[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Page 3 of 4«1234»
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Off Topic » The Water Cooler » The members of the Summer Glau Wiki are awesome!
The members of the Summer Glau Wiki are awesome!
KaliDate: Tuesday, 10 Apr 2012, 07:50 | Message # 31
Group: Friends
Quote (chrisdvanne)
Results for a "Summer Glau" search on Twitter (at least in my browser) : i'm on top, just before the official account of The Summer Glau Wiki. Side note : tbh, Twitter has not published the rules behind this ranking and it varies a lot, still...

Did you notice that @Bounty, the paper towel company is listed under the Summer Glau people! They're the official quicker picker upper of Summer Glau I guess wink

chrisdvanneDate: Tuesday, 10 Apr 2012, 09:01 | Message # 32
Group: Administrators
I wanted to post that message in the "Funny link" thread first because those searches vary; for example, when i'm not connected on Twitter, @Summerglauwiki is on top.

Just like Google searches, Twitter are not 100% reliable tongue

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

Message edited by chrisdvanne - Tuesday, 10 Apr 2012, 09:01

FermiDate: Sunday, 22 Apr 2012, 17:57 | Message # 33
Quote (Fermi)
We have noticed that the members don't comment much on the news page, we work hard to keep this site updated and wish that more members where to leave feedback by commenting on our news/blog. A short comment means a lot for us.

Edit: Increased the reputation for all members with recent comment contributions. Thank you I appreciate it.

You can't stop the signal!

chrisdvanneDate: Monday, 23 Apr 2012, 00:07 | Message # 34
Quote (Fermi)
Quote (Fermi)
We have noticed that the members don't comment much on the news page, we work hard to keep this site updated and wish that more members where to leave feedback by commenting on our news/blog. A short comment means a lot for us.

Edit: Increased the reputation for all members with recent comment contributions. Thank you I appreciate it.

Absolutely, it's very appreciated to have a feedback from other members.
Some websites have a No "Thank you" policy, they prefer to have elaborated comments that allow to start a discussion; this is not the case at the Summer Glau Wiki : all kinds of comments are encouraged and a simple "Great pics!" means a lot for us and help building a visible community.
Of course we're happy that a growing number of people are visiting the site, but being able to see their comments and their face (avatar) is an even greater reward.

chrisdvanneDate: Monday, 20 Aug 2012, 08:07 | Message # 35
Way to justify the title of this thread.

You may notice an improvement in the writing of some of my blogposts in the future; given that i'm not fluent and that i have no writing talent, our member Alex will help me in the writing (he obviously is a talented writer, as proven by the accompagnying letter he wrote for the calendar).
I won't mention in the blogpost how many words are from Alex or from me, this is a collaborative work; it will allow to have better written blogposts and increase their release speed.

This example proves there is many ways members can help improve the site. A huge thank you to you Alex for your contribution smile

First product of our collaboration : TSCC Promo Collectables - San Diego Comic Con 2008

Message edited by chrisdvanne - Monday, 20 Aug 2012, 08:10

chrisdvanneDate: Thursday, 04 Oct 2012, 11:08 | Message # 36
Alex wrote an wesome review/summary of Bruce Willis latest movie 'Looper', inwhich he makes comparisons with elements seen in TSCC, you should read it :

Looper Review by Alex

chrisdvanneDate: Tuesday, 16 Oct 2012, 11:54 | Message # 37
KortoloB at the Summer Glau reddit brought this rule to my attention; while i didn't know it was a principle, i experience it at the Summer Glau Wiki on a daily basis

Here's what Wikipedia says about it :

In Internet culture, the 1% rule or the 90–9–1 principle (sometimes also presented as 89:10:1 ratio) reflects a hypothesis that more people will lurk in a virtual community than will participate. This term is often used to refer to participation inequality in the context of the Internet.

The 1% rule states that the number of people who create content on the Internet represents approximately 1% (or less) of the people actually viewing that content (for example, for every person who posts on a forum, generally about 99 other people are viewing that forum but not posting).

"The members of the Summer Glau Wiki are awesome!" says this thread...well, they, and the visitors/lurkers as well, could be even more awesome if they bend the 1% rule or the 90–9–1 principle wink

Of course, no one can force visitors to post comments but i think our role here at the Summer Glau Wiki is to create a friendly environment and invite fans to comments, share their vision or simply add a "thank you!" to someone's post.

Fox012Date: Wednesday, 17 Oct 2012, 17:51 | Message # 38
Quote (Kali)
Quote (chrisdvanne)
Results for a "Summer Glau" search on Twitter (at least in my browser) : i'm on top, just before the official account of The Summer Glau Wiki. Side note : tbh, Twitter has not published the rules behind this ranking and it varies a lot, still...

Did you notice that @Bounty, the paper towel company is listed under the Summer Glau people! They're the official quicker picker upper of Summer Glau I guess wink

Those are Personalized Searches f.e if you search on google images for the person in my signature you might get nothing but when i search for that myself I get mainly pictures from the SG-wiki this is how google & twitter works...

"I saw the victims of a senseless crime, I was reminded that we don’t know when or where our time on Earth will end. When or where we will breathe our last breath." -- Jessica "Redfield" Ghawi

Message edited by Fox012 - Wednesday, 17 Oct 2012, 18:14

chrisdvanneDate: Wednesday, 17 Oct 2012, 18:02 | Message # 39
Quote (Fox012)
Those are Personalized Searches f.e if you search on google images for the person in my signature you might get nothing but when i search for that myself I get mainly pictures from the SG-wiki this is how google & twitter works...

That speaks volume about the way Google is watching us.

If i search on Google for the line "Cameron: He’s not a guy. He’s a scary robot.", taken from my signature, i get exclusively pics from the SG Wiki.

Fox012Date: Wednesday, 17 Oct 2012, 18:10 | Message # 40
"That speaks volume about the way Google is watching us." yes it does Goggle knows much about us (becaomes handy for skynet someday biggrin )

"I saw the victims of a senseless crime, I was reminded that we don’t know when or where our time on Earth will end. When or where we will breathe our last breath." -- Jessica "Redfield" Ghawi

chrisdvanneDate: Friday, 02 Nov 2012, 14:52 | Message # 41
To all the fans wondering where TerminatorEmily got her awesome avatar :

It's a screencap taken from a TSCC behind the scene video filmed by Thomas Dekker himself (watch at 2:33 of the video) : One day with Thomas Dekker on the set of TSCC

TerminatorEmilyDate: Sunday, 04 Nov 2012, 08:09 | Message # 42
Group: Friends
thomas is so funny.haha

☮"Just because no one has been fortunate enough to realize how wonderful you are, doesn't mean you shine any less." - Summer Glau☮

chrisdvanneDate: Tuesday, 20 Nov 2012, 12:00 | Message # 43
I updated the Wiki page about 'Help for the Holidays', feel free to make remarks or suggestions.

chrisdvanneDate: Sunday, 25 Nov 2012, 02:14 | Message # 44
Several events occured recently which point in the same direction : the Summer Glau Wiki is viewed by the actors of the Glau-verse (and Summer herself) as a valuable partner, as proven by Summer's note with the signed pictures, The Science Channel sending an exclusive picture taken at SDCC 2012, the interview of 'Help for the Holdays''s writer Bob Saenz and also this exclusive pic of Summer Glau in the short 'Inside the Box' send by the production team.

Of course there's an upstream work that you don't necessarily know about but you participate to it through your actions, such as commenting on the news or blogpost or discussion forum, by re-tweeting the tweets of @Summerglauwiki or mine. I'm also glad that we have established friendly relations with other SG as well as non-SG fansites.

Good job everyone, we're on the right track smile

chrisdvanneDate: Thursday, 31 Jan 2013, 11:40 | Message # 45
Members of the Summer Glau fandom are all different; some are hard core fans and check the fansites several times a day, some only once a day or every few days and some maybe once in a month and some even switch categories.
This is part of the fun and the important part is that we can share our appreciation for Summer regularly.

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Off Topic » The Water Cooler » The members of the Summer Glau Wiki are awesome!
Page 3 of 4«1234»
Search: