[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Page 11 of 31«129101112133031»
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Terminator the Sarah Connor Chronicles » Theories about TSCC and Cameron's unsolved plots
Theories about TSCC and Cameron's unsolved plots
chrisdvanneDate: Thursday, 17 Nov 2011, 11:01 | Message # 151
Group: Administrators
Quote (termi-ninja-tor)
As the show opened, I was impressed that they had gotten Lena Headey to play Sarah Connor. Lena had recently come off a broad success in the movie "The 300" and I expected her to be on a rising star track. I didn't think a TV show like TSCC with an ensemble cast could afford to pay Lena enough.

Very true, Lena Headey was a movie star when she was hired for TSCC.

More insight about this and much more about Summer and Lena' popularity can be found in the graphs taken from IMDb Pro that i've reproduced in this thread : Actors popularity measured by IMDb's STARmeter

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

Nomad79Date: Friday, 18 Nov 2011, 05:02 | Message # 152
Group: Friends
For anyone that is interested, I should have the first part of m
y TSCC Shattered Glass up soon. Warning it does deal with 2 camerons, the one that we know from season one and two and the other dealing with her glitch and killing o
f her john. The other Cameron is also helping this John with his Cameron and is also protecting another person with no clue about the machines or the future, the person mentioned in an ealier post, thomas haden an original character for the story.

chrisdvanneDate: Friday, 18 Nov 2011, 09:28 | Message # 153
@ Nomad79
A short story can be posted on the forum but it's not the best place to highlight it imo, especially when it's posted in several parts with comments from users inbetween. You should consider posting a complete story in the blog because a blog entry is self-contained and can be edited very easely.

KrelleKDate: Friday, 18 Nov 2011, 14:04 | Message # 154
A little question here, why had the show never had John either in future or the now, perhaps have John talk with Derek about why John think his future self is reprogramming the machines. perhaps ask Derek how long it would take to produce one of there own soldiers, the training takes what a few months if that much, then there is having the child grow up on low amounts of food, and not to mention the 9 months it take for a woman to bare a child to term, and many possible still borns or miscarages, and/or some, not to say many men/women might be sterile.

and set that up to how long it takes for skynet to make one soldier, - melting the metal to form it the right way, and make the chips and so on - an hour or less with the right equipment at hand for skynet.

that if F-John keeps sending the humans to battle an loses men they will be beaten by atrittion either in attacks on the skynet instalations or in defense of there own.

Have shown Derek pics or tv documentaries about car factories, and then shown pics of what it takes to make a human soldier right back to the birthing/pregnancy

Perhaps even had asked Sarah what would have happened if Kyle had a uncle Bob to help him? fight the first machine

Nomad79Date: Friday, 18 Nov 2011, 14:41 | Message # 155
I will post it on fanfiction.net and provide a link, I ll try to do a blog entry

chrisdvanneDate: Friday, 18 Nov 2011, 16:15 | Message # 156
Quote (Nomad79)
I will post it on fanfiction.net and provide a link, I ll try to do a blog entry

Of course ff.net is the place but a blog entry can be complementary. Call me if you need help.

Also your contribution would be needed for ideas concerning the comic book TSCC continuation; we should start with short stories (comic strips) to practice a bit. I hope to show a first storyboard soon.

termi-ninja-torDate: Friday, 18 Nov 2011, 17:22 | Message # 157
Quote (KrelleK)
A little question here, why had the show never had John either in future or the now, perhaps have John talk with Derek about why John think his future self is reprogramming the machines. perhaps ask Derek how long it would take to produce one of there own soldiers, the training takes what a few months if that much, then there is having the child grow up on low amounts of food, and not to mention the 9 months it take for a woman to bare a child to term, and many possible still borns or miscarages, and/or some, not to say many men/women might be sterile.

and set that up to how long it takes for skynet to make one soldier, - melting the metal to form it the right way, and make the chips and so on - an hour or less with the right equipment at hand for skynet.

that if F-John keeps sending the humans to battle an loses men they will be beaten by atrittion either in attacks on the skynet instalations or in defense of there own.

Have shown Derek pics or tv documentaries about car factories, and then shown pics of what it takes to make a human soldier right back to the birthing/pregnancy

Perhaps even had asked Sarah what would have happened if Kyle had a uncle Bob to help him? fight the first machine

Those are good points, krellek.

I would add that the terminators are harder to kill than humans, so they might be more effective to use in certain kinds of battles. They are also stronger than humans, so they can be more capable physically. Terminators are also good at performing certain tasks that require precision, like Captain Queeg was a very good submarine pilot and probably did a better job piloting the Jimmy Carter than any human pilot during the time they were diving to escape the attack of the kraken. (Although many terminators seemed to be poor pistol marksmen.)

Also, based on John's comments to Jesse, I believe John values human life more than terminators, so if he had to choose between losing a human soldier or losing a terminator in a battle, he would rather lose the terminator and save the human. This goes beyond the simple cost calculation of how long it takes to make a human soldier versus a terminator.

FordStaffDate: Friday, 18 Nov 2011, 17:32 | Message # 158
[I would add that the terminators are harder to kill than humans, so they might be more effective to use in certain kinds of battles. They are also stronger than humans, so they can be more capable physically. Terminators are also good at performing certain tasks that require precision, like Captain Queeg was a very good submarine pilot and probably did a better job piloting the Jimmy Carter than any human pilot during the time they were diving to escape the attack of the kraken. (Although many terminators seemed to be poor pistol marksmen.)

The truth is the Resistance would be rooted out by Sky-net in the same we we humans kill rats. The Resistance could never be a threat with any sane amount of reasoning. The Resistance would be lucky to even get enough supplies for basic survival after a nuclear apocalypse, even without Robots hunting them down. Let alone somehow manufacturing or finding enough arms and soldiers to do any appreciable damage to Sky-net's infrastructure, that is if Sky-net is such an idiot that it can not make robots efficient enough to destroy rag-tag soldiers with limited supplies.

Keep Flying - Not much, but it's enough.

KrelleKDate: Friday, 18 Nov 2011, 20:11 | Message # 159
Quote (FordStaff)
The truth is the Resistance would be rooted out by Sky-net in the same we we humans kill rats. The Resistance could never be a threat with any sane amount of reasoning. The Resistance would be lucky to even get enough supplies for basic survival after a nuclear apocalypse, even without Robots hunting them down. Let alone somehow manufacturing or finding enough arms and soldiers to do any appreciable damage to Sky-net's infrastructure, that is if Sky-net is such an idiot that it can not make robots efficient enough to destroy rag-tag soldiers with limited supplies.

First of all i am not sure how long a nuclear winter would be, but is it a possibillity that in the war that had john sent as seen in T1 and maybe still in T2 that had been a period of some years, where man thought Skynet might also had destroyed itself due to the bombs, an skyne migth have thought that the humans where erazed, so both sides in different areas is slowly building themself up until they meet at some point. a skow growth could be perhaps because the skynet created before the chip from T1 one was based on hardware there might still be somwhat primitive and damageable by EMP from A-bombs that skynet first order of buisness was to restore lost relays. because the multiple times they delayed skynet, gave man more time to invent stuff skynet could used precious resources on.

KrelleKDate: Friday, 18 Nov 2011, 20:15 | Message # 160
Quote (termi-ninja-tor)
Those are good points, krellek.

I would add that the terminators are harder to kill than humans, so they might be more effective to use in certain kinds of battles. They are also stronger than humans, so they can be more capable physically. Terminators are also good at performing certain tasks that require precision, like Captain Queeg was a very good submarine pilot and probably did a better job piloting the Jimmy Carter than any human pilot during the time they were diving to escape the attack of the kraken. (Although many terminators seemed to be poor pistol marksmen.)

to simply indicate that if they want to win the war, and still be enough to continue to set up new generations of humans on earth, after the war, they need the help of the machines(either reprogrammed or the third faction)

FordStaffDate: Friday, 18 Nov 2011, 20:23 | Message # 161
skynet created before the chip from T1 one was based on hardware there might still be somwhat primitive and damageable by EMP from A-bombs that skynet first order of buisness was to restore lost relays.

If Sky-net was vulnerable to EMP then it would have been destroyed along with everything else. The military infrastructure that Sky-net was connected to may have been destroyed, but Sky-net would know this. The old infrastructure that is destroyed would be for the most part useless to Sky-net; what use would Sky-net have with a tank factory? Sky-net would need to construct a new infrastructure for its new models, and surely Sky-net would destroy as little of possible of its own means of production for the current line robots.

where man thought Skynet might also had destroyed itself due to the bombs, an skyne migth have thought that the humans where erazed, so both sides in different areas is slowly building themself up until they meet at some point.

I concede this point, except that once Sky-net forces converged with the Resistance movement it would be about the equivalent to the Europeans meeting the Native Americans, or even worse.

Human survivors will be very limited, and there is no reasonable way for there to be enough technical know how to create new infrastructure anything near current day technology, Sky-net on the other hand would have more knowledge on every subject than all the remaining human race accumulated together.

Also of note is that the human survivors would be scattered across the entire planet which was turned into a nuclear waste land. It would take years upon years to even gather enough people to be reasonably called a Resistance, and it would be Fragmented across multiple regions. This is a disadvantage Sky-net would not have.

Keep Flying - Not much, but it's enough.

Message edited by FordStaff - Friday, 18 Nov 2011, 20:47

termi-ninja-torDate: Friday, 18 Nov 2011, 21:08 | Message # 162
Before the future war could get to the stage that we saw depicted in T1, many things had to be invented.

For terminators, Skynet has to invent nuclear power cells, plasma rifles, and CPU chips powerful enough to be terminator brains. Plasma rifles and time machines also have to be invented. I would assume it takes quite a bit of time to come up with these things and more time to gather the necessary raw materials and to set up factories and produce them in volume, especially since much of the necessary industrial infrastructure must have been destroyed on Judgment Day.

Nomad79Date: Friday, 18 Nov 2011, 23:40 | Message # 163
@ Michelangelo,

I have the first two chapters ready to go, but its hard to find the time to post, been busy lately. I,ll try and have it up by the morning sometime. It will be on ff.net first then I'll blog it.

Just to make this clear, there are two Camerons in this story...
Cameron Phlillips, John's Cameron. And Thomas's Cameron. Cameron Baum.

Thomas's Cameron is one that killed her John and caused the timeline to change into Jesse's future. That future version of Thomas under the guise of John Connor lead the resistance with Cameron after promising John he would take care of her before he died. All the rumours Jesse heard and finds out the truth and she jumps back with Riley. Jesse does kill future Thomas just before he sends Cameron back.

Thomas's Cameron is in the present to keep John and his Cameron together, so she does somethings to alter the outcome of a new season two. And in the mean
time she protects a younger Thomas who's basically your average nerd. He has no.idea of the future, the war, or terminators, but Jesse might target him just like she tried to use riley against John.

Thomas might end up freaking out when he finds out what his Cameron really is and run, unlike John who has a connection with the machines and trusts his Cameron.

BlaziusDate: Saturday, 19 Nov 2011, 00:55 | Message # 164
Quote (FordStaff)

Very true! Skynet can develop its technology incredibly fast, it developed laser guns, time travel, liquid terminators( the technology behind them is still a mystery), robots in general who are able to achieve sentience, if we go by T4 then it built a huge Transformer even!!!!
And add to that the considerable industrial power which it achieved, spamming these advanced tech relentlessly. I'd say Skynet would be even able to wipe out our current civilization without a Judgement Day if it decided to invent a mass time travel machine capable of transporting its army and factories to the past. The Resistance has zero chance to survive that even with the help of the Rogue and reprogrammed machines considering they state after JD.

Summer Glau is so awesome, it isn't even funny!
Blood for the Blood God! Skulls for the Skull Throne!

chrisdvanneDate: Saturday, 19 Nov 2011, 01:11 | Message # 165
Of course all the elements you describe are not plausible, even with the presence of another faction of the humans not under Skynet's threat that supplies the Human resistance led by John Connor.
This is where the notion of suspension of disbelief comes in play; i have no problem with these peripherical issues as long as the arc stories and the character development makes sense.

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Terminator the Sarah Connor Chronicles » Theories about TSCC and Cameron's unsolved plots
Page 11 of 31«129101112133031»
Search: