[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Page 1 of 3123»
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Terminator the Sarah Connor Chronicles » Which is your favourite scene with Summer in TSCC?
Which is your favourite scene with Summer in TSCC?
MalfurionDate: Sunday, 21 Aug 2011, 15:25 | Message # 1
Group: Friends
Who has one or several favourite scenes where Summer acts in TSCC? And why are those your favourite?

Shyness and Summer met one day, Shyness had to speak first.

chrisdvanneDate: Sunday, 21 Aug 2011, 18:27 | Message # 2
Group: Administrators
I would say that rather then a scene, what i like best about Summer Glau as Cameron are all these subtile touches in her acting that makes she tooks the audience by surprise and lead it to some place we did not expected. She acts or has a body or facial expression that makes we don't know who is talking, the cold machine or the advanced AI looking for a soul.

Examples :
In 'mr Fergusson is ill today', when she hesitates and freezed for one second before she kills Cromartie.
When she "makes conversation" with John (nail polish scene) without knowing why helself.

The nail polish scene is one of my favorite scene.

The writing is also important in this case but i think that it's Summer who makes the difference if several actresses were asked to play the same scene. Though there is some scene similar to those i described where i did not cling to it : for example the scene whith John on the car where she has one foot outside.

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

termi-ninja-torDate: Sunday, 21 Aug 2011, 19:08 | Message # 3
My favorite scene was in Samson & Delilah, where Cameron is trapped between the trucks and says "I love you John, and you love me."

My second favorite scene was in Born to Run, where Cameron and John are on the bed together in the motel and she has him touch her power source.

I also like the scene in Mr. Ferguson Is Ill Today, where Cameron gets into John's bed with him and talks to him about not spending so much time with Riley. Also the scene in Vick's Chip where John strokes Cameron's hair in bed, and in The Demon Hand where Cameron dances ballet with Derek watching.

chrisdvanneDate: Sunday, 21 Aug 2011, 19:22 | Message # 4
Of course i could have quoted the same scenes as you ninja; these scenes are like the nirvana for jamerons. There again, Cameron completely took by surprise the audience...and John ( or Derek) too btw.

Message edited by michelangelo - Sunday, 21 Aug 2011, 19:23

BlaziusDate: Sunday, 21 Aug 2011, 19:48 | Message # 5
I have several favorite scenes. My favorites are the interrogation scenes from Alison from Palmdale( Whats better than Summer Glau? Two Summer Glau!), and the psychiatrist scenes from the same episode for example.

And I like the beginning of Samson and Delilah when Cameron emerges from the wreckage and effortlessly killing the henchman.

But for some reason my absolute favorite is in Complications when Cameron says:"It didn't seem like much of a threat. We're not built to be cruel."

The way Summer said it brought tears to my eyes for some reason. Like if Cameron wanted to defend herself and her people from the human prejustice that they are evil. They are not but killing for them is like an instinct to the humans. Like eating and such. And this theme culminates in the bed scene where she says that killing is the part of her more than anything else.

Summer Glau is so awesome, it isn't even funny!
Blood for the Blood God! Skulls for the Skull Throne!

GraniteDate: Sunday, 21 Aug 2011, 19:57 | Message # 6
This -

Summer Glau

" It's just an object. It doesn't mean what you think... "

" Pain ... It is the healing, purifying scalpel of our souls " - Warhammer 40000 universe.

DevoDate: Sunday, 21 Aug 2011, 20:00 | Message # 7
Alison From Palmdale had a few of my favorite scenes, Blazius mentioned the interrogation scenes. I think that was Summer's best episode and the best episode of the series.

I also like the scene where Cameron hustles those guys at billiards and seems quite pleased with herself as she counts her winnings.

The scene with John and Cameron talking about Riley on the bed was also a good one.

The one where she executes the kids... or the one where she kills Enrique...

The Rosie fight scene was also great...

There were just too many great moments to pick a favorite. wacko

chrisdvanneDate: Sunday, 21 Aug 2011, 20:00 | Message # 8
Funny thing is that everyon here is talking about emotional scenes; the truck scene had action but the emotion part took over the entire scene. Often, people who don't know her work as we do, have in mind her badass scenes in Firefly or Serenity. That doesn't mean we cannot appreciate an action movie or an action scene; also anyone on this wiki is entitled to prefer Summer in action scenes.
A lot of actresses can play super heroines or badass characters but how many can do that and touch the heart and the soul of the viewers...not many. And Summer is certainly one of those.

BlaziusDate: Sunday, 21 Aug 2011, 21:44 | Message # 9
Quote (michelangelo)
A lot of actresses can play super heroines or badass characters but how many can do that and touch the heart and the soul of the viewers...not many. And Summer is certainly one of those.

Well said! I think that if somebody just views Summer as an action heroine or a hot chick misses the point altogether. Her power lies in touching the viewers soul. Thats why we love her so much and think that she is a superb actress.

Maybe this little oversight is what causes somebody to not see what she can really offer.

TheSaviorDate: Sunday, 21 Aug 2011, 22:06 | Message # 10
The Ballet scene...every time i see that clip, ear Sara's words and see Cameron Dance and Derek almost crying...well...it cannot be helped, every time i see it, i cry out of emotion XD

"This isn't the first time we've done this..."
Cameron

The world is Maya The Illusion. Illusions are the foundation of reality. I am the Lord of Illusions.
Me

BlaziusDate: Monday, 22 Aug 2011, 00:44 | Message # 11
Quote (TheSavior)
The Ballet scene...every time i see that clip, ear Sara's words and see Cameron Dance and Derek almost crying...well...it cannot be helped, every time i see it, i cry out of emotion XD

In the unfinished version of that episode on the DVD Derek is fully crying in that scene. Tears running and such. Also Doctor Silbermans story made more sense because the scene when he tells agent Ellison about the hiker he killed was cut off in the final release. He seemed more insane that way and it seemed better explained why he was locked into the mental hospital.

MalfurionDate: Monday, 22 Aug 2011, 19:15 | Message # 12
I find it interesting too that you read mostly about the emotional scenes with Summer. But this is Summers special acting: Even when she act as a machine she can create strongly emotional reactions by the viewers. This combination makes a lot of her fascination.
Oh, some of my favourites: Cameron dances while Derek watching and Sarahs voice off-stage... @TheSavior: Same reaction as you. biggrin
Cameron phones Alisons mother and her reaction afterwards... heart-touching.
And my absolute favourite about the whole series: Cameron between the two trucks and her words, her countenance... i cannot find words... Summer on her best.

Shyness and Summer met one day, Shyness had to speak first.

chrisdvanneDate: Monday, 22 Aug 2011, 19:31 | Message # 13
Quote (Malfurion)
And my absolute favourite about the whole series: Cameron between the two trucks and her words, her countenance... i cannot find words... Summer on her best.

Will we have the answer one day? Was she lying to save her 'life' or did she tell the truth?

BlaziusDate: Tuesday, 23 Aug 2011, 00:29 | Message # 14
Quote (michelangelo)
Will we have the answer one day? Was she lying to save her 'life' or did she tell the truth?

I don't want to sound too anti-Jameronist again but I think that she was lying in that particular scene. Remember that it was much later in the episode when we see her overriding her "Terminate" command. I think that was the only indication that she was sentient because she could override her programming. Everything up to that point was a lie IMO and that made the pleading scene a bit frightening to me instead of romantic(but its awesome either way nontheless)

chrisdvanneDate: Tuesday, 23 Aug 2011, 00:33 | Message # 15
Honestly i don't know and i don't think i has been proved which way was correct.
I think this is Josh Friedman's wish to leave it to the imagination of the audience. He does it a lot.

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Terminator the Sarah Connor Chronicles » Which is your favourite scene with Summer in TSCC?
Page 1 of 3123»
Search: