menu
person
Check out the latest additions to our ever expanding GALLERY hosting over 65,000 photos!
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Off Topic » The Water Cooler » What's Up? (Tell us what's on your mind.)
What's Up?
chrisdvanneDate: Thursday, 16 May 2013, 15:08 | Message # 226
Group: Administrators
My new Facebook cover

Summer Glau as Wendy in Peter Panzerfaust Motion Comic

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

chrisdvanneDate: Sunday, 26 May 2013, 23:56 | Message # 227
Dollhouse made the list and not TSCC? That's a joke, right?

'Top 20 Canceled TV Shows That Should Be Revived' at BuzzFeed

robboDate: Monday, 27 May 2013, 01:25 | Message # 228
Group: Friends
i would after say apart from the fact, that the majority of that list of shows, their must be at least half of them that i have never heard of plus by the sound of a chance of a revival most of them are below 5, and for them to miss TSCC of the list its gotta be april fools day, should have been up there with firefly, also most of that list look absolutely awfull,  very poor list of 20, shows, shocking.

chrisdvanneDate: Saturday, 01 Jun 2013, 01:42 | Message # 229
I should really take the time to watch "The Initiation of Sarah" some day!

The Initiation of Sarah

Watch more screencaps in the Gallery.

robboDate: Saturday, 01 Jun 2013, 02:02 | Message # 230
by the look at that picture, i think i will be joining you, plus no doubt many more will follow suit, wink

chrisdvanneDate: Tuesday, 04 Jun 2013, 12:04 | Message # 231
Getty Image photobank has 110 photos of celebrities taken at Philadelphia Comic Con and not a single one of Summer Glau fuck

chrisdvanneDate: Friday, 07 Jun 2013, 09:13 | Message # 232
Quote (chrisdvanne)
Getty Image photobank has 110 photos of celebrities taken at Philadelphia Comic Con and not a single one of Summer Glau :fuck:

I have send the following message to Getty's official Twitter account:

@GettyImages I see you have plenty of images with celebs in your Philadelphia Comic Con 2013 album but none of Summer Glau. Your photograph was apparently afraid of the long queue of fans waiting to get a photo/autograph with her and decided she was not worth the wait (doesn't your photographs have a way to bypass the queue?). Well, the beautiful and talented Summer Glau is a fan favorite and getting a photo of her for your company would have been wise. Hopefully, you won't make the same mistake in the future.

I don't expect an answer, I made this simply because Summer Glau was one of the main draw at the convention and not having a photo of her is a mistake.

Why is it so important? Because Getty is the leader in digital images and every worthy website, magazine use their photos whenever they want to illustrate an article with a good photo. More, a lot of people simply visit their site and they will miss the fact that Summer Glau went there.
Summer Glau already has a deficit of exposure in the online medias/press and this is not helping.

Here's an example that will show you how not having a photo of her at Getty is detrimental for her image ; the influential IMDb site has created a page for Philadelphia Comic Con 2013, including pictures of almost all celebrity guests, courtesy of Getty. But of course there's no photo of Summer.

robboDate: Saturday, 08 Jun 2013, 01:24 | Message # 233
what a disgrace on behalf of getty, not to make an effort in getting a photo of one of the main attractions, at comic con the ever so popular golden girl summer glau, their photographer at comic con must have been very lazy it will surely backfire on their company, they should be ashamed of themselves for not getting a picture of summer glau, you would have thought by the length of the queue it was gonna be somebody very popular, as it was it was summer glau, obviously the photographer didnt have the common sense to realise that,  ye just cant get the staff these days,

chrisdvanneDate: Monday, 17 Jun 2013, 12:49 | Message # 234
Remember, every day is a a gift.

chrisdvanneDate: Friday, 21 Jun 2013, 13:05 | Message # 235
France’s Elisa Detrez wins Best Job in the World: Queensland’s new Park Ranger

chrisdvanneDate: Thursday, 11 Jul 2013, 11:45 | Message # 236
Networks have tools to monitor and measure the impact of a news on social medias, this is why it's important to spread positive vibes about the announce of Summer Glau's recurring role in the second season of Arrow.
Don't hesitate to comment on Twitter, Facebook and if you can leave a nice message on an article posted in a news/comics site that reported the news.

dylangillianDate: Thursday, 11 Jul 2013, 12:44 | Message # 237
it feels like i'm one of the few people that doesn't have any social media accounts.

knowledge is power.

Message edited by dylangillian - Thursday, 11 Jul 2013, 12:44

chrisdvanneDate: Thursday, 11 Jul 2013, 13:05 | Message # 238
Quote (dylangillian)
it feels like i'm one of the few people that doesn't have any social media accounts.

I wasn't aware of the weight of social medias when I started my collaboration with the SG Wiki. But I changed my mind since.
While fan sites like ours are the chore of the fandom, the only way to SPREAD the word is by using social medias.
One way to gain new viewers for Arrow is by convincing the fans in this site, but also by discussing with people who are not hard core fans like you and me and prefer to use social medias.
That said, I'm glad that there's still old-fashioned fans like you (no offense) who visits fan sites and post comments, or this site would be colorless.

On a related topic, tv show producers and artists managers put pressure on actors, encouraging them to have a presence on social medias such as Twitter or Facebook. It happened with some of Alphas's actors, for example.

dylangillianDate: Thursday, 11 Jul 2013, 14:37 | Message # 239
yeah i personnally hate facebook and twitter (even tough i check your tweets sometimes), but i understand that social media helps alot for shows, actors and fans.

Quote (chrisdvanne)
That said, I'm glad that there's still old-fashioned fans like you (no offense) who visits fan sites and post comments, or this site would be colorless.

i'll take that as a compliment biggrin
i also think it's funny how my friends look at me when is say i don't have facebook/ twitter (my friends are around 15-16 years old so they basically have their phone/ipod/ wathever they use 24/7 on them).

knowledge is power.

chrisdvanneDate: Thursday, 11 Jul 2013, 14:49 | Message # 240
Quote (dylangillian)
i also think it's funny how my friends look at me when is say i don't have facebook/ twitter (my friends are around 15-16 years old so they basically have their phone/ipod/ wathever they use 24/7 on them).

My friends are a little (sometimes a lot) older and yet just like yours, they have their phone glued to their hand.

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Off Topic » The Water Cooler » What's Up? (Tell us what's on your mind.)
Search: