Wizard World Comic Con New Orleans
January 5-7, 2017

The Happy Birthday thread
By KevinInEngland

The official funny thread
By chrisdvanne

Serenity Blu-ray Extra
By chrisdvanne

The OFFICIAL Summer Glau Appreciation Page!
By chrisdvanne

Summer Glau at Ottawa Comiccon 2014
By chrisdvanne

Interesting about the franchise and other TSCC things
By KevinInEngland

Submit a News or Article
By chrisdvanne

The Fanart Thread
By chrisdvanne

Juke Joint!
By Admirator

Misc. News on Movies and other Tidbits
By robbo

New comments

KevinInEngland on: Fan made TSCC season 3 trailer

Joseph Flowers on: Guess whose birthday it is today!

Joseph Flowers on: Guess whose birthday it is today!

Roboter on: Guess whose birthday it is today!

robbo on: Guess whose birthday it is today!

The1Russter on: Guess whose birthday it is today!

Charley_Dixon on: Guess whose birthday it is today!

Fermi on: Guess whose birthday it is today!

Admirator on: Guess whose birthday it is today!

Joseph Flowers on: Lovely shot of Summer and Val's wedding by Joan Allen

New videos

00:44:18

00:03:44

00:04:51

New Forum Posts Members Forum Rules Search

Page 9 of 10«1278910»
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Off Topic » The Water Cooler » Easter eggs and other (hidden) messages in movies/tv shows
Easter eggs and other (hidden) messages in movies/tv shows
Date: Thursday, 2013 Dec 12, 00:45 GMT | Message # 121

Friends

Quote chrisdvanne ()
In Arrow, even the rooftops have been digitally colour-coded to reflects the show's color symbolism.

How cool is that, its amazing what Technology can achieve when it is needed as described in the above Picture, colour-coded really neat stuff.

Date: Saturday, 2014 Feb 08, 16:10 GMT | Message # 122

Site Admin

When Cameron is around, nods to robots are never far away :D

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles "Queen's Gambit" S01E05
Cameron meets a prototype robot that smiles and waves at her in in the exhibition outside the chess tournament. Briefly visible on its control screen, alongside basic commands, is the word "BladeRunner" (see screen caps #5), a reference to James Cameron's classic sci-fi film which also features a dystopian future populated by humanoid robots.

TSCC easter egg - reference to James Cameron's Blade RunnerTSCC easter egg - reference to James Cameron's Blade RunnerTSCC easter egg - reference to James Cameron's Blade Runner
TSCC easter egg - reference to James Cameron's Blade RunnerTSCC easter egg - reference to James Cameron's Blade Runner

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

Date: Saturday, 2014 Feb 08, 23:34 GMT | Message # 123

Friends

I'm watching robocop:Prime directives as I write this and in the first part Robocop is "programmed" to kill John T Cable and when he finally confronts him he struggles to proceed in a same / Similar Fashion as Cameron struggled in TSCC

Robocop's HUD showed the text when facing John T. Cable

Directive 4: terminate John T. cable and Robocop overrides it with "Executive Override"

in TSCC Cameron's Hud when facing John connor shows "Terminate" and she overrides it with "termination Override"

I see quite a similarity here..don't you think?

"I saw the victims of a senseless crime, I was reminded that we don’t know when or where our time on Earth will end. When or where we will breathe our last breath." -- Jessica "Redfield" Ghawi

Message edited by Fox012 - Saturday, 2014 Feb 08, 23:36

Date: Sunday, 2014 Feb 09, 01:15 GMT | Message # 124

Site Admin

Quote Fox012 ()
I see quite a similarity here..don't you think?

I think "Termination/Executive Override" is a common expression and there's nothing unusual to use it in a similar situation.

Date: Tuesday, 2014 Feb 11, 13:20 GMT | Message # 125

Site Admin

Continuity mistake: Season 2, Episode 21: Adam Raised a Cain
When James Ellison leaves the elevator after talking to Catherine Weaver, Catherine's fringe has changed from its original position. At first it was diagonally across her forehead, but when James leaves the elevator, it is swept back.

TSCC Season 2, Episode 21: Adam Raised a CainTSCC Season 2, Episode 21: Adam Raised a Cain

Edit: but as @j_hansson told me on Twitter, "Catherine Weaver is a shape-shifting, liquid metal robot, surely she can change her haircut a bit. ;)".

Date: Tuesday, 2014 Feb 11, 18:15 GMT | Message # 126

Writer

Recycled Locations

Topic probably not for here, but its fairly close.

Has anyone else notice the constant reuse of locations in TV shows. Now I'm talking reusing a location in a single TV series, as that makes sense. What I'm talking about is the same locations being used across many programs.

Last night I got a triple treat in Almost Human on FOX. I spotted locations used in (order of appearance) Eureka roadside and woods; a building that was used as government building on an alien planet on StarGate Atlantis; and finally a residence and water view from that residence that I recognized from Caprica. Of course some light research revealed all these shows are filmed in the Vancouver, British Columbia and surrounding area.

I got a similar treat on Intelligence on CBS by seeing a few familiar locations I recognized: a neighborhood from CSI and Criminal Minds, and a farmhouse I know I recognize, but not certain what show. My inner voice says NCIS but I'm not certain. Its fairly obvious, without research, that these shows are filmed in and around Los Angeles.

Don't even get me started on Agents of SHIELD. I've seen more recognizable locations in every episode of that series than I have in any other show.

Does anyone remember when Toronto Canada was used as a stand-in location in the 1980's and 1990's for filming TV shows and movies set in New York City? Now I swear we see the same backlot set getting constantly redressed for multiple series. I believe the only show that breaks the mold for using stand-ins for New York City is Person of Interest which films in New York City. That is when you expect to see repeated location use in a single series.

At one time I thought it fun to see a familiar location, now I don't. I know cost is a factor in shooting a TV series, and getting permission to use a previously used site is easier and cheaper than getting permission to use a previously unavailable location. Its just getting so tiring and boring and distracting to see the same damn park standing in for every forest along the eastern USA & California on Numb3rs, NCIS, Criminal Minds, etc.; the same bit of jungle-like overgrowth standing in for every tropical location used in JAG, NCIS, UNIT, Agents of SHIELD; and same bit of California grassy hillsides used for every location set in the Middle East to Central Asia for every show that has ever had an episode with a story in that part of the world, The Agency, UNIT, JAG, NCIS, NCIS:LA, Agents of SHIELD, just to name a few.

Complaining - no not really, but maybe I am. Once in a while I'd like to watch TV show and wonder "where the hell did they shoot that scene" instead of saying "Oh I recognize that place!" It kind of breaks that fourth wall when you see the same location that's supposed to be in different places, or times, or worlds, used over again, especially multiple times. It destroys the ability to get immersed in the drama when you are shaken out of it so abruptly by recognizable locations from other shows.

Maybe this post isn't for here - the admin feel free to delete this post if it doesn't - and I'm sorry this post soured in tone. But maybe someone will find the humor or interest in these "recycled" locations. smile

Take Back the Future! Save Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles REUNION

Message edited by The1Russter - Wednesday, 2014 Feb 12, 05:14

Date: Tuesday, 2014 Feb 11, 21:50 GMT | Message # 127

Site Admin

Quote The1Russter ()
Topic probably not for here, but its fairly close.

You'll notice that my previous post - #125 - doesn't exactly belong here but it's fairly close as you said. I posted a similar article but for TSCC a while ago.

Thanks for these interesting tidbits.

Date: Tuesday, 2014 Feb 11, 23:54 GMT | Message # 128

Friends

# 126  Very interesting read indeed. you learn something new every day. "Recycled" locations who would have thought. then again I am not very eagle-eyed when it comes down to TV shows.

Date: Wednesday, 2014 Feb 12, 17:58 GMT | Message # 129

Site Admin

Gnothi Seauton - S1-E2

Continuity mistake: When Sarah throws Cameron out of the window after the rigged safe deactivates her, she lands on the roof of a car at the bottom with her legs straight, arms straight at a diagonal angle and her head looking straight up. But four shots later, she is lying on the car with her legs bent over the roof, her arms at a horizontal angle and her head looking to the left.

TSCC Gnothi Seauton s01e02 Cameron out of the window after the rigged safe deactivates herTSCC Gnothi Seauton s01e02 Cameron out of the window after the rigged safe deactivates her

And another great stunt by Summer's stunt double Sonja Munsterman

Date: Wednesday, 2014 Feb 19, 19:22 GMT | Message # 130

Site Admin

Gnothi Seauton - S1-E2

Continuity mistake: After Sarah lies to get Cameron away from the cop, the collar on Cameron's jacket is folded forwards over her neck as she walks down the alley with Sarah. She then tells Sarah that it's 13 miles to walk home and that they need another car. In the following shot, her collar is folded back towards her shoulders.

TSCC S01E02 Gnothi SeautonTSCC S01E02 Gnothi Seauton

Date: Sunday, 2014 Mar 02, 01:44 GMT | Message # 131

Site Admin

MitchG93 made an interesting discovery.

Each of the episodes for Arrow and Supernatural that aired in the week commencing 24th February 2014 used the same location. Not really a surprise considering they are produced by the same network [and are both filmed in Vancouver] but I thought this was cool none the less.

Arrow and Supernatural used the same location

Date: Friday, 2014 Sep 19, 13:10 GMT | Message # 132

Site Admin

Quote KevinInEngland ()
Here's a little teaser question for TSCC fans;
When Cromartie's headless endo emerged from amongst the scrap metal, did anyone see a clue as to where some of that scrap metal came from?
(It's from the ep. 1_2 Gnothi Seauton)

The damaged wall plaque at the botton of the screen is there to remind us that the endo comes from the Security Trust of Los Angeles smile

Cromartie's headless endo emerged from amongst the scrap metalCromartie's headless endo emerged from amongst the scrap metalCromartie's headless endo emerged from amongst the scrap metalCromartie's headless endo emerged from amongst the scrap metal

Date: Saturday, 2014 Sep 20, 22:16 GMT | Message # 133

Friends

# 132. Ah OK, you either spotted it or saw my comment from some time ago. Nice screen grabs or PrtSc btw.
Here's another question for you. In the picture of the LA skyline, do you think the makers of TSCC deliberately placed the tallest building in the background? It has a name that people will be familiar with and possibly not too happy to hear either.
To this day, I still don't know how far away that skyline view was but it is possible to know from what angle the shot is taken just by looking at the arrangement of the skyscrapers. I wondered where the scene was shot and what building they used to play the bank. I'm sure it wasn't really a bank. I had a strange feeling it also featured in a film that I saw recently, which I can't remember the name of. (I'm annoyed that I deleted it from my recorder).
We know that the Oilfield House appeared in an episode of Criminal Minds.
I also think that the film 'The China Syndrome' was used by the writer of 2_2 Automatic For The People as his idea for that episode. I'm even sure it might have been filmed in the same nuclear power station, as I saw a few similarities to that TSCC episode. It had the big metal wheels, one of which was turned off by Cameron.

Date: Sunday, 2014 Dec 28, 18:56 GMT | Message # 134

Site Admin

When Cameron is around, nods to the Terminator movies are not far away!

Watch the bts video and screenshots from TSCC and Terminator 2 at: TSCC Behind the Scenes Video: When Cameron Reenacts a Scene From Terminator 2

Date: Thursday, 2015 Feb 05, 18:27 GMT | Message # 135

Site Admin

The colored floor markings used to show the actors where they should stand during a take are clearly visible in this behind-the-scenes photos from Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles 2.03 'The MouseTrap'.

behind-the-scenes photos from Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles 2.03 'The MouseTrap'.

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Off Topic » The Water Cooler » Easter eggs and other (hidden) messages in movies/tv shows
Page 9 of 10«1278910»
Search: