[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Page 2 of 31«12343031»
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Terminator the Sarah Connor Chronicles » Theories about TSCC and Cameron's unsolved plots
Theories about TSCC and Cameron's unsolved plots
BlaziusDate: Saturday, 29 Oct 2011, 22:17 | Message # 16
Group: Friends
Quote (termi-ninja-tor)
Cameron was skinned to look like Allison Young. This was done after the war began.

If Cameron had been with John since the beginning of the war (Judgment Day), that would mean that she had jumped back in time to join him and then she would be with him throughout the war. Jesse wanted to prevent this from happening because she considered Cameron a bad influence on John in the future.

Jesse said to Derek, "She's taken over. It's sick, is what it is. Imagine if he spends the next 20 years with her. Imagine what he'll become. What she'll turn him into. Just try. I'm here to stop her. I'm here to save him." (Source: Transcript of Strange Things Happen at the One Two Point on the Red Wiki)

This does not mean that Cameron had been with John since the beginning of the war in Jesse's future. It only means Jesse did not want it to happen.

Quote (Chris)
Season 2 episode 9 Derek and jesse realise they are from different futures do far I havent found the episode where she talks about Cameron being at John's 30th birthday

Remember John was 15 years old in 1999. He celebrated his 16th birthday with Derek in the park in What He Beheld. Approximately, John must have been born in 1984, so his 30th birthday would be about 2014, long before Cameron was skinned. (Allison Young was born in 2007, not long after we saw her mother, Claire Young, pregnant with her in Allison from Palmdale. Thus, in 2014, Allison would have only been 7 years old, much younger than she appeared when Cameron was skinned to look like her.)

I think the 30th birthday only popped up in the same episode when Derek and John celebrated Johns 16th birthday. Then Derek said he celebrated his birthday with future John and John got drunk or something( its been awhile I saw the entire show BTW so I might be missing something).

BTW I read many comments earlier that Alison was future Johns girlfriend. But when Alison was captured she was supposed to be around 16 and John around 40. Isn't that a bit too large age gap between them? Even Summer with her 26 years would be questionable let alone a 16 years old girl( I don't think future John is like that). Was it ever confirmed by somebody if they were in a relationship?

Summer Glau is so awesome, it isn't even funny!
Blood for the Blood God! Skulls for the Skull Throne!

termi-ninja-torDate: Saturday, 29 Oct 2011, 23:45 | Message # 17
Quote (Blazius)
BTW I read many comments earlier that Alison was future Johns girlfriend. But when Alison was captured she was supposed to be around 16 and John around 40. Isn't that a bit too large age gap between them? Even Summer with her 26 years would be questionable let alone a 16 years old girl( I don't think future John is like that). Was it ever confirmed by somebody if they were in a relationship?

I believe that it was never confirmed that they were in a relationship.

BlaziusDate: Sunday, 30 Oct 2011, 00:54 | Message # 18
Quote (termi-ninja-tor)
I believe that it was never confirmed that they were in a relationship.

I think it came up because Cameron said to to Alison that: "You are very brave, it must be why John Connor chose you"

The question was for what John chose Alison and why is that she is the one worth copying to get closer to John.

chrisdvanneDate: Sunday, 30 Oct 2011, 01:13 | Message # 19
Group: Administrators
Quote (Blazius)
Quote (termi-ninja-tor)I believe that it was never confirmed that they were in a relationship. I think it came up because Cameron said to to Alison that: "You are very brave, it must be why John Connor chose you" The question was for what John chose Alison and why is that she is the one worth copying to get closer to John.

A lot of Jameron fans assumed they were in a relationship whereas as said termi-ninja-tor, the nature of their relation was not known and there is no hints it was of a romantic nature. More, later on the episode (just before she was killed by Cameron), Allison said "I'll never lead you to John Connor" and not "I'll never lead to to John"; because the writers insisted they did not want us to presume Allison and John were close.

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

BlaziusDate: Sunday, 30 Oct 2011, 01:25 | Message # 20
Quote (michelangelo)
A lot of Jameron fans assumed they were in a relationship whereas as said termi-ninja-tor, the nature of their relation was not known and there is no hints it was of a romantic nature. More, later on the episode (just before she was killed by Cameron), Allison said "I'll never lead you to John Connor" and not "I'll never lead to to John"; because the writers insisted they did not want us to presume Allison and John were close.

Indeed the Jameronists wanted them together of course it was pretty clear that it wasn't the writers intention but you know what Jameronists are like wink

I always assumed that there needed to be some kind of elite group however and maybe because Alison was so skilled at finding escape routes or entrances they accepted her in and that was the choosing.

This thing just always bugged me since I read those comments( it wasn't yesterday actually) so I though I will bring this up here.

I actually hoped from the audio commentary that Summer will clear this issue to us somewhat but she didn't.

Message edited by Blazius - Sunday, 30 Oct 2011, 01:35

chrisdvanneDate: Sunday, 30 Oct 2011, 01:50 | Message # 21
Quote (Blazius)
I always assumed that there needed to be some kind of elite group however and maybe because Alison was so skilled at finding escape routes or entrances they accepted her in and that was the choosing.

I'm sure we are all wrong about the real nature of the bond between Allison and John; my guess is that she was on some kind of mission for the resistance, just like Riley was on mission for Jesse.
The only way to know is to capture Josh Friedman and torture him till he reveals his plans for season 3.

termi-ninja-torDate: Sunday, 30 Oct 2011, 02:50 | Message # 22
Briefly, I once had the idea that John and Cameron might have been in a close relationship during Season 1.

The foundation for this was that John fell in love with Cameron because she is so pretty and so focused on him, and Cameron encouraged it because she wanted to have more control over John. Early in Season 1, John is shown as independent and often disobedient to his mother, and Cameron would have wanted to be able to influence him as much as possible so that it would help her keep him out of trouble.

At the beginning of Season 2, John decided to reinsert Cameron's chip, which was a risky choice by him. After she woke up, Cameron considered John's choice to be wrong, and she did not want him to do it again. Maybe if they had been close in Season 1, then she might have thought that John took the chance to put her chip back because he was in love with her. It was an irrational and too risky decision by him.

If so, then Cameron realized that having a close relationship with John was not a good thing, so she broke up with him as a way to discourage him from repeating the mistake. Breaking up with John made John angry with Cameron, and that is why he treated her so poorly for most of the remainder of Season 2. He flaunted his relationship with Riley at Cameron almost as a form of revenge against her. John and Cameron's relationship did not stabilize until the end of Season 2, after Riley was killed and John realized that he still loved Cameron very much.

While possible, there is very little evidence to support this idea, and I have given it up.

ChrisDate: Sunday, 30 Oct 2011, 14:58 | Message # 23
Quote (termi-ninja-tor)
Briefly, I once had the idea that John and Cameron might have been in a close relationship during Season 1.

They were, in a close relationship they were friends but there is nothing to suggest they had a boyfriend girlfriend relationship despite Cameron being aware of John's feelings towards her I'm not sure I would say she encouraged it more so that she wasn't discouraging him. John was 15 and upset that his Mother made the decision to run away after Charly proposed to her, more then Cameron influencing his behaviour.

I don't think John ever stopped being independant neither Cameron or Sarah wanted him dating Riley and John was rebelling as much against Sarah as Cameron but Cameron was getting the blame for everything after the Car Bomb as for John only realising that he loved Cameron at the end of Season 2 watch episode 17 where she gives him the detonator to kill her "Why would i want to kill you" not just the words the way he looks at her even the small shake of his head during the conversation John didn't stop loving Cameron or forget that he was in love with her during season 2 he was hurt by her after being told he couldn't be trusted after all how is that saying thanks for saving my life not that I think Cameron realised she needed to thank John for doing that all she saw was him risking his life for her but different things Cameron does by placing her life in his hands shows that she trusts him again and inadvertantly expressed to John that she places his life over hers not just in words but in actions.

So when are we getting the mob together so we can get all the answers from Josh Friedman

Quote (termi-ninja-tor)
If Cameron had been with John since the beginning of the war (Judgment Day), that would mean that she had jumped back in time to join him and then she would be with him throughout the war. Jesse wanted to prevent this from happening because she considered Cameron a bad influence on John in the future. Jesse said to Derek, "She's taken over. It's sick, is what it is. Imagine if he spends the next 20 years with her. Imagine what he'll become. What she'll turn him into. Just try. I'm here to stop her. I'm here to save him." (Source: Transcript of Strange Things Happen at the One Two Point on the Red Wiki) This does not mean that Cameron had been with John since the beginning of the war in Jesse's future. It only means Jesse did not want it to happen.

Jesse comes from a different time line to Derek, she wont confirm the Judgment Day date to him, not sure where I got the impression from about her saying Cameron was at his 30th birthday since no one else seems to recall it but its possible when Cameron was sent back from the same timeline as Derek things changed and she could have been with John during the entire war hence Jesse was trying to convince Derek that what she was doing had to be done by telling him to imagine what he would be like so yeah it neither confirms or denies it I am still at a loss as to where I got the idea from that she said he was at his 30th party to Derek I must have been reading too much Fan Fiction.

John Connor could have been sleeping with Allison Young if he wanted to, but from hints dropped throughout the series John Connor doesnt really have much to do with anyone so it is highly unlikely that he was romantically involved with Allison he may have had a foster parent type relationship with her or as suggested selected her for a special mission which would be the most likely scenario also according to the the dates Allison Young would have been 18 to 19 years old allowing her to pass as a 15 to 16 year old easy enough not that her exact age matters hugely she was an unlucky girl that was believed to be able to get close to John Connor regardless of what her relationship was all we get told is she was chosen

termi-ninja-torDate: Sunday, 30 Oct 2011, 16:06 | Message # 24
Quote (Chris)
when Cameron was sent back from the same timeline as Derek

I always thought Cameron and Jesse were from the same future. After all, Jesse jumped back in pursuit of Cameron.

I agree Jesse and Derek are from different futures, since Derek did not remember Fischer the torturer/interrogator at all, and Jesse did not remember Derek's good buddy Billy Wisher.

Also, Cameron implied that Derek gave up a secret base location under interrogation (presumably while he was being worked on by Fischer) but Derek looked surprised to learn that as if it did not happen to him (but to a different Derek).

So if Cameron is from Jesse's future, it is a different future than Derek's future.

reiverDate: Sunday, 30 Oct 2011, 16:32 | Message # 25
Quote (termi-ninja-tor)
Also, Cameron implied that Derek gave up a secret base location under interrogation (presumably while he was being worked on by Fischer) but Derek looked surprised to learn that as if it did not happen to him (but to a different Derek).

i think Derek gave up a secret base location under interrogation from the house who was with the Billy Wisher on s1e6 dungeons and dragons!!!!also in this house we heard a music...guess who interrogate derek?? i think cameron smile

i'm blind not deaf - IllidaN

Message edited by reiver - Sunday, 30 Oct 2011, 16:34

termi-ninja-torDate: Sunday, 30 Oct 2011, 18:50 | Message # 26
Quote (reiver)
i think Derek gave up a secret base location under interrogation from the house who was with the Billy Wisher on s1e6 dungeons and dragons!!!!also in this house we heard a music...guess who interrogate derek?? i think cameron

The showmakers deliberately concealed from us what happened to Derek in the basement. It even appears that they intended to leave it undefined -- in other words, they have no answer to what happened to Derek in the basement. We are free to imagine whatever we want.

If Derek is interrogated in the basement by Cameron, was she working for Skynet or the Third Faction or someone else at that time?

If she was working for Skynet, that would explain how Skynet was able to locate and attack Derek's base. But why would they leave an axe for Derek and the others to free themselves? After all, Skynet wants to kill every Resistance fighter. Why let Derek live?

If she was working for the Third Faction, why would she need to capture, imprison, and interrogate Derek and the others? She must already have interrogated Allison while getting skinned, as we saw in Allison from Palmdale.

If she was working for someone else, who could it have been? One possibility that I have read in discussions was that maybe she was working for John Connor, who was just testing Derek's loyalty somehow. Personally, I do not find that very believable.

My guess is that Derek and the others were blood sources for skinning Cameron. We know skinning requires a lot of blood. Cameron was already part of the Third Faction, and while being skinned, she was listening to the music to study the works that Allison said her mother liked listening to, as part of Cameron's preparation to emulate Allison prior to infiltrating John Connor's HQ. Because they were held by the Third Faction and had been "helpful" to the Third Faction's needs, Derek and the others were allowed to live, given the axe.

The attack on Derek's base was coincidental and had nothing to do with Derek giving up its location. That's why Derek looked surprised when Cameron implied that he had given up a base under interrogation.

But as I said initially, we do not have enough information to know the answer definitively.

BlaziusDate: Monday, 31 Oct 2011, 00:39 | Message # 27
Quote (termi-ninja-tor)
My guess is that Derek and the others were blood sources for skinning Cameron. We know skinning requires a lot of blood. Cameron was already part of the Third Faction, and while being skinned, she was listening to the music to study the works that Allison said her mother liked listening to, as part of Cameron's preparation to emulate Allison prior to infiltrating John Connor's HQ. Because they were held by the Third Faction and had been "helpful" to the Third Faction's needs, Derek and the others were allowed to live, given the axe.

The attack on Derek's base was coincidental and had nothing to do with Derek giving up its location. That's why Derek looked surprised when Cameron implied that he had given up a base under interrogation.

But as I said initially, we do not have enough information to know the answer definitively.

Interesting theory and my be a very likely scenario. The reason why I used to link that part to Cameron is obviously because of the music and Camerons fondness of ballet and Alisons familiarity to classical music. I think this plot thread would have been perfectly explained had the show continued and there would be a huge revelation too. Pity we'll never know. BTW how sure is that Cameron belonged to the Third faction by then? Its possible that she lied isn't it?

Quote (termi-ninja-tor)

The foundation for this was that John fell in love with Cameron because she is so pretty and so focused on him, and Cameron encouraged it because she wanted to have more control over John. Early in Season 1, John is shown as independent and often disobedient to his mother, and Cameron would have wanted to be able to influence him as much as possible so that it would help her keep him out of trouble.

At the beginning of Season 2, John decided to reinsert Cameron's chip, which was a risky choice by him. After she woke up, Cameron considered John's choice to be wrong, and she did not want him to do it again. Maybe if they had been close in Season 1, then she might have thought that John took the chance to put her chip back because he was in love with her. It was an irrational and too risky decision by him.

If so, then Cameron realized that having a close relationship with John was not a good thing, so she broke up with him as a way to discourage him from repeating the mistake. Breaking up with John made John angry with Cameron, and that is why he treated her so poorly for most of the remainder of Season 2. He flaunted his relationship with Riley at Cameron almost as a form of revenge against her. John and Cameron's relationship did not stabilize until the end of Season 2, after Riley was killed and John realized that he still loved Cameron very much.

While possible, there is very little evidence to support this idea, and I have given it up.

If we got some kind of clue that they were together that way but there wasn't any kind of evidence. I think Born to Run even denies it a bit.

The problem is that they never gave a true explanation why was John and Sarah so hysterical and irrationally furious to Cameron especially during this whole matter with Riley.

It just never made sense to me and the only real explanation I heard so far was that it was an error on the side of the writers maybe caused by time constrains due to the writers strike. The detonator thing actually hurt to watch because Cameron seemed so naive and she trusted John so much, wanted to protect him even sacrificing her own life but he was as rude to her as imaginable and valued that annoying treacherous blonde over her. It just never added up and I couldn't show any sympathy towards Johns character afterwards .

Quote (Chris)
I don't think John ever stopped being independant neither Cameron or Sarah wanted him dating Riley and John was rebelling as much against Sarah as Cameron but Cameron was getting the blame for everything after the Car Bomb as for John only realising that he loved Cameron at the end of Season 2 watch episode 17 where she gives him the detonator to kill her "Why would i want to kill you" not just the words the way he looks at her even the small shake of his head during the conversation John didn't stop loving Cameron or forget that he was in love with her during season 2 he was hurt by her after being told he couldn't be trusted after all how is that saying thanks for saving my life not that I think Cameron realised she needed to thank John for doing that all she saw was him risking his life for her but different things Cameron does by placing her life in his hands shows that she trusts him again and inadvertantly expressed to John that she places his life over hers not just in words but in actions.

Well this trusting and not trusting dilemma showed up enough times I agree so it may be an explanation why John behaved as he did. Through even this sounds a bit odd. John hating Cameron because she doesn't trust him? Maybe it was the writers intention but even if it was it wasn't explained too well I think. And even then it sounds a bit weak excuse for trying to blow up the relationships of the team.

Quote (Chris)
John Connor could have been sleeping with Allison Young if he wanted to, but from hints dropped throughout the series John Connor doesnt really have much to do with anyone so it is highly unlikely that he was romantically involved with Allison he may have had a foster parent type relationship with her or as suggested selected her for a special mission which would be the most likely scenario also according to the the dates Allison Young would have been 18 to 19 years old allowing her to pass as a 15 to 16 year old easy enough not that her exact age matters hugely she was an unlucky girl that was believed to be able to get close to John Connor regardless of what her relationship was all we get told is she was chosen

BTW there is one thing that I noticed recently and came up with a theory/question about it.

Jesse said and Cameron implied it too that John spent much of his time with Cameron and later he never even spoke to anyone else. Moreover we saw that Cameron acts as a messenger to John giving orders on his behalf and bringing him back messages too and this seemed to be the only form of communication between him and his men( and they were actually a bit upset because of it). I'm curious why is this. He and Cameron being in a relationship wouldn't explain this at all.

He acts like if he had some kind of illness at that time. Maybe his body was crippled and he wanted to avoid other humans seeing him in his state to keep up the morale. So he was with the being who he trusted the most and who'd keep the secret no matter what, Cameron. Maybe he wasn't even alive by then and Cameron lead the resistance following Johns instructions. But she still had to keep up the illusion that John is alive otherwise the resistance would crumble( okay its not very likely because then why was Cameron sent back? Maybe the humans discovered the trick eventually?).

chrisdvanneDate: Monday, 31 Oct 2011, 01:19 | Message # 28
Quote (Blazius)
Maybe he wasn't even alive by then and Cameron lead the resistance following Johns instructions. But she still had to keep up the illusion that John is alive otherwise the resistance would crumble( okay its not very likely because then why was Cameron sent back? Maybe the humans discovered the trick eventually?).

Because Cameron killed John in the future.

Sometimes they go bad, no one knows why.

Quote (Born To Run)
John : So down deep, you want to kill me.
Cameron : Yes, i do.
John : Then why don't you.
Cameron : I might some day.

Message edited by michelangelo - Monday, 31 Oct 2011, 01:21

termi-ninja-torDate: Monday, 31 Oct 2011, 02:01 | Message # 29
Quote (Blazius)
Jesse said and Cameron implied it too that John spent much of his time with Cameron and later he never even spoke to anyone else. Moreover we saw that Cameron acts as a messenger to John giving orders on his behalf and bringing him back messages too and this seemed to be the only form of communication between him and his men( and they were actually a bit upset because of it). I'm curious why is this. He and Cameron being in a relationship wouldn't explain this at all.

Well, one possibility was that he was distressed by the idea of sending his men to their deaths in battle. During the series, we were shown that John shared Sarah's high regard for human life. He was so upset at having to kill Sarkissian, even though it was obviously completely justified. Perhaps he was attempting to insulate himself from the pain of having to make the hard decisions, knowing that he had to send men into battle and also knowing that many of them would die. Better not to make friends with them.

Another possibility is that he was afraid of being killed by an LMT. Since an LMT could assume any shape it chose, it could be a person or a piece of furniture or part of a wall, etc. If John had reason to believe that Skynet had created one or more LMTs and that they might be assigned to kill him, he might choose to stay close to Cameron for protection and to limit his exposure to other people or unfamiliar locations.

Quote (Blazius)
Maybe he wasn't even alive by then and Cameron lead the resistance following Johns instructions. But she still had to keep up the illusion that John is alive otherwise the resistance would crumble( okay its not very likely because then why was Cameron sent back? Maybe the humans discovered the trick eventually?).

While this is certainly possible, we do not have strong supporting evidence for it. Notably, before Derek was sent back, Cameron brought him to meet with John in the time machine room, as we saw in Derek's flashback. So at least we know that John was still alive at that time.

Message edited by termi-ninja-tor - Monday, 31 Oct 2011, 03:25

reiverDate: Monday, 31 Oct 2011, 02:35 | Message # 30
Quote (michelangelo)
Because Cameron killed John in the future.

so if killed him in the future, why she came back to the past to protect him??its not making sense....!!!

i'm blind not deaf - IllidaN

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Terminator the Sarah Connor Chronicles » Theories about TSCC and Cameron's unsolved plots
Page 2 of 31«12343031»
Search: