menu
person
Welcome to summer-glau.com, your fan source for all things Summer on the web. Browse around the site and visit our growing GALLERY housing over 65,000 photos. Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter and Facebook and be sure to visit the site again!
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Terminator the Sarah Connor Chronicles » What was the best Cameron fighting scene in TSCC?
What was the best Cameron fighting scene in TSCC?
What was the best Cameron fighting scene in TSCC?
The1Russter Post # 16 | Saturday, 08 Oct 2011 - 00:20
Group: Writer
I think for me the Cameron vs Rosie fight stands out for much all the reasons mentioned above.
1) More evenly matched - similar build possible same model.
2) Fight could go either way - similar moves actions/reactions.
3) Catfight aspect to it - Nice one Termi!

That aside, in fights with larger masculine terminators, Cameron tends to rely more on intelligence than direct confrontation. I imagine it would be easier for a large machine like Vick or Stark to crush or bend or break the mechanical parts that make up Cameron's endo-skeleton. She tries to get under her opponents and either throw them or shove them through walls, or get them into a position where she can hold them down and disable them, aka remove or destroy their chips. Wasn't necessary with Carter as they had a ready made tomb for him and they took the key. Destruction of Cromartie necessary. Far better with everyone their to entrap him and destroy his chip and remove the direct threat to Connor's life.

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles REUNION

Message edited by The1Russter - Saturday, 08 Oct 2011, 00:22

Blazius Post # 17 | Saturday, 08 Oct 2011 - 00:51
Group: Friends
Quote (termi-ninja-tor)
Thinking about this a little more, I realized that one aspect of the Rosie fight that appealed to me was that Cameron and Rosie seemed to be very similar and could have been the same model endoskeleton. They did things simultaneously, like opening the doors, etc. Because of this, I had the impression that these two could be evenly matched physically, and the winner would depend on who was the smarter fighter. Clearly, Cameron.

Also, the fact that both combatants were female skins gave the fight an aspect of being a "cat fight," something that made it a little more interesting for me.

I agree that the fact that Rosie may be a similar or even more advanced model(Cam didn't have self destruct chip mechanism) made Camerons victory sweeter. I wonder if its the result of her evolving towards sentiency.

Maybe she won because she starts to actually think during battle and is not limited to the preprogrammed strategies. Thats what I felt during the whole battle.

I'm not that great fan of the catfight aspect through. One of Summers most appealing aspect for me is that in her roles she is able to defeat the odds and defeat more stronger enemies with ease and she is on par or even surpassing her male counterparts(like she does with the bulkier "male" Terminators too). I think its very badass(that makes River so badass too).

Quote (The1Russter)
That aside, in fights with larger masculine terminators, Cameron tends to rely more on intelligence than direct confrontation. I imagine it would be easier for a large machine like Vick or Stark to crush or bend or break the mechanical parts that make up Cameron's endo-skeleton. She tries to get under her opponents and either throw them or shove them through walls, or get them into a position where she can hold them down and disable them, aka remove or destroy their chips. Wasn't necessary with Carter as they had a ready made tomb for him and they took the key. Destruction of Cromartie necessary. Far better with everyone their to entrap him and destroy his chip and remove the direct threat to Connor's life.

Yes, she seems to be much smarter than the rest but a bit weaker so she tries to outwit them rather than just smashing, a bit like the TX in T3( although Cameron is waaaaaay cooler)

I'm not saying it didn't make strategically more sense to ambush Cromartie and kill him from afar with the plot device gun but it wasn't as cool as a melee duel between him and Cameron would be IMO.

Summer Glau is so awesome, it isn't even funny!
Blood for the Blood God! Skulls for the Skull Throne!

Chris Post # 18 | Wednesday, 09 Nov 2011 - 01:56
I liked the Rosie Cameron fight for the same reasons that everyone has highlighted seeing Cameron's domination over an equally matched machine where she could stand and match her power but out think her at the same time showed how different Cameron was the the other machines the same with her fight against Myron Stark she fights with more thought then the other machines which she showed against Cromartie at the start as well where she smashed him through the floor as he was beating on her then deactivated him with the power cable.

As for the end fight against Cromartie while it wasn't as exciting as eveyone would have liked it to have been I believe in part it had a lot to do with Cameron taking advantage of her allies and seeking to avoid damage to herself as she has been in more fights then any of the other Terminators we have ever seen in the movies or TV show in addition to a car bomb that damaged her chip and body heavily. Later on John says she has damage deep in her arm which she would have been aware of so while disappointing I'm not surprised that Cameron would have sought to reduce her damage taken unless she needed to be damaged to protect John

chrisdvanne_ Post # 19 | Tuesday, 17 Apr 2012 - 18:23
Group: Administrators
I uploaded on Youtube the Director's Cut from Terminator : The Sarah Connor Chronicles S01E05 "Queen's Gambit" featuring Summer Glau battling against Terminator Vick.
Join the director and the stunt crew as they show you how Cameron can handle pliers like no one else.

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

Message edited by chrisdvanne - Tuesday, 17 Apr 2012, 18:56

speedcreed114 Post # 20 | Sunday, 08 Jul 2012 - 02:32
My favorite escene is the battle betwen Cameron and T-888 Vick xD

Alex Post # 21 | Sunday, 08 Jul 2012 - 03:33
Group: Bloggers
The Cameron vs. Rosie fight was my favourite because of the background they provided plus I thought the way the fight was choreographed was really good. Those two worked so hard. I think it was also the longest fight too.

If you are going through Hell, keep going.

chrisdvanne_ Post # 22 | Monday, 09 Jul 2012 - 08:13
Quote Alex
The Cameron vs. Rosie fight was my favourite because of the background they provided plus I thought the way the fight was choreographed was really good. Those two worked so hard. I think it was also the longest fight too.

chrisdvanne_ Post # 23 | Monday, 09 Jul 2012 - 08:31
Shirley manson talked about her role in TSCC with New Zealand's national broadcaster TVNZ, back in the days; the interviewer asked her about fights with other Terminators, including Summer Glau :

You are a much more advanced model of Terminator, right? Do you get to kick some serious butt?
Not so much yet. The Terminator I play is top of the range so she can pretty much morph into anyone or anything she wants, and can annihilate at will, which is exciting. But the problem with being top of your series is she doesn't need to get her hands dirty, which might be the only downside to my character! I'd like some action scenes but we'll see. I do know my trainer has started having me box a lot more on the off-chance they're going to ask me to do some stunts.

Will you ever have a girl fight with Summer Glau?
Some Terminator action? I have noticed that all the Terminators on the show want to meet the other Terminators, we're always making hints that it would be great fun to have us all take our super powers against each other. But if I got into a fight with any of the other Terminators I'd waste them.

Could you waste Summer do you think?
I could waste Cameron.

In real life?
She's tiny. But in real life I'm sure Summer could kick my ass well and truly.

Read full article at TVNZ

Fox012 Post # 24 | Tuesday, 10 Jul 2012 - 04:32
Group: Users
no doubt Weaver would had wasted Cameron in a 1VS1 Fight that Terminator Disguised as the Water Delivery Guy almost kicked her a$$

"I saw the victims of a senseless crime, I was reminded that we don’t know when or where our time on Earth will end. When or where we will breathe our last breath." -- Jessica "Redfield" Ghawi

REG Post # 25 | Tuesday, 10 Jul 2012 - 12:43
my favorite fight is Cameron vs Vick. simply for the fact that Vick being a T-888 is an older and slower model so it didn't really have a chance against Cameron biggrin

No power in the 'verse can stop me.

Message edited by REG - Tuesday, 10 Jul 2012, 13:02

chrisdvanne_ Post # 26 | Friday, 12 Oct 2012 - 14:54
Ever wondered how the special effect department did this to Cromartie, played by Owain Yeoman in the pilot :

Well, they used a life sized Cromartie apparently :

This item is a life size body of Cromartie (Owain Yeoman,) the terminator which is sent into the past to kill John Connor (Thomas Dekker) in the 2008 TV series Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles. The impressive piece can be seen in the pilot episode as Cromartie is hit by a truck, just before shooting John and fulfilling his mission. The piece is composed of foam latex over a metal frame. The body is fully clothed featuring black boots, black pants, brown leather belt, gray t-shirt, and a green button-up shirt, matching the actor's costume. All of the uncovered body parts, face, neck, and hands, are made of silicone and crafted to match the actor's look and skin tone, whereas the covered parts are foam latex. At the right thigh, the pants are slightly torn on the side revealing a large wound and part of an interior metal skeleton, revealing the character as a true terminator! The right arm, due to heavy production distressing, has been replaced with a rubber casting of the right arm. This amazingly lifelike piece stands 77" (196cm) tall on an attached sturdy black platform.

Cromartie (Owain Yeoman) Life Size TerminatorCromartie (Owain Yeoman) Life Size TerminatorCromartie (Owain Yeoman) Life Size TerminatorCromartie (Owain Yeoman) Life Size Terminator
Cromartie (Owain Yeoman) Life Size Terminator

Source : Prop Store

chrisdvanne_ Post # 27 | Wednesday, 28 Nov 2012 - 08:48
She's just a machine! by xWPrisonLoveMx

The title reminds me of a FOX promo clip for Terminator : The Sarah Connor Chronicles focusing on Cameron.

Cameron : She's a machine with killer looks - TSCC Promo

chrisdvanne_ Post # 28 | Tuesday, 28 May 2013 - 22:14
Good compilation of fight scenes from TSCC and Terminator 3:

ogy86 Post # 29 | Thursday, 30 May 2013 - 00:31
Cameron vs. Rosie. The girl was incredibly flexible - when Cameron twisted and stretched her limbs. And it was very sexy and funny fight - when the family entered the elevator and the girls pretend that nothing is happening biggrin

This is Cam: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNu7pi9glR4
Save TSCC!: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2Pty7PD … r_embedded
Summer Glau a WuShu: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1BMqNYOyFU

chrisdvanne_ Post # 30 | Monday, 17 Jun 2013 - 12:08
Cameron being badass in TSCC 2x22 Born To Run

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Terminator the Sarah Connor Chronicles » What was the best Cameron fighting scene in TSCC?
Search: