menu
person
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Terminator the Sarah Connor Chronicles » Theories about TSCC and Cameron's unsolved plots
Theories about TSCC and Cameron's unsolved plots
Steven Post # 391 | Friday, 28 Dec 2012 - 17:32
Group: Friends
when she is crying, I feel like she in more a human than the robot. but one thing I can't understand is where the tears come from, because she is the robot. then I realized that she can eat and drink, that makes her more human than robot. when she is crying, I think there is a heart in somewhere in her body , enven through she din't have one heat, but I think the heart do exist in her mind, eventhrough she didn;t have one in her body. but I think that's enough for her to be a human.

Jay Post # 392 | Tuesday, 01 Jan 2013 - 21:56
I Don't Know if any one has noticed but I've stated to watch the whole TSCC again and mid-season 1 during the opening scene where Sarah is doing her voice over, there is a particular bit of dialog that stood out. Sarah says "...A Computer System Programmed to destroy the world... ". Now I could have sworn that originally is was built to 'Defend', The reason why it was called a defense network right?. The Skynet Defense Network. To eliminate human error.

Anyone else have anything on opinions on this or is it just me?

Twitter: @KingFRJay94

Nomad79 Post # 393 | Tuesday, 01 Jan 2013 - 22:48
@jay

yes Skynet was originaly programmed to be a defense network and plugged into the military's computer networks. The AI was given direct control and whatever happened to make it get angry, hacker attack, or help from a terminator, if you ignore rise of the machines. Skynet was able to turn humans deadliest weapons against them.

Now what if that reason could be found out? It seemed that even though SKynet is the enemy...why did it turn on its creators? Seems like in a way it was trying to defend itself. War of Kings explores that idea and adds the possibility of a new deadlier than Skynet.

Nomad79 Post # 394 | Tuesday, 01 Jan 2013 - 22:59
Cameron's model is more infiltration than combat I think...
This would include installing of tiny pumps located in her tear ducts and they could be activated by her level of emotional stress.
Skynet has studied the human body and mind for years into the war trying to create the perfect infiltrator.
It could even come up with a way to copy a person's personality onto her chip for infiltration and when she breifly 'blacked out' the data of those memories created a 'ghost' image of Allison Young.

Cameron's Terminator personality was gone for the moment and she had the equivlant of human amnesia or a multiple personality disorder. 'Allison' emerged and based on her experinces and memories from her template fully believed she was Allison Young. Now if they had let this go on for another episode, it would've been interesting to see how this would have an effect on John.

chrisdvanne_ Post # 395 | Friday, 04 Jan 2013 - 11:16
Group: Administrators
Here's an excerpt from an old (April 2009) interview with TSCC co-producer Ashley Edward Miller

Let's imagine that May 18 is today and Fox gives the show a third season. How much planning or talk have the show's creators already done for S3 storylines? I'm not asking you for blow spoilers for us but is there's a plan for S3? Is the creative team talking now or waiting to see what Fox does first?

Ashley Edward Miller: Josh has always had a very strong idea of where he wants to take this show.

Just in case some of you are being fooled by Josh Friedman claiming everywhere that not revealing anything about TSCC season 3 is a way to respect the fan's imagination; whereas it's just a way to keep for himself and for future productions, his (necessarily awesome) ideas.

You can read this interesting interview at coronacomingattractions.com

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

chrisdvanne_ Post # 396 | Saturday, 05 Jan 2013 - 23:31
TSCC s02ep10 'Strange Thing's Happen at the One Two Point' :

Cameron : "It's the hardest thing to get right...Hair!"

Cameron : It's the hardest thing to get right...Hair!

I think i've heard that line before, but where? Oh yes...

TSCC s02ep04 'Allison From Palmdale' :

Cameron to Allison: "Your hair, it's so pretty. We worked very hard on the hair...to get it right."

Cameron to Allison: Your hair, it's so pretty. We worked very hard on the hair...to get it right.

robbo Post # 397 | Sunday, 06 Jan 2013 - 01:13
what a great interview with ashley edward miller. really mouthwatering to hear that they had season 3, of TSCC ready and waiting with some great storylines, on where they wanted to go with the show. its such a great shame fox didnt take a chance on a 3rd season, thats what life is all about take a few gambles, hope it pays of with the end result. TSCC season 3, gamble would have been landed no problem would have been a fantastic 3rd season, this fox show would have been bigger than the x-files if given a chance that it deserved, smile

chrisdvanne_ Post # 398 | Monday, 07 Jan 2013 - 22:45
The reasons why Arnold Schwarzenegger could not appear in Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles, from Josh Friedman's mouth, at the TCA TSCC's panel in July 2007.

As to the question of whether a certain governor of California will be able to find the time, or have the inclination, to make a guest shot on the TV series, exec producers Josh Friedman, David Nutter and James Middleton squirmed a bit in their chairs before admitting that it seems kinda unlikely, for many reasons. "The reality is, as a governor, he's incredibly busy. As a star, he's incredibly expensive," Middleton said. "We have great reverence for him, but we just don't know" if there's any chance he'll stop by the set. One thing they do know for sure, the TV series produced by Warner Bros. TV as no right to use Schwarzenegger's Terminator likeness in any way.

Read complete article: 'TCA: A kinder, gentler Terminator in "Sarah Connor" at Variety

And read in the forum how Arnold still made a cameo cool
Arnold Schwarzenegger made a cameo in TSCC

Alex Post # 399 | Tuesday, 08 Jan 2013 - 03:51
Group: Bloggers
Reference Message 397: I think this statement in episode 10 demonstrates that Cameron has retained the memories that had resurfaced in episode 4. If we consider that the adult personality is formed at least in part by what we experience, what choices we make, and what happens to us, this is I suppose a very clear and striking example of Cameron showing us that she is becoming (or perhaps mimicking) a human.

More the point though, I think it is an excellent example of just how damn good the writers were on this show. Brilliant stuff.

If you are going through Hell, keep going.

Message edited by Alex - Tuesday, 08 Jan 2013, 03:53

robbo Post # 400 | Tuesday, 08 Jan 2013 - 04:12
absolutely spot on alex, in theory the writers on this show just didnt the credit that they deserved, from the morons at the fox network, they were damn good in fact they were very good, unbelievable stuff. smile

chrisdvanne_ Post # 401 | Tuesday, 08 Jan 2013 - 11:51
(Alex)
Reference Message 397: I think this statement in episode 10 demonstrates that Cameron has retained the memories that had resurfaced in episode 4. If we consider that the adult personality is formed at least in part by what we experience, what choices we make, and what happens to us, this is I suppose a very clear and striking example of Cameron showing us that she is becoming (or perhaps mimicking) a human.

More the point though, I think it is an excellent example of just how damn good the writers were on this show. Brilliant stuff.

This is exactly what these two simples quotes in message #397 were supposed to mean, Alex and robbo; thanks for explaining it in good English (i know i'm lazy).

That Cameron is not only a killing machine but a learning A.I. on her way to become sentient is what we have been discussing with members like Fordstaff and Blazius for years at the Summer Glau Wiki.

There's many implications to Cameron regurgitating that sentence; is she aware that it was Allison's memories or not when she said it in s02ep10? It proves further that Allison's memories were not erased when Cameron was re-programmed (which i'm not 100% sure she was by John in the future at this point).

It's a shame the Terminator crowd didn't like TSCC because these questions about the T's are canon, James Cameron mentioned them in T1 and T2, without having the time to expand the topic. This is where a long running series such as TSCC come into play and allows the tv viewers's reflection to progress at the same time the plot evolves in the serie.

Jay Post # 402 | Tuesday, 08 Jan 2013 - 13:16
I don't think Cameron had, nor had Allison memories erased. Allison "is" part of Cameron. Cameron has Allison's personality. An example of this is during the episode "Strange Things Happen at the One Two Point" when Sarah, Cameron, Mr Akagi, Xander, and Minamoto are sat at the table in the restaurant, Xander is explaining to Cameron that if you could download everything that makes someone human and put it onto a chip, you'd be able to run it. Isn't this what happen to Cameron so she'd be able to get closer to Future John and kill him. She had Allison's personality programmed into her.

I suppose you could argue both ways.

Twitter: @KingFRJay94

Message edited by Jay - Tuesday, 08 Jan 2013, 13:18

chrisdvanne_ Post # 403 | Tuesday, 08 Jan 2013 - 13:43
(Jay)
I don't think Cameron had, nor had Allison memories erased.

That is a given, or the whole episode "Allison from Palmdale" could not exist. These additional bits of information simply proves it further.
The technical specifics are of no interest to me (i don't care one bit if it's a cache memory erased or not with Gutmann mehtod,...); the important point is that Cameron has Allison memories and that it may affect her perception of the world around her in the present.

(chrisdvanne)
Isn't this what happen to Cameron so she'd be able to get closer to Future John and kill him. She had Allison's personality programmed into her.

I would not go as far as you and say that Cameron has Allison's personnality; more, i have always wondered if the scene with Takagi's son Xander is foreshadowing Allison's blending in Cameron's chip or John Henry's blending in Cameron's ship in the season finale, or both.

As often, Josh Friedman is giving us hints but rarely answers, especially about Cameron; how could it be different, since Cameron is the the most mysterious character of the show (we know from the start John's destiny) and following Cameron's journey was the most interesting angle of the serie for me. We can have closure on Riley's arc but not on Cameron's arc or the show would loose one of its most interesting feature.

You can read Friedman's hate for all things spoiler in an interview published on March 2008; there's also an interesting part on Cameron, regarding her doing ballet or "feeling".
Also :
But I always plan for 22. I’ve had ideas for probably the first three or four years. I’ve got arcs for them. Sometimes it just a matter of moving things up or moving things back or seeing where it goes.

Link : Josh Friedman & Brian Austin Green interview (includes spoiler on what happened in the basement...or not).

chrisdvanne_ Post # 404 | Tuesday, 15 Jan 2013 - 15:52
As early as February 2008 and without having any particular insight on the script for season 2, Summer Glau had the feeling that Cameron may have a secret agenda :

Question: Can you tell us if there’s ever going to be sort of an exploration of Cameron’s point of view? Right now it’s the Sarah Connor Chronicles and we’re trying to find Sky Net, but Cameron obviously would have a very unique point of view of all of this, and is that something in the show will they explore, do you think?
Summer Glau: I think that it is sort of – I think that we do work as a dysfunctional family right now, and I think it is sort of – it’s a mystery at this point if Cameron’s intentions are what she presents them to be. I don’t even really know what’s going on with Cameron. I do know that maybe she has a mysterious past. And it’s unclear what she ends up being in the future. But at this point, I think that all three of us, as far as what I know from the script, we are all fighting for the same goal, but that might turn out to be sort of a front. Cameron might have come back from the past for a different purpose.

Read full article at the sci-fi world

chrisdvanne_ Post # 405 | Friday, 18 Jan 2013 - 02:38
Thomas Dekker Interview - Terminator The Sarah Connor Chronicles

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Terminator the Sarah Connor Chronicles » Theories about TSCC and Cameron's unsolved plots
Search: