menu
person
Welcome to summer-glau.com, your fan source for all things Summer on the web. Browse around the site and visit our growing GALLERY housing over 65,000 photos. Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter and Facebook and be sure to visit the site again!
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Terminator the Sarah Connor Chronicles » Terminator rightly so deleted scenes
Terminator rightly so deleted scenes
chrisdvanne_Date: Saturday, 24 Sep 2011, 16:41 | Message # 1
Group: Administrators
We know since TSCC season 2 episode 4 'Allison from Palmdale' that Cameron was modeled after Allison Young to allow a terminator to infiltrate John's Connor camp. but what about the reason the T-800 was modeled after Arnold Schwarzenegger.

Terminator 3:
This deleted scene is intentionally silly, as we meet the original human model for the famous Terminators... but jeez, Arnold Schwarzenegger's Southern accent is really insane.

You'll notice they changed the terminator voice to that guy exclaiming "We can fix it", at 1:20 of the video, which is imitating Arnold's real voice.

Terminator 2:
There's a reason Terminators don't smile, at least old models like the T-800. Cameron is an infiltrator, a much more advanced (and more prettier) model.

Examples taken from io9.com article Most Embarrassing Deleted Scenes from Science Fiction and Fantasy Movies.

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

The1RussterDate: Saturday, 24 Sep 2011, 21:11 | Message # 2
Group: Writer
I've got a good guess why that scene from T3 was terminated, it was too much like those in-film promotional/news-reel style videos in the Starship Trooper films. It's funny to watch, but its more fitting on a blooper real than part of a Terminator movie.

That clip from T2 was probably deleted because it slowed down the plot and they've pretty much been showing John helping Uncle Bob be more human for a while and later on. However, this scene does lend greater reason for Uncle Bob smiling when he picks up the mini-gun. i mean, what else could make a T-800 smile than a magnificent piece of hardware like a mini-gun.

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles REUNION

Message edited by The1Russter - Saturday, 24 Sep 2011, 21:13

termi-ninja-torDate: Saturday, 24 Sep 2011, 21:35 | Message # 3
Group: Friends
I have sometimes wondered why the Arnie was shown as having a German (Austrian?) accent, since it was able to mimic any speech patterns it wanted to.

One explanation I gave myself was that it was supposed to emulate a human who had such an accent, perhaps to be a more convincing infiltrator when it attempts to penetrate that human's base.

Obviously, the deleted scene where Sgt Candy spoke with a Southern accent would explode my little rationale. I am glad it was left out of the canon.

I thought Arnold Schwarzenegger's implementation of a Southern accent as Sgt Candy in the deleted scene was corny. It had no credibility with me at all. And the dialog was stupidly gratuitous, deserving to be left out. Perhaps a better written scene with Sgt Candy would have been worth including, but there appears to have been no such scene. (Did it take two months for Arnold to get the accent just right? lol)

chrisdvanne_Date: Sunday, 25 Sep 2011, 01:14 | Message # 4
I see we all agree it's a good thing not to have the T3 scene in the movie.

Comparing this scene to promo videos in the Starship Trooper films is giving it too much credit though because Paul Verhoeven always includes a criticism of the society in those little funny pieces whereas the T3 clip must be taken at face value.
One has to remember the pattern of the Terminator franchise : The original Terminator movie (1984) was not by design a blockbuster ( i remember it won the first prize of a French Horror Movie festival at the time). When Hollywood saw the potential of the franchise, the first sequel, Terminator 2 (1991), was indeed a blockbuster marketed to please the masses; for example any allusion to the fact that terminator having bullets impacts on their flesh smelt like "dead cat" was removed from T2. Then T3 was made only to milk the cow and started to derail as seen in this clip. The Rambo or Rocky franchise have followed the same pattern.

Terminator (1984)

Click on image for bigger size

@ termi-ninja-tor : the terminator speaking with a strong austrian accent is inherent to Arnold's and you cannot ask the mega star of a movie to be have a voice double for the entire film. I think T2 writers wanted to justify the terminator's accent at some point and created this scene but i think they realised it didn't work and came back to a similar stance as yours.

Shirley Manson's accent has been handled in a much more satisfactory manner in TSCC imo

termi-ninja-torDate: Sunday, 25 Sep 2011, 02:13 | Message # 5
Quote (michelangelo)
for example any allusion to the fact that terminator having bullets impacts on their flesh smelt like "dead cat" was removed from T2.

Good point.

In T1, I had thought that the systems to keep Arnie's flesh covering alive were somehow damaged (either by the punk stabbing him or by Kyle shooting him or in the car crash) and his flesh covering then died and started to decay. I saw his complexion become paler and paler and then there were flies around him like attracted to dead meat and then the apartment janitor complained of the "dead cat" smell.

In T2, I thought that either (1) Uncle Bob's flesh covering support systems were luckily never damaged or (2) he was a slightly more advanced model with the flesh covering support systems protected internally. Anyhow, Uncle Bob was supposed to be a friendly ally, not a smelly dying enemy like Arnie.

chrisdvanne_Date: Sunday, 25 Sep 2011, 15:51 | Message # 6
@ termi-ninja-tor

You're seing too much things into something that has nothing to do with rational explanations and everything to do with the way Hollywood works; Terminator went from little horror movie to blockbuster and every excessive sexual, horror or violent scene (not that there is too much in T1 though) had to be removed, that's all.

Can you imagine Cameron's delicate skin looking like tin he screencap i uploaded above? I can't cool

termi-ninja-torDate: Sunday, 25 Sep 2011, 17:57 | Message # 7
Quote (michelangelo)
@ termi-ninja-tor

You're seing too much things into something that has nothing to do with rational explanations

Ah, yes. I have been accused of trying to be too rational before. Must try to stop. lol

Charley_DixonDate: Monday, 26 Sep 2011, 01:20 | Message # 8

Cameron: My brother says if you want to be good at anything, you have to practice every day.

chrisdvanne_Date: Monday, 26 Sep 2011, 08:52 | Message # 9
Terminator, deleted scenes - "Fighting Sarah"

Apart from its flaws, this scene shows the difference between a movie and a tv show : the latter allows character development whereas a movie has to have a fast pace.

KrelleKDate: Friday, 18 Nov 2011, 05:52 | Message # 10
Quote (michelangelo)
Can you imagine Cameron's delicate skin looking like tin he screencap i uploaded above? I can't

Nah I am sure Cameron uses the skin product Proactiv biggrin to her delicate skin biggrin

Message edited by KrelleK - Friday, 18 Nov 2011, 05:53

Fox012Date: Friday, 18 Nov 2011, 13:21 | Message # 11
Forgive me but I dont watch that T3 stuff I want to take my eyeballs out for just seeing the Thumbnail wacko

"I saw the victims of a senseless crime, I was reminded that we don’t know when or where our time on Earth will end. When or where we will breathe our last breath." -- Jessica "Redfield" Ghawi

ChrisDate: Saturday, 19 Nov 2011, 01:50 | Message # 12
Quote (termi-ninja-tor)
Good point. In T1, I had thought that the systems to keep Arnie's flesh covering alive were somehow damaged (either by the punk stabbing him or by Kyle shooting him or in the car crash) and his flesh covering then died and started to decay. I saw his complexion become paler and paler and then there were flies around him like attracted to dead meat and then the apartment janitor complained of the "dead cat" smell. In T2, I thought that either (1) Uncle Bob's flesh covering support systems were luckily never damaged or (2) he was a slightly more advanced model with the flesh covering support systems protected internally. Anyhow, Uncle Bob was supposed to be a friendly ally, not a smelly dying enemy like Arnie.

In T 2 Arnie says his wounds would heal in time and I think in T1 Kyle said their skin didnt repair properly when damaged so its fair to say the ground work was not surprising that Arnie wasnt going to stink like a dead cat in T 2 and T 3 even if it was for hollywood purposes along with the Cyborgs shown in TSCC what i think they did miss out on in T2 was having Uncle Bob eat something to help with the regeneration like Cameron could eat unless Uncle Bob was never meant to be around for very long biggrin

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Terminator the Sarah Connor Chronicles » Terminator rightly so deleted scenes
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: