[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Page 7 of 9«1256789»
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Terminator the Sarah Connor Chronicles » Interesting about the franchise and other TSCC things
Interesting about the franchise and other TSCC things
KevinInEnglandDate: Friday, 27 Nov 2015, 13:32 | Message # 91
Group: Friends
Garret Dillhunt as John Henry in Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles
Shirley Manson as Chaterine Weaver in Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles

2_14 The Good Wound #TSCC
John Henry says to Catherine Weaver that his body is made of coltan = tantalum niobium & in the last 26 months, Zeira has bought up 7% of the world's reserves.

Interestingly, In Greek mythology, the son of Zeus, Tantalus, was punished in Hades, which is a mythological underworld.  His name also refers to a transition metal with atomic # 73 = ‘Tantalum’ (from which the Greek name was taken).   In the case of Cameron, it would seem her Tantalite originated in Colombo: coltan, but this is not the case:

Coltan is a dull black metallic ore from which the elements niobium and tantalum are extracted. The niobium-dominant mineral in coltan is columbite, and the tantalum-dominant mineral is tantalite. COLumbite TANtalite = coltan.

Btw, it is in this episode that Dr Felicia Burnett sticks a scalpel in Sarah's wound.  I still wince and can't bear to look when she does it.
Also, before John leaves Riley in her hospital bed, he kisses her on her forehead.  Did I see a slight hint of emotion from Cameron? (Naw, probably not!)

Message edited by KevinInEngland - Tuesday, 01 Dec 2015, 19:00

robboDate: Monday, 30 Nov 2015, 03:09 | Message # 92
# 91 Very interesting read Kevin, btw, great pics!!!

chrisdvanneDate: Sunday, 03 Jan 2016, 19:08 | Message # 93
Group: Administrators
The scene pictured in this behind-the-scenes still - in which John heals Cameron's wounds after her fight against Terminator Vick - can be seen in  episode 1.02.

TSCC 1.02 Gnothi Seauton - Publicity still of Thomas Dekker and Summer Glau

But there is no sign in the episode of the scene in which John and Cameron are alone and she runs her fingers through his hair, pictured in these other behind-the-scenes stills.

TSCC 1.02 Gnothi Seauton - Publicity still of Thomas Dekker and Summer Glau

Cameron runs her fingers through John's hair

Damn you, Josh Friedman for editing out my Jameron moment!

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

chrisdvanneDate: Monday, 04 Jan 2016, 13:52 | Message # 94
Quote chrisdvanne ()
But there is no sign in the episode of the scene in which John and Cameron are alone and she runs her fingers through his hair, pictured in these other behind-the-scenes stills.

After seeing theses episodic stills, Kevin told me (on Twitter) that although John was smiling, Cameron might have been serious, unless she temporarily reverted to episode 1.

To answer that I'd say...not necessarily!
Indeed, Cameron smiles broadly in another episodic still from episode 1.03 'The Turk' (see below). Again, the scene depicted in the picture did not make the final cut. It seems Josh Friedman was not happy with the scene and decided to have Cameron walk by in her underwear instead of having her smiling directly at John.

TSCC 1.03 The Turk - Publicity still of Summer Glau wearing a short dress

If you want to know more about Summer's dress and this deleted (re-filmed) scene, check out a blog post I've written about it: THE STORY BEHIND THIS PHOTO OF SUMMER IN SKIMPY OUTFIT

KevinInEnglandDate: Monday, 04 Jan 2016, 16:43 | Message # 95
# 94 Thanks for that. I've commented on the pink link just above my posting.

chrisdvanneDate: Monday, 04 Jan 2016, 16:55 | Message # 96
Quote KevinInEngland ()
# 94 Thanks for that. I've commented on the pink link just above my posting.

Thanks for posting a comment under the blog post linked above...but I thought we were discussing the deleted (or re-filmed) scenes with Summer smiling (or not) at John %)

Back to topic: the episodic still shown in #94 might not show Cameron but Summer Glau. And by that I mean the fact she's smiling doesn't mean the scene was supposed to be filmed that way. It could very well be that Summer was photographed smiling between takes.

KevinInEnglandDate: Saturday, 16 Jan 2016, 13:47 | Message # 97
#96 Agreed.

Today is Richard T Jones' 44th birthday.
I wonder where he is now?
I see he's in the new series of Extant which it comes to the UK.  I've been viewing it, so  welcome back James Timothy.

Richard T. Jones and wife arrive at the premiere of Hot Pursuit

Message edited by KevinInEngland - Saturday, 16 Jan 2016, 13:50

robboDate: Sunday, 17 Jan 2016, 03:59 | Message # 98
97 # Not so long ago I was watching the American crime drama series Narcos.
I noticed Richard T Jones was in that show, as a DEA agent. 
Highly recommend the series as well absolutely brilliant.

chrisdvanneDate: Tuesday, 19 Jan 2016, 10:11 | Message # 99
TSCC review published by Instagram user terminator_universe

I'm going to share my opinion of Terminator The Sarah Connor Chronicles both season 1 & season 2.
I think it's a brilliant series that is based upon a really popular world that was created by writer / director James Cameron and it was great how it all carried on from Terminator 2 judgement day.
However there are maybe two things that could of been improved and the first thing was the actor who played kyle reese he was mainly in one episode in season 2 coming back to sarah where she is falling unconscious due to a leg gunshot wound.

I think the reason why I expected more from that character is because I'm mainly a fan of the first terminator film which was made in 1984 and Michael Biehn is a fantastic actor and in my opinion no one comes close to playing kyle reese as brilliantly as he does.

The second thing has to be the ending in which kind of ruined the entire series from start to end because we see johns protector cyborg cameron Phillips sat in a chair unprogrammed because the chip had been removed. Now if I'm not mistaken I think that cameron had to be the hero through out and you tend to get used to the characters if the series is good and has a massive impact on you.

And it definitely had an impact on me because I fell in love with Summer Glau who played the cyborg so it was kind of annoying to see a good character being taken out so quietly.
Lena Headey played sarah connor really brilliantly because at first I watched it with a unproductive attitude thinking she's not going to be better than Linda Hamilton because I'm in love with her too so I have high expectations but overall I think the series are brilliant and they should of been mainstream instead of just an underrated spin-off and maybe Terminator 3 rise of the machines wouldn't have mattered. So anyone not seen this series it's highly recommended.

Summer Glau's portrayal of reprogrammed Terminator Cameron was the reason why I fell in love with Summer and with TSCC...and ultimately manage a fan site. Cameron was out of the game at the end of season 2 and we know Summer would have played the human she is based on - Allison from Palmdale - in season 3 and also Cameron (in flashbacks?). I have no doubt Cameron would have returned eventually. Showrunner Josh Friedman is brilliant but doesn't care one bit about the studios and the audience's expectations and I think it killed the series.

chrisdvanneDate: Tuesday, 19 Jan 2016, 20:36 | Message # 100
In this never before seen interview, Summer recalls her audition for the role of Cameron in TSCC.

CammyDate: Tuesday, 19 Jan 2016, 22:39 | Message # 101
Quote chrisdvanne ()
Showrunner Josh Friedman is brilliant but doesn't care one bit about the studios and the audience's expectations and I think it killed the series.

How? Why?

I agree with your whole post but for this part. I like to think Friedman's one of the very few people who actually knew (knows) what the audience wanted. This is different from the movies and for all I know it's a good diversion.

From what I've seen TSCC is perceived much better than T4 and T5 because it did not have the vibe first three (two if you exclude T3) movies had.
I'm convinced this is because the movies weren't what the audience expected from the franchise after the first two movies, especially Genisys.
Another reason is the cast - In T1, T2 and TSCC the cast and character chemistry was amazing. I missed that in the rest of the Terminator franchise (e.g Sarah and 'Pops' in Genisys).
Now I know you can't really compare the TV series to the movies but I just wanted to put this out there.

I'm very poor at explaining my views on things but this'll have to do for now, lol.

don't bother they're here

Message edited by Jawe - Tuesday, 19 Jan 2016, 22:41

chrisdvanneDate: Friday, 08 Apr 2016, 18:07 | Message # 102
Found this on Tumblr, I think its describes the show very well biggrin

Remember when you used to try and describe “Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles” to people like a pretentious asshole? And now eight years later you’re just like ...

“Listen, it’s a story about Lena Headey pissed off that she has a crush on the guy from 90210 and that her son is in love with Summer Glau Cyborg who he’s gonna marry in the future and that makes everyone mad. So she just fights people and makes dumb decisions.

It’s like the best Sci-Fi Noir since Blade Runner meets Romeo & Juliet …

Do I have to explain everything to you, asshole?

just watch it.

Yes, the last episode will piss you off.”

Credit: http://thephantomcasebook.tumblr.com/

KevinInEnglandDate: Monday, 18 Apr 2016, 20:10 | Message # 103
Here's a trivia which might not be familiar to people new to this site:
The episode from TSCC is 1_2 Gnothi Seauton.  Do you see anything familiar?

CammyDate: Monday, 18 Apr 2016, 22:25 | Message # 104
Quote KevinInEngland ()
Here's a trivia which might not be familiar to people new to this site:
The episode from TSCC is 1_2 Gnothi Seauton.  Do you see anything familiar?

In the Pilot episode John, Sarah and Cameron go to a bank that was built in 1963. The piece of wood in front spells out 963.

All I can think of!

don't bother they're here

KevinInEnglandDate: Tuesday, 26 Apr 2016, 08:11 | Message # 105
Today is Spice Williams-Crosby's birthday.  She is 64 and can be seen in TSCC episode 2_1 Samson & Delilah in the tunnel entrance as John & Sarah career through bashing in to things.  She is throwing a plastic bin at their stolen vehicle, a Silver-blue jeep cherokee.
Also, the prison guard in this scene:

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Terminator the Sarah Connor Chronicles » Interesting about the franchise and other TSCC things
Page 7 of 9«1256789»
Search: