MCM Hannover Comic Con
May 20-21, 2017

MCM London Comic Con
May 26-28, 2017

MCM Belfast Comic Con
June 24-25, 2017

MCM Ireland Comic Con
July 1-2, 2017

The OFFICIAL Summer Glau Appreciation Page!
By chrisdvanne

Ron Glass, 'Shepherd Book' in Firefly, dies at 71
By chrisdvanne

Misc. News on Pilots and Series
By chrisdvanne

The Happy Birthday thread
By KevinInEngland

Photos of celebrities from the Glau-verse & beyond
By chrisdvanne

Interesting about the franchise and other TSCC things
By chrisdvanne

The Secret History of The Beast Wizard in TSCC via io9
By KevinInEngland

Misc. News on Movies and other Tidbits
By KevinInEngland

Lost Wiki header for The Cape Wiki
By chrisdvanne

The official funny thread
By chrisdvanne

New comments

Admirator on: Fan-made video reminds us why we love Summer

Александр XF on: GQ Photo shoot update

Admirator on: New candid picture of Summer

chrisdvanne on: New candid picture of Summer

Admirator on: New candid picture of Summer

chrisdvanne on: New candid picture of Summer

chrisdvanne on: GQ Photo shoot update

ec039 on: GQ Photo shoot update

New videos

00:05:42

00:01:20

New Forum Posts Members Forum Rules Search

Page 1 of 41234»
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Off Topic » The Water Cooler » Heroes (Where we can talk about the show Heroes)
Heroes
Date: Wednesday, 2013 Apr 03, 02:29 GMT | Message # 1

Friends

Hello, so to start this topic off I will post a video I made of one of my favourite characters.

☮"Just because no one has been fortunate enough to realize how wonderful you are, doesn't mean you shine any less." - Summer Glau☮

Date: Friday, 2013 Apr 05, 03:31 GMT | Message # 2

Friends

mixed reviews over heroes the series but i thought it was very entertaining, unlike many i never saw HEROES taking this massive dive in quality post-season 1, which lets be frank wasnt as perfect as so many claim it was. the show had potential left with villain sylar out to redeem himself and especially after the season 4 finale where claire jumps off a ferris wheel to heal in front of tv cameras, exposing the super-powered among us. a major movie or even mini-series would be the capper to bring the story to its conclusion and give fans closure while also possibly redeeming it to many. after all a bigger budget would allow them to do the big action stuff NBC wouldnt allow and finally let HEROES soar once more and make its legacy more meaningful. but i would after say i do like these sort of super-power shows for instance 4400, ALPHAS. i thought it might have earned a 5th season but wasnt to be,

Date: Friday, 2013 Apr 05, 09:10 GMT | Message # 3

Site Admin

Pretty much what robbo said.

I watch the first season and second season because I'm a fan of these super heroes tv shows and this one had it all. I got lost when too many people seemed to be related to each other. I have not seen Thomas Dekker in the show, in which season did his character appear on the show exactly?

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

Date: Friday, 2013 Apr 05, 15:25 GMT | Message # 4

Friends

he played a character called zach, he was a high school classmate of claire, they hung around together they were very close friends, but zach was only in 12 episodes in season 1, 2006-2007, smile

Date: Friday, 2013 Apr 05, 16:01 GMT | Message # 5

Friends

trying to get my head round the fact that the HEROES producers wanted thomas dekker to play a gay character in the show, but for career reasons they changed the storyline of the character zach, the producer said we were definitely going down that route making him a gay character and having a big role in claires life sort of teaching her to come out about her ability, making it a fun piece of storytelling, but the script had to be changed because thomas dekkers manager threatened to pull him from the show, because he was up for the john connor role in THE SARAH CONNOR CHRONICLES, his manager didnt want him to play a gay character because it might affect fox`s interest in giving him the part, apparently it got real awkward and ugly.

Date: Friday, 2013 Apr 19, 01:30 GMT | Message # 6

Friends

`heroes`to be revived by MSN, X-BOX, heroes may return as part of a new programming initiative by MSN a report suggests. the cult drama could be revived, with msn looking to launch original programming via its X-BOX entertainment studio, according to TVLINE, the revamped heroes would focus primarily on new characters, with the original cast- which included the likes of hayden panettiere and milo ventimiglia- potentially making cameo appearances. talks regarding the revival are currently said to be in the early stages. heroes originally premiered on NBC in september 2006, airing four seasons before drawing to a close in february 2010, following the shows cancellation, there were rumours of a possible tv movie or mini-series to wrap up storylines, though no such project ever materialised.

Date: Monday, 2013 Jul 08, 03:01 GMT | Message # 7

Friends

milo ventimiglia birthday 36 today, born milo anthony ventimiglia july 8, 1977 in anaheim, california, USA,  best known for playing the part of peter petrelli, in heroes `tv series` 2006-- 2010, which had four wonderful seasons before the show which eventually got cancelled,

Date: Wednesday, 2013 Aug 21, 02:35 GMT | Message # 8

Friends

Hayden Panettiere birthday 24 today, born on 21st august 1989, in Palisades, New York, USA.

Hayden is most remembered for her part in `Heroes` tv series 2006--2010, as Claire Bennet who portrays a high-school cheerleader, also had a best friend called Zach, who was played by Thomas Dekker. Hayden now is starring in ABC musical drama `Nashville` as Juliette Barnes,  ABC bought the pilot as a series,

Hayden Panettiere as Claire Bennet, Thomas Dekker as Zach <br /> in 'Heroes'.
Hayden Panettiere as Claire
Bennet, Thomas Dekker as Zach
in 'Heroes'.
Hayden Panettiere billboard for 'Candie's' in Times Square, New York on 2008.
Hayden Panettiere
billboard for 'Candie's'
in Times Square,
New York on 2008.
Hayden Panettiere at Tarzan' Premiere in, NYC. 06/14/99.
Hayden Panettiere
at Tarzan' Premiere
in NYC. 06/14/99.

Date: Wednesday, 2013 Aug 21, 08:56 GMT | Message # 9

Site Admin

As I said previously, I've watched only the first season of Heroes, under the pressure of friends and family, which means I have not seen Thomas Dekker in Heroes.

The catchphrase attached to Hayden Panettiere's character Claire Bennett, "Save the Cheerleader, Save the World", is almost as cult as Arnold's catchphrase "Come with me if you want to live"?

Maybe it's just me, but one of Skylar Adams's line in Syfy's Alphas reminds me of Claire's catchphrase; in this scene from the second season finale, the women of Alphas are working together when Hicks comes into the room and Skylar (played by Summer Glau) teases Nina (Laura Mennell), under the amused looks of Rachel (Azita Ghanizada) and Kat (Erin Way). Skylar says "It's time to go save the world" at 0:30 of the video:

Date: Saturday, 2013 Oct 19, 02:33 GMT | Message # 10

Friends

Hayden Panettiere Confirms She`s Engaged. Sorry fellas, Hayden Panettiere has confirmed that she`s off the market and officially engaged to her on-again-off-again Olympic boxer boyfriend `Wladimir Klitschko, Trust us, you do not want to try to steal her away from him. partially because he`s a boxer, but mostly because he`s a Russian boxer. Panettiere confirmed the news via US Weekly on live With Kelly and Michael Oct 9, entering the sound stage with a boa constrictor around her neck and a giant diamond on her finger. `I`m sort of distracted, not just by the snake, but there`s a very large diamond ring on your finger. `I`m not sure if you want to announce anything --- does that signify anything, is that a promise of something, host Kelly Ripa teased on live television. To which Hayden coyly replied, `I mean, I think it speaks for itself, However, she eventually gave up the ghost when Ripa point-blank asked if she was engaged, to which a delighted newly un-single lady gushed, `I am, The couple first met in 2009 and rumors circulated back in March that they were engaged on the down low, but now we can report It`s official.

Date: Wednesday, 2013 Oct 30, 00:20 GMT | Message # 11

Friends

Hayden Panettiere `I Thought My Career Was Over After Heroes Axe` Hayden Panettiere has confessed that she thought her career was over after Heroes was axed. The actress - who played Claire Bennett on the NBC series between 2006 and 2010 - said that she went through a `huge transition` before joining Nashville. On the show`s 2010 cancellation, Panettiere told PA ` It hit me like a ton of bricks - there is a genuine possibility that no-one will ever take another chance on me. `That was an important gap between Heroes and this show, a huge transition to make gracefully. I don`t know how gracefully I did it, but somehow I did` She explained that Nashville provided her with `the perfect character` at the right time in her career. `Nashville was perfect timing with the perfect character` the 24-year-old added. `Juliette is so not the good girl that I played on Heroes.

Date: Wednesday, 2013 Oct 30, 00:46 GMT | Message # 12

Site Admin

Quote robbo ()
Hayden Panettiere `I Thought My Career Was Over After Heroes Axe`

Heroes alumni, just like BSG alumni, are "bankable" in the eyes of Hollywood executive, simply because they played in a successful serie.

Actresses like Hayden Panettiere, or Katee Sackhoff or Tricia Helfer are not better or worse actresses than Summer Glau but they have had the chance to play in a serie that lasted 4 or 5 seasons or more, unlike Summer Glau.

Regardless of the quality of the serie or the performance of an actor, being on a show that last so many years and reach to a large audience means your face is on TV magazines (and countless other publications) regularly. While Summer has a great following among the geek crowd, these actresses have reached a larger audience that goes way beyond the geeks. Noone cares about the hard core fans because they're easy to target while the general public is more versatile.

Date: Friday, 2013 Dec 27, 03:13 GMT | Message # 13

Friends

Happy Birthday Masi Oka  39 Today, Born December 27th, 1974 in Tokyo, Japan.  Masi is best remembered for playing the role of Hiro Nakamura in the hit TV series Heroes (2006-2010), 
Hiro has the ability of teleportation and time travel. And when he discovers that he is, in fact, a superhero, his exclamation of joy is deafening. He is excited to use his powers for good, saving people and keeping them out of harm"s way. Unlike some of the others who discover their special powers, Hiro is thrilled and believes his powers should not be used for personal gain. He is currently appearing in Hawaii Five-0 (TV Series). as Dr Max Bergman.

Date: Tuesday, 2014 Jan 14, 05:10 GMT | Message # 14

Friends

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MASI OKA!!!!!!!! WHO IS AWESOME IN HEROES!!!

Also,
I would've enjoyed seeing Summer in Heroes. Or even Sarah Michelle Gellar (Who plays Buffy) biggrin

☮"Just because no one has been fortunate enough to realize how wonderful you are, doesn't mean you shine any less." - Summer Glau☮

Date: Tuesday, 2014 Jan 14, 10:24 GMT | Message # 15

Site Admin

Quote TerminatorEmily ()
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MASI OKA!!!!!!!! WHO IS AWESOME IN HEROES!!! Also,
I would've enjoyed seeing Summer in Heroes. Or even Sarah Michelle Gellar (Who plays Buffy)

I watched only the first season and a half of Heroes (didn't saw Thomas Dekker) but Hiro was my favorite character.

And yes, it would have been great to see Summer Glau in it.

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Off Topic » The Water Cooler » Heroes (Where we can talk about the show Heroes)
Page 1 of 41234»
Search: