menu
person
Check out the latest additions to our ever expanding GALLERY hosting over 65,000 photos!
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Off Topic » The Water Cooler » The members of the Summer Glau Wiki are awesome!
The members of the Summer Glau Wiki are awesome!
chrisdvanneDate: Friday, 21 Oct 2011, 15:03 | Message # 1
Group: Administrators
Time for a self-congratulation thread! I'd like to congratulate all the actors of the summer Glau Wiki; by actors i mean the visitors, the lurkers, the registered members and particularly the active members (those who posts messages).

As Charley pointed out "in about a week we may celebrate 1 year of this site" and i'm glad all the sections of the Summer Glau Wiki are operational and animated : the News page is always updated, so is the gallery, the forum is welcoming new posters regularly and even the blog section is working.

The last few months have been particularly intense and the total number of members went from 63 to 105 now; the proportion of active members is relatively small but still enough to turn the forum into an animated and interesting place (i hope); i'm particularly glad that the members have understood that the Wiki is made for a large part by the members themselves; this is not just a place where you find news, everyone is invited to participate. Community engagement can take varied forms, such as posting comments and engage passionate discussions (thanks Blazius), posting medias (pictures, videos), creating threads, creating blogs,...

Creativity is an important aspect of the Wiki, as proved with the Summer Glau Wiki calendar, the Viewers Club (i have not forget it), the Readers Club (thanks Russel and Nomad79),...

Also i'm very glad that new members systematically aknowledge the fact that the Summer Glau Wiki is a friendly community; Fermi wanted it to be that way and i think he can be proud so far. Initiatives like Fox012's one, offering a beautiful Acrylic print to the community proves the point.

There is many others aspects i'm proud of as a members of the Summer Glau Wiki but it would be too long to list them; still there is a lot of work to be done to improve the credibility of the site on the Web but i think this will come over time. To this regard, consider yourself as ambassador of the Wiki in your respective countries.

I hope we will continue to improve the Summer Glau Wiki because i believe the actress and woman to which this site is dedicated is well worth the time we spent here.

Summer Glau

Side note : i said i did not want you to give me reputation points but that doesn't mean you cannot give some to others members of the Wiki; i'm not doing this for fame but giving to other members reputation points is a way to thank and encourage them.

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

Message edited by michelangelo - Saturday, 22 Oct 2011, 00:00

BlaziusDate: Friday, 21 Oct 2011, 19:47 | Message # 2
Group: Friends
Very well said michelangelo!

You can hardly find another so awesome place on the internet as The Wiki of Awesomeness ( never change the name Fermi, its....awesome!). Not only its a site dedicated to one of the greatest women ever graced our Earth but also its one of the most friendly and peaceful communities on the net.

Michelangelo thanked the members their work on improving the Wiki but I think gratitude also due to the staff and michelangelo himself for without them the Wiki wouldn't exist.

First we should thank Fermi and Charley that they created this wonderful place. I think you should be proud of your creation and that your vision of a friendly community came true.

Fermi does a wonderful job organizing and maintaining the Wiki. Why he is the best is that he is really here to help us( when I mess up a topic with offtopic posts for example) and we can make suggestions and decide together how things should be instead of having a god-complex most admins and moderators have.

Michelangelo does so much for the Wiki that I can't even count. He provides news and various interesting and useful info(to say at least) and also utilizing his expertise to give us further insight into the inner workings of the american media even predicting events weeks before they even occured.
He is who holds us together and gives momentum to the Wiki.

In addition he is a major reason why our community is as friendly as it is with his patience and friendliness towards new and old members alike.

So keep it up guys, we are a fantastic team biggrin !

Summer Glau is so awesome, it isn't even funny!
Blood for the Blood God! Skulls for the Skull Throne!

chrisdvanneDate: Monday, 24 Oct 2011, 10:08 | Message # 3
One of the reasons i'm glad the forum is alive and kicking is that it will allow me to do others tasks; also the only way to re-launch the Viewers Club is to have more active members.

chrisdvanneDate: Sunday, 06 Nov 2011, 01:25 | Message # 4
The last few days, i've been thinking about the best way to help the Summer Glau Wiki and in which form. I'm persuaded that this site is the best fansite out there for Summer Glau fans, through its content and the contribution of the members.

Since there is more posters on the forum, i don't need anymore to post at all cost in order to add content to the threads. I will continue to create threads to stimulate the interest of the active members and the visitors, through articles coming from all over the net or through unique content like 10 Ballerina turned actresses.
I have no other legitimity to do this than a strong motivation and the thrust you and the admins are ready to place in me.

I have started to provide the wiki HQ scans from articles about Summer Glau released in magazines (see Scans section of the gallery or the Esquire scans) so that the Summer glau Wiki has the best ones on the net.

I have an ambitious project for all TSCC fans (and Firefly fans in the future why not); it's at a very early stage (basically only in my mind) and it does not rely on me exclusively so that i cannot garantee its feasability; i will give you more info about it as soon as i progress.

I'm persuaded that making the Summer Glau Wiki grow is the only way to insure it will be able to carry durably projects like the Viewers Club or the Summer Glau Wiki Calendar.

There are easy ways for everyone to help in that regard :
1) I have noticed that the posters don't comment much on the news page and prefer to post on the forum since there is almost always a dedicated thread; this is perfectly logical since the forum is best suited to start a discussion and post pics or videos, but it's interesting for the Wiki to have comments on the news page because it shows this page has activity and active members (remember the news page is often the entry page for casual visitors). A short comment, even if it repeats what you say on the forum, would be appreciated.

2) The Summer Glau Wiki tweets about its news automatically; why don't you retweet the news to your followers, or mention it on your site or other social network you're attending.

These are simple and non intrusive suggestions to help the Wiki if you feel like (i know some of you already do it anyway).

Side note : i have submitted this message to Fermi for approval before posting it.

chrisdvanneDate: Tuesday, 08 Nov 2011, 01:23 | Message # 5
Google bar as well as several Page Rank checker give the Summer Glau Wiki a Page Rank 4, which gives an indication of the credibility and reputation of the site (for the homepage).

If this is confirmed in the following weeks, this is very satisfying for all the members of the Wiki, considering its young age; it aknowledges we have all make a good work.

chrisdvanneDate: Saturday, 19 Nov 2011, 03:53 | Message # 6
Today has proved once again that the Summer Glau Wiki is not just another News site; we're more than that, we're a friendly community where the members are building the site together.

Allow me to highlight the contribution of two members :

• Fox012 found another video of Summer Glau as Natalia Suttinger in the Human Preservation Project and he was kind enough to upload it in HD version for the Wiki (not that we didn't know already how generous he was since he already provided videos or the beautiful acrylic prints).

• Also ogy86 helped me to translate an exclusive article from a Czech magazine that i will upload to the Wiki tomorrow (the article itself isn't important but the help is very appreciated nevertheless).

Besides, i hope that writers like The1Russter or Nomad79 will continue to bring us hope and entertainment; also i know for certain that passionate members (they will recognize themselves) like this place enough to discuss their interest for hours.

Your contribution to the comic book is also required and i will call upon your help in a near future i hope.

Good job everyone!

Nomad79Date: Saturday, 19 Nov 2011, 08:47 | Message # 7
Hey I' ll blog first chapter in the morning and I can help you out with the tscc project. I might need help with mine though

Fox012Date: Saturday, 19 Nov 2011, 13:58 | Message # 8
Thanks for The Highlight Michelangelo I Appreciate it =)

"I saw the victims of a senseless crime, I was reminded that we don’t know when or where our time on Earth will end. When or where we will breathe our last breath." -- Jessica "Redfield" Ghawi

chrisdvanneDate: Saturday, 19 Nov 2011, 18:19 | Message # 9
Quote (Fox012)
Thanks for The Highlight Michelangelo I Appreciate it =)

Fully deserved, i mean it!

Fox012Date: Saturday, 19 Nov 2011, 20:37 | Message # 10
biggrin

"I saw the victims of a senseless crime, I was reminded that we don’t know when or where our time on Earth will end. When or where we will breathe our last breath." -- Jessica "Redfield" Ghawi

ogy86Date: Saturday, 19 Nov 2011, 22:22 | Message # 11
We are famous:-D

This is Cam: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNu7pi9glR4
Save TSCC!: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2Pty7PD … r_embedded
Summer Glau a WuShu: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1BMqNYOyFU

chrisdvanneDate: Tuesday, 29 Nov 2011, 14:43 | Message # 12
Participating to the Summer Glau Wiki adventure with you has been a great pleasure, even if i i've had highs and lows, but everything has an end and it's time for michelangelo to leave cry

But one don't get rid of me that easely and as the Phoenix i shall reborn, under a new identity. Indeed i've come to the conclusion that it's more efficient and also more honest to have the same identity on every places on the Net (even i did not fool anyone with my different usernames wink ).
This is why i will change michelangelo in favor of chrisdvanne, which i already use on most social networks ; some of you already know me under that name so that won't be a problem but i'd like to apologize to those who might be disturbed by that move.

Thanks for your time!

Message edited by chrisdvanne - Tuesday, 29 Nov 2011, 14:54

Fox012Date: Tuesday, 29 Nov 2011, 14:57 | Message # 13
I´m good with both names biggrin

FordStaffDate: Wednesday, 30 Nov 2011, 02:15 | Message # 14
R.I.P. Michelangelo, you will be missed.

Keep Flying - Not much, but it's enough.

chrisdvanneDate: Wednesday, 30 Nov 2011, 02:47 | Message # 15
Quote (chrisdvanne)
Indeed i've come to the conclusion that it's more efficient and also more honest to have the same identity on every places on the Net

Lol. If you search for "michelangelo" on Google, i won't appear for obvious reasons whereas there is more than 10 pages of results for "chrisdvanne".

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Off Topic » The Water Cooler » The members of the Summer Glau Wiki are awesome!
Search: