menu
person
Welcome to summer-glau.com, your fan source for all things Summer on the web. Browse around the site and visit our growing GALLERY housing over 65,000 photos. Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter and Facebook and be sure to visit the site again!
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Off Topic » The Water Cooler » Fox News Twitters has been hacked
Fox News Twitters has been hacked
chrisdvanne_Date: Thursday, 06 Oct 2011, 14:57 | Message # 1
Group: Administrators
Fox News Twitters Feeds has been hacked last Monday; the hackers tweeted erroneously that Barak Obama had been assassinated in Iowa. About 9 hours after they were posted, the 6 messages were removed from the tweet account.

Fow News statement about the attack :
FoxNews.com's Twitter feed for political news, FoxNewspolitics, was hacked early Monday morning.
Hackers sent out several malicious and false tweets claiming that President Obama had been assassinated. Those reports were incorrect, of course, and the president was spending the July 4 holiday with his family at the White House.
The tweets have been removed from the feed.
FoxNews.com alerted the U.S. Secret Service, which is declining public comment. Jeff Misenti, vice president and general manager of Fox News Digital, said FoxNews.com was working with Twitter to address the situation as quickly as possible.
"We will be requesting a detailed investigation from Twitter about how this occurred, and measures to prevent future unauthorized access into FoxNews.com accounts," Misenti said.

FoxNews.com regrets any distress the false tweets may have created.

Source : Secret Service Scrambling For Answers Following Fox News Twitter Attacks at Deadline.com

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

chrisdvanne_Date: Thursday, 06 Oct 2011, 14:57 | Message # 2
Two reactions :

1) It gives one the creeps !

2) Maybe he is innocent?

Charley_DixonDate: Thursday, 06 Oct 2011, 14:57 | Message # 3
This is a nice reading on topic: http://onemansblog.com/2007/03/26/how-id-hack-your-weak-passwords/. Everyone should understand the importance of using a strong password. I'm pretty sure they just used brute force to break in.

Cameron: My brother says if you want to be good at anything, you have to practice every day.

chrisdvanne_Date: Thursday, 06 Oct 2011, 14:57 | Message # 4
Quote (Charley_Dixon)
This is a nice reading on topic: http://onemansblog.com/2007/03/26/how-id-hack-your-weak-passwords/. Everyone should understand the importance of using a strong password. I'm pretty sure they just used brute force to break in.

This is the first time i read the time required to break a password, given the lenght and strength of the password. Very enlightening.

chrisdvanne_Date: Thursday, 06 Oct 2011, 14:58 | Message # 5
Here they are :

FermiDate: Thursday, 06 Oct 2011, 16:22 | Message # 6
No need to worry this is old news and I am just necrobumping

You can't stop the signal!

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Off Topic » The Water Cooler » Fox News Twitters has been hacked
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: