menu
person
Welcome to summer-glau.com, your fan source for all things Summer on the web. Browse around the site and visit our growing GALLERY housing over 65,000 photos. Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter and Facebook and be sure to visit the site again!
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Off Topic » The Water Cooler » What's Up? (Tell us what's on your mind.)
What's Up?
chrisdvanne_Date: Wednesday, 06 Feb 2013, 14:26 | Message # 196
Group: Administrators
EW's photo gallery, "8 TV Gripes You Should Quit Complaining About"

The world is imperfect. Especially Hollywood. But there are eight online gripes about the television landscape that have worn out their welcome. These all-too-common complaints have peppered EW comment boards for years and must be put to rest. Feel free to disagree, or add your own, but we say it’s time to stop complaining about online spoilers, Firefly’s cancellation, the Lost finale and these five other outdated grievances.

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

chrisdvanne_Date: Monday, 18 Feb 2013, 20:12 | Message # 197
Old article from September 30, 2008 at Buddy TV.

Terminator: The Summer Glau Show

Here are a few excerpts:

The attraction is obvious – Glau is a petite, peculiarly good-looking lady who kicks major league ass on a consistent basis. For a guy, there's really nothing to even think about hating. She's it. And, to top it all off, Glau is a pretty damn good actress.

[...]

Summer Glau, if it wasn't already readily apparent, was the perfect casting choice for the role of Cameron. Glau brings a delicacy and nimbleness to the role that is unexpected. You buy into her emotional fragility, even though she remains a terminator. Arnold Schwarzenegger certainly could not have pulled this off.

[...]

For all the things that Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles does right, they still haven't figured out a way to create good B-stories. Two weeks ago it was John and Riley's relationship that stole time away from the real action inside the power plant. Last night, it was Sarah and her pregnant neighbor that bored the audience.

chrisdvanne_Date: Monday, 18 Feb 2013, 21:12 | Message # 198
Quote (slkpg)
Did you click on

Who's a better terminator?

It is 82% Summer to 18% Arnold.

Yes, i voted.
The comments at the bottom of the page are more realistic though.

robboDate: Tuesday, 19 Feb 2013, 03:57 | Message # 199
Group: Friends
arnie was the one and only terminator but that was way,way, way, back in time 1984 my memory serves me right, please please pretty please dont put him in another terminator movie it would be embarassing for the franchise, look to the future and that would be the impressive summer glau obviously other voters in the poll thought alike, smile

chrisdvanne_Date: Tuesday, 19 Feb 2013, 08:57 | Message # 200
Quote (robbo)
arnie was the one and only terminator but that was way,way, way, back in time 1984 my memory serves me right, please please pretty please dont put him in another terminator movie it would be embarassing for the franchise, look to the future and that would be the impressive summer glau obviously other voters in the poll thought alike, smile

You've got a point there smile

chrisdvanne_Date: Friday, 22 Feb 2013, 11:14 | Message # 201
Summer Glau is (one of) the most underrated actress in Hollywood! In related news, Scientist discover that water is, indeed, wet wink

Serenity Premiere Los Angeles - September 22, 2005

Photos taken at the Los Angeles 'Serenity' Premiere on September 22, 2005.

chrisdvanne_Date: Saturday, 23 Feb 2013, 01:12 | Message # 202
Quote (slkpg)
I have been a fan of Arnold's movies since before Summer was born, going back to "Pumping Iron." Got me and lots of other little girly men into weight lifting. I think his best movie was "Predator." But time marches on and Cameron as played by Summer is a much better terminator mostly because she is .... not .... just .... a .... machine.

The story of my life biggrin

chrisdvanne_Date: Monday, 25 Feb 2013, 11:51 | Message # 203
Didn't saw it back in the days.

Mayara Tavares Young Girl with Obama's looking... by GalacticAngels

FYI, Nicolas Sarkozy is not the current president of France anymore.

StevenDate: Monday, 25 Feb 2013, 11:51 | Message # 204
Hello Friends, I am back. Finanlly get the chance and time to visti this web again in the new year. it's been a while since last visit. I left the city and get back my hometown to find a new job. So glad to see you guys.

chrisdvanne_Date: Friday, 08 Mar 2013, 10:07 | Message # 205
Welcome back Steven!

In case you didn't notice, Summer Glau is going to this year's Ottawa Comiccon.

robboDate: Friday, 08 Mar 2013, 22:08 | Message # 206
welcome back steven, hope you were successful finding a new job in your hometown, smile

chrisdvanne_Date: Wednesday, 27 Mar 2013, 20:20 | Message # 207
Happy people!

A behind-the-scenes look at the Veronica Mars Movie Kickstarter, dedicated to the best fans in the world that made it happen.

robboDate: Thursday, 28 Mar 2013, 01:31 | Message # 208
certainly are happy people, the fans are very pleased with themselves you would have to say a job well done, they did it in great style deserve a massive pat on the back, well done to the veronica mars movie kickstarter, smile

AlexDate: Friday, 29 Mar 2013, 01:49 | Message # 209
Group: Bloggers
Quote (robbo)
certainly are happy people, the fans are very pleased with themselves you would have to say a job well done, they did it in great style deserve a massive pat on the back, well done to the veronica mars movie kickstarter, smile

I agree. They did very well. There is another artist, named Amanda Palmer, who gave a TED talk on the whole topic of asking. She is a very compelling speaker. She also happens to be married to Neil Gaiman the author. You might find what she has to say very interesting too.

If you are going through Hell, keep going.

chrisdvanne_Date: Saturday, 30 Mar 2013, 02:17 | Message # 210
I stumbled on this information recently: a pro-gun website send in 2009 an invitation to Summer Glau for an all-expense paid three-day event (without success apparently)
From what i have read, that Summer played a Terminator in TSCC is not unconnected with the fact that she was invited to such pro-gun event.

On a related topic, Summer Glau canceled her appearance at the 2011 Hollywood Celebrity Sporting Clay Invitational, hosted by Patrick Kilpatrick (who played the Terminator in TSCC 2.05 "Goodbye To All That") because of a scheduling conflict.

A superficial reading of TSCC could lead some to think that Cameron was a cold blood killer (which she was), while I and a few other fans prefer to think of her as an A.I. on her way to sentience and praise Summer Glau's subtile portrayal of Cameron.

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Off Topic » The Water Cooler » What's Up? (Tell us what's on your mind.)
Search: