menu
person
Check out the latest additions to our ever expanding GALLERY hosting over 65,000 photos!
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Off Topic » The Water Cooler » What's Up? (Tell us what's on your mind.)
What's Up?
Charley_DixonDate: Monday, 17 Sep 2012, 00:33 | Message # 166
Group: Administrators
A few days ago I came across a YouTube channel of a young lady who was born without arms and in her videos she explains us how she does some everyday stuff. We usually take that for granted and do not think about those things but they can be a real challenge for a person without arms. I hope you'll find her videos inspirational: Tisha UnArmed.

Cameron: My brother says if you want to be good at anything, you have to practice every day.

chrisdvanneDate: Wednesday, 03 Oct 2012, 14:01 | Message # 167
Happy Birthday to the most feared woman in the Seven Kingdoms of Westeros, also known as the Mother of All Destiny!!

Lena Heaydey tatoos

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

KevinInEnglandDate: Wednesday, 03 Oct 2012, 18:49 | Message # 168
Group: Friends
There is nothing I hate more is thick black tattoos. Lina has great tattoos IMO and that is an understatement. I wonder if she has one on her lower back? I would offer to give her one.

Awesome ear-rings !!!!

==

I actually came to this page to bring up something that is very irritating for me.
In Scotland, we have the Cameron clan, as did they have the Campbells and all the others.
The name Cameron is bisexual and is also a last or surname.

In the series TSCC, I believe we have to assume Cameron got her name in the future. John might or might not have chosen it.

Because there is a male Cameron in Alphas (who even acted out a Summer Glau AfP sketch, which annoyed me), and there is a Kiera Cameron in Continuum. Instead of speaking to her first name: Kiera, the showmakers choose Cameron. Why is that? They must know damn well that TSCC exists.

I would like to have given TSCC Cameron some other name. Perhaps a Cherokee or Indian name:
Sarita or Saravati River (As in River Tam)
Charu Beautiful,Attractive
Ecchumati River
Elina intelligent
Hala Strong,Beautiful
Harinakshi one with eyes like deer
Malha/Maliha Strong,beautiful
sanjna Wife of the sun
Savita Sun
(I strongly and suspiciously think that some of these names are Indian names from India).

Can anybody think of a name that Summer Glau should have had in TSCC?

chrisdvanneDate: Thursday, 04 Oct 2012, 08:31 | Message # 169
Quote (KevinInScotland)
Because there is a male Cameron in Alphas (who even acted out a Summer Glau AfP sketch, which annoyed me), and there is a Kiera Cameron in Continuum. Instead of speaking to her first name: Kiera, the showmakers choose Cameron. Why is that? They must know damn well that TSCC exists.

I think your comment is too TSCC-centric; while TSCC existed prior these two shows, namely Alphas and Continuum, i don't think the writers meant to make a direct reference to our Cameron Phillips (the re-use of a scene from 'Allison from Palmdale' is disturbing though).

Continuum is a Canadian show, just like James Cameron is; if thre's a connection between the two female Cameron, you have to look in the direction of the director of Terminator imo and not at TSCC.

Quote (KevinInScotland)
Can anybody think of a name that Summer Glau should have had in TSCC?

Interesting question, that's the first time i see it smile

Nomad79Date: Thursday, 04 Oct 2012, 08:32 | Message # 170
Heh, heh,

Sorry guys....Not a good thing to cuss out the admin...

chrisdvanneDate: Friday, 09 Nov 2012, 17:48 | Message # 171
Magazine Scans - Starlog #341 December 2005

To celebrate the release of Serenity on the big screen, the science-fiction magazine published two articles, a four-page article on Jewel Staite called 'Staite of Serenity' and another four-page article on Sean Maher called 'Frontier Doctor'.

Magazine Scans - Starlog #341 December 2005 Jewel StaiteMagazine Scans - Starlog #341 December 2005 Jewel StaiteMagazine Scans - Starlog #341 December 2005 Jewel StaiteMagazine Scans - Starlog #341 December 2005 Jewel Staite

Magazine Scans - Starlog #341 December 2005 Jewel StaiteMagazine Scans - Starlog #341 December 2005 Jewel StaiteMagazine Scans - Starlog #341 December 2005 Jewel StaiteMagazine Scans - Starlog #341 December 2005 Jewel Staite

Since the focus of the articles is on Jewel Staite and Sean Maher and not on Summer Glau, i decided not to include the scans in the gallery.

chrisdvanneDate: Wednesday, 14 Nov 2012, 16:03 | Message # 172
I just had a brilliant idea : what if Summer Glau was filming these short films because she knew she was cast as Skye in SHIELD pilot for ABC and consequently could not start filming something bigger?

chrisdvanneDate: Friday, 16 Nov 2012, 17:27 | Message # 173
Sweden has Fermi...and Zlatan Ibrahimovic wink

Zlatan Ibrahimovic Amazing / Unbelievable Goal Vs England - Sweden Vs England 4-2

chrisdvanneDate: Monday, 19 Nov 2012, 20:35 | Message # 174
We have not forgotten that Joan Allen is our favorite photographer smile

Behind the scenes of me photographing a WWII sea plane for a ROW 44 photo shoot. It was AWESOME! Thank you...

AlexDate: Tuesday, 20 Nov 2012, 05:02 | Message # 175
Group: Bloggers
Quote (chrisdvanne)
I just had a brilliant idea : what if Summer Glau was filming these short films because she knew she was cast as Skye in SHIELD pilot for ABC and consequently could not start filming something bigger?

Let's hope that is true. Great idea!

If you are going through Hell, keep going.

chrisdvanneDate: Wednesday, 26 Dec 2012, 16:25 | Message # 176
I mentioned Help for the Holidays to a friend on Facebook and he managed to catch it on christmas Day.
After that he send me a nice thank you message for suggesting the movie and said he enjoyed it very much; that's maybe not much but it made my day

together

StevenDate: Thursday, 27 Dec 2012, 09:34 | Message # 177
It seems that our TSCC is alway active on the forum. I am wondering why his location is FR, not the US. I 'v been watching the TSCC second time these days. Because I really like Summer's role in this movie. I saw the cape before. but at that time I din't know her name , nor remenber her face. but when I Saw the TSCC. I was deeply attracted by summer, and Start to know about Summer, when I knew she had a role in the cape, I watched the The Cape once again to find Summer. cool

Message edited by Steven - Friday, 28 Dec 2012, 03:26

chrisdvanneDate: Thursday, 27 Dec 2012, 10:16 | Message # 178
(Steven)
I am wondering why his location is FR, not the US.

Hi Steven, first of all welcome to the Summer Glau Wiki; we're trying to build a friendly community her, i hope you'll enjoy your stay smile

To answer your question, my location is FR simply because I AM French; you and i are the living proofs that you don't need to live in the US to be a fan of Summer Glau or to contribute to a fansite.

(Steven)
I 'v been watching the Terminator second time these days. Because I really like Summer's role in this movie.

You mean the tv serie Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles, right? Not the Terminator movie with Arnold. In this case, you can use the shorter acronym TSCC instead.

May i suggest you introduce yourself in the dedicated thread in the forum Please introduce yourself so that other members can get to know you better (you simply have to copy/paste your previous message if you like).

StevenDate: Thursday, 27 Dec 2012, 11:26 | Message # 179
yes I mean the TSCC, not the movie. now I am going home , talk later.

StevenDate: Thursday, 27 Dec 2012, 13:12 | Message # 180
now I 'M back. one thing I need to clear. It's just curosity when I was saying I am wondering why his location is FR, not the US. no offence please. I want to thank the moderator for his devotion to this forum, so that fans like me can share the the viewpoint about Summer. I think she must be very proud to have the fans like moderator.

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Off Topic » The Water Cooler » What's Up? (Tell us what's on your mind.)
Search: