[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Page 28 of 31«12262728293031»
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Terminator the Sarah Connor Chronicles » Theories about TSCC and Cameron's unsolved plots
Theories about TSCC and Cameron's unsolved plots
chrisdvanneDate: Friday, 18 Jan 2013, 02:38 | Message # 406
Group: Administrators
Thomas Dekker Interview - Terminator The Sarah Connor Chronicles

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

chrisdvanneDate: Saturday, 26 Jan 2013, 14:56 | Message # 407
'Sarah Connor creator Josh Friedman on why the show won't be coming back' at Blastr

Here are a few excerpts:

On the flip side, what storylines never quite developed the way you hoped?

Friedman: Well, the most obvious answer involves all the things that we dropped due to the strike in season one. The high-school intrigue re the suicidal cheerleader and the guidance counselor was a chunk of it. We had a character who was blackmailing various students and teachers, and John would have run afoul of him/her. We never got that far, and by the time season two rolled around, I think everyone just wanted to move past it.
[...]
Do you ever see the story continuing, perhaps in a comic book or another format?

Friedman: I don't own this franchise or control it in any way. I can't just go make a deal to do a comic book or a DVD movie or anything like that. The people that control the franchise need to be interested in another iteration of not just Terminator, which clearly they are, but TSCC, which at this point they are not. I've tried to pull this proverbial band-aid off as quickly as I can, but I don't want that confused with me giving up on the show. It's been my entire creative existence for years, and nothing strokes my ego more than hearing about people clamoring for more TSCC and e-mailing network executives to that effect. But I want people to have a realistic understanding of what's going on. I owe them honesty.

EDIT: as The1Russter mentioned below (sorry i forgot), it's an old article and the title is not the best part of it. But i think it gives a few interesting elements that may be new to some of you.

The1RussterDate: Saturday, 26 Jan 2013, 19:24 | Message # 408
Group: Writer
Quote (chrisdvanne)
'Sarah Connor creator Josh Friedman on why the show won't be coming back' at Blastr

Here are a few excerpts:

QuoteOn the flip side, what storylines never quite developed the way you hoped?

Friedman: Well, the most obvious answer involves all the things that we dropped due to the strike in season one. The high-school intrigue re the suicidal cheerleader and the guidance counselor was a chunk of it. We had a character who was blackmailing various students and teachers, and John would have run afoul of him/her. We never got that far, and by the time season two rolled around, I think everyone just wanted to move past it.
[...]
Do you ever see the story continuing, perhaps in a comic book or another format?

Friedman: I don't own this franchise or control it in any way. I can't just go make a deal to do a comic book or a DVD movie or anything like that. The people that control the franchise need to be interested in another iteration of not just Terminator, which clearly they are, but TSCC, which at this point they are not. I've tried to pull this proverbial band-aid off as quickly as I can, but I don't want that confused with me giving up on the show. It's been my entire creative existence for years, and nothing strokes my ego more than hearing about people clamoring for more TSCC and e-mailing network executives to that effect. But I want people to have a realistic understanding of what's going on. I owe them honesty.

That is from an article dated June 8, 2009. At that time the rights to Terminator was in contention because Halcyon had been defaulting on its loan payments to Pacificor long before Terminator Salvation came out in May 2009. I believe it to be the leading factor into why FOX canceled the series and WB didn't try marketing TSCC to other networks, because how could they make more in 2009, with any security of being able to finish, when the present owner of Terminator couldn't even pay off its loan.

Now its almost four years later. The rights issue has finally been settled. Pacificor owns Terminator and Annapurna now has a contract to develop projects for the franchise. Warner Brothers finally, after close to four years, has a partner to produce more TSCC, provided both WB and Annapurna have any interest in completing the series.

In our humble attempts, we are trying to stir up the fanbase to remind WB that there is still interest in the series. Hopefully, as they are reminded that the fans of TSCC still exist they might consider completing the series. We know it is a long shot, especially now, to get any form of continuation. At this stage I'd even be happy with a novel or series of novels, written with input from Josh Friedman, to complete the story. It would be an official continuation of the series and bring closure for the fans.

I've made it my personal goal, during this Fifth Anniversary year, to do what I can to try to save our show. Come April or May of 2014 and we haven't had word either positive or negative in regards to having any kind of completion for TSCC, and I'll be done with the fight. Reality replaces optimism and I'll be onto something else.

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles REUNION

Message edited by The1Russter - Saturday, 26 Jan 2013, 19:27

chrisdvanneDate: Tuesday, 29 Jan 2013, 00:41 | Message # 409
I could have posted the following message in the Easter egg and hidden message thread as well, but since there's already an entire thread dedicated to TSCC's mysteries.

Leather jacket worn by Cameron in TSCC 2x16 'Some Must Watch While Some Must Sleep'

Leather jacket worn by Cameron in TSCC 2x16 'Some Must Watch While Some Must Sleep'

While that jacket is definitively Cameron's style, brown is not her color, it's more Sarah's color; since we know Sarah is dreaming those scenes, it makes me wonder if there's not a hidden meaning to the sight of Sarah's color on Cameron.

What if Cameron stealing Sarah's color is a metaphor for Cameron "stealing" John from her? Since we know that one of Sarah's greatest fear is the way "John is responding to Cameron". Sarah, just like every mother, is afraid that this sexy robot might take her place in her son's heart.

Is it me inventing things that doesn't exist, once again? Yes sure, it's not like the whole episode contains countless direct allusions to Cameron taking Sarah's place and turning John's head wink

You want examples, here we go!

Sarah monologue at the begining of the episode:
"...Midnight is the witching hours...We are visited by the incubbus, the succubus...the demons come after midnight...they take from us what is most precious, our lives, our love, our sanity..."

Then there's the scene at the cafeteria, when John complimented Cameron on her pancakes and they were all smiles; Sarah's face when she learned that Cameron is making pancakes, whereas it has always been Sarah's prerogative in TSCC, was priceless. Or when a vexed Sarah said to John "Not as good as hers" when John wasn't eating his food.

Sarah's face when she learned that Cameron is making pancakes - TSCC

Then there's the remake of the scene with Cameron in her underwear passing by in front of a visibly upset John.

Cameron in her underwear passing by in front of a visibly upset John - TSCC

Then, there's the beautiful but dangerous nurse, who is a representation of Cameron in Sarah's mind, as proven first by her line "Thanks you for explaining", matching Summer's tagline in TSCC; it became obvious when the audience saw she was in fact a Terminator.

Cameron in her underwear passing by in front of a visibly upset John - TSCC

And like in every good story, the monologue at the end of the episode gives more clues (and often more mysteries in the case of Josh Friedman's writing) to the story:
"A spirit sits on a man's chest, she's strong, beautiful.. she's here to steal his children, she's here to steal his future..."

Of course the dialogs in the van with Winston (the man who kidnapped Sarah) or with her roomate who smoke, have all their secret meaning, waiting to be decrypted; this is why TSCC was so interesting, because it had so many layers. This is also why it failed, because it was too dark and too intelligent for the mainsteam audience.

44sunsetsDate: Tuesday, 29 Jan 2013, 04:19 | Message # 410
Group: Friends
Quote (Jay)
I don't think Cameron had, nor had Allison memories erased. Allison "is" part of Cameron. Cameron has Allison's personality.

My belief is that Cameron doesn't have Allison's personality -- Cameron simply assimilated what she learned about Allison from her interrogation into her subconscious. Then, when she glitched during "Allison from Palmdale", things got mixed up and she "remembered" those things that she learned from Allison.

So my theory is that Allison's memories were never transferred to Cameron -- and the future events we see happening in "Allison from Palmdale" are from Cameron's imagination, and may never have happened exactly that way (though most likely it's close enough to the truth).

As the half-way house counselor says, memory is a very associative thing. That's how "false memories" can be introduced, and people start recalling things they never actually experienced.

I love the episode "Strange Things Happen at the One-Two Point". Cameron smiles at Xander when he says that you can fit the essence of a person on a chip, because it's a reference to her (Cameron, not Allison).

On the show you have this constant tension about Terminators not having a soul, yet some Terminators like John Henry and Cameron are clearly "different", crossing against the light and turning out to be far more than just your average programmed machine.

Quote (chrisdvanne)
What if Cameron stealing Sarah's color is a metaphor for Cameron "stealing" John from her? Since we know that one of Sarah's great fear is the way "John is responding to Cameron". Sarah, just like every mother, is afraid that this sexy robot might take her place in her son's heart.

I've seen a lot of people claim that Cameron was wearing Sarah's clothes in that episode but I never saw it. Maybe I haven't been paying enough attention, but to me all the clothes look like Cameron's usual attire. I'll have to fire up my Blu-ray copy and have another look.

I think a really big clue that it's a dream is when Cameron flashes a big smile to John which, if I recall correctly, doesn't happen in any of the "real" episodes. The most John gets from her is a small hint of a smile (apart from the Pilot episode where she laughs and smiles readily, but we all know the Cameron in that is very different to the subsequent Cameron).

"Some Must Watch, While Some Must Sleep" is definitely one of the more interesting ones, Roxy Bisquaint wrote an epic blog post about it:
http://roxybisquaint.livejournal.com/54214.html

By the end of "Born to Run", the transformation is basically complete and Cameron has replaced Sarah as the major protective figure in John's life (the bed scene where Cameron watches John sleep is basically identical to the scene from the start of the Pilot episode).

Quote (chrisdvanne)
Josh Friedman & Brian Austin Green interview (includes spoiler on what happened in the basement...or not).

Ah the good old basement! After watching TSCC a half dozen times I'm now 100% convinced that the torturer in that basement was definitely Cameron. Which is what makes Derek's "reconciliation" with Cameron in "Adam Raised a Cain" so much more dramatic and bittersweet.

I'm about 90% sure that Cameron tortured Derek for information about John Connor's whereabouts, and that he broke down and gave in to her. She then used that info to infiltrate John's camp.

My only doubt is whether Cameron and Derek come from the same timeline. It's possible that in Derek's timeline, he didn't give up John's whereabouts. In "To the Lighthouse", Derek seems adamant that he would never betray John's location.

Cameron states that Derek already gave up John's location once before, and this also implies that she has memories of torturing Derek, or at the very least she was an observer at his interrogation.

Chola: "We lose everybody we love."

Message edited by 44sunsets - Tuesday, 29 Jan 2013, 05:07

chrisdvanneDate: Saturday, 23 Mar 2013, 16:17 | Message # 411
Most of you have probably seen it but i think this interview shows how much Summer Glau invested into her character, how much she understands and even influenced the way Cameron was perceived. It's great to see that she is so committed and so passionate about her work.

chrisdvanneDate: Wednesday, 03 Apr 2013, 16:45 | Message # 412
Proof that TSCC was a soap opera, it has been reviewed at soapoperadigest.com; here's an excerpt:

Now, no one expected a chintzy little car bomb to take out Cameron, but it did have the effect of rebooting her programming to its original mission, namely, terminating John Connor. This was bound to happen sooner or later, and on one level I'm glad the producers got the story out of the way. On the other hand, the tale did feel more than a little rushed. Essentially one long chase, the episode ironically opened with too much slow-motion and confusing editing. Eventually, Sarah and John managed to trap Cameron, and in the only scene of real acting in the story, Cam (Summer Glau) begged John not to deactivate her, pleading, "I don't want to go," and, "I love you." She almost had him convinced until she miscalculated with the "love" line. (How ironic for a computer to miscalculate!) John looked like he wanted to believe her, and, yeah, she's hot, but she is, y'know, a robot. (Naturally, one wonders why SkyNet was churning out terminators that look like cute girls, but apparently even in the future sex sells.) John resisted her ploy and de-chipped her — only to plug her back in instead of destroying her. Apparently, John is the "Terminator Whisperer," because his puppy-dog eyes (plus a little timely tinkering with a screwdriver) convinced Cam to override her Terminatrix imperative and go back to protecting him. So, will this be the technique that FutureJohn uses to reprogram all the terminators he sends back to protect himself?

Source: Soap Opera Digest

2x01 Samson & Delilah 1080p HD

chrisdvanneDate: Saturday, 13 Apr 2013, 11:22 | Message # 413
kaotic made a great find that gives insightful informations on John/Cameron relationship and on Cameron herself.

From the TSCC season 2 DVD special features:

Cameron: You’ve said enough, Mr. Ellison. I won’t ask you again. He upset you.

John: Me? I think he upset you.

Cameron: You know that’s impossible.

John: Is it?

Cameron: You said it yourself, John. I’m just a machine.

John: You’re changing. You’ve changed.

Cameron: I learn.

John: It’s more than that. I don’t know what it is, but it’s more.

2x22 Born to Run 1080p HD

Source: http://tsccfans.freeforums.org/extended-born-to-run-scene-t85.html

chrisdvanneDate: Sunday, 12 May 2013, 16:34 | Message # 414
Quote (chrisdvanne)
Fans made a great find that gives insightful informations on John/Cameron relationship and on Cameron herself.

From the TSCC season 2 DVD special features:

As I said in another board, not including these lines in the final cut of the episode has Josh Friedman written all over it; because he seem to think: the less information we give to the audience, the better.
If you look at the DVD special where those lines are mentioned, they appear when John Wirth and Josh Friedman describe the process of writing an episode and Wirth says "Josh has the final pass on the script". Is that an indication that Friedman himself decided to remove those lines from the show? I think so.

Here's the DVD special; watch the video at 8:10:

At the end of this very interesting video, Josh Friedman says: "At the end of the day, it's a show about these family members trying to struggle against mortality."

I disapprove this vision!
As I've said on numerous times, I think that the general tone of the second season of TSCC was too dark and too complex. Imo, the show would have kept more viewers by talking less about cancer, suicide attempts and other metaphorical things and focusing more on Cameron/John relationship or Cameron's own agenda for example. A show about the end of the world and time travel is dark and complex by essence, there's no need to overdo it as it was done.

The1RussterDate: Sunday, 12 May 2013, 18:56 | Message # 415
I saw the series as a 'dysfunctional family struggling to stay together for the greater good (fighting Skynet) despite strong external forces threatening to pull them apart.'

Dysfunctional Family
1) A mother and son who haven't always been close.
a. Sarah hasn't been the same since T1. She fell in love with Kyle Reese who died shortly after john's conception. Sarah went on to join up with some revolutionaries/guerrilla soldiers/gun smugglers in Central America where she began hooking up with one guy after another in order to learn skills she could pass on to John. This continued until she was caught blowing up a computer factory where she ended up going a mental institute and forced to take drugs to treat a mental condition she didn't have. That alone probably screwed her up more than anything else.
b. John spent most of his childhood resenting his mother for hooking up with one guy after another and never settling down to a normal life. He resented her for getting caught and himself being put in foster care. He doesn't fit in with the other kids and he ends up a delinquent and not believing his destiny until faced with his very own terminator (see T2) After the events of T2 they appeared to have gotten closer, Johns resentment ebbing away, Sarah actually being able to behave like a mom toward John, though both always lived prepared for either FBI catching them or another Terminator attack. He resented her again after finally finding a stable relationship with a good man, she runs away on a whim after a nightmare.
2) Cameron enters their lives. Sarah doesn't trust her, but realizes they will need her in fighting Skynet and its machines. She begins to resent her presence and John shows signs of attraction toward Cameron. Cameron's attempts at flirtation/seduction (walking through house in underwear and winking at John), John saving Cameron's life when everyone was prepared to burn her. Despite John finding and having a normal girlfriend, it was Cameron he was closer to. Was Sarah jealous, or just fearful? Either way she wanted to destroy Cameron for simply how she responded to John, but didn't to keep her relationship with John.
3) Derek Reese  An unknown, a stranger. Derek's uncle, but they know little of him. John and Derek forge a fairly good relationship. Sarah always has trust issues, but when Derek kills Andy Goode, she looses any trust she might of had up to that point. Sarah relies on Derek for his experience as a soldier and his knowledge for fighting machines, but little else. Derek's distancing himself during season 2 leads to tensions as he isn't there when Sarah needs him. He does pull through though when dealing with Cromartie.

Outside Influences
1) FBI Agent James Ellison  Probably less of an influence than the others but through his association first with FBI and then with Zeira Corp, he was the face and voice of outside parties interested in the Connors
2) Jesse  Her actions kept Derek away from the Connors. Though not the center of the family, his honest, though somewhat cold, reactions and responses to situations helped keep the family on track. Is it any wonder Sarah became obsessed with three dots without Derek's constant steady influence. Derek didn't recognize what Jesse was up to, didn't even trust the Connors enough to tell them who he was seeing or where she came from. It wasn't until it was too late that Derek realized Jesse was playing him all along.
3) Riley  She kept John distracted from his family and their mission. Cameron recognized how Riley was a danger to John and because of John, but no one was listening to her on that score but for Sarah. Even Derek had little to say on this and he's the one complaining John is behaving more like Baum than a Connor. Riley's involvement with John ultimately led to her death, but not by Cameron as Jesse grew impatient and killed the teen and tried to blame it on Cameron. John's discovery of this plot more firmly cemented his relationship with Cameron when he told her he should have trusted her more, which didn't please Sarah any and tried separating them by leaving Derek and Cameron behind.
4) Cromartie  Out to kill John Connor. Probably kept the Connors mission focused until he was destroyed, though if it weren't for Riley's interference, events could have played out better for everyone, especially Sarah who became ill and then obsessed with the number 3 which led to 3 dots; she also became more fearful of a relationship between John and Cameron after the events in Mexico, and eventually the incident at Desert Heat & Air.
5) Charley Probably the best external influence the Connor family had. He was a good father figure for John. They had a great relationship. He and Sarah loved each other, but Sarah forced him to keep away because she feared Skynet would kill him to get to her, and eventually John. A fear that came true, but Charley was killed by humans instead.
6)Catherine Weaver/John Henry  I point to their combined actions of leading John Connor away from Sarah and into the unknown future. Cameron was somehow part of Catherine's plan, As Cameron obviously knew what the phrase, "Will you join us?" meant. Cameron carried through with the shocking results of giving up her chip, essentially an act of sacrifice, so John Henry could leave. Does she know that John will chase after her? Regardless, you have to wonder if after all this it was Sarah realizing she would have to trust John, that allowed her to let him go to the future with a liquid metal machine she just met.

I could probably go on, but I'd say that's it in a nutshell, the arguments for how I see the series.

Message edited by The1Russter - Monday, 13 May 2013, 01:50

chrisdvanneDate: Monday, 13 May 2013, 14:34 | Message # 416
Quote (The1Russter)
I saw the series as a 'dysfunctional family struggling to stay together for the greater good (fighting Skynet) despite strong external forces threatening to pull them apart.'

I would have loved to have see this show on screen week after week, unfortunately this is not what TSCC was about, especially in the second season.

In the following post, I'll try to put myself in the shoes of the general audience of tv shows on a generalist channel like FOX, not as a hard core TSCC fan, whose perception is irrelevant when it comes to ratings.

Instead of focusing on fighting Skynet and slowly transforming an emo kid into a potential leader of mankind (as it should have been, as mentioned on the video), Friedman's vision of the second season of TSCC was completely misbalanced and, voluntarily or not, it focused on strong internal forces threatening the family. The family drama (dysfunctional family) has won out over preventing Skynet's apparition.

The Connor family is dysfunctional for the reasons you mentioned in your comment; a fugitive, escaped from mental hospital mom, a kid having to face the consequences of her mom's choice of life, a cyborg who's despite his ability to mimmick human behaviours remains asocial for a large part (not to mention the attraction between John and Cameron) and the soldier from the future who they barely know.

The point I want to highlight about the Connor family is that it is dysfunctional by nature; it's interesting to notice that almost every elements featured in your paragraph apply to Terminator 2 and the premise of TSCC. But Friedman decided to tore this family apart in season 2 and created additional tensions among the family, by having Sarah struggling with her (Friedman's?) own demons (cancer, three dots visions, fear of loosing John to some girl/cyborg,...), by having John turning his back to the people who are supposed to watch after him, by making Cameron glitchy and thinking about suicide and by making Derek distancing himself from the family (Jesse story).
While each element taken separately makes for good drama, having them simultaneously contributed to create a very dark tone to the season and it was detrimental to the perception of other aspect of the show such as fighting Skynet, Cameron's own transition to a sentient being or John/Cameron relationship.
No wonder Terminator fans have given up on the show. That's for the young male audience.

Season two fist episode 'Samson and Delilah' ended with a proof of love and trust, John putting his life in the hands of Cameron; but shippers had to wait til episode 17 and following to see Jameron scenes. Friedman might have underestimated the strength of the Jameron ship among the audience; or more precisely, he knew about that but deliberately choose to ignore it and introduced Riley as a diversion and also as a mean to distancing him from his mother. I won't insist too much on the fact that Friedman "sold" Riley's character as a "normal girl" to the fans (ever since that lie, I was no longer able to trust him). I prefer to highlight that shippers like me were frustrated to watch an episode that barely contained a look between John and Cameron.
No wonder that shippers have given up on the show. That's for the young female audience.

Friedman's reluctance to give the audience answers on a specific point within a two or three episodes arc led to much confusion and frustration among the audience.
I was very pleased to know that John was no longer the emo kind he was in season one and seemed to be in season two; my only problem is that this revelation came only in episode 2.19 'Today is the Day, part 2'. It was not the result of a slow evolution, it was just Friedman hiding things from the audience.
I have lost the count on how many times Sarah's cancer was mentioned, then have been invalidated, then came back a few episodes later.
TSCCC missed the difference between building mysteries that can keep an audience interested and piling unanswered questions. The list of points left unanswered is too long to list. It's easier for us hard core TSCC fans to have answers on specific points because we have discussed them over and over in TSCC forums and because we have seen the DVD commentaries. But I let you imagine the level of confusion and frustration of the audience when watching the episodes on tv.

The outsides influences you mentioned have been completely pushed aside by the internal family issues and it was only at the end of the season that we could start to figure out what were the operating forces. Fans had a hard time isolating Weaver from the Turk, Kaliba and random enemies showing up throughout the show (a James Ellison replica, a mysterious biker shooting at Sarah, ...). I can understand that Skynet is an identified entity, especially at the begining but once again it contributed to blurr the perception of the show when the Connors were not facing an identified ennemy and had a hard time knowing who was the ennemy and who was an ally (and I love the idea of a Terminator fraction fighting Skynet btw).

I have no doubt that Friedman knew exactly where he wanted the show to go and that every piece of the puzzle would perfectly fit together over time but I think he didn't managed to convey his vision to the audience because he left too much to the imagination and thus generated confusion. This frustration and confusion ultimately left the show with a stable, hard core audience, but not large enough to insure a third season.

As I said previously, I'm convinced that Friedman's too dark and complex vision of a tv show was also the main reason why the 3 or 4 pilots he made in the recent years were not picked up as series.

Edit: I have fixed a few mispelling and incorrect wording

chrisdvanneDate: Friday, 17 May 2013, 15:15 | Message # 417
Why are you here?

TSCC fans were surprised when Sarah said that future John send Cameron from the future, away from him, since it would also mean that young John would spend the next 20 years with Cameron at his side.
Every fan aknowledged that Sarah's claim made no sense (throught the second half of the second season, TSCC writers insisted that Sarah understood nothing and above all not her son).
My interpretation of this is that John didn't send Cameron in the past, that traveling in the past was Cameron's own decision and that she made it herself (remember that she had access to the Time Travel Device).

I think she was forced to do that because of events that occurred in the future, the two possibilities being Cameron killed John herself ("Sometime they go bad") or John was killed indirectly because of Cameron's behaviors and that upset the Human Resistance (cf S02E02 "They will be upset...not them"); another possibility would be that a rogue Resistance fighter killed John because they disagree with his strategy to have Terminators in every camp, but it's unlikely imo.

Of course, Friedman's throw Sarah's statement at the audience's face without giving us any clue (Cameron didn't answer anything) and the serie was cancelled without giving us any answer.

The1RussterDate: Friday, 17 May 2013, 15:56 | Message # 418
Looking at that scene out of context, its as if Sarah is trying to get an emotional response out of Cameron. It would make sense if what Sarah was saying was being said to a human, but not to Cameron. Cameron knows the means or reasons by which it was she who came back in time and not some other machine or even a human. Sarah knows nothing other than that Cameron is here for the reasons Cameron said. Good dramatic scene, designed to get the audience thinking as to 'why' Cameron was sent to help John, but it was poor choice to use Sarah as the medium to convey that thought to the audience.

That conversation might have come better from Derek with some mild alteration to the dialogue, maybe with Sarah present, after Jesse let Derek know there was some dark mystery surrounding Cameron and John in the future.

Example (and just off the top of my head): Future John hadn't been seen in weeks. His radio broadcasts continued as normal, but orders were sent out by messenger. Most times the messenger were machines. The primary representative of Future john was Cameron. Then one day a group of fed-up resistance fighters invaded, broke into, F-John's last known whereabouts only to discover he was gone, and possibly for weeks. His machine bodyguards had been carrying on the ruse he was still in command. The resistance had no idea what happened to him and could only assume worse. When they finally calmed down and began a body count of the destroyed machines, they discovered Cameron was missing. They could then show in shadows, with only their hands being seen, a male figure operating controls to TDE, and Cameron in the middle of the TDE room. We don't know who the male figure is, or if its human or machine. It would play into how they never show F-John on TSCC and borrows on the atmosphere of the scene of Derek seeing TDE for first time and a shadowy figure entering the room.

I haven't watched the season 2 episodes in a while, so Jesse might have said something, that I have forgotten, which could cause Derek to do the same instead of Sarah.

EDIT:

I just want to say that I have my quibbles with certain aspects of the show like any other fan. There are some things that could have been done better, some plot threads that could have been wrapped up in fewer episodes, and others that needed more development, but overall I found it to be one of the best pieces of drama on television. As one reviewer put it, who watched the entire series after it came out on DVD, TSCC plays like a visual novel. You really have to watch the entire series to know what is happening, yet at the same time you are left with a bunch of questions that you hope to find answers to in the next season which will give you new questions to be answered in next, and so on until the last. Unfortunately for us, the last half of the novel is missing and we will forever have questions about what has happened and what might happen. Its one of the key things that made TSCC so good.

Message edited by The1Russter - Friday, 17 May 2013, 16:16

chrisdvanneDate: Saturday, 18 May 2013, 01:26 | Message # 419
I agree with you, there's no way Cameron is going to give Sarah an emotional response as an human would do. At first, Cameron gave Sarah a logical answer - protect Jonh, fight Skynet - but this robotic answer is not what Sarah was asking for and Cameron's silence after Sarah clarified her question can be interpreted as "I have a secret agenda but I'm not going to reveal it to you".
In TSCC S2X19 Today is the Day - Part 2, when John confronts Jessie, John explains that future John send a machine (good Arnold) to protect 12 year old John, "because human being can't be replaced while machines can be rebuilt". Maybe it applies to an ordinary reprogrammed Terminator, but certainly not to the "little Terminator bitch that follows Connor everywhere", as said Dietz. This is also one of the reasons why I don't think that John would have simply send Cameron away from him, unless he was forced to do that by a mutiny among the Resistance. But at this point this is just speculation.
You raised an important point, Sarah knows nothing other than that Cameron is here for the reasons Cameron said...and so does the audience, we have no clue why Cameron was send back.

Thank you for writing on the fly one of the possible scenarios I mentioned, I haven't the talent to do that.
And yes, Jesse said several very important things to back up the theory that future John might be dead and Cameron took command of the resistance. When Derek confronted her when he discovered she was spying on the Connors, she said "John wasn't talking to anyone anymore, just her". She also accuses him of making "questionable decisions" under Cameron's influence that have led to the deaths of several soldiers (probably the loss of the submarine Jimmy Carter). And WE SAW THAT when Cameron debriefed Jesse in the future and Cameron said "Telling me is the same as telling John", which lead me to think that John is dead or at least that Cameron took command of the Resistance.

Like you, I think that TSCC was one of the best shows I've seen; I was just trying in Message #436 to develop what Friedman himself said: "Terminator fans didn't watch TSCC because they expected a chase with a Terminator of the Week while it was a family drama, and drama fans didn't watch the show because they thought it was a sci-fi show" (or something like that).

The1RussterDate: Saturday, 18 May 2013, 01:48 | Message # 420
I recognized it as a family drama set in the Terminator universe. If TSCC turned out to be just a  terminator of the week type story line with car chases and gun battles and blowing up suspect technology firms every week I wouldn't have stuck with it. I wouldn't have watched it past its fledgling first season. The pilot had to be like that to get the story rolling, to remind viewers what Sarah and John were running from and what they were fighting for. WE got one hell of great family drama based on characters that we knew of from the movies, but didn't get to know until TSCC brought them in our homes every week.

One thing I picked up on in the series that we just got to see a little of in T2, Sarah is afraid of losing John, not just through being killed by a terminator, but because he makes this connection with the machines. He responds to them and they to him. And with Cameron there in all her petite and perfect beauty, Sarah is afraid John might take that next step and actually be intimate, in more than just sharing feelings.

Sarah also knows if she destroyed Cameron, using Derek's sniper rifle, that she would lose John because he would never trust her, believe in her. John would leave Sarah. I think Sarah despite all her outward toughness, all her combat skills and abilities, inside she is still that scared waitress running. Running is what Sarah wants to do at the first sign of trouble real or imagined. Its John who wants to take a stand, who wants to act, who wants to fight. Cameron knows this and responds in kind. Its why she brought John and Sarah forward in time, to fight Skynet, to make their stand, to give John and Sarah time to get the job done before the inevitable happens to Sarah.

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Terminator the Sarah Connor Chronicles » Theories about TSCC and Cameron's unsolved plots
Page 28 of 31«12262728293031»
Search: