Wizard World Comic Con New Orleans
January 5-7, 2017

The Happy Birthday thread
By KevinInEngland

The official funny thread
By chrisdvanne

Serenity Blu-ray Extra
By chrisdvanne

The OFFICIAL Summer Glau Appreciation Page!
By chrisdvanne

Summer Glau at Ottawa Comiccon 2014
By chrisdvanne

Interesting about the franchise and other TSCC things
By KevinInEngland

Submit a News or Article
By chrisdvanne

The Fanart Thread
By chrisdvanne

Juke Joint!
By Admirator

Misc. News on Movies and other Tidbits
By robbo

New comments

KevinInEngland on: Fan made TSCC season 3 trailer

Joseph Flowers on: Guess whose birthday it is today!

Joseph Flowers on: Guess whose birthday it is today!

Roboter on: Guess whose birthday it is today!

robbo on: Guess whose birthday it is today!

The1Russter on: Guess whose birthday it is today!

Charley_Dixon on: Guess whose birthday it is today!

Fermi on: Guess whose birthday it is today!

Admirator on: Guess whose birthday it is today!

Joseph Flowers on: Lovely shot of Summer and Val's wedding by Joan Allen

New videos

00:44:18

00:03:44

00:04:51

New Forum Posts Members Forum Rules Search

Page 8 of 10«12678910»
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Off Topic » The Water Cooler » Easter eggs and other (hidden) messages in movies/tv shows
Easter eggs and other (hidden) messages in movies/tv shows
Date: Wednesday, 2013 Aug 28, 09:31 GMT | Message # 106

Site Admin

Promotional photos or posters and DVD cover art for tv shows are a good indicator of who is a fan favorite.

We've already talked about it for TSCC season 1 & 2 and the place of Summer Glau; same thing is happening for Emily Bett Rickards, who plays fan favorite Felicity Smoake.

You've probaby seen the latest promo art for Arrow season 2, inwhich Emily Bett Rickards (blond girl next to Stephen "Arrow" Amell) features prominently, while Katie Cassidy, who plays Laurel Lance, is relegated to the background.

<New promo art for Arrow season 2 is out
New promo art for Arrow season 2 is out!

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

Date: Thursday, 2013 Oct 03, 08:41 GMT | Message # 107

Site Admin

Working alongside Laurel as she embraces her anti-vigilante cause is a new character, ADA Adam Donner (played by Dylan Bruce aka Orphan Black’s Hot Paul). “He’s a good guy, we hope,” Kreisberg said. “But he’s there as another foil for Laurel.”
Adam is also there as a callback to some “super” DNA, named as he is after 1978 Superman movie director Richard Donner. “We had a sign everywhere on the set that said, ‘Verisimilitude’” — as in Donner’s famous on-set mantra during that shoot. Meaning authenticity/plausibility, “That was the launch word for that movie,” Kreisberg said, “and that’s the word that we have adopted as well.”

Margot Kidder and Christopher Reeves - Superman

Date: Wednesday, 2013 Oct 09, 20:01 GMT | Message # 108

Site Admin

As you may know, former Stargate SG-1 actress Teryl Rothery will play DC Character Jean Loring on Arrow season 2 for a multi-episode arc! She will reunite with Emily Bett Rickards, who plays Oliver Queen Side kick Felicity Smoake on Arrow; indeed, the two actresses played together in 2012 direct-to-DVD film 'Flicka Country Pride':

Date: Saturday, 2013 Oct 12, 18:49 GMT | Message # 109

Site Admin

Marrett Green, the actor playing the TV News Anchor on Arrow played the same role on Smallville, and in countless tv shows or movies filmed in Vancouver.

There's your shared universe:

Marrett Green, the actor playing the TV News Anchor on Arrow played the same role on Smallville

And the list goes on at IMDb.

And if you're not familiar with Marrett Green's face, here's a funny video with him and Arrow star Stephen Amell on set.

Date: Sunday, 2013 Oct 13, 00:09 GMT | Message # 110

Site Admin

Just a few names from the Arrow series bunched together:

Stone, Lance, Merlyn, Queen, Smoak(Smoke), Fyers(Fires), Harper...

The characters listed above were introduced over a span of decades but it's hard to deny there's a certain "theme" to them wink

Date: Monday, 2013 Oct 14, 11:51 GMT | Message # 111

Site Admin

Did you notice Felicity's hair blowing the wrong way in the opening scene in Arrow 2x01 'City of Heroes'?

Felicity's hair blowing the wrong way in the opening scene in Arrow 2x01 'City of Heroes

Thanks to Sharini for the heads up.

Date: Saturday, 2013 Oct 19, 22:35 GMT | Message # 112

Site Admin

Read how Arrow writers have spread easter eggs about the origin story of Barry Allen/The Flash (set to appear in ep. 8, 9 and 20) in the news flashes.

The building of a particule accelerator was mentioned in the local news twice, once in the season premiere of Arrox and then in the second episode.

In 2x01 'City of Heroes':

Before cutting to news of Oliver Queen's return to Starling City, the news reporter can be heard stating, "...a representative from Central City's S.T.A.R. Labs says the particle accelerator will be ready by Christmas."

particule accelerator was mentioned in arrow 2x02 'Identity

In 2x02 'Identity':

Just after Oliver and Diggle watch the news report about China White being captured, the news reporter mentions something about protests continuing and a particle accelerator. It's sort of hard to hear, because Diggle is talking over the top of it.

particule accelerator was mentioned in arrow 2x02 'Identity

There's no way it's a coincidence that it's mentioned twice. Central City is the home of The Flash and there's a good chance Barry Allen gets hit by lightening while near the accelerator.
Gustin Grant will be playing Barry Allen/The Flash in Episodes 8, 9, and 20 of Arrow Season 2. Gustin can be seen  standing next to Summer Glau in this photo taken on set of Arrow (probably ep. 8 or 9):

Summer Glau and the Arrow cast on set

Also, the anchor, Bethany Snow is a DC Comics character and follower of Sebastian Blood,  played this season by True Blood alum, Kevin Alejandro.

I love how Arrow writers plan these things well in advance smile

Date: Sunday, 2013 Oct 20, 14:34 GMT | Message # 113

Friends

nice catch chris, i love how they did this, really subtile.

knowledge is power.

Date: Sunday, 2013 Oct 20, 15:36 GMT | Message # 114

Site Admin

Quote dylangillian ()
nice catch chris, i love how they did this, really subtile.

To be honest I simply gathered two remarks from fans who noticed that.

That said, I've already mentioned several times in this thread that the choice of a news during a news flash or a movie running in the background is never a coincidence and has a meaning.

Date: Sunday, 2013 Oct 20, 17:37 GMT | Message # 115

Friends

Quote chrisdvanne ()
To be honest I simply gathered two remarks from fans who noticed that.

i suspected as much   wink

knowledge is power.

Message edited by dylangillian - Sunday, 2013 Oct 20, 17:38

Date: Sunday, 2013 Oct 20, 17:53 GMT | Message # 116

Site Admin

The following images found online, while funny, got it all wrong.
The color of Thea and Felicity dresses in Arrow season 2 premiere have little to do with fashion; the choice of color reflects the state of mind inwhich the characters were.

Thea's orange dress in Arrow 2x01 City of HeroesFelicity's blue dress in Arrow 2x01 City of Heroes

At the begining of the episode, Thea was angry at her mother because she held her responsible for the 503 deads caused by the earthquake in The Glades; the intermediary color (a mix between the two primary colors red and yellow), reflects her confusion.
On the opposite, Felicity blue dress reflects her loyaulty to Oliver; when Felicity was confused by Oliver's behaviours, she wore purple colors (a mix between the two primary colors red and blue), as seen in the first season.

On the same topic, you can read a previous Blog post: Summer Glau Red Dress and Color Symbolism on Arrow

Date: Monday, 2013 Nov 04, 11:56 GMT | Message # 117

Site Admin

The League of Assassins is coming in Arrow and there is a poll on TV.com inwhich voters think that one of the female characters is actually Tailia Al Gaul, daughter of Ras Al Gaul, leader of the League of Assassins.

Who Could Be Talia al Ghul? (If She's in the Show):

Comment from our friend Hicks, who mentioned the poll to me:

But there's no confirmation that Tailia will even be on the show, let alone Summer. Plus since Summer's character is a separate character, but wouldn't be the first time characters were combined.
The point is, I think that would be interesting if Summer actually turned out to be Tailia Al Gaul.
And if it turns out that way, doubtful, it would be funny because she worked with Nathan Fillion, whose co-star on Castle is Stana Katic, who played Tailia in the game Batman: Arkham City.

Date: Wednesday, 2013 Nov 20, 19:46 GMT | Message # 118

Site Admin

Interesting parallel between the dialogs in scenes from Terminator: The Sarah Connor chronicles and Arrow.

Terminator the Sarah Connor Chronicles 2x08 'Mr Ferguson is Ill Today'

2x08 Mr Ferguson is Ill Today 1080p HD

Cameron Phillips: I understand that being John Connor can be lonely.
John Connor: Oh yeah? How do you understand that?
Cameron Phillips: You and I talk about it a lot.
John Connor: We do?
Cameron Phillips: We do. We will.

Arrow 2x06 'Keep Your Enemies Closer'

Isabel: You're intelligent. Driven. And lonely. Arrow 2x06 ' Keep Your Enemies Closer'

Isabel: Underneath that swagger, I see you pretty clearly.
Oliver: Really? And what do you see?
Isabel: You're intelligent. Driven. And lonely.
Oliver: How do you see that?
Isabel: Because it's what I see when I look in the mirror.

It shows that Arrow is far superior to TSCC because Isabel and Oliver slept together after that scene while Jameron fans didn't even get a single kiss angry2

Date: Tuesday, 2013 Nov 26, 14:46 GMT | Message # 119

Friends

Quote chrisdvanne ()
It shows that Arrow is far superior to TSCC because Isabel and Oliver slept together after that scene while Jameron fans didn't even get a single kiss

of course it would be allot stranger  to have a terminator sleep with someone than with two normal people ( although i side with you wink )

knowledge is power.

Message edited by dylangillian - Tuesday, 2013 Nov 26, 14:46

Date: Thursday, 2013 Dec 12, 00:05 GMT | Message # 120

Site Admin

In Arrow, even the rooftops have been digitally colour-coded to reflects the show's color symbolism.

In Arrow, even the rooftops have been digitally colour-coded to reflects the show's color symbolism.

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Off Topic » The Water Cooler » Easter eggs and other (hidden) messages in movies/tv shows
Page 8 of 10«12678910»
Search: