menu
person
Welcome to summer-glau.com, your fan source for all things Summer on the web. Browse around the site and visit our growing GALLERY housing over 65,000 photos. Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter and Facebook and be sure to visit the site again!
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Terminator the Sarah Connor Chronicles » 5 awesome and 5 awful movie-inspired sci-fi TV shows
5 awesome and 5 awful movie-inspired sci-fi TV shows
chrisdvanne_Date: Wednesday, 13 Jul 2011, 12:18 | Message # 1
Group: Administrators
Guess on which category is Terminator : The Sarah Connor Chronicles?

There is two ways to milk a movie; either make a sequel if the movie was sucessful and/or make a tv show inspired from it. Some of these tv shows shows were proven awesome while other were...less awesome according to an arbitrary list released at blastr.com.

Awesome category :

Buffy the Vampire Slayer (1997)
Stargate SG-1 (1997)
The Dead Zone (2002)
Highlander: The Series (1992)
Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles (2008)
We might catch some flack for this one, but Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles wasn't that bad! The show only lasted two seasons and got canceled when it was really getting into its groove. John Connor was turning less emo, and it looked as if his and Cameron's relationship was going somewhere. We know it's creepy because she's a machine, but there was real chemistry there. You all saw it!

Not a very inspired summary but at least they're jamerons biggrin

Awful category :

Timecop (1997)
RoboCop: The Series (1994)
The Crow: Stairway to Heaven (1998)
Logan's Run (1977)
Planet of the Apes (1974)

Source : 5 awesome and 5 awful movie-inspired sci-fi TV shows at blastr.com

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

BlaziusDate: Wednesday, 13 Jul 2011, 15:13 | Message # 2
Group: Friends
They have a really good taste! TSCC and Stargate Sg-1 are both my favorite sci-fis!

"John Connor was turning less emo"lololololol lol

Summer Glau is so awesome, it isn't even funny!
Blood for the Blood God! Skulls for the Skull Throne!

chrisdvanne_Date: Wednesday, 13 Jul 2011, 16:21 | Message # 3
Group: Administrators
Blastr.com are the best when it comes to relase meaningless lists cool

I agree with the first list, except for Highlander maybe, but that's just my taste (even if they filmed partially in France). None of the actors, main of secondary roles were engaging. I'm a great fan of Highlander (1986), directed by Russel Mulcahy and starring Christopher Lambert (french btw) and Sean Connery. The movie was a visual bombshell at the time. Mulcahy had only filmed video-clips before the film but he created a credible universe and a well structured story.

On the other hand, i disagree with him about the second list. First he mocks Logan's Run for the time period where it was filmed (end of the 70's) more than the serie itself. But mostly i disagree with him about Planet of the Apes : the tv show had decent production values, solid actors, Roddy Mc Dowell even took back on his role as Dr Cornelius from the 1968's movie. More, each episode was the opportunity to deliver a message of hope and moral values. On the opposite, the four movie sequels did not hold a candle to the original movie and are seen as such by most of the critics; Charton Heston accepted to play on the first sequel under the condition he dies, which tells a lot about the consideration he had for the sequels.

On a side note, producers of the upcoming blockbuster "Rise of the Planet of the Apes" insist upon the fact it's not a remake of the 4th movie "Conquest of the Planet of the Apes".

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Terminator the Sarah Connor Chronicles » 5 awesome and 5 awful movie-inspired sci-fi TV shows
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: