MCM Hannover Comic Con
May 20-21, 2017

MCM London Comic Con
May 26-28, 2017

MCM Belfast Comic Con
June 24-25, 2017

MCM Ireland Comic Con
July 1-2, 2017

The OFFICIAL Summer Glau Appreciation Page!
By chrisdvanne

Ron Glass, 'Shepherd Book' in Firefly, dies at 71
By chrisdvanne

Misc. News on Pilots and Series
By chrisdvanne

The Happy Birthday thread
By KevinInEngland

Photos of celebrities from the Glau-verse & beyond
By chrisdvanne

Interesting about the franchise and other TSCC things
By chrisdvanne

The Secret History of The Beast Wizard in TSCC via io9
By KevinInEngland

Misc. News on Movies and other Tidbits
By KevinInEngland

Lost Wiki header for The Cape Wiki
By chrisdvanne

The official funny thread
By chrisdvanne

New comments

Admirator on: Fan-made video reminds us why we love Summer

Александр XF on: GQ Photo shoot update

Admirator on: New candid picture of Summer

chrisdvanne on: New candid picture of Summer

Admirator on: New candid picture of Summer

chrisdvanne on: New candid picture of Summer

chrisdvanne on: GQ Photo shoot update

ec039 on: GQ Photo shoot update

New videos

00:05:42

00:01:20

New Forum Posts Members Forum Rules Search

Page 1 of 11
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Terminator the Sarah Connor Chronicles » Sarah & Cameron in TSCC - I Was Made For Loving You - video
Sarah & Cameron in TSCC - I Was Made For Loving You - video
Date: Friday, 2011 Sep 23, 16:55 GMT | Message # 1

Site Admin

ogy86 highlighted this video for all TSCC/Summer Glau fans on twitter yesterday.

The song 'I Was Made For Loving You' by KISS is not the first choice that comes to my mind when mentioning the relationship between Sarah and Cameron but one has to admit that the song fits perfectly the images, thanks to the talent of the video maker.

Most of the time, Sarah is giving Cameron the eye or glaring at her (with Lena's famous raise of eyebrows) while saying her not so nice words but with the sound replaced by KISS's song, this is not the feeling reflected by that video.

Still, the video includes a scene that has always been a mystery to me; the author of the video must feel the same because he beautifully edited that scene : i'm talking about Sarah and Cameron watching the vid at the power plant and then walking together with the person in charge of the cleaning team. It happens between 2:53-3:25 of the video.

Tell me what you think of that scene in particular (or the entire video btw) :

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

Date: Saturday, 2011 Sep 24, 01:50 GMT | Message # 2

Site Admin

I forgot to mention that the power plant scene is from TSCC season 2 episode 2 'Automatic for the People'

Cameron is acting strangely during the video, she sems fascinated by it whereas she knows everything already, having a power cell in inside her; Sarah sees that and is obviously disturbed by Cameron's behaviour. Then they act like they were friends when answering the other women, talking simultanously and Sarah being all smile, which is very unsual considering they have a precise mission.

Later during this episode, Cameron also had a strange behaviour, just after the famous pool table scene : Cameron is smiling while counting the money she won by playing Bob and his friend, then she reverted to blank face Cameron as soon as she heard Derek behind her.

Date: Saturday, 2011 Sep 24, 05:11 GMT | Message # 3

Friends

I thought Cameron and Sarah were just trying to act like regular people. Cameron was watching the instructional video like she did not know it because she was not supposed to know it. Cameron and Sarah were acting friendly because they were supposed to be that way. Cameron was smiling while counting the money because the people watching her in the bar would have expected her to be pleased with her winnings. To me, it was a little bit of a relief to see Sarah and Cameron getting along, fake though it might have been, and I liked seeing Cameron's smile in the bar. (She looked pretty hot in that leopard tank top+microskirt+fishnet stockings+cowboy boots outfit. I liked that trashy look.)

Date: Saturday, 2011 Sep 24, 05:29 GMT | Message # 4

Friends

Quote (michelangelo)
Cameron is acting strangely during the video, she sems fascinated by it whereas she knows everything already, having a power cell in inside her; Sarah sees that and is obviously disturbed by Cameron's behaviour. Then they act like they were friends when answering the other women, talking simultanously and Sarah being all smile, which is very unsual considering they have a precise mission.

I was wondering too why she stares at the screen so much. I came to two conclusions:

1. Cameron is prone to follow orders to the letter. The guy probably told her and Sarah to watch the film to learn more about the plant. So Cameron watched it all no matter how stupid it was.

2. There was nothing to do at the time. They couldn't proceed further with their mission without watching that stupid film. If they refused, the guy would ask "Why in hurry?" and they become suspicious. So Cameron probably went into some kind of standby mode until its finished.

The simultaneous answer part is not clear to me but I'll rewatch the episode in case I forgot something that may provide some context.

Quote (michelangelo)
Later during this episode, Cameron also had a strange behaviour, just after the famous pool table scene : Cameron is smiling while counting the money she won by playing Bob and his friend, then she reverted to blank face Cameron as soon as she heard Derek behind her.

She sometimes seems to take pride in her actions if it turns out well(by her standards at least). Another example from this episode for it is from the aforementioned video watching scene when in the end of the scene the guy mentions that their predecessors are missing or unavailable(I don't remember exactly) and there is an almost unnoticable grin on Cams face (as if she were thinking about how good it felt to bash open their skulls or something).

Sarah smiles here too, another example how she loves using the extra Terminator muscle against her enemies.

Either that or she is just collecting data on human activities like pooling or betting and she just tries to look like a human who is happy with the money. I'm sure through that her smile is an unnatural robot smile and not genuine. Summer smiles in a much different manner even when she is just playing and imitates a genuine human smiling.

BTW I once had the idea( and this scene reinforces it a bit) that she is actually faking being the "retarded, innocent robot" and she has achieved sentience when she was with John or better yet she is John Henry or Skynet in android form. Maybe her sentient scenes are genuine and the mechanical scenes are fake. Maybe thats why she hides so desperately her joy from Derek? Sounds a bit far fetched but It'd make an interesting plot twist for sure.

Summer Glau is so awesome, it isn't even funny!
Blood for the Blood God! Skulls for the Skull Throne!

Date: Wednesday, 2011 Oct 05, 08:48 GMT | Message # 5

Site Admin

Quote (Blazius)
She sometimes seems to take pride in her actions if it turns out well(by her standards at least). Another example from this episode for it is from the aforementioned video watching scene when in the end of the scene the guy mentions that their predecessors are missing or unavailable(I don't remember exactly) and there is an almost unnoticable grin on Cams face (as if she were thinking about how good it felt to bash open their skulls or something).

Like what probably happened in this situation?

"Somewhere, a naked cop lies bleeding in an alley."

Date: Thursday, 2011 Oct 06, 00:31 GMT | Message # 6

Friends

Quote (michelangelo)
Like what probably happened in this situation?

"Somewhere, a naked cop lies bleeding in an alley."

Yes, I'm sure that happened when Cam "borrowed" the cops clothes and bike.

Notice that now its Sarah who seems to be proud of Cams actions. A bit odd considering the Connors no kill policy. Its seems Sarah doesn't mind Camerons murders and likes the idea of having a powerful weapon at her disposal.

Just remember when Cam executes the robbers in front of her eyes in Brothers of Nablus. Sarah says nothing after it happened.

There was a very strange chemistry between the two characters BTW.

I don't think Sarah and Cameron acted like mortal enemies more so because of the above mentioned fondness Sarah had using Camerons abilities. I'd rather say it was a step-mother step-daughter relationship where Sarah the mother dislikes the child Cameron but in time she starts to see her values and starts to be warmer.

(Of course the idiotic Riley storyline throws everything out of the window)

Date: Thursday, 2011 Oct 06, 00:56 GMT | Message # 7

Site Admin

Quote (Blazius)
(Of course the idiotic Riley storyline throws everything out of the window)

I was about to start a flame war until i saw that line.
Still, i think that you're too kind toward Sarah; if it's true there is moments where she tolerates Cameron's behaviour, the overall tone of the second season is that Sarah hates Cameron and wants her dead; notice Drek and Jesse wants the same and John acts in concert.

Date: Thursday, 2011 Oct 06, 01:09 GMT | Message # 8

Friends

Quote (michelangelo)
I was about to start a flame war until i saw that line.
Still, i think that you're too kind toward Sarah; if it's true there is moments where she tolerates Cameron's behaviour, the overall tone of the second season is that Sarah hates Cameron and wants her dead; notice Drek and Jesse wants the same and John acts in concert.

Depends how long you count the Riley storyline. Johns and Sarahs behavior changed drastically mostly towards the second half of the season( where the Riley story was the thickest BTW).

Both Sarah and John started to act hysterically and irrationally and I see no reason for it. Samson and Delilah could explain that a bit but things were better after that event immidiately( Automatic for the people was after that for example) then suddenly changed for no reason. I try to avoid ranting too much about how Riley messed up the show but I can't really take that mess into account when considering characters.

Date: Thursday, 2011 Oct 06, 01:20 GMT | Message # 9

Site Admin

It was Josh Friedman deliberate plan to destroy the relationship within the Connor Family (Derek included) in season 2, hence the irrationally behaviour you're describing; but this plan did'nt work because we had barely time to build the family since season one was shortened by the writers strike. But as i often say , show creators have an oversized ego and they are unable to change their master plan even if the situation requires it.
There was no team work at all and everyone was exploring their leads alone like Sarah or Derek, thus hiding a lot to the other members of the family : i think this was a mistake and that the main goal of season 2, i.e. turning John Connor from an emo teenager into a future leader of the resistance could have been done differently.

Message edited by michelangelo - Thursday, 2011 Oct 06, 01:21

Date: Thursday, 2011 Oct 06, 01:34 GMT | Message # 10

Friends

Quote (michelangelo)
It was Josh Friedman deliberate plan to destroy the relationship within the Connor Family (Derek included) in season 2, hence the irrationally behaviour you're describing; but this plan did'nt work because we had barely time to build the family since season one was shortened by the writers strike. But as i often say , show creators have an oversized ego and they are unable to change their master plan even if the situation requires it.

And thus it turned into a very chaotic, forced storyline so it definitely didn't work out. BTW if they didn't have time for the already established characters then why introduce Weaver and give her and Elison more meaningless screentime than ever? I just couldn't figure out what happened in Season 2 really.
Quote (michelangelo)
turning John Connor from an emo teenager into a future leader of the resistance could have been done differently.

And he came through as more emo and whiney than ever. John was nearly annihilated as a character there. It didn't help that there were a considerable amount of rabid Cameron fans by then( like me) and the whole thing backfired because we would rather support Cameron in every situation than the rest of the cast.

I think during the final 3 episodes they realized their mistakes . Everything started to go back to normal and they conveniently started to forget the past episodes events. I'm sorry it came too late.

(BTW maybe calling Sarah as Cams stepmother was a bit too strong but not stronger than making Sarah want to shoot her. Moreover because it would be strategically unadvisable and Sarah understood that prior to that event.)

Message edited by Blazius - Thursday, 2011 Oct 06, 01:48

Date: Monday, 2013 Sep 09, 22:54 GMT | Message # 11

Site Admin

Unlike Josh Friedman, Virgin 1 was not afraid to give fans what they wanted!

Terminator TSCC Week of Love Virgin Ad

Date: Saturday, 2013 Sep 28, 11:07 GMT | Message # 12

Site Admin

The Sarah Connor Chronicles (TSCC) Will Fix You

Date: Tuesday, 2015 Nov 17, 18:48 GMT | Message # 13

Site Admin

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Terminator the Sarah Connor Chronicles » Sarah & Cameron in TSCC - I Was Made For Loving You - video
Page 1 of 11
Search: