Latest Photos

Check out the latest additions to our ever expanding GALLERY hosting over 65,000 photos!

New messages Members Forum rules Search

Page 4 of 4«1234
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Off Topic » The Water Cooler » The Official Tech Thread (Technology related discussions.)
The Official Tech Thread
Date: Monday, 14 Jan 2013, 18:36 GMT | Message # 46

Site Admin

Twitter has improved its design and now displays the latest photos when one performs a search (for "Summer Glau" in the screencap below)

Summer Glau search on Twitter

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

Date: Monday, 06 May 2013, 20:15 GMT | Message # 47

Site Admin

Buying Blu-ray player: check!

Buying TSCC season 1 and 2 on Blu-ray: check!

Inserting the disk: Error message
This content cannot output via an analog connector. ensure your display device uses a DVI or HDMI connector [code=0121].[/code]

After a quick search, I found that I need to hook my monitor up to my pc with a DVI or HDMI cable in order to be able to read blu-ray disks. My monitor is now hooked up with a VGA cable, which is analog, not the digital I need for hd play back.

Lena, Summer, Thomas and other will have to wait sad

Date: Thursday, 13 Jun 2013, 13:06 GMT | Message # 48

Site Admin

I can't play the apple.com trailers. It says I need a plugin but nothing happens when I install QuickTime 7

Here's the trailer I'd like to watch, maybe it will open for you.

Date: Tuesday, 07 Jan 2014, 04:26 GMT | Message # 49

Friends

Xbox One Surpasses 3 Million Worldwide / Xbox One Had A Strong Holiday, And Hit 3 Million In Sales Before The End Of 2013 
Microsoft has announced that their new darling console, the Xbox One, sold three million units before 2013 came to a close. Xbox corporate vice president of marketing Yusef Mehdi took to the Xbox Wire to reveal the numbers (although, no exact numbers were given), stating that the figure includes sales in 13 countries. "It"s been incredible to see Xbox One selling at a record-setting pace for Xbox, and we were honored to see Xbox One become the fastest-selling console in the U.S. during our launch month in November," Mehdi wrote. "Since our launch, demand for Xbox One has been strong, selling out throughout the holidays at most retailers worldwide. We are continuing to work hard to deliver additional consoles to retailers as fast as possible," The reaction from our fans was mind-blowing for our team,"he continued. "As we see your excitement, your energy and your hours of gameplay, we continue to be inspired to do great work - for you." Mehdi continued to thank Xbox One fans for making 2013 "truly epic."
Via Den of Geek!

Date: Wednesday, 05 Feb 2014, 22:06 GMT | Message # 50

Site Admin

Stephen Amell was answering the questions during his Q&A with fans on Arrow's official Facebook page when this happened...

It reminds me the day when Summer Glau was live tweeting Alphas season finale from @AlphasSyfy and she exceeded Twitter's limit and was blocked too.

Date: Wednesday, 12 Feb 2014, 15:23 GMT | Message # 51

Site Admin

Onewheel: the self-balancing electric skateboard that gives you the feeling of flying. Dedicated to all fans of Marty McFly hoverboard :-)

Marty McFly hoverboard

Learn more at Onewheel :: The Self-Balancing Electric Skateboard

Date: Friday, 31 Oct 2014, 04:34 GMT | Message # 52

Friends

Goodbye, Plasma TV: LG To Shut Down Production Next Month 

LG has confirmed that it will pull the plug on its Plasma television production on November 30, the last major manufacturer to do so. 

The South Korean firm will instead focus its attention on the LED and premium OLED TV markets, taking the fight to its local rival Samsung. 

LG was a major player in the Plasma TV market, entering the sector in 1999, four years after Fujitsu released the first commercial hardware based on the technology.

Panasonic and Pioneer previously shut down their Plasma operations, leaving Chinese firm Changhong Electric Co as the only Plasma panel maker still in existence. 

It is considered unlikely that Changhong will release its hardware outside of the Chinese market, with analysts predicting that Plasma production will die out entirely by 2017.

LG announced that it had suspended its Plasma TV operations in August while an exit strategy was being considered.  

Via: DigitalSpy

Date: Saturday, 08 Nov 2014, 04:52 GMT | Message # 53

Friends

Scientists Create A Robot That Can Make You Think There's A Ghost In The Room

Welcome to the future -- we've reached the point where robots are, literally, messing with us now. 

Scientists have created a robotic simulation that can create the experience of having a presence behind you, similar to the sensation one might feel when they think a ghost (or a unknown person) is sneaking up behind them. As Popular Science notes, the phenomenon is described as "feeling of a presence."

A team of neuroscientists working in Switzerland believe the feeling is caused by "damage or confusion" in three areas of the brain. To test the theory, they created a robot with the ability to give relatively healthy people the sensation by sending mixed-up signals to the brain - essentially, a robot designed to punk humans and freak 'em out. It worked so well that two test subjects couldn't even finish. 

The 'bot works by blindfolding subjects and letting them push a lever in front of them, which is connected to a poking device behind them. After doing that a while, the poking sensation is delayed half a second -- which apparently makes one very, very uncomfortable. So much so that people felt like someone else was poking them, or they might've even drifted behind themselves. It's all attributed to sensory confusion. Freaky, right?

Via: PopularScience

Date: Sunday, 02 Jul 2017, 01:35 GMT | Message # 54

Friends

Robotic Police Are About To Start Patrolling In Dubai

With the immense wealth of the region, Dubai has quickly become one of the hottest places for companies to test out their newest, wildest future tech. It wasn't long ago that Dubai announced its plans to get flying taxis off the ground by the end of July, so it's quite fitting that robotic police - yes, actual autonomous police robots - will soon be patrolling the bustling city as well. What a time to be alive. 

The bots, which take the form of stout, four-wheeled driverless cars, are roughly the size of those small electric toy cars that kids can ride in, but obviously much more advanced. The cars can cruise along the road or patrol footpaths, and are equipped with a powerful camera system that scans the faces of anyone it comes across. That biometric data is then compared against known criminals and wanted individuals, alerting the police command center if it spots anyone who needs a closer look. 

But the ground-based patrol bot is really only half of the story, the bot comes with a built-in deployable drone which it can send skyward to get a better vantage point of anything it needs to investigate. The system will look for suspicious activity and report its findings back to officers. The bot can even head back to its base station to power up when its batteries are running low, patrolling at all hours of the day and covering more ground than the manned police force can on its own. 

Via: BGR

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Off Topic » The Water Cooler » The Official Tech Thread (Technology related discussions.)
Page 4 of 4«1234
Search: