menu
person
Welcome to summer-glau.com, your fan source for all things Summer on the web. Browse around the site and visit our growing GALLERY housing over 65,000 photos. Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter and Facebook and be sure to visit the site again!
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Terminator the Sarah Connor Chronicles » Site poll: What do you think about Jameron? (A thread to discuss site poll question.)
Site poll: What do you think about Jameron?
Charley_Dixon Post # 16 | Monday, 02 Jan 2012 - 22:24
Group: Administrators
Quote (chrisdvanne)
i think it was connected to a previous poll on the News page. But as the title of the thread implies it, this thread can be used to discuss John/Cameron relations.

Yes, that was a poll question. Otherwise why would I be a Jameron thread starter?

P.S. Welcome to the Wiki of Awesomeness, kaotic!

Cameron: My brother says if you want to be good at anything, you have to practice every day.

chrisdvanne_ Post # 17 | Monday, 02 Jan 2012 - 22:31
@ kaotic :

I'm luckier than you, i had encountered great pairings in series i watched years ago : The first one was David Addison & Maddie Hayes, played by Bruce Willis and Cybill Shepperd in 1986's Moonlighting; the cop procedurial element was just an excuse to follow how their relationship would progress. The second one was Fox Mulder & Dana Scully in The X-Files but in this case the romantic element was not at the center of the story. And to a lesser intensity Lois Lane & Clark Kent in Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman or Buffy & Angel.

The level of drama and complexity in the character study as seen in TSCC can only be compared to Buffy though (but hey, this is Whedon's writing).

When TSCC aired and we were discovering new episodes every week, i was not far from thinking John was an ass** (i don't swear in real life and so do i in online life), but we had little hints here and there throughout the season that make me hope there will be better days for Cameron & John. The last episodes confirmed that feeling; though i remember perfectly haters (in real time on TSCC board) where jubilating one last time during Born to Run when John questionned Cameron about a possible radiation leak in her power cell : i laughed out loud when everything was wipped out at one (several) stroke by the bed scene and John's jump to the future to save Cameron.

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

kaotic Post # 18 | Monday, 02 Jan 2012 - 22:35
Group: Friends
Quote (chrisdvanne)
@ kaotic :

I'm luckier than you, i had encountered great pairings in series i watched years ago : The first one was David Addison & Maddie Hayes, played by Bruce Willis and Cybill Shepperd in 1986's Moonlighting; the cop procedurial element was just an excuse to follow how their relationship would progress. The second one was Fox Mulder & Dana Scully in The X-Files but in this case the romantic elemnet was not at the center of the story. And to a lesser intensity Lois Lane & Clark Kent in Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman or Buffy & Angel.

The level of drama and complexity in the character study as seen in TSCC can only be compared to Buffy though (but hey, this is Whedon's writing).

When TSCC aired and we were discovering new episodes every week, i was not far from thinking John was an ass** (i don't swear in real life and so do i in online life), but we had little hints here and there throughout the season that make me hope there will be better days for Cameron & John. The last episodes confirmed that feeling; though i remember perfectly haters (in real time on TSCC board) where jubilating one last time during Born to Run when John questionned Cameron about a possible radiation leak in her power cell : i laughed out loud when everything was wipped out at one (several) stroke by the bed scene and John's jump to the future to save Cameron.

There are other relationships I love a lot, but none of them captivated me like John and Cameron.

Some of my favorites are John and Aeryn from Farscape. Lee and Kara, Helo and Sharon, and Roslin and Adama from BSG

I don't really give a crap about what the "haters" say. John and Cameron was a canon ship, it happened, and it was frakking awesome! Plus, multiple of the actors and writers (and the creator of the show) supported the relationship. biggrin

Message edited by kaotic - Monday, 02 Jan 2012, 22:36

chrisdvanne_ Post # 19 | Monday, 02 Jan 2012 - 22:48
One thing kaotic: remember that i'm not english native and i cannot answer that quickly to this type of comments because i have to add two steps : the translating from English to French then the opposite when i want to write an answer.

Today is the day:
i loved very much the fact that John had the courage to confront his mother about her opinion on Cameron but i don't think Thomas Dekker played that part so well.
More it's difficult to know precisely what John was refering about when he said "You don't know anything", but in this case i blame Josh Friedman's elusive writing.

Side note :
* good use of gifs btw; i use a lot of images to illustrate an article but not so much gifs.
* don't worry about walls of text, you should see Blazius and FordStaff discussing on the forum smile

kaotic Post # 20 | Monday, 02 Jan 2012 - 22:57
Quote (chrisdvanne)
One thing kaotic: remember that i'm not english native and i cannot answer that quickly to this type of comments because i have to add two steps : the translating from English to French then the opposite when i want to write an answer.

Today is the day:
i loved very much the fact that John had the courage to confront his mother about her opinion on Cameron but i don't think Thomas Dekker played that part so well.
More it's difficult to know precisely what John was refering about when he said "You don't know anything", but in this case i blame Josh Friedman's elusive writing.

Side note :
* good use of gifs btw; i use a lot of images to illustrate an article but not so much gifs.
* don't worry about walls of text, you should see Blazius and FordStaff discussing on the forum smile

I didn't realize you had to translate. That must get annoying.

I actually thought Dekker's performance in that scene was excellent. But we all see things differently. smile

chrisdvanne_ Post # 21 | Monday, 02 Jan 2012 - 23:01
Quote (kaotic)
And in Born to Run you can tell that he wants to believe that she can feel something. His reaction to Cameron's outburst shows that much.

That is not exactly my interpretation of that scene.
I don't think that scene is about John's feeling about Cameron at all but more between the audience and Cameron; imo the writers wanted to hint us that there was something going on with Cameron, hence the obvious outburst.
There is something that srikes me in Cameron's answer : she used irony, not like before when she made a joke "I fooled you", but this time she used one of John's previous remark and mocked it, which is something new or maybe writing inconsistency, i couldn't tell.

I didn't realize you had to translate.

Well, not to the point i have to use Google translate but i frequently use an online dictionnary.

Message edited by chrisdvanne - Monday, 02 Jan 2012, 23:03

kaotic Post # 22 | Monday, 02 Jan 2012 - 23:06
Quote (chrisdvanne)
Quote (kaotic)
And in Born to Run you can tell that he wants to believe that she can feel something. His reaction to Cameron's outburst shows that much.

That is not exactly my interpretation of that scene.
I don't think that scene is about John's feeling about Cameron at all but more between the audience and Cameron; imo the writers wanted to hint us that there was something going on with Cameron, hence the obvious outburst.
There is something that srikes me in Cameron's answer : she used irony, not like before when she made a joke "I fooled you", but this time she used one of John's previous remark and mocked it, which is something new or maybe writing inconsistency, i couldn't tell.

Well yes, but I was talking about John's reply to Cameron. It was to show that there was more to Cameron, but John was the one that challenged her.

Cameron: You know that's impossible.
John: *he steps close* Is it?

The challenge is just as important as the outburst from Cameron, imo. He wanted her to confirm what he already thought.

There is actually something really neat about that scene. In the special features on the dvd, there's a glimpse of the unedited version of the script and there is more too that scene. After Cameron says: I'm just a machine. John said something like:

John: You've changed. You're changing.

Cameron: I learn.

John: No, it's more than that.

Message edited by kaotic - Monday, 02 Jan 2012, 23:07

The1Russter Post # 23 | Monday, 02 Jan 2012 - 23:14
Group: Writer
I believe that there is more to TSCC than just Jameron. Some people are so focused on that one aspect of the program they miss out on the greater picture. On the other hand, because Jameron is at the core of the story, you can't ignore it nor deny its existence. Those who do miss out on one of the best parts of TSCC.

That being said, the relationship of John and Cameron is essential. Why else would Jesse come from the future to try and force John to destroy Cameron by making him believe she had killed Riley? John and Cameron are like Romeo and Juliet, only the warring families are humans and machines. It is a relationship that has a tragic element to it. Right now the story has ended more like West Side Story than like Romeo & Juliet. John finds Cameron apparently dead and Weaver whisks him away to the future where he could die in his attempt to get Cameron back.

The end is yet to come. Will John get Cameron back? Will it end in tragedy? Will either or both be able to heal the divide between those who out right hate all machines and those willing to work with them to stop their true enemy, Sky Net. Some of the humans want to tear them apart, but what about this 3rd faction? What do they want? Apparently, Weaver is part of this 3rd Faction, possibly leader, A faction of machines also fighting back. So here we have the two families as in Romeo & Juliet, Will their relationship unify the two factions against Sky Net, or will it fall apart into tatters to be crushed by Sky Net?

This relationship of John & Cameron is very important to the story Josh Friedman and his team of writer's presented to us. It only remains to see where it goes from here on in. We still have so many questions that need answers.

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles REUNION

chrisdvanne_ Post # 24 | Monday, 02 Jan 2012 - 23:16
Ok
Quote (kaotic)
The challenge is just as important as the outburst from Cameron, imo. He wanted her to confirm what he already thought.

I just rewatched that scene and it seems you're right, not to mention the deleted scene i was not aware of, apologies smile

Born to Run :

If John was blatantly confused by the bed scene, we know from interviews that Friedman put in it a double meaning like he loves so much to : on one side it's a romantic scene but on the other side it's John cuting her open with a knife. The subjective side overwhelm the literal side of course.

Interesting parallel about Kyle's story, i didn't thought about it so far.

Every writer knows the weight of the opening and the closing scene/episode in a story; in this regard, the fact that S&D and BtR were about John/Cameron relation ship tells a lot about the real dramatic resource of TSCC.

kaotic Post # 25 | Monday, 02 Jan 2012 - 23:21
I believe that there is more to TSCC than just Jameron. Some people are so focused on that one aspect of the program they miss out on the greater picture.

There could be some truth to that. John and Cameron's relationship is definitely what hooked me and make me watch every week, but I enjoyed everything in the show save for one or two things (mostly the three dot stuff).

This relationship of John & Cameron is very important to the story Josh Friedman and his team of writer's presented to us. It only remains to see where it goes from here on in. We still have so many questions that need answers.

I agree completely with the rest of your post. Sadly, the story will never be finished and we'll never have answers. All we have is our fanfictions.

Message edited by kaotic - Monday, 02 Jan 2012, 23:21

kaotic Post # 26 | Monday, 02 Jan 2012 - 23:27
@chris

If John was blatantly confused by the bed scene,

Sorry man, I'm not exactly sure what you mean here and what it's a reply to.

Message edited by kaotic - Monday, 02 Jan 2012, 23:30

chrisdvanne_ Post # 27 | Monday, 02 Jan 2012 - 23:31
I don't think (i hope) even hard-core jameronites deny there is more to TSCC than just John/Cameron story; that would be an insult to Friedman's and the others writers writing.

Indeed, a lot of unanswered questions in TSCC revolves about Cameron and Jonh relationship, especially in the future; it wouldn't be that important if there was so much thing in TSCC revolving about that : you mentioned Jesse arc story but Cameron coming back (by herself) is related to it imo.
Automatic for the People s02ep02:
Cameron : "You risked your life to fix me, that was a very dangerous thing to do, that could upset people"
John : "They'll have to deal with it"
Cameron : "NOT THEM"

Quote (kaotic)
I'm not exactly sure what you mean here.

Juts that he had feeling for her, like when a man is confused by his feeling for a woman.

kaotic Post # 28 | Monday, 02 Jan 2012 - 23:32
Juts that he had feeling for her, like when a man is confused by his feeling for a woman.

Oh, okay. smile

edit: I'll see you guys later.

P.S. Welcome to the Wiki of Awesomeness, kaotic!

Thank you! smile

Message edited by kaotic - Monday, 02 Jan 2012, 23:50

wolverine13 Post # 29 | Monday, 02 Jan 2012 - 23:43
Quote (chrisdvanne)

Funny thing is that i've been asked yesterday (not on the Wiki) if there was was Jameron fans on the wiki; to what i replied (quote myself) : i'm afraid so, but i don't really know since we don't discuss that matter on a specific thread.

i wonder who ask you that? biggrin

what i think about jameron???hmmm...... let me say that was one(jameron) of the two(terminator franchise fan) reasons who made ​​me watch the series!!!

Quote (kaotic)
I don't really give a crap about what the "haters" say. John and Cameron was a canon ship, it happened, and it was frakking awesome!

exactly.....!!!!

chrisdvanne_ Post # 30 | Tuesday, 03 Jan 2012 - 00:06
Quote (wolverine13)
i wonder who ask you that?

At least you could testify i didn't made up that story biggrin
Funny coincidence indeed and i hope that pleases you that we can discuss about John/Cameron relationship on the Summer Glau wiki.

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Terminator the Sarah Connor Chronicles » Site poll: What do you think about Jameron? (A thread to discuss site poll question.)
Search: