be named Cameron, tells the rebellious prisoner Allison, "You're very brave. That must be why he chose you."And it hit me like a ton of bricks. What if in this Future glimpse we are seeing in AFP, Future John has chosen Allison, without her knowledge, to be the pattern on which Cameron will be based on. I was like woah! How could John be so callous? That isn't the kind of leader we know of from what both Kyle and Derek have said about Future John. But then what if that Future John isn't the one we've come to know.

Be patient with me from here on. It's going to take me a while to spell out my theory.

In Season 1 Episode 6, we saw how it was that Derek knew Cameron in a way that suggested he was fearful of her, that maybe she had hurt him in some way, but the only scenes we see of Derek and Cameron together in the future, she saves his life from a rogue machine. What if that is a different Cameron than the one we know of in present day. What if the Cameron who came back in time to help John, is the one from Jesse's future. (Derek's future is also the same future that Kyle had left behind. It would certainly explain why Kyle said nothing about her and maybe even his brother in T1. Cameron hadn't been introduced before he left, and he certainly wouldn't want to talk about his brother who had gone missing just before he traveled back in time to save Sarah.)

In TSCC, Derek is the odd one out. He is from a future where the Turk became Skynet and everyone else is not, with possibly the exception of Vick, whom one of Derek's comrades was following, and Catherine Weaver who hunted for and acquired The Turk and made it into John Henry.

It would explain why Cameron would tell John, in S02E01 Samson & Delilah, certain people other than his family would be upset that he had risked his life to repair her. She was from a future that resented her presence. A future so bad one woman, Jesse, kidnapped a girl, Riley, and tried to force this present day John Connor to destroy Cameron in the belief she had killed that girl. Perhaps the Future John that Cameron knows was once the young John Connor she is now protecting. That Future John arranged to have Allison taken and duplicated to ensure she would exist to be sent back to help him in the past. It would also suggest that he had lost the Cameron from his youth at some point before Allison Young came on the scene. A hint of tragedy post BTR? Who's to say.

After this, the theory gets a bit hinky, if it isn't already, as all kinds of further possibilities exist.

Then again, it hasn't been absolutely proven that they haven't all come from the same future, but there is strong suggestion to say they have, which I agree with. It could be Allison was taken to be duplicated by Skynet simply because John Connor had chosen her to be part of his inner circle, and the machine was just reiterating what it knew. But what if the theory in paragraph 2 is right? That would certainly open up a whole new set of possible theories around Future John Connor.

Just saying. tongue

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles REUNION

Message edited by The1Russter - Wednesday, 22 May 2013, 19:07

chrisdvanneDate: Wednesday, 22 May 2013, 18:56 | Message # 422
Group: Administrators
Quote (The1Russter)
One of the quotes struck me differently this time around. The machine, that will ultimately be named Cameron, tells the rebellious prisoner Allison, "You're very brave. That must be why he chose you."And it hit me like a ton of bricks. What if in this Future glimpse we are seeing in AFP, Future John has chosen Allison, without her knowledge, to be the pattern on which Cameron will be based on. I was like woah. How could John be so callous? That isn't the kind of leader we know of from what both Kyle and Derek have said about Future John. But then what if that Future John isn't the one we've come to know.

Why not?
The other known theories - Allison was having a love affair with John, or Allison was close to John - are pure speculation after all.

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

JayDate: Wednesday, 22 May 2013, 19:46 | Message # 423
Group: Friends

It would explain why Cameron would tell John, in S02E01 Samson & Delilah, certain people other than his family would be upset that he had risked his life to repair her.

I've come across this theory before myself Russ, I'm leaning towards more of the fact that Jesse is from the future where John jumped forward. As I've quoted your explanation, Cameron telling John people would be upset with him repairing her could me where John jumped to the future to repair Cameron (Get Cameron back). It could also reinforce the fact of why Jesse said "He was speaking to know one but her". John had trust in Cameron as he spent time with her before he made the jump.

One thing i'll tell you though TSCC really messes with your head.   smile

Twitter: @KingFRJay94

The1RussterDate: Wednesday, 22 May 2013, 20:41 | Message # 424
Quote (Jay)
One thing i'll tell you though TSCC really messes with your head.

When you start delving into time travel, and all the series gives you is glimpses of the future, it leaves so much for you to try to imagine in order to piece it all together. Its made even harder when you don't have all the pieces. It can give you headache if you think too hard on the possibilities.

Message edited by The1Russter - Wednesday, 22 May 2013, 20:42

Charley_DixonDate: Wednesday, 22 May 2013, 21:36 | Message # 425
Quote (The1Russter)
I couldn't remember the name of Allison's Young mother. - It's Claire by the way

By the way, we have transcripts of all TSCC episodes including the "Allison from Palmdale": http://summer-glau.com/index/transcript/0-170 . Of course you can find them on the Red Wiki too smile

Cameron: My brother says if you want to be good at anything, you have to practice every day.

chrisdvanneDate: Friday, 05 Jul 2013, 13:03 | Message # 426
Most tv watchers only retained the blank Terminator face and the killing machine when they think about Cameron. They missed the point of the show!
The core of TSCC is Cameron's journey on her way to understand humans and therefore repair the errors she made with future John (and the reason why she had to come back in the past). That means it is a new journey for young John Connor too...and Cameron will be a major influence.

Remember what people from the future said:
Derek to John Connor: "They're waiting for you to be human". Derek says that because future JC cut himself from the Resistance and from the humans, probably under the influence of future Cameron, who don't care about humans.
This is perfectly in line with the theory of JC getting killed because of his closeness with Cameron.

Jesse to Derek: "Imagine what he'll become if he spend the next 20 years with her?" This shed new light on Jesse's mission and Jesse is maybe not the big bad, she simply wanted to prevent the mistakes of future JC. What she didn't understood is that Cameron herself will prevent these errors by changing herself in the present and becoming more aware of the humans.

locutisofborgDate: Sunday, 07 Jul 2013, 20:47 | Message # 427
This is just in my opinion; I don't think John would ever be callous enough to sacrifice Allison so that he could just get Cameron back. It would undermine all that he was taught to believe in humanity and to trade one human life, poor Allison's, for a terminator...which at the time of 2027 is the enemy...I can see Jesse's view point on this.

If he ever did any thing like that in her timeline, than yes, John has become compromised by Cameron and good people are dying. This is a war for survival against the very thing trying to wipe out the remains of humanity. Doesn't matter how high his position in the resistance is. If John Connor's decisions are killing more humans than machines and costing the Resistance the war, then he needs to step down or arrested. I think that he has placed maybe too much faith in the machines and has forgotten to be human.

Cameron is an infiltrator and programmed by Skynet like all machines to kill John and other humans. She is also still a computer and like computers. Needs instructions. She acts and reacts on the data present on any information preloaded onto her chip and makes decisions based upon the programming in her source code. She can learn to adapt to the situations around her and also dealing with John and other humans, but all of that is still based on the information programmed into her chip. Any resistance tech or John if they have the know how and the skills to reprogram Cameron to perform any situation that they see fit.

But Cameron is also capable of learning and applying what she knows. We've seen this many times in the show.

When it comes down to it. Cameron is still a machine...she will never be human, she can act like it, but in the end she's still acting on information that she has learned or is already programmed with. She is technically speaking a walking computer that can act and make somewhat limited decisions based on her programming. Now the explosion might have 'freed' her a bit in that process but for her to functions would continue to degrade and she would ultimately suffer a fatal error or complete systems shutdown. Her damaged chip like a damaged PC's motherboard would simply just shut off. The only way she could be 'fixed' would have to repair the damage to her chip using future tech and probably restoring her like completely restoring a PC from scratch.

"I am Locutus of Borg. Resistance to Summer is futile."

chrisdvanneDate: Monday, 08 Jul 2013, 00:58 | Message # 428
People coming from the future (and no matter what timeline they're coming from) such as Jesse, Derek and Ditz (submariner) say exactly the same thing: future John doesn't show human emotions, makes questionable decisions that harmed human lives and Cameron is following him everywhere and he isn't talking to anyone except her. As an aside, this is not this Cameron that we've grown to love in TSCC.
My theory based on hints left throughout TSCC by Josh Friedman is that it led to future John being killed (by a glitchy Cameron or rogue resistance fighters or Skynet) and Cameron send her herself back to fix this by spending the next 20 years with him; this way, she could lean more about humans and she could teach John so that he doesn't become the future John that everyone is describing.

I find it difficult to understand nerdy fans trying to explain in a logical way what is in fact a sci-fi tv show. At the end of the day, the technical aspect is only here to serve the goals of the writers. Trying to find a logical explanation to how a Terminator works is irrelevant. I've said it before, if the writers say that a T-800 can fly, I have no problem with that, I will not spend two pages trying to prove that the law of physics don't allow it. I remember that Smallville fans discussed endlessly how Lana should have had her neck broken when Clark jumped off of a building to save her after she was being pushed and they landed on a car after he catched her "mid-flight". The fans completely missed the point of this silent, beautiful scene filmed in slow motion; IT WAS THE FIRST TIME THAT CLARK SAVED LANA WITH A DISCOVERED FACE, WITHOUT HIDING HIS IDENTITY. But fans ruined that moment.
TSCC fans did the same thing when they discussed how Cromartie should or should not sink; what does this type of discussion brings to the understanding of the story and the characters development: nothing.

As Cameron said: "I don't think you understand how Terminators works. I have sensation. I feel. I wouldn't be worth much if I couldn't feel."

locutisofborgDate: Monday, 08 Jul 2013, 04:32 | Message # 429
Or just too leave it to the fans' imagination like Josh said and has promised to never reveal any of the ideas for season three, and all we know is from what we can draw upon what might have happened based on interviews with Summer and the other cast members.

Maybe it was not John Connor at all...in the future, Jesse was from...and this comes from watching the show and some fan input. I'll explain why later.

"I am Locutus of Borg. Resistance to Summer is futile."

chrisdvanneDate: Tuesday, 16 Jul 2013, 13:04 | Message # 430
Did Josh Friedman really had in mind an episode with no dialog and "a fucked up robot crawl for 43 minutes."? I'm confused wacko

TSCC posters and promos

Anyway I invite you to read this interview published at Collider after the writers's strike.

dylangillianDate: Tuesday, 16 Jul 2013, 13:27 | Message # 431
well i think that would be a very boring episode, but i might be wrong. i do like the idea of cameron's legs being blown off, she barely took damage from that explosion, of course her leg and chip where messed up, but that was about it.

knowledge is power.

chrisdvanneDate: Monday, 03 Mar 2014, 00:33 | Message # 432
The distrustful glance showed in the following screen caps from TSCC 2.05 'Goodbye to All That' are the only interactions between John and Cameron during the whole episode.

John and Cameron in TSCC 2.05 'Goodbye to All That'John and Cameron in TSCC 2.05 'Goodbye to All That'John and Cameron in TSCC 2.05 'Goodbye to All That'John and Cameron in TSCC 2.05 'Goodbye to All That'

I get it that not all episodes can be Cameron-centric; but I don't get how fans had to wait till episode 2.21 and 2.22 (the whole season 2) to get another Jameron moment. That Josh Friedman deliberately pushed into the background the fan favorite, most interesting/mysterious character during almost an entire season is beyond my comprehension.

The1RussterDate: Tuesday, 04 Mar 2014, 16:37 | Message # 433
Quote Charley_Dixon ()
By the way, we have transcripts of all TSCC episodes including the "Allison from Palmdale": http://summer-glau.com/index/transcript/0-170 . Of course you can find them on the Red Wiki too smile

Transcripts to individual episodes on the Red Wiki can be found by visiting the program guides and clicking the links to the individual episodes where links are available for that specific episodes transcripts. Alternatively you could just do a search on the Red Wiki for the word transcript.

http://www.sarahconnorfans.com/page/Season+1+Episodes

http://www.sarahconnorfans.com/page/Season+2++Episodes

Message edited by The1Russter - Tuesday, 04 Mar 2014, 16:39

Chris7Date: Wednesday, 05 Mar 2014, 10:36 | Message # 434
Quote chrisdvanne ()
I get it that not all episodes can be Cameron-centric; but I don't get how fans had to wait till episode 2.21 and 2.22 (the whole season 2) to get another Jameron moment. That Josh Friedman deliberately pushed into the background the fan favorite, most interesting/mysterious character during almost an entire season is beyond my comprehension.

I feel the same. That's why i prefer the first season more, even though the second season is (objectively) a huge step forward. Keep in mind though, nobody knew at that time that there won't be a 3rd season. Really a shame. There are not much movies with such an amount of depth and brilliant cast!

chrisdvanneDate: Thursday, 06 Mar 2014, 22:59 | Message # 435
Quote chrisdvanne ()
The distrustful glance showed in the following screen caps from TSCC 2.05 'Goodbye to All That' are the only interactions between John and Cameron during the whole episode.

John and Cameron in TSCC 2.05 'Goodbye to All That'John and Cameron in TSCC 2.05 'Goodbye to All That'John and Cameron in TSCC 2.05 'Goodbye to All That'John and Cameron in TSCC 2.05 'Goodbye to All That'

I got a reply to my rant on Tumblr, this one:

I think that a lot of people miss the point about Cameron and the John and Cameron love story. The show is called THE SARAH CONNOR CHRONICLES. The show is about Sarah Connor. John and Cameron are the subplot, they’re not the main characters.

Assuming this guy is not trolling me, here's my answer: Can someone mention a plot about Sarah that the writers wanted us to care about or that fans are interested in, or some kind of character development? The only plot I see is Sarah's cancer but even that was not very interesting and not related to the overall story.
Yes, the show is called The Sarah Connor Chronicles, but TSCC is mostly about John's journey to become a man and a soldier. The person who is helping John in this regard is not Sarah, who stills sees him as a child, always tries to slow him down and doesn't understand him, but rather Cameron, who is testing him, and also Derek. Three simple questions: why did Cameron come back, what is her agenda and who is the reason John jumped into the future? So yes, the relationship (I'm not saying "Love story" but TSCC writers tried very hard to make us say so) is at the center of the show.

More, the only plots that interested fans and that TSCC writers hinted about without giving us answers are ALL related to Cameron's behaviours in the present time and during her common future with old John.

As TV Line's founder and editor-in-chief said, TSCC should have been called "The Summer Glau Show".

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Terminator the Sarah Connor Chronicles » Theories about TSCC and Cameron's unsolved plots
Search: