menu
person
Check out the latest additions to our ever expanding GALLERY hosting over 65,000 photos!
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 2 of 2
  • «
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Terminator the Sarah Connor Chronicles » Audio commentaries with Summer from TSCC DVDs
Audio commentaries with Summer from TSCC DVDs
FordStaffDate: Saturday, 12 Nov 2011, 03:22 | Message # 16
Group: Friends
its hard to read much into that picture as there is no context

I would have to agree. You can rationalize all you want, but if all you have is a picture your not gonna go far.

Keep Flying - Not much, but it's enough.

chrisdvanneDate: Tuesday, 03 Jan 2012, 17:03 | Message # 17
Group: Administrators
I saw that video before but i thought it would be interesting to post it since it contains specific informations related to Summer's work on stunts and prosthetics.

Terminator ConnorChronicles Effects

01:48
Joel Kramer, stunts coordinator : "Summer on the other hand was a dancer, ...so i'm working on all the steps with her and she gets it!"
and then Summer herself talks about her approach on stunts.

03:14
Rob Hall, special makeup effects creator : "The most difficult thing hands down for me to do prostheticswise is Summer Glau because she has such a very cherubic sort of nice pretty face that's it's very difficult anyway to make her look bad. Her skin is like porcelain, that's really flawless..."

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

BlaziusDate: Tuesday, 03 Jan 2012, 18:35 | Message # 18
Quote (chrisdvanne)
Her skin is like porcelain, that's really flawless..."

OMG, Rob is such a poetic person biggrin

But I believe he is right, Summer seems to have the most beautiful skin, I've ever seen.

Quote (chrisdvanne)
The most difficult thing hands down for me to do prostheticswise is Summer Glau because she has such a very cherubic sort of nice pretty face that's it's very difficult anyway to make her look bad.

Apparently Rob failed despite his best efforts:

smile

Summer Glau is so awesome, it isn't even funny!
Blood for the Blood God! Skulls for the Skull Throne!

REGDate: Saturday, 02 Jun 2012, 09:28 | Message # 19
Quote (Joe73)
Well my perception after hering all the commentaries from TSCC is that, Summer is just her usual shy, and Thomas just likes to talk alot.
Summer sometimes have to search for the right words, which probably makes her a bit nervous, when put on the spot.
Thomas is just a motor mouth, who likes to comment on every thing. He proberly gets nervers if he is not talking.

i noticed the same thing. i get like that too when i'm put on the spot.

Quote (Blazius)
Interesting commentary although I was a bit disappointed that Thomas Dekker outtalks everybody else and Summer spoke so little despite it was her big episode.

yea he does that. bit of a blabber mouth lol.

i watched it on blu ray biggrin
and yes Summer didn't say much on there. she doesn't say much on any of the commentaries. mostly because of Thomas. though he isn't on every commentary. the others also talk quite a bit and Summer doesn't. i think maybe she is a bit how can i put this, feels like she can't get a word in because the others talk too much. on some commentaries i noticed that when she does say something it is overshadowed by others. i also think it's partly because of her shyness. i know how that can be. you want to say something but you get sort of nervous and then the moment passes where you could have said something but didn't because you're too nervous and anxious.

No power in the 'verse can stop me.

Message edited by REG - Saturday, 02 Jun 2012, 09:31

riversfeetDate: Saturday, 02 Jun 2012, 17:10 | Message # 20
If I recall, Summer doesn't say much on the Serenity cast commentary either except when she gets prompted by Joss or one of the other cast mates.

Speaking of which.... is there a place online where I can watch the Serenity cast commentary? The blu-ray apparently had a video of them commenting on the film, but the DVD collector's edition didn't have that feature, that I know of.

"My favorite thing about River is that she gets to be barefoot so much of the time. I don't like shoes very much." - Summer Glau

The1RussterDate: Saturday, 02 Jun 2012, 18:09 | Message # 21
Group: Writer
I tried listening to the commentaries from the season 1 discs of TSCC. Overall I was very disappointed as I didn't feel they were revealing anything of importance for the most part. You did get that occasional nugget of gold, but for the most part it was gravel. There were episodes in which you really wanted to hear one persons opinion about a scene or the story, and either that person wasn't present or was drowned out by everyone else sticking their oar in before they could speak, or one person dominating the entire discussion (guess who).

Frankly I found the commentaries useless. They would have been far better just sitting down one or two people at a time, maybe with a facilitator to prompt them with questions. Then when everyone has recorded their thoughts, memories or opinions about the scene, they edit those comments so you get a full commentary for the entire episode with all the principle participants being heard. You could even have menu on the DVD to select whose comments you want to hear while you watch.

I haven't listened to the commentaries for Season 2, and neither do I want to. If something important needs to be said about a program or a movie, then it should have a companion book. Because commentaries in a voice-over with the program running in the background is a distraction for both and neither are enjoyable together.

Well, that's just my opinion.

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles REUNION

RNBMDate: Sunday, 03 Jun 2012, 15:12 | Message # 22
I've watched the audio commentarys on youtube. The only audio commentaries that you get some insight is when Josh Friedman is present. His commentary on the John Cameron interaction in Born to Run was very insightful as he tells us where TSCC would have gone in the story line.

REGDate: Wednesday, 06 Jun 2012, 13:20 | Message # 23
Quote (riversfeet)
Speaking of which.... is there a place online where I can watch the Serenity cast commentary? The blu-ray apparently had a video of them commenting on the film, but the DVD collector's edition didn't have that feature, that I know of.

yea the blu ray has a visual commentary on there. it is the same as the audio commentary but there is a picture in picture of them sitting on a couch at Joss Whedon's house i think.
the visual commentary isn't on the DVD as DVDs can't do picture in picture.

Quote (The1Russter)
Overall I was very disappointed as I didn't feel they were revealing anything of importance for the most part. You did get that occasional nugget of gold, but for the most part it was gravel.

i felt similar. there wasn't much interesting on the commentaries. but i still found them enjoyable. though Thomas is an attention whore lol. he needs to learn to give others the "mic". not just keep on blabbering on in a useless manner.

Quote (The1Russter)
If something important needs to be said about a program or a movie, then it should have a companion book. Because commentaries in a voice-over with the program running in the background is a distraction for both and neither are enjoyable together.

i think commentaries are good. provided the audio is done right. nothing worse than having them comment and not being able to hear because the sound or the music of the show is too loud and drowns out the voices. i have seen a few commentaries like this where they didn't lower the "background" sound (being the show audio), and then you need to turn on subtitles for the commentary if there are any. which is not always the case.

riversfeetDate: Wednesday, 06 Jun 2012, 15:57 | Message # 24
Quote (RNBM)
yea the blu ray has a visual commentary on there. it is the same as the audio commentary but there is a picture in picture of them sitting on a couch at Joss Whedon's house i think.
the visual commentary isn't on the DVD as DVDs can't do picture in picture.

Someone willing to upload it online? Maybe Youtube?

The Goonies DVD had a "picture in picture" commentary.

"My favorite thing about River is that she gets to be barefoot so much of the time. I don't like shoes very much." - Summer Glau

REGDate: Thursday, 07 Jun 2012, 13:02 | Message # 25
it could be done but the picture in picture would be so small on youtube. and it would take quite a while to encode it. i could give it a go. but i don't want to get into trouble for copyright infringement.

chrisdvanneDate: Monday, 08 Sep 2014, 18:10 | Message # 26
Group: Administrators
The Turk commentary:

Production Stills & BTS Pictures - Season 1

Thomas: Oh the purple jacket.
Josh: The purple jacket is seen alot.
Thomas: I put that on once and it was really embarrassing. I did it to make Summer laugh!

Thomas just does anything to get a laugh out of Summer!

On Set season 2 - Photos by David Strick

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Terminator the Sarah Connor Chronicles » Audio commentaries with Summer from TSCC DVDs
  • Page 2 of 2
  • «
Search: