menu
person
Check out the latest additions to our ever expanding GALLERY hosting over 65,000 photos!
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Off Topic » The Water Cooler » What's Up? (Tell us what's on your mind.)
What's Up?
BlaziusDate: Friday, 25 Nov 2011, 02:57 | Message # 76
Group: Friends
Quote (michelangelo)
2) Yesterday i wrote an article about Summer's influence on Geek Culture titled 'Summer Glau is the missing link between The Big Bang Theory and Community'.
Then Den of Geek publish its article dedicated to Summer's celebration.

First I'm grateful to Caroline for providing good press for Summer. Second its indeed suspicious if she reads our forums. Its not just that you posted a thread with exactly the same purpose yesterday @michelangelo but many things she says we said that too earlier or at least a similar thing in less fancier words.

Through if somebody really knows Summers work then he/she will reach same conclusion as us I guess.

Summer Glau is so awesome, it isn't even funny!
Blood for the Blood God! Skulls for the Skull Throne!

chrisdvanne_Date: Friday, 25 Nov 2011, 03:05 | Message # 77
Group: Administrators
Quote (Blazius)
First I'm grateful to Caroline for providing good press for Summer. Second its indeed suspicious if she reads our forums. Its not just that you posted a thread with exactly the same purpose yesterday @michelangelo but many things she says we said that too earlier or at least a similar thing in less fancier words.

Through if somebody really knows Summers work then he/she will reach same conclusion as us I guess.

I mentioned my article to make an internal link but indeed i was thinking about the conversations we had in other threads the last few days. The similarities between the topics and the content is disconcerting.

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

BlaziusDate: Friday, 25 Nov 2011, 03:22 | Message # 78
Quote (michelangelo)
I mentioned my article to make an internal link but indeed i was thinking about the conversations we had in other threads the last few days. The similarities between the topics and the content is disconcerting.

Well, its not like we are that incredibly hidden especially if somebody searches for Summer.

Then we prefer the lengthy arguments format to explain our ideas and why we love Summer which is I guess very handy if somebody wants to search for inspiration for a Summer celebrating article . So I guess its perfectly possible that she got her ideas from here.

chrisdvanne_Date: Friday, 25 Nov 2011, 03:38 | Message # 79
Quote (Blazius)
So I guess its perfectly possible that she got her ideas from here.

She mentioned at least two time the possibility, or not, for Summer to break out in Hollywood, which i rarely see outside the Wiki, whereas we discussed it in the "Does Summer wants to be a a-lister?" thread.

Yet to be honest, i don't think we were Caroline's inspiration (but i can be wrong though).

BlaziusDate: Saturday, 26 Nov 2011, 02:39 | Message # 80
Quote (michelangelo)
She mentioned at least two time the possibility, or not, for Summer to break out in Hollywood, which i rarely see outside the Wiki, whereas we discussed it in the "Does Summer wants to be a a-lister?" thread.

Yet to be honest, i don't think we were Caroline's inspiration (but i can be wrong though).

We won't know for sure ever unless she registrates and tells us herself, right biggrin ?

But either way its good to know that there are still sensible people out there who are writing such great and insightful articles about Summer. If the internet would be only full of jerks without exception I'd start to seriously worry.

FordStaffDate: Sunday, 27 Nov 2011, 07:24 | Message # 81
We won't know for sure ever unless she registrates and tells us herself, right ?

Even then it would be difficult to verify.

It is the internet, there is very little limit on access it is certainly possible. For all we know Summer herself is a lurker or even a poster. Almost certainly not true, but something to think about - not just when it comes to Summer.

Keep Flying - Not much, but it's enough.

Fox012Date: Sunday, 27 Nov 2011, 13:00 | Message # 82
True Fordstaff the Point is you can´t trust The internet there are many Imposters and weird people out there

"I saw the victims of a senseless crime, I was reminded that we don’t know when or where our time on Earth will end. When or where we will breathe our last breath." -- Jessica "Redfield" Ghawi

BlaziusDate: Monday, 28 Nov 2011, 00:23 | Message # 83
Quote (FordStaff)
Even then it would be difficult to verify.

It is the internet, there is very little limit on access it is certainly possible. For all we know Summer herself is a lurker or even a poster. Almost certainly not true, but something to think about - not just when it comes to Summer.

Of course. I meant that her registrating and telling us that she was inspired by our posts to write the article is very unlikely. Why would she do that even if she joined? I just wanted to point out that we have no way to know if she indeed wrote our ideas into the article or not.

Lol, Summer being one of the members? We have no way to know that either, right? For the same reasons even if she indeed joined and told us that she is Summer chances are that we wouldn't believe her even if she were real. Maybe we'd call her a liar and she'd be banned.

Only way would be if she sent an irrefutable evidence ,like telling us her joining in a video and showed her registration or something.

chrisdvanne_Date: Monday, 28 Nov 2011, 00:55 | Message # 84
Quote (Blazius)
Lol, Summer being one of the members? We have no way to know that either, right? For the same reasons even if she indeed joined and told us that she is Summer chances are that we wouldn't believe her even if she were real. Maybe we'd call her a liar and she'd be banned.

Only way would be if she sent an irrefutable evidence ,like telling us her joining in a video and showed her registration or something.

Josh Friedman and Zack Stenz joined a chat on a TSCC board once, but they're were close to be banned because the chatters thought they were fakes even when Friedman claimed it was him; he had to tweet to prove he was himself ! biggrin

BlaziusDate: Monday, 28 Nov 2011, 01:21 | Message # 85
Quote (michelangelo)
Josh Friedman and Zack Stenz joined a chat on a TSCC board once, but they're were close to be banned because the chatters thought they were fakes even when Friedman claimed it was him; he had to tweet to prove he was himself !

Yeah, thats what I fear if Summer decided to join us for example. She'd claim that she is Summer but especially because of the fake FB profiles we'd most likely believe her to be an impostor and ask Fermi to ban her from her own fansite wacko

So she'd better have a good plan how she proves herself. What a stupid world, right? Somebody has to prove that she is indeed herself or she is called a liar. I'd laugh if this wasn't true.

FordStaffDate: Monday, 28 Nov 2011, 02:58 | Message # 86
Yeah, thats what I fear if Summer decided to join us for example. She'd claim that she is Summer but especially because of the fake FB profiles we'd most likely believe her to be an impostor and ask Fermi to ban her from her own fansite

What you say is true, but my comment was more about the fact that on the internet anybody could be reading the comments we post, including the very people we discuss. It is good policy to consider this as true whether it is or not. If comments on the internet were required to be read aloud to the offended party, the internet would become a far more civil place.

Luckily this forum has no problem with rudeness.

Keep Flying - Not much, but it's enough.

Message edited by FordStaff - Monday, 28 Nov 2011, 02:59

termi-ninja-torDate: Monday, 28 Nov 2011, 05:07 | Message # 87
I think the only real way to verify a celebrity identity would be through some external means, like looking up their office phone and calling and they answer the phone and verify that the online identity is indeed them. And the person making the call to perform the verification has to be a completely credible forum member, like Fermi here or Kaotic on the Blue Wiki. (I remember Liquid Metal did this when McG appeared on the Red for a few posts.)

Message edited by termi-ninja-tor - Monday, 28 Nov 2011, 06:49

chrisdvanne_Date: Monday, 05 Dec 2011, 23:30 | Message # 88
I posted the video interview of Summer we talked about previously :

http://summer-glau.com/forum/4-3-10244-16-1323119207

Message edited by chrisdvanne - Monday, 05 Dec 2011, 23:30

chrisdvanne_Date: Tuesday, 06 Dec 2011, 21:33 | Message # 89
I received a magazine this morning but answering to you here and on twitter takes a lot of my time and i haven't scanned the pages yet. Will try now!

Update : Serenity in Empire November 2005 - Magazine Scans

Message edited by chrisdvanne - Wednesday, 07 Dec 2011, 12:11

chrisdvanne_Date: Wednesday, 07 Dec 2011, 14:16 | Message # 90
I have scans of a magazine but i can't check the gallery to see if they're already in sad

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Off Topic » The Water Cooler » What's Up? (Tell us what's on your mind.)
Search: