Latest Photos

Check out the latest additions to our ever expanding GALLERY hosting over 65,000 photos!

New messages Members Forum rules Search

Page 2 of 4«1234»
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Off Topic » The Water Cooler » Heroes (Where we can talk about the show Heroes)
Heroes
Date: Wednesday, 15 Jan 2014, 23:15 GMT | Message # 16

Friends

Really I believe he was in season 1. I remember seeing him. Because in season two Claire moves towns and goes to a different school...
And I believe Thomas was filming TSCC during season 2 of heroes.... I think..... 
Hiro was by far the best! And I did like Niki (The multiple personality girl...lady.. O.o)

☮"Just because no one has been fortunate enough to realize how wonderful you are, doesn't mean you shine any less." - Summer Glau☮

Date: Thursday, 16 Jan 2014, 02:21 GMT | Message # 17

Friends

# 16  Apparently by all accounts "Thomas Dekker"s manager threatened to pull him from the show because he was up for the John Connor role in The Sarah Connor Chronicles and she didn"t want him playing a gay character because it might effect Fox"s interest in hiring him. It got really ugly. I think there was an unfortunate miscommunication about the script regarding Zach (Thomas Dekker), At least we got our John Connor so it was a happy ending after all the commotion.

Date: Thursday, 16 Jan 2014, 04:17 GMT | Message # 18

Friends

Wait, Zach was gay? What? (Not that there's anything wrong with that)

☮"Just because no one has been fortunate enough to realize how wonderful you are, doesn't mean you shine any less." - Summer Glau☮

Date: Thursday, 16 Jan 2014, 11:36 GMT | Message # 19

Site Admin

Quote TerminatorEmily ()
Really I believe he was in season 1. I remember seeing him.

After all these years I finally realize I saw Thomas Dekker in Heroes without really noticing him at the time. Most importantely, I honestly thought I saw him for the first time in TSCC. Shame on me. LOL

After Thomas Dekker was hired in TSCC and I started to learn more about his career, I read his character in Heroes was supposed to be gay, but I didn't know it was that ugly. Thanks for the explanation robbo.

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

Date: Sunday, 09 Feb 2014, 03:19 GMT | Message # 20

Friends

TV Characters Who Just Won"t Stay Dead /  Nathan Petrelli ( Heroes )

Nathan Petrelli ( Heroes )

No Heroes season finale was complete until poor flying politician Nathan had died in some new, spectacular fashion. Season one: death by nuclear explosion via his over-super-powered brother Peter. Season two: death by assassination. Season three: death by throat-slitting. The latter did finally actually kill him, but Sylar (Zachary Quinto) then took on his likeness, and he spent most of season four as a weird Nathan-Sylar hybrid before finally throwing himself off a building to stop the seemingly endless cycle of resurrection . And who can blame him?

Via: Digital Spy

Date: Tuesday, 11 Feb 2014, 02:04 GMT | Message # 21

Friends

Unsung TV Characters Who Completely Save Their Show /  Hiro Nakamura - Heroes

Hiro Nakamura - Heroes

Heroes was a show that took the school conversation, "What superpower would you have?" to the extreme, and pushing it through a mangle. This was a show that taught us the horror of superpowers, through Claire, whose body repaired any injury - she once woke up on an autopsy table - to Isaac, who"d shoot heroin and paint the future. These were characters who didn"t want to be special: they just wanted a normal life.

That is, they all did apart from Japanese office worker Hiro Nakamura, who could bend the space/time continuum. His childlike glee was a breath of much-needed fresh air, and his self-imposed quest to be a hero was literally the only resonance any character had with the show"s title.

So many protagonists, such as Petrelli brothers Nathan and Peter, invisible man Claude and mind-reader cop Matt would revel in the negativity of their superpowers, but Hiro felt blessed to have been given his gift. He may have been seen as a token comedy creation to begin with, but he soon played more and more of a part in the series, and without him, it would have been a depressing ride.

That was of course until most characters lost their powers, or chose not to use them. Hiro discovered his power had given him a brain tumour, and the show did take that turn for the depressing. Hiro was found mostly brooding, rather than eating overwhelming quantities of waffles, and the slow march to cancellation was neither surprising nor unwanted in the end.

Via: WC

Date: Monday, 17 Feb 2014, 03:34 GMT | Message # 22

Friends

TV Shows That Would Have Been Great As One-Season Wonders / 1. Heroes

Heroes is the ultimate example of a show that started off amazingly strong only to tumble from its heights all the way to audience disinterest and cancellation. Considering what we got in Chapter One, we should have had four years of phenomenal television but alas it wasn"t to be. But in the context of this article, Heroes has to be number one, because while other shows end up with many unanswered questions at the end of season one, Heroes first year tied everything up perfectly.

It all came down to that ultimate showdown with Sylar in Kirby Plaza, a battle that would alter the terrible events presented in the stunning episode "Five Year Gone" (and surely the ultimate tribute to X-Men"s Days Of Future Past story line). Hiro, Peter, Nikki and Claire fulfill their roles as heroes and save the city of New York from destruction. Take out the whole "Hiro gets flung back into Feudal Japan" cliff hanger and there are virtually no big unanswered questions.

Heroes ultimately failed in its master plan. It didn"t deliver on the promise of Genesis, partly due to the writer"s strike of 2007 derailing season two and the schizophrenic "throw everything into the pan" nature of season three. As great as he was, Sylar just kept turning up again and again, Hiro (incredibly) became annoying, we never truly got the super hero versus super villain showdown we waiting for. Season four just couldn"t hit those season one heights despite a solid attempt. Had Heroes ended with season one, fans would have lamented its passing but it would have been remembered with praise not disappointment.

I guess the moral of this article is that sometimes be careful what you wish for. While some shows continue to build and build on the strengths of season one, others never deliver on their promise.

Date: Sunday, 23 Feb 2014, 08:26 GMT | Message # 23

Site Admin

NBC orders "Heroes Reborn," a 13-episode miniseries for 2015.

NBC orders 'Heroes Reborn,' a 13-episode miniseries for 2015

Via press release:

Heroes Reborn is set to make its debut in 2015 as an “event miniseries” with original creator and executive producer Tim Kring in charge of its rebirth. The show has a 13-episode order.

“The enormous impact ‘Heroes’ had on the television landscape when it first launched in 2006 was eye-opening,” said NBC Entertainment President Jennifer Salke in a press release.

She continued, “Shows with that kind of resonance don’t come around often and we thought it was time for another installment. We’re thrilled that visionary creator Tim Kring was as excited about jumping back into this show as we were and we look forward to all the new textures and layers Tim plans to add to his original concept. Until we get closer to air in 2015, the show will be appropriately shrouded in secrecy, but we won’t rule out the possibility of some of the show’s original cast members popping back in.”

Check out the first promo here:

Date: Monday, 24 Feb 2014, 00:36 GMT | Message # 24

Friends

# 23  Awesome news for the Heroes fan-club. should be quite interesting who they get back in the fold. all the same looking forward to Heroes Reborn. just goes to show they can fetch these shows back from the dead. whenever it suits the shirt and ties clan from way above the realm. The superpowers are back with a vengeance! great news. smile

Date: Tuesday, 25 Feb 2014, 23:56 GMT | Message # 25

Friends

Badass Moments From TV Characters You Never Expected

Claire Tries To Kill Peter In The Future - Heroes

As the show progressed, it became apparent that Heroes was running out of ideas, it took until the third season for the show"s creator, Tim Kring, to truly revel in the amorality that come from developing superpowers, after all.

Claire Bennet was the first character to be seen in Season 3, albeit a version of her from the future, no longer an innocent, blonde cheerleader, she had darker hair, a scowl, and was prepared to kill the show"s protagonist Peter Petrelli. Peter felt that if he travelled back in time to prevent people finding out about special abilities, the special people wouldn"t be tested on in experiments or camps. Claire didn"t care about that, and shot him, though Peter froze time before the bullet reached him (come on, nobody dies in Heroes).

It was a shock for fans. Claire was morally dependable in the show, always one of the good guys without question. More to the point, she was only there to end up in fatal accidents and whine about how she wanted a normal life. It"s typical that the one time she was actually cool, it didn"t count because it was in a future that never happened.

Date: Thursday, 20 Mar 2014, 02:59 GMT | Message # 26

Friends

Heroes: Where Are They Now? Could They Return For Season 5?

Heroes cast

Greg Grunberg (Matt Parkman)

After spending time as mind reading cop Matt Parkman on Heroes, Greg Grunberg went on to guest star in some other notable shows like Hawaii Five-O, Psych, and The Client List, as well as doing voice work in video games such as L.A. Noire and Halo: Reach. Grunberg was last seen in the fun throwback creature feature Big Ass Spider.

Should He Return? At the end of the show"s run, Matt Parkman was just trying to live a normal life with his family and remove himself from all of the chaos. Let him have what he wants.

Will He Return? With several projects in post-production and nothing slated at the moment, Grunberg"s schedule frees him up for a return, and the actor really hasn"t had much success since the series ended. It"s likely that Grunberg would be willing to return.

Ali Larter (Niki Sanders/Tracy Strauss

Larter had the good fortune of getting two shots. Since the show has wrapped, Ali has fought for Beyonce"s man in Obsessed and brought video game vixen Claire Redfield to life in two Resident Evil movies. Next up, Larter will return to TV this summer for TNT miniseries, Legends, in which she"ll play an FBI agent who is a part of the Deep Cover Operations.

Should She Return? After Niki Sanders was written out of the show, they gave Larter a new character in Tracy Strauss, who could mimic water and freeze objects. Tracy was a government employee, so it could be fun to see her popping up supporting some new politician character in a new season, but it"s not wholly necessary.

Will She Return? If Legends becomes a hit, It"s highly unlikely, but who knows?

James Kyson Lee (Ando Masahashi)

After breaking out as a sidekick on the show, Korean born actor Lee has earned some other television work on shows Hawaii Five-O and a guest stint on the most recent season of FX"s Justified. Lee is currently in the midst of filming horror flick Misiriou.

Should He Return? Lee was nothing more but a befuddled, non-powered sidekick. His return would solely hinge on Hiro"s.

Will He Return? Justified seems like a pretty good gig, but if Oka returns, I"m sure Ando will be along for the ride.

Masi Oka (Hiro Nakamura)

Masi Oka used the series as his main vehicle to stardom, and after the show he earned a plum spot in the Steve Carrell-led Get Smart and also popped up in Friends With Benefits, and the Steve Jobs biopic, Jobs. Currently, Oka is apart of the main cast of Hawaii Five-O as Dr. Max Bergman, the Honolulu Police Department"s Chief Medical Examiner.

Should He Return? Hiro was a key element of Heroes, and his time travel abilities and ability to see and create alternate timelines could help bridge a connection to a new, rebooted series. But after the Kensei and Charlie storylines, is there really that much left to do with Hiro?

Will He Return? As long as he"s on Hawaii Five-O, I"d say the prospect isn"t good.

Jack Coleman (Noah Bennet)

After becoming a fan favorite, dubbed HRG (for his signature horn-rimmed glasses), Jack Coleman stuck at NBC playing Angela"s promiscuous husband the Senator, on The Office. Coleman has gone on to get a significant amount of television work since on shows like The Vampire Diaries, Castle, Burn Notice, and most recently, ABC"s Scandal. He"ll be back this season playing baddie Senator Bracken on Castle.

Should He Return? Personally, Noah Bennet was my favorite character, so I"d love to see him back. If the show is going to continue with shady characters locating and rounding up special people, I think Bennet could slide back into the proceedings seamlessly and establish a strong connection to the show"s pervious iteration.

Will He Return? With him having a few running characters on competing network"s shows, I wouldn"t count on it.

Hayden Panettiere (Claire Bennet)

"Save the cheerleader, save the world!" became the go-to catchphrase for the series, and the cheerleader, Hatden Panettiere, went on to achieve the most post-Heroes success (although she"s been successful in Hollywood since the age of 5). Since the show ended, she"s starred in flicks like I Love You, Beth Cooper, the documentary The Cove, and slasher flick Scream 4. Currently, she"s the lead on ABC"s Nashville, displaying her singing talents as country artist Juliette Barnes. She"ll next be seen in the feature, Over The Wall.

Should She Return? Claire was a focal point of the original show"s run, and if we were picking up where we left up, she"d absolutely be needed. But seeing as how Heroes will most likely be rebooted, there probably will be no need for Claire. Besides, I"m sure we"ll have someone else pick up the annoying "I just want to be normal!" mantle.

Will she return? Nashville is running strong, so my guess is no.

Milo Ventimiglia (Peter Petrelli)

As lead and go-to good guy Peter, Milo Ventimiglia really made a name for himself. He earned a role as Rocky Balboa"s son in Rocky Balboa, starred in Armored, popped up in Grown Ups 2 and is set to star in Heat, a remake of the 1986 Burt Reynolds film. On TV, Milo appeared on TNT"s Mob City and starred in Chosen, an original series by streaming service Crackle, that has been renewed for a third season. He"s slated next to appear in the alien invasion drama The Visitors.

Should He Return? Peter"s boring aspects as a character could be blamed for getting the show canned in the first place. Let someone else play protagonist.

Will He Return? If The Visitors is a hit, he"ll be unable. Regardless, I wouldn"t expect him anyway, unless it"s just a small cameo.

Adrian Pasdar (Nathan Petrelli)

As morally grey politician Nathan, Adrian Pasdar reintroduced himself to TV audiences after a productive period in the "90s. Since Heroes, Pasdar has done some menial TV work, appearing on Castle and ABC Family"s The Lying Game. Pasdar seems more interested in being a hero, voicing a slew of characters for animated Marvel properties, most significantly voicing Tony Stark/Iron Man in six different productions. He"ll next be seen as Colonel Talbot on Marvel"s Agents Of SHIELD.

Should He Return? Seeing how the real Nathan was killed in season three and only had his consciousness alive as apart of Sylar, no.

Will He Return? Being the voice of Iron Man must be a ton of fun, but maybe Pasdar is itching to get heroic again in person on screen (his Agents of SHIELD character is a bit of a heel). Still. without involvement from Sylar or the other Petrelli"s, I wouldn"t see the point.

Cristine Rose (Angela Petrelli)

As the secretive Petrelli matriarch and precognitive dreamer Angela Petrelli, Cristine Rose always seemed to know more than what she let on. Since Heroes cancellation, she"s mained relatively quiet, only popping up in some guest spots on The Mentalist, Private Practice, A&E"s Longmire, and a recurring spot on How I Met Your Mother as Virginia Mosby. She also appeared in the independent picture Take Me Home. She"ll next appear in the comedy Muffin Top: A Love Story.

Should She Return? Angela is a part of the mythology because of her involvement with Primatech. If the series decides to play with its twisted backstory, she"d be valuable.

Will She Return? She seems to have the free time, so it"s possible she could come back in some sort of guest/recurring capacity.

Zachary Quinto (Sylar)

Arguably the biggest breakout star from the series, Zachary Quinto got to chew up scenery as main baddie Sylar. After Heroes earned him recognition, he landed the coveted role of Spock in the rebooted Star Trek film series, and he also appeared on two seasons of the successful anthology series American Horror Story. He"s slated next to appear in Agent 47, another attempt at a film adaptation of the video game series Hitman.

Should He Return? Probably not, as Quinto has bigger fish to fry and Sylar grew stale, going from good to bad to good countless times, as the series reached its end. Surely the show will try and create a new, even bigger, villain. Then again, as the most iconic character, he might owe us a brief appearance.

Will He Return? I wouldn"t bet on it, but maybe in a cameo capacity.

Sendhil Ramamurthy (Mohinder Suresh)

As scientist Mohinder, Sendhil Ramamurthy continued his father"s work of uncovering the genetic evolution that led to people developing super powers. After his time on the show ended, he starred in Hindi film Shor In The City, and appeared in American films The Slammin" Salmon and the Kristen Bell-vehicle The Lifeguard. On TV, he popped up on Psych, CSI: Miami, The Office, and he can currently be seen on the CW"s Beauty & The Beast.

Should He Return? Mohinder was always one of the weaker characters on the show, but due to his connection to discovering people"s abilities, his utilization in a rebooted form of the show could make sense.

Will He Return? As part of the cast of Beauty & The Beast, his time for other projects is limited, but this is still his most recognized work to date, so maybe he"d make time if Kring and Co. came calling.

Via: Den of Geek

Date: Wednesday, 16 Apr 2014, 22:30 GMT | Message # 27

Friends

Heroes Reborn Prequel Digital Series Announced

With 13 all-new episodes of Heroes Reborn headed our way in 2015, NBC has now announced a prequel digital series.

The Heroes Reborn: Digital Series will be the first of NBC"s new online video initiative that was announced earlier today, reports EW.com. 

"It"s exciting to bring original content to the forefront on all of our digital platforms,"said Robert Hayes, Executive Vice President, Digital Media, NBC Entertainment. "We are lucky to once again be in business with some of the top producers in Hollywood making new content to further engage fans."

No plot details were made known about either the new Heroes Reborn series or the Digital Series, but previous details mentioned a new character and story would be featured.

Via: CBN

Date: Thursday, 02 Oct 2014, 02:43 GMT | Message # 28

Friends

10 TV Shows Ruined By Their Own Popularity

10) Heroes:

It"s easy to forget how unforgivable some of the later developments were, but the first season of Heroes was utter brilliance. Coming at a time when then-king of TV Lost was going through a rough patch (unless you loved the meaning of tattoos), this ensemble drama about regular people suddenly gifted superpowers boasted some of the most tightly written plotting we"d seen on network TV. Tying together a myriad of plots together through its twenty-three episode run, culminating in a literally explosive finale, it quickly became a fan favourite. 

The writers strike certainly affected the show in Season 2, with its storyline cut short and rushed plot points introduced that would take whole other seasons to right, but the real issue was series creator Tim Kring not having a game plan to deal with the incredible popularity. Although hints were dropped about where the story would go after the first run (feudal Japan, something about a virus), the general idea wasn"t set and thus things began to seem sloppy. 

And when the fans registered their disappointment things only got worse. The average second season was followed by a terrible third that bolted through convoluted plots in mere episodes, constantly trying to invoke the great early episodes (yet another exploding man, yet another trip to the future) without ever coming close to them in terms of quality. 

There"s a reboot of sorts, Heroes: Reborn, arriving next year. Here"s hoping that lessons will be learned in the extended break. 

Date: Thursday, 02 Oct 2014, 07:07 GMT | Message # 29

Site Admin

If you're a fan of Heroes and Summer Glau, you have to read this: Little Known Fact about Summer involving Heroes and TSCC

Date: Thursday, 11 Dec 2014, 03:17 GMT | Message # 30

Friends

TV Shows That Should Have Run For Ever

Heroes:

Although Heroes had found itself slipping in the ratings after four seasons, few people expected it to be suddenly canned half-way through a major story arc.
The show-which was, for a time, one of the most popular shows in the world - featured a world in which superpowers were real - and supervillains were too.
It hustled in years' worth of supernatural, horror-based, and fantasy shows that were to clog up our screens for seasons to come, and many were disappointed that the daddy of them all didn't get a chance to reach it's full potential.
The good news, though? Heroes will be back as an event mini-series called 'Heroes Reborn' that's due for release at some point next year - whether we'll get the answers we're looking for remains to be seen, but settling in with some old friends can never be a bad thing.

Via: MovieSeum

Hollywood Entertainment Museum Honors NBC's 'Heroes

Writer Tim Kring, actors Hayden Panettiere, Leonard Roberts, Sendhil Ramamurthy, James Kyson Lee, Dania Ramirez, Jack Coleman, Greg Grunberg, and Cristine Rose attend the Hollywood Entertainment Museum's Hollywood Legacy Awards XI held at the Esquire House Hollywood Hills on November 11, 2008 in Los Angeles, California.

Hollywood Entertainment Museum Honors NBC's 'HeroesHollywood Entertainment Museum Honors NBC's 'HeroesHollywood Entertainment Museum Honors NBC's 'Heroes
Hollywood Entertainment Museum Honors NBC's 'HeroesHollywood Entertainment Museum Honors NBC's 'HeroesHollywood Entertainment Museum Honors NBC's 'Heroes

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Off Topic » The Water Cooler » Heroes (Where we can talk about the show Heroes)
Page 2 of 4«1234»
Search: