menu
person
Welcome to summer-glau.com, your fan source for all things Summer on the web. Browse around the site and visit our growing GALLERY housing over 65,000 photos. Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter and Facebook and be sure to visit the site again!
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 2 of 2
  • «
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Terminator the Sarah Connor Chronicles » Duscussion about an interview of Josh Friedman
Duscussion about an interview of Josh Friedman
chrisdvanne_ Post # 16 | Wednesday, 09 Nov 2011 - 13:19
Group: Administrators
Another interview of Josh Friedman made for TV Addict, shortly after the announcement of the reneawal for a second season:

TV Addict : Along with today’s pick-up announcement,..., what other changes might fans expect in season two?

Josh Friedman : We’re getting rid of Summer Glau [Editor's Note: That noise you heard, the TV Addict fainting]. Just kidding. In case anyone’s worried that we blew her up [in the first season finale], she’s coming back. In full force.

Source : Josh Freidman Talks SARAH CONNOR CHRONICLES Season Two at TV Addict

I remember the discussions in TSCC boards back in the days and the fans weeping over Cameron possibly not returning; seriously, how could anyone think that for a minute?

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

FordStaff Post # 17 | Wednesday, 09 Nov 2011 - 19:16
Group: Friends
Josh Friedman has no intentions of revealing his plans for any of the characters or plot. Am I the only one who finds this suspicious? Perhaps he is not revealing anything because he is not confident in his answers or they are not even existent. Leaving it up to the interpretation of the viewer is a cop out. Fictional Universes are not set in stone they are products of creativity and viewers can change them after the fact with or without permission even when it is against cannon. Besides if the story and character arks were any good they would keep their ambiguity even at the end, because that is part of the intrigue particularly with the Cameron character.

The only explanation that I could come up with that is not negative is that he somehow believes there is still a chance for continuation and does not want to ruin the story.

Keep Flying - Not much, but it's enough.

Message edited by FordStaff - Wednesday, 09 Nov 2011, 19:18

chrisdvanne_ Post # 18 | Thursday, 10 Nov 2011 - 01:02
Quote (FordStaff)
Josh Friedman has no intentions of revealing his plans for any of the characters or plot.

Of course not! I think you got it wrong.
JF is not talking about season 3 but about season 2; the interview is an old one made after season 1 when Cameron blew up in the explosion of the jeep. The fans feared that Cameron would not return in season 2 and JF made a joke about it, that's all.

FordStaff Post # 19 | Thursday, 10 Nov 2011 - 01:07
Of course not! I think you got it wrong.
JF is not talking about season 3 but about season 2; the interview is an old one made after season 1 when Cameron blew up in the explosion of the jeep. The fans feared that Cameron would not return in season 2 and JF made a joke about it, that's all.

But it is true that he is not planning on releasing any information on the future plans the show had no?

chrisdvanne_ Post # 20 | Thursday, 10 Nov 2011 - 01:15
Quote (FordStaff)

But it is true that he is not planning on releasing any information on the future plans the show had no?

100%true.
I don't recall a show creator had done this before; because they have an overinflated ego and they think they have written (or have in mind) great story arcs. They don't want to spoil them, hoping they could re-use it for other shows or movies or books.

FordStaff Post # 21 | Thursday, 10 Nov 2011 - 01:24
because they have an overinflated ego and they think they have written (or have in mind) great story arcs. They don't want to spoil them, hoping they could re-use it for other shows or movies or books.

I did not think of that explanation. That would be even more of a dick move than the reasons I described. Are you suggesting you think this is the case in this situation?

chrisdvanne_ Post # 22 | Thursday, 10 Nov 2011 - 02:12
Quote (FordStaff)
Are you suggesting you think this is the case in this situation?

May i remind you rule number one in Hollywood : don't believe them. Everybody is lying, the actors, the producers, the network executives.

Summer Glau is lying when she answer to people asking her why she keep playing in sci-fi that it's because these are the best roles or when she says she accepted the Human Preservation Project because Natalia's character was appealing to her.

Producers are lying when talking about the future plots of their shows. Example : Josh Friedman introducing Riley in TSCC by saying that John Connor needed a normal girl in his life or Alphas creator Zak Penn implying that Summer Glau would play some kind of lawyer and not an Alpha.

Networks executives are lying when they give us troncated or non conclusive ratings. Another example : NBC's boss Bob Greenblatt saying he will not cancel new shows The Playboy Club and Free agents the following week, " I want to give all freshmen more time to send a message to the creative community that he will give their shows on NBC every possible chance to succeed", and then canceling them respectively 4 and 6 days later.

Don't try to find them excuses or mitigating factors. Josh Friedman knew that the show was going to get cancelled, even he if he said otherwise in his blog.

JF said on numerous times that he had a 4 or 5 years plan for TSCC, as the networks ask for for syndication reasons. I'm not telling he knows all the details but the matter we're discussing like "who sent Cameron back" or "what is her secret agenda" is already known. TSCC ececutives producers like John wirth have given hints about what could have been season 3 but he can't by contract reveal too much.

Side note : i'm sorry i remained silent for half an hour but i couldn't connect to the Wiki for unknown reason.

Message edited by michelangelo - Thursday, 10 Nov 2011, 08:53

FordStaff Post # 23 | Thursday, 10 Nov 2011 - 04:10
May i remind you rule number one in Hollywood : don't believe them. Everybody is lying, the actors, the producers, the network executives.

Well, I watch House so I am well aware that everyone lies, no exceptions biggrin . Not just a Hollywood thing, although there is certainly more incentive to lie in Hollywood than other professions (much like politics).

TSCC ececutives producers like John wirth have given hints about what could have been season 3 but he can't by contract reveal too much.

I was under the impression that he chose without outside forcing (contract) to reveal the information, because he wanted the viewers to make their own interpretations of the events or some load of crap like that.

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Terminator the Sarah Connor Chronicles » Duscussion about an interview of Josh Friedman
  • Page 2 of 2
  • «
Search: