menu
person
Welcome to summer-glau.com, your fan source for all things Summer on the web. Browse around the site and visit our growing GALLERY housing over 65,000 photos. Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter and Facebook and be sure to visit the site again!
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Terminator the Sarah Connor Chronicles » Theories about TSCC and Cameron's unsolved plots
Theories about TSCC and Cameron's unsolved plots
termi-ninja-torDate: Tuesday, 10 Jan 2012, 08:21 | Message # 331
Group: Friends
Blazius, are you deliberately trying to be obnoxious? I tell you now, I enjoy discussing the show but personal attacks are not appreciated.

Now, with respect to your arguments . . .

Quote (Blazius)
I feared this will come to this but this means that you haven't actually noticed the subtle mechanical characteristics which Summer later gave to Cameron even when Cam faked emotions and she was in infiltration mode.

Cameron was emotional when she spoke with the counselor and cried. She seemed confused, sad, and out of control. Tell me what "subtle mechanical characteristics" you think she displayed while she was crying.

Quote (Blazius)
In the pilot Cameron is not mechanical at all but fakes human behavior PERFECTLY. How did you miss that???

I am amazed that you think I missed the flawless way in which she "fakes human behavior" when she was trying to befriend John. Did I ever say that she is mechanical while she was trying to do this? You can review my posts and see that I did not. Is this an example of your vaunted abilities at observation? And what am I to make of your analytical acumen if you claim I said something that I did not say and then ask me how I missed it? Ha Ha Ha. This undercuts your credibility and thereby dilutes everything else that you say.

Quote (Blazius)
she herself believed that she is a human. Yet Summer still played her mechanically

I consider her to have acted mechanically when she threw John into to wall. Here, her reaction to him was very Allison, but her strength was terminator strong, so when she went to push him away, he got thrown into the wall.

There were parts where she transitioned between different identities. She was acting mechanically when she was choking Jody in Jody's parents' house. My interpretation was that she was behaving more as a terminator than as Allison at that point. She was not really trying to act like a lost teenager then.

Quote (Blazius)
the fact that you are rationalizing the whole thing so it can fit into later episodes changed concept indicates that you are contradicting yourself because what you are doing yourself is a

HUGE RETCON

I am just looking at what was aired on the TV logically. As I have explained, what I saw made sense to me and did not require me to think that there was any retcon. You have not actually addressed the reasoning in the quote you picked from my post, but you chose to change the focus to Allison in Palmdale and to insult me. Should I therefore assume that you found my reasoning irrefutable?

chrisdvanne_Date: Tuesday, 10 Jan 2012, 11:12 | Message # 332
Group: Administrators
We have come to the point none of us will convince the other and eveyone will stands on its position; i thought it would have been intersting for kaotic to hear what i and a few others had to say about a possible explanation of what happened in the future that caused Cameron to come back.

If that topic will inevitably come back since it's TSCC's central point imo, i suggest we move on to another aspect of the show.

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

ChrisDate: Tuesday, 10 Jan 2012, 13:18 | Message # 333
I view Cameron's change in behaviour in the following way, she acted like a regular teenage girl to get close to John as she planned to protect him and get close to him being unsure when the attack would happen she planned on inserting herself into his life without upsetting him which would have happened as Sarah would have moved him immediately which was shown to upset John, on many occasions she regards John's state of mind as paramount to his overall safety hence part of her problem with Riley! Once he was aware of who she was she decided to be herself around them so he was fully aware that she was a Cyborg and not a human, she reminds him on several occasions that she is a machine and throughout the episodes it shows her developing to be herself not some infiltration program!

Cameron's twitching was based around a threat to John, her hand twitched when she had the bird in her hand and it wouldnt fly away, the bird was a threat to John's safety because it was a fire hazard living in the chimney, her hand twitched when John went out without her, she didn't know where he was and couldnt protect him. When she had Riley in the shed questioning her she had a double problem Riley was a threat so she should kill her but John would be sad if Riley died so she didn't know what to do!

I dont think she overreacted by placing a bomb in her head so John could kill her if she went bad either, she was showing signs of being scared she would go bad with the hand twitches John couldnt fix her and she didn't know what was happening to her, Sarah commented about being a time bomb in episode 2 after being crapped up in the power plant and Cameron said "am I?" (not sure of the exact quote) she talked to Eric about suicide since he was defective like she viewed herself. Saying they did the wrong thing bringing her back could also be interpereted as I had to overwrite the termination order, I don't know if I can do it again if the order comes back its all in the way we view it and interperete what we see.

Still not seeing the Cameron killed John story line as there is little evidence only people interpereting things to suit the theory which is really all we have. I still find it laughable that people think that JC would be out talking to every soldier he comes across, he is prime target for Skynet and has had several attempts made on his life in the past why would he talk with anyone and everyone. The likely hood that he wouldn't be talking to his Generals is very unlikely and was not indicated by any scences with Perry only a AWOL soldier who killed a 888 and sank a submarine trying to justify her position to Derek who found out about her surveillence on them. Cameron saying John is lonely is not surprising in the least, he can have 1,000s of friends and still be lonely because he doesn't feel like he can share everything with someone so that line is hardly proof of anything other than exactly what she said!

Not buying into things Cameron says being interpreted as she will do them or has done them in the future either, it appears Cameron is just as lost with everything happening as everyone else is, sure she knows about the 3rd facion but she didn't know they were present in that time, the first she knew about it was the message from Ellison but once she got the message it was like she knew what was being asked of her possibly like she was preprogrammed with what to do if that message was delivered because Weaver didn't expect trouble with her either did John Henry, add to that if Cameron was really going to kill what ever was in the basement why did she not take a weapon apart from her knife into the basement especially in her damaged state. In theory there was enough time for the T 1001 on the Jimmy Carter to have been given a message from Queeg etc i.e. John Connor pre arranged a fail safe so that the T 1001 got his message even if it didnt make it to Serrano Point! (Again only theory and no evidence to support it but it was shown that Queeg moved around the sub and the T 1001 could move around freely given its ability to take on forms or move through the ducts)

Message edited by Chris - Tuesday, 10 Jan 2012, 13:24

BlaziusDate: Tuesday, 10 Jan 2012, 22:47 | Message # 334
Quote (termi-ninja-tor)
Cameron was emotional when she spoke with the counselor and cried. She seemed confused, sad, and out of control. Tell me what "subtle mechanical characteristics" you think she displayed while she was crying.

Compare that scene with another example when Summer plays such a role and you'll see that she holds back on purpose. She is not Natalie Portman who plays genuinely emotional scenes in a wooden, mechanical way you know....

Quote (termi-ninja-tor)
I am amazed that you think I missed the flawless way in which she "fakes human behavior" when she was trying to befriend John. Did I ever say that she is mechanical while she was trying to do this? You can review my posts and see that I did not. Is this an example of your vaunted abilities at observation? And what am I to make of your analytical acumen if you claim I said something that I did not say and then ask me how I missed it? Ha Ha Ha. This undercuts your credibility and thereby dilutes everything else that you say.

What the hell are you talking about??????? Surely not about my post....

My post looks like this:

Quote (Blazius)
Even in Alison from Palmdale( when Cam is in absolute perfect infiltration mode) its noticable that Summer acts too mechanical when she is Cameron in "Alison" mode. Summer even made a remark in the Audio commentary that the most exhausting part of that episode was that she had to play so many different characters.

In the pilot Cameron is not mechanical at all but fakes human behavior PERFECTLY. How did you miss that???

What I wrote is that Pilots infiltration mode and Alison from Palmdales infiltration mode is different because in the former it works perfectly while in Alison its choppy( hence it was retconned). How is this have to do anything with the nonsense you wrote in your post?
So I'm not sure whose credibility is hurt.....

Quote (termi-ninja-tor)
I am just looking at what was aired on the TV logically. As I have explained, what I saw made sense to me and did not require me to think that there was any retcon. You have not actually addressed the reasoning in the quote you picked from my post, but you chose to change the focus to Allison in Palmdale and to insult me. Should I therefore assume that you found my reasoning irrefutable?

You are rationalizing the whole change afterwards -which change happened due to out of universe reasons and was never explained in universe- with made up things so it can fit with later episodes. Thats my friend is a retcon which you are doing yourself.

Your reasoning makes no sense BTW. If she is able to mimic humans perfectly she'd do it all the time because its infinitely more likely that people get suspicious because she doesn't act like a human at all than because she doesn't want to be a few peoples girlfriend.

So yes its a retcon, no matter how you try to deny it.

Quote (termi-ninja-tor)
Blazius, are you deliberately trying to be obnoxious? I tell you now, I enjoy discussing the show but personal attacks are not appreciated.

Its hardly I'm the one who is making this personal. You deny everything I write, no matter its from the show or Friedman or even Summer says it( actual people who made the show we are arguing about BTW) just to discredit me. You even deny Summers abilities which I find quite disgusting. You can question and insult TSCC, Friedman, Firefly, anything you want but I'll not tolerate you to say anything bad about Summer!!!

So thats it, I'll not reply to further posts about this topic BTW so don't bother.

Summer Glau is so awesome, it isn't even funny!
Blood for the Blood God! Skulls for the Skull Throne!

Message edited by Blazius - Wednesday, 11 Jan 2012, 02:25

FermiDate: Wednesday, 11 Jan 2012, 01:50 | Message # 335
Quote (termi-ninja-tor)
personal attacks are not appreciated.

I agree and therefore it is against the forum rules http://summer-glau.com/forum/0-0-0-36

Quote (Blazius)

So thats it, I'll not reply to further posts about this topic BTW so don't bother.

If you still decide to continue this discussion then you need to calm down and use a better language.

You can't stop the signal!

BlaziusDate: Wednesday, 11 Jan 2012, 02:37 | Message # 336
http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/personal_attack

Quote (termi-ninja-tor)

chrisdvanne_Date: Wednesday, 11 Jan 2012, 21:53 | Message # 337
Sad day for all TSCC fans :

@nofatecon
No Fate Convention
We regret to announce the cancellation of No Fate Convention. nofatecon.com #tscc #nofatecon

You can read the message the organizer left at the site and my message bellow in the devoted thread : NOFATE convention site become online

chrisdvanne_Date: Thursday, 12 Jan 2012, 18:24 | Message # 338
Top Sci-Fi & Fantasy Goths at sfx

Curiously Cameron is not on the list...

TSCC s01e09 "What He Beheld" :
Morris: Hey, Cameron. There you are. Your brother's been looking for you.
Oh wow. Is this your car?

Cameron: No, it belongs to the guy I killed and stuffed in the trunk.

John: Hey! Where you been? Mom says we gotta get home right now. What's up
with the car?

Morris: Cameron stuffed a dead guy in the trunk.

Cameron: He was following us.

Morris: Your sister's dark, bro. You're gonna love the smiths.

John: Yeah, she's, uh, she's really goth.

Yet, Cameron is goth, it's canon.

chrisdvanne_Date: Tuesday, 17 Jan 2012, 21:08 | Message # 339
The Human Scorch is a TSCC fan known for his freedom of speech (i had the opportunity to trade arguments on his blog previously); anyway he has published his own interpretation of TSCC recently.
I was pleasently surprised to discover i agree with him on many points; here's some excerps from his blog post :

It just occurred to me that I’ve never really posted my take on the fantastic Terminator:The Sarah Connor Chronicles mythology. It took me a while to get it too, and I had to read a lot of fan fiction to form anything coherent...

...It all depends on exactly how Cameron got sent back. Sarah said that John sent her away from him, but Cameron didn’t actually confirm that.

One of the lines that caught my attention was :
If Cameron sent herself back, it’s entirely possible that she either killed John and was trying to fix it, or John got killed as a result of their unorthodox relationship. The theory that I like the best is that other resistance leaders that thought like Jesse eventually mutinied against Connor to get him out of power, but he ended up being killed…and it was all because of Cameron.

It reminds of a certain theory that was debated with passion on this very own thread smile

Feel free to read more at : My Interpretation of the TSCC StoryLine

BlaziusDate: Thursday, 19 Jan 2012, 01:11 | Message # 340
I have nothing more to say Chrisdvanne. These are logical follow-ups of things we saw in the show. He seemed to put thought in it and didn't take anything at face value just because. His conclusion is similar to ours. Obviously we don't know "exactly" what was intended to be but given the nature of the show its unlikely that the most obvious and generic thing happened which you can imagine.

chrisdvanne_Date: Sunday, 12 Feb 2012, 02:20 | Message # 341
Summer and BAG talk about TSCC season two in Japan :

Message edited by chrisdvanne - Sunday, 12 Feb 2012, 02:22

chrisdvanne_Date: Tuesday, 13 Mar 2012, 14:39 | Message # 342
The one question all TSCC lovers asked themselves for years will finally have an answer : How long does it take to cover Lena Headey's tattoos in makeup?

Since the sound of the video is not that good, i will write down the question asked by gabbynut :
"With all [the] your new tattoos, how much time does it take in the makeup chair? Because I want to see more of Sarah Connor in a tanktop doing many, many pullups in the second season."

Josh Friedman's answer, if not audible, is clear : "if you want to be an actor, don't get tatoos".

Let me reproduce a comment from a fan :

The answer was it takes 2 - 3 hours to cover them. Most actors have tattoos but the producers and directors HATE them on actors cause all the extra money it cost to cover them up. Between makeup and time of labor its a lot of money. Also the pain of shooting the actors only in certain positions becomes cumbersome. You can tell here that they (producers/directors) are still holding resentment of her getting these tattoos. lol but actors are actors. Still a great show and she is a great performer!

The video was filmed during TSCC panel at San Diego Comic Con 2008.

Message edited by chrisdvanne - Tuesday, 13 Mar 2012, 14:42

Marcel93Date: Tuesday, 13 Mar 2012, 20:37 | Message # 343
Yes, the actor is so hard to live ^ ^

http://www.fanfiction.net
http://www.fanfiktion.de

ChrisDate: Monday, 26 Mar 2012, 12:08 | Message # 344
Why was it so hard for them to just write into the scripts that John and Sarah got tattoos? I don't think it would have hurt the show, would have been cool to see Cameron get the tiger tattoo even if it didnt stick for very long (I assume Summer would only get a fake tattoo naturally)

BlaziusDate: Monday, 26 Mar 2012, 18:23 | Message # 345
Quote (Chris)
Why was it so hard for them to just write into the scripts that John and Sarah got tattoos? I don't think it would have hurt the show, would have been cool to see Cameron get the tiger tattoo even if it didnt stick for very long (I assume Summer would only get a fake tattoo naturally)

I guess it didn't fit with the merry family, mother and son drama if they resembled criminals more than normal people who just happened to become key targets for the evil robots. Of course it wouldn't have been unrealistic at all( one can even argue that the lack of tattoos is unrealistic) but I think the appearance of characters send a very strong message of the characters personality, status, aligment etc. in TV and tattoos may have ruined the intended message .

Also, why ruin Summers perfect body with a tattoo even if fake? She was the eyecandy of the show after all( among many other things of course).

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Terminator the Sarah Connor Chronicles » Theories about TSCC and Cameron's unsolved plots
Search: