menu
person
Welcome to summer-glau.com, your fan source for all things Summer on the web. Browse around the site and visit our growing GALLERY housing over 65,000 photos. Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter and Facebook and be sure to visit the site again!
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Off Topic » The Water Cooler » Easter eggs and other (hidden) messages in movies/tv shows
Easter eggs and other (hidden) messages in movies/tv shows
MetalDate: Wednesday, 24 Jul 2013, 05:51 | Message # 91
Group: Friends
Well as far as I am concerned there's only one River in the whole verse! 
And thats Summer Tam. :P 

I know that Dr. Who is big, but I could never put it next to Farscape or Firefly personally for myself. 

Otherwise great find, I never knew about this particular fact. And I must admit that's quite interesting.

The1RussterDate: Wednesday, 24 Jul 2013, 16:55 | Message # 92
Group: Writer
When the Season 2 Trailer of Arrow was released this past weekend, I noticed something in a scene from the Season 1 finale that I didn't initially notice when I watched the episode.

After the device under the streets of the Glades goes off that creates an earthquake that brings down most of the buildings, there is a shot that pans up past the rubble, and showing a helicopter in the distance shining its light as it flies right to left past the skyscrapers of Starling City. video link (watch at 1:20): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTBnKedZmqw

Screen Capture:

I thought to myself that looks familiar. The entire shot, the panning upward, rubble in foreground, framed left and right by partially damaged buildings in the mid-ground, and in the back ground a helicopter flying past right to left shining its light with the city in the far distance.

I knew it looked familiar but was too busy to hunt up which episode of TSCC I saw something similar. This morning I saw a fan video featuring Derek & Kyle in the future from an episode of Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles. Video link (watch at 0:40): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S44i6sjRNoA

Screen Capture:

With exception of the subject matter, frame for frame, that move by the camera and the scene are almost identical. In this shot, the camera pans upwards with rubble in the foreground, framed left and right by damaged structures in the mid-ground, and in the background an HK (Hunter-Killer) flies past right to left shining its light with the nuked city the far distance.

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles REUNION

Message edited by The1Russter - Wednesday, 24 Jul 2013, 17:07

dylangillianDate: Wednesday, 24 Jul 2013, 17:08 | Message # 93
i also tought it looked familiar, but i also was too busy to look it up, and i eventually totally forgot about it. do you think they did this on purpose?

knowledge is power.

The1RussterDate: Wednesday, 24 Jul 2013, 17:22 | Message # 94
Group: Writer
Quote (dylangillian)
i also tought it looked familiar, but i also was too busy to look it up, and i eventually totally forgot about it. do you think they did this on purpose?

I don't know.  Maybe it was the same CGI team that did both and simply used the pattern from the effect used in TSCC, but with new graphics. The camera angles are similar as well. It would be interesting to know if similar production staff were on both shows. After all, both series are produced by Warner Brothers.

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles REUNION

Message edited by The1Russter - Wednesday, 24 Jul 2013, 17:25

dylangillianDate: Wednesday, 24 Jul 2013, 17:26 | Message # 95
Quote (The1Russter)
Maybe it was the same CGI team that did both and simply used the pattern from the effect used in TSCC

i guess that's why (we'll probably get to see more of these shots in season 2 i guess).

knowledge is power.

MetalDate: Thursday, 25 Jul 2013, 01:31 | Message # 96
First thing that popped into my mind when I saw that scene in Arrow was TSCC & Terminator in general, I didn't thought about that in such dept tho. If it is the same CGI team I can only be happy if they will work on season two too. happy

chrisdvanne_Date: Thursday, 25 Jul 2013, 02:48 | Message # 97
Group: Administrators
Quote (The1Russter)
Maybe it was the same CGI team that did both and simply used the pattern from the effect used in TSCC, but with new graphics. The camera angles are similar as well. It would be interesting to know if similar production staff were on both shows. After all, both series are produced by Warner Brothers.

This CGI company, Zoic Studios, worked on both TSCC (for the Terminator endoskeletons only apparently) and Arrow. But I couldn't find the connection with this specific scene.
ZOIC STUDIOS - TELEVISION REEL: Terminator sight at 2:21 http://www.zoicstudios.com/filter....on-Reel

Another CGI company, Entity FX, worked on TSCC but not for Arrow:
Terminator sight at 3:54 (and also near the end) http://www.entityfx.com/player/#p=16

This guy, Junji Hirano, worked for Entity FX on TSCC and is now working on Arrow.

Nothing conclusive.

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

chrisdvanne_Date: Friday, 26 Jul 2013, 13:34 | Message # 98
Meet Summer Glau's stunt double on NTSFSDSUV, Jennifer Bager ( stunt double for Cote de Pablo on the current season of NCIS on CBS, among many other things):

Screen caps

chrisdvanne_Date: Friday, 02 Aug 2013, 19:37 | Message # 99
I guess you remember the captain of the cruise ship in LMN's drama "Deadly Honeymoon", starring Summer Glau as a young bride who is suspected of murdering her husband during their honeymoon cruise.
The name of the actor who plays the captain is Mark Harelik.

Deadly Honeymoon, starring Summer Glau as a young bride who is suspected of murdering her husband during their honeymoon cruise.Deadly Honeymoon, starring Summer Glau as a young bride who is suspected of murdering her husband during their honeymoon cruise.Deadly Honeymoon, starring Summer Glau as a young bride who is suspected of murdering her husband during their honeymoon cruise.Deadly Honeymoon, starring Summer Glau as a young bride who is suspected of murdering her husband during their honeymoon cruise.

But did you know that he played previously with Summer Glau (even if they didn't share a scene) in Angel 3.13 "Wating in the Wings"?
And even knowing that, I doubt many of you would have recognized Mark Harelik as the jealous Count Kurksov, the ballet company owner who has encased his unfaithful prima ballerina (Summer Glau) in a temporal loop, dooming her to perform Giselle over and over again for him:

Mark Harelik as the jealous Count Kurksov in Angel 3.13 Wating in the Wings

FrankDate: Friday, 02 Aug 2013, 20:28 | Message # 100
Indeed, rather unexpected coincidence.

chrisdvanne_Date: Sunday, 04 Aug 2013, 15:40 | Message # 101
I'm pretty sure Kevin already mentioned it but the recent announce of the arrival of Orphan Black's Dylan Bruce on Arrow as Laurel’s new co-worker Adam Donner gives me the opportunity to remind you that tidbit of info:

The character of Kira, the young but estranged daughter of Sarah Manning (Tatiana Maslany), on Orphan Black is played by child actress Skyler Wexler, whom you may know for her role as Skylar Adams's daughter Zoe on Alphas.

Skyler Wexler and Tatiana Maslany in Canadian science fiction television series Orphan Black
Skyler Wexler and Tatiana Maslany in Canadian science fiction
television series Orphan Black

Skyler Wexler and Summer Glau in Syfy's television series Alphas
Skyler Wexler and Summer Glau in Syfy's television series Alphas

chrisdvanne_Date: Tuesday, 06 Aug 2013, 15:22 | Message # 102
Many fans of Summer Glau and Emily Bett Rickards (Felicity Smoak on Arrow) have noticed that Felicity is present in every scene with Isabel Rochev and Oliver Queen (see Message # 115 in the Arrow thread). And everyone is wondering what the dynamic between the Isabel, Oliver and Felicity will be.

And when looking at the following screencap and the primary colors of summer's and Emily's dresses (see cap below), I can't help thinking of the psychology of colors used in Smallville (see Message # 4 in this thread).

Felicity is present in every scene with Isabel Rochev and Oliver Queen
Summer Glau's Isabel is on the left, wearing a red dress while Felicity is on the right, wearing a (revealing) blue dress.

I'm convinced Summer Glau's character will bring Oliver and Felicity closer together...Even if Isabel and Oliver develop a romantic relationship first biggrin

chrisdvanne_Date: Wednesday, 07 Aug 2013, 09:35 | Message # 103
Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters's director is a fan of Firefly and since Nathan Fillian plays the part of Hermes on the movie, he had to include a reference to Firefly in the movie.

Nathan Fillion and Logan Lerman in Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters
Nathan Fillion and Logan Lerman in Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters.

“I worked with a great writer on this film, and I told him that we would cast Nathan. And he instantly went back to the computer and revised lines. He actually wrote a very direct Firefly reference into it that had Hermes say, ‘Hey, the best show ever is Firefly.’ And that really takes you out of the movie. So while it was a great sort of general direction to go in, Nathan came up with ‘Greatest television show ever so of course, canceled.’”
Source: hypable

I wonder if the "great writer" mention by Thor Freudenthal is Marc Guggenheim (who wrote the screenplay); Guggenheim is also Arrow's co-creator and executive producer.

chrisdvanne_Date: Thursday, 08 Aug 2013, 23:34 | Message # 104
Hollywood is a small world and and it's not unusual that the same actor plays secondary roles in two tv shows at the same time.

This is what is happening for Vancouver-based actors Roger R. Cross and Adrian Holmes, who both play simultaneously on my current favorite tv shows, namely Continuum and Arrow, both filmed in Vancouver, Canada.

Roger R. Cross plays Liber 8 member Travis Verta on Continuum and police detective Lucas Hilton, and partner with Quentin Lance, on Arrow.

Liber 8 member Travis Verta in Continuum
Travis Verta doing what he does best, threatening people, Alec Sadler in this case, in Continuum.

Roger R. Cross as Detective Lucas Hilton in Arrow
Detective Lucas Hilton arrests Oliver Queen's mother in Arrow season finale

Adrian Holmes plays the freelancer known as Warren on Continuum and police Lieutenant Frank Pike - and one of Quentin Lance and Lucas Hilton's superiors - on Arrow.

Adrian Holmes as the freelancer Warren on Continuum
Adrian Holmes plays the freelancer known as Warren on Continuum.

Adrian Holmes as police Lieutenant Frank Pike on Arrow.
Adrian Holmes as police Lieutenant Frank Pike on Arrow.

robboDate: Thursday, 08 Aug 2013, 23:49 | Message # 105
amazing bit of archive knowledge, your not just good chris, wink your absolutely too good you are an `encyclopedia` wicked man, wink

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Off Topic » The Water Cooler » Easter eggs and other (hidden) messages in movies/tv shows
Search: