menu
person
Welcome to summer-glau.com, your fan source for all things Summer on the web. Browse around the site and visit our growing GALLERY housing over 65,000 photos. Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter and Facebook and be sure to visit the site again!
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Off Topic » The Water Cooler » Easter eggs and other (hidden) messages in movies/tv shows
Easter eggs and other (hidden) messages in movies/tv shows
chrisdvanne_Date: Friday, 24 May 2013, 09:52 | Message # 76
Group: Administrators
Shirley Manson's most prominent scene in TSCC season 2 premiere 'Samson and Delilah' is the urinal transformation of the T-1001 (also a reference to Robert Patrick's T-1000 in Terminator 2):

But did you know that one of her band Garbage's biggest hits, "Androgyny," featured lyrics about "boys in the girls' room, girls in the men's room."?

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

chrisdvanne_Date: Saturday, 15 Jun 2013, 13:01 | Message # 77
Everything must be perfect in teen movies's world.

For example, Summer's mole on her right eyebrow is conveniently hidden behind a strand of hair:

Sleepover screencaps

Similarly, one of the four main young actresses (the one in blue t-shirt and jacket, second from left on the cap) is not featured on the DVD cover, probably because she's on the chubby side:

Sleepover DVD Jacket

Sleepover screencaps

chrisdvanne_Date: Sunday, 16 Jun 2013, 15:53 | Message # 78
So now that makes three of Summer Glau co-stars who play in NBC's Revolution, namely David Lyons (as General Sebastian 'Bass' Monroe ), Malik Yoba (as Jim Hudson) and
Glenn Morshower (as Dan)

David Lyons and Summer Glau in 'The Cape'
David Lyons and Summer Glau in 'The Cape'

David Lyons in 'Revolution'

Malik Yoba and Summer Glau in 'Alphas'
Malik Yoba and Summer Glau in 'Alphas'

Malik Yoba in 'Revolution'

Glenn Morshower in The Legend of Hell's Gate
Glenn Morshower in The Legend of Hell's Gate'

Glenn Morshower in 'Revolution'
Glenn Morshower in The Legend of Hell's Gate'

chrisdvanne_Date: Wednesday, 19 Jun 2013, 22:03 | Message # 79
Now you know that they used green screen and CGI in Deadly Honeymoon: Behind the magic: building a digital cruise ship for Deadly Honeymoon

Here's an example of bad CGI (second photo): before the actors, the wooden railing is red but it is brown after them.

Deadly Honeymoon Visual effects
Deadly Honeymoon Visual effects

EDIT: Fox012 and The1Russter have aptly observed that the railing is brown after them in the Non-CGI image as well. Bad painting?

The1RussterDate: Wednesday, 19 Jun 2013, 22:22 | Message # 80
Group: Writer
Actually, if you look closely, the railing looks brown beyond Summer in the green-screen picture as well. My guess is Summer leaned on the railing at the juncture of two boards and the boards reflect the light differently. Wood even from the same type of tree can and do react differently when exposed to sea water and sunlight. Perhaps one of the boards making up the handrail is a replacement and was stained differently

What I noticed about the railing in the second picture is that the perspective is wrong. The handrail should intersect that post a little lower down to align properly with perspective. The CGI extension of the handrail makes it appear to be angling up.

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles REUNION

Fox012Date: Wednesday, 19 Jun 2013, 22:34 | Message # 81
I would say it's intended to blend in with the CGI...

"I saw the victims of a senseless crime, I was reminded that we don’t know when or where our time on Earth will end. When or where we will breathe our last breath." -- Jessica "Redfield" Ghawi

chrisdvanne_Date: Friday, 21 Jun 2013, 08:59 | Message # 82
Green screens are everywhere smile

Holliston season 2 BTS photo featuring actor/creator Joe Lynch

chrisdvanne_Date: Tuesday, 25 Jun 2013, 13:18 | Message # 83
Fox012 send me this photo and "suggested" that I write about this specific Summer Glau's expression (sticking out one's tong):

The truth is I had spotted that specific expression on tv/show movies before and I wanted to tell you under what circumstances Summer Glau uses it, as an actress; here we go:

Deadly Honeymoon (2010).
Right before this scene, FBI Investigator Merced starts to question Lyndsey's (Summer Glau) version of what happened to her husband Trevor. Merced suspecs that Lyndsey might have killed him, forcing Lyndsey to explain herself on lies or inconssistencies on her previous statements. So Lyndsey pulls out a new card by influencing her friend in order to deflect suspicion from herself:

Summer Glau in Deadly Honeymoon
Deadly Honeymoon HD 1080p

Summer Glau made the same grin in a similar situation as Maggie Hoapili in CBS's crime procedural Hawaii Five-0.
She repeatedly stick out her tongue when H50 police officers confronted her with her lies during a previous interrogation session, which led to her being arrested.

Summer Glau in Hawaii Five-0 3.16 Kekoa
Summer Glau in Hawaii Five-0 3.16 Kekoa

chrisdvanne_Date: Thursday, 27 Jun 2013, 11:41 | Message # 84
Hollywood is a small world!

I was watching a demo reel for actor Peter Katona (Peter who?) when two well-known faces showed up biggrin
Btw, you may know Peter Katona from his role in 'Deadly Honeymoon' (the Hungarian who tried to seduce Lyndsey):

Peter Katona
Peter Katona.

Brian Austin Green
Brian Austin Green aka Derek Reese in Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles.

Jon Huertas
Jon Huertas aka Detective Javier Esposito and Kacy's husband in Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles.

Peter Katona and Summer Glau in Deadly Honeymoon
Peter Katona and Summer Glau in Deadly Honeymoon.

chrisdvanne_Date: Monday, 08 Jul 2013, 17:56 | Message # 85
"We'll see." is a notable line in Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles. Here are three examples:

In TSCC season 2 episode 1 'Samson and Delilah', when Agent James Ellison refuses to help Cromartie to find the Connors, Cromartie replied "We'll see".

Ellison: I'll never do the devil's work.
Cromartie: We'll see.

Garret Dillahunt as Cromatie in TSCC season 2 episode 1 'Samson and Delilah'

In TSCC season 2 episode 11 'Self Made Man'

Upon hearing Jeffer's fighting words... Myron Stark was reported to reply simply, we'll see.

Myron Stark in TSCC season 2 episode 1 'Self Made Man'

In TSCC season 2 episode 22 'Born to Run', Catherine Weaver and John Henry simultaneously say "We'll see" to Ellison.

Ellison: She'll never leave his side and he'll never leave his mother's.
Catherine Weaver and John Henry simultaneously: We'll see.

Catherine Weaver in TSCC season 2 episode 22 'Born to Run'

chrisdvanne_Date: Wednesday, 10 Jul 2013, 17:52 | Message # 86
"Thank you for explaining." is a line used by several Terminators in the Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles; here are three examples:

In TSCC season 1 episode 2 'Gnothi Seauton', after Sarah Connor calls Cameron "Tin Man" but doesn't explain why, Cameron says "Thank you for explaining".

Sarah: "You all put back together, Tin Man?
Cameron: "Tin Man?"
Sarah: "You ready to go."
Cameron: "Thank you for explaining."

Sarah calls Cameron 'Tin Man' in TSCC season 1 episode 2 'Gnothi Seauton'

In TSCC season 1 episode 4 'Heavy Metal', after John helps her with the DVD player/TV set, Cameron says "Thanks for explaining".

Cameron: "It won't play."
John: "Put it on Video 2."
Cameron: "Oh. Thank you for explaining."

In TSCC season 1 episode 4 'Heavy Metal', John helps Cameron with the DVD player/TV set

In TSCC season 2 episode 16 'Some Must Watch, While Some Must Sleep', during one of Sarah Connor's dreams, Nurse Hobson says "Thank you for explaining" to another member of the sleep clinic.

Clinic employee: "Ms Baum eloctrodes must have slipped off again."
Nurse Hobson: "Thank you for explaining."

In TSCC season 2 episode 16 'Some Must Watch, While Some Must Sleep', during one of Sarah Connor's dreams, Nurse Hobson says

chrisdvanne_Date: Sunday, 14 Jul 2013, 08:38 | Message # 87
Did you know that David Nutter directed both the TSCC (2008) and the Arrow (2012) pilot?

Director David Nutter and Summer Glau on set of Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles pilot
Director David Nutter and Summer Glau on set of Terminator: The Sarah Connor
Chronicles pilot

That said, the list of tv series's pilots that David Nutter directed is very impressive (Smallville, Dark Angel, Supernatural,...)

chrisdvanne_Date: Wednesday, 17 Jul 2013, 19:55 | Message # 88
Did you know that we got a glimpse of (presumably) Isabel Rochev in Arrow 1×22 “Darkness At The Edge of Town”?

Near the middle of the episode, we return on the island and found out what Fyers’s boss end game is. Fyers, the English man leading the operations on the island, is going to destabilize the Chinese economy by shooting down a Ferris Airlines plane. We see Fyers calling his boss using a satellite phone saying "It's happening". The man at the other end of the line then reports to a lady, visibly at the head of this operation.
The woman is only shown from the knees down as she is sitting in a chair, and of course the actress supposed to play the part was not cast at the time this episode was filmed (read more about Summer Glau's casting process in the Blog: Arrow: Will Summer Glau be Oliver's new love interest?)

Glimpse of Isabel Rochev in Arrow 1×22 Darkness At The Edge of TownGlimpse of Isabel Rochev in Arrow 1×22 Darkness At The Edge of Town
Glimpse of Isabel Rochev in Arrow 1×22 Darkness At The Edge of Town

dylangillianDate: Wednesday, 17 Jul 2013, 20:31 | Message # 89
Group: Friends
i was wondering who that was, i guess it indeed was isabel rochev.

knowledge is power.

chrisdvanne_Date: Tuesday, 23 Jul 2013, 15:12 | Message # 90
Did you notice that Summer Glau is the second actress in Arrow who has already played a character named River in a cult sci-fi tv show?

Of course, Summer Glau played River Tam in Firefly and its feature film continuation, Serenity.

Summer Glau as River Tam in Firefly
Summer Glau as River Tam in Firefly.

English actress Alex Kingston, who played Laurel Lance mother in the first season of Arrow, is most widely known for her roles as Dr. Elizabeth Corday on the NBC medical drama ER and as River Song in Doctor Who.

Alex Kingston as River Song in Docor Who
Alex Kingston as River Song in Doctor Who.

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Off Topic » The Water Cooler » Easter eggs and other (hidden) messages in movies/tv shows
Search: