menu
person
Welcome to summer-glau.com, your fan source for all things Summer on the web. Browse around the site and visit our growing GALLERY housing over 65,000 photos. Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter and Facebook and be sure to visit the site again!
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 3
  • »
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Terminator the Sarah Connor Chronicles » Sarah/Cameron in TSCC Free Discussion
Sarah/Cameron in TSCC Free Discussion
chrisdvanne_Date: Saturday, 16 Jul 2011, 22:05 | Message # 1
Group: Administrators

I noticed that we rarely talk about Sarah/Cameron relationship in TSCC so i thought that would be interesting to start a thread about that; Blazius and i have started to discuss Sarah/Cameron but it had quickly derailed to femslash (see here); can be brought up though, this is not taboo. There is a few moments in that video that could be interpreted that way.

In order not to make it sound too academic, this video is a good starting point. I have already noticed a few things i 'd like to discuss with you.

But fist i let you watch that video; be careful, it's a swinging beat and your neighbours might not appreciate.

Side note : the ending is best line ever!

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

BlaziusDate: Sunday, 17 Jul 2011, 02:48 | Message # 2
Group: Friends
Okay, since we had that discussion, and you showed me the link I have images in my head about Sarah and Cameron, so thanks michelangelo. <_<

Because of it I thought a lot about this and I cooked up a small scenario about how a "Sameron" would work. Its a bit long so expect a huge wall of text( sorry but I wanted to be precise)

Now we all know that Sarah had a few traumas in her life, and that because of it she isn't the sanest person in the world. Her problems are caused by the Terminators who constantly tried to kill her. Because of it she hates all of them and all technology which may create them. She always teaches John to don't trust in machines and if possible destroy them all. However in the case of the two friendly terminators she acts a bit differently.

In fact she enjoys their company more than she states. First she seems to be fond of their strenghts and abilities, especially in the series where she constantly makes use of Camerons functions and combat abilities. There are cases where she appears to be amused when she can turn their power against her enemies(and I don't blame her honestly). However from her monologues it becomes clear that there is more than meets the eye. In T2 she thinks about that Uncle Bob would be a perfect father to John because he is never drunk and such. In Demon Hand in her monologue before the spectacular Summer ballet scene, she talks about how the machines don't do mistakes as humans do. She calls them perfect creatures.

(Its a bit of an underlying theme in TSCC because Doctor Silberman basically views terminator as some kind of gods, while Weaver herself talks about how machines don't do any mistakes, contary to humans even under "extreme conditions".)

Now it appears to be that Sarah is in fact admires the machines perfection and their abilities and her only motivation to destroy them is on a "do or die" basis. Her monologue supports it because she almost appears to hope that the machines will get human enough to don't try to eradicate them. So while she is constantly bashing Cameron and calls her on names she admires her in a certain way, but she desperately tries to hide it. Remember her compliment to Cameron in Heavy Metal(season 1 episode 03), that was a bit suspicious, isn't it? From here its still a long way to the "dream scene" but thats when psychology kicks in!

Now I've already mentioned the traumas and that Sarah is not exactly 100% in her mind. After the tough battles and episodes like "The good wound" or the one where she is captured and tortured by the undead Kaliba security guy it makes sense that she has to cling to somebody, a lover maybe? However she had a bad luck with guys:
Kyle Reese-dead
Andy Good-dead
Charley-Betrayed her and now has a wife.

So its possible that Sarah got enough of the male lovers and wants something else. Note that we don't know if Sarah is straight hetero or bisexual( we don't know what she did with her roommate girl back in T1). There is somebody who looks like a fine woman in her proximity, and it appears that she is already admires her to some extend(through she likely doesn't really admit it even to herself) so she gets kinda attracted to this "thing".

Another reason might be the fact that she knows that Cameron is not as easy to kill as Kyle and Andy, and she is not as likely to betray or leave her as Charley(or she thinks because of the perfection thing). Now from here its very easy to get to the point. After another rough day Sarah is on the floor. Cameron steps in(possibly in one of her sexier outfits) aaaand.....Sarah breaks! She jumps on Cameron and starts the scene! Now its Camerons turn. She is likely to give two different responses:

1, She pushes Sarah back(doesn't hurt her) because of certain self-defensive programs to avoid such "attacks" with which she can infiltrate better because of a more human response.
2, She wants to collect data on such things and she plays along.

We choose response 2, assume that for the sake of blending in Skynet placed everything to the proper place on Cameron and she feels everything on these places. So we had the scene.

I'll continue in a second post if its not a problem.

Summer Glau is so awesome, it isn't even funny!
Blood for the Blood God! Skulls for the Skull Throne!

Message edited by Blazius - Sunday, 17 Jul 2011, 03:22

BlaziusDate: Sunday, 17 Jul 2011, 03:09 | Message # 3
So they had the scene and then what? Sarah continues the affair with Cameron while Cameron collects data. It goes for a week or two. Mind that its very unlikely that this affair means the same to Cameron as to Sarah. For Cameron its not very different than a friendly chat with Eric. For Sarah the "relationship" and Cameron means the last hope to remain sane.

And in one night when Sarah comes again Cameron says something like this with a straight face: "Thank you Sarah for allowing me to collect data on this kind of human relationship, I can't collect any more data, so I don't need any more sessions. Thank you for helping me!" And then she turns and leaves the room.

Now I'm not sure how to end the story from here but Sarah is likely to go berserk afterwards, and she will face a total mental breakdown. Actually a storyline such as this would fit best into the finale, when we see Sarah last as this event will totally destroy her and I can't see any possible way for her to recover from her condition. Moreover Derek and John would lost all their fate in her or at least in her sanity.

I know its a lot of text but michelangelo asked for it! biggrin

P.S Tomorrow I will try to write something about their real relationship too but I've already tried to mention things that are not necessarily related to femlash.

Message edited by Blazius - Sunday, 17 Jul 2011, 03:12

TayzerDate: Friday, 22 Jul 2011, 04:35 | Message # 4
I'm a huge fan of Sarah/Cameron, they're my OTP. So much better than Jameron... *cringe*. There's a fantastic community on LJ devoted to them, here's the link if you wanna check it out http://sarahcameron.livejournal.com/

chrisdvanne_Date: Friday, 22 Jul 2011, 05:41 | Message # 5
@ Tayser : noob question : what does OTP mean?

When i started this thread, i was thinking Sarah/Cameron relationship in TSCC but any fanfiction is fine also; everyone is entitled to have his own vision.
Some like me see Jameron everywhere whereas some don't, no problem. It's all part of the TSCC universe and fanfiction is a good way to extense the universe.
I'm waiting for the ambitious CGI continuation of TSCC.

Side note : i will answer you Blazius but i want to take my time because your post deserve tht.

gabidu25Date: Wednesday, 28 Dec 2011, 17:15 | Message # 6
nice video and nice music
and summer is nice =)

i am fan of summer =)

chrisdvanne_Date: Wednesday, 28 Dec 2011, 18:22 | Message # 7
Quote (gabidu25)
nice video and nice music
and summer is nice =)

Thanks for digging up this old thread !

Here's another good video about Sarah/Cameron.

gabidu25Date: Wednesday, 28 Dec 2011, 20:40 | Message # 8
oh yes!!!

i am fan of summer =)

gabidu25Date: Wednesday, 28 Dec 2011, 20:43 | Message # 9
j'adore le moment ou le petit robot la regarde lol
I love the moment when the little robot look summer lol

i am fan of summer =)

ChrisDate: Thursday, 29 Dec 2011, 03:00 | Message # 10
Quote (Blazius)
Charley-Betrayed her and now has a wife.

Um you do realise Sarah betrayed Charley not the other way around right? She left him and ran away and after all of that he still supported her yes he did move on and get married but what was he meant to do for 8 years when as far as he knew she was dead?

BlaziusDate: Thursday, 29 Dec 2011, 03:17 | Message # 11
Quote (Chris)
Um you do realise Sarah betrayed Charley not the other way around right? She left him and ran away and after all of that he still supported her yes he did move on and get married but what was he meant to do for 8 years when as far as he knew she was dead?

If I remember correctly that post was about a hypothetical romantic relationship between Sarah and Cameron, how that relationship would form and work etc. It also involved notions that Sarahs traumas make her insane and delusional. At that state she might blame Charley for "betraying" their love by marrying another woman while she is sorting through possible love interests. And thus she'd turn lesbian so she could finally fall in love with Cameron smile

The whole idea came from a femlash fanfiction which involved Cam and Sarah making love biggrin

chrisdvanne_Date: Thursday, 29 Dec 2011, 10:44 | Message # 12
Will they or won't they...kiss each other?

Lena Headey and Summer Glau in TSCC

gabidu25Date: Thursday, 29 Dec 2011, 13:35 | Message # 13
ahahah exellent go sarah kiss cameron lol =)

i am fan of summer =)

gabidu25Date: Thursday, 29 Dec 2011, 13:39 | Message # 14
or not =D

i am fan of summer =)

chrisdvanne_Date: Thursday, 29 Dec 2011, 14:03 | Message # 15
Quote (gabidu25)
ahahah exellent go sarah kiss cameron lol =)

It looks like Cameron is going to kiss Sarah to me smile

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Terminator the Sarah Connor Chronicles » Sarah/Cameron in TSCC Free Discussion
  • Page 1 of 3
  • »
Search: