menu
person
Check out the latest additions to our ever expanding GALLERY hosting over 65,000 photos!
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Off Topic » The Water Cooler » Easter eggs and other (hidden) messages in movies/tv shows
Easter eggs and other (hidden) messages in movies/tv shows
robboDate: Friday, 28 Dec 2012, 01:25 | Message # 61
Group: Friends
ye right chris well spotted. ive seen the dark night rises and never even spotted her, she was in TSCC at the halfway house i think thats what they called it. in allison from palmdale. also in dollhouse i think as bennett halversons assistant in the labratory. as i say chris very well spotted, great stuff. smile

chrisdvanneDate: Tuesday, 15 Jan 2013, 16:22 | Message # 62
Group: Administrators
You all know that Cameron in TSCC is named after James cameron, the director of Terminator 1 and 2, of course.

But did you know that Agent Ellison, played by Richard T. Jones, is named after science fiction writer Harlan Ellisson?

Ellison sued James Cameron for copyright infringement for "borrowing" the ideas of time travel and humanoid robots from his Outer Limits stories "Soldier" and "Demon With a Glass Hand", respectively. Ellison succeeded in getting a credit in The Terminator movie.

Agent Ellison, played by Richard T. Jones in TSCC

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

chrisdvanneDate: Wednesday, 16 Jan 2013, 19:52 | Message # 63
TSCC S01Ep02 'Gnothi Seauton'

The episode title is Greek for "know thyself".

Sarah's nickname for Cameron (Tin Man) is a reference to the book The Wizard Of Oz, and her fake identity (Sarah Baum) is a reference to the author of said book, Frank L Baum.

Tweet by Joan Allen

chrisdvanneDate: Wednesday, 16 Jan 2013, 22:01 | Message # 64
As you know, TSCC was filmed at the Warner Brothers Burbank Studios, Burbank, California.
It was common to use the same location or exact building for different scenes, even if they were supposed to take place in different towns.

The following screencaps show you a building used in two different episodes of TSCC:

S01Ep09 'What He Beheld'

TSCC s01ep09 'What He Beheld'

S02Ep15 'Desert Cantos'

TSCC S02Ep15 'Desert Cantos'
TSCC S02Ep15 'Desert Cantos'

chrisdvanneDate: Thursday, 24 Jan 2013, 10:01 | Message # 65
Here's another reference to the Terminator movies in TSCC, initially published as a trivia on a Blogpost: SFX October 2008 - Magazine Scans

Here's a TSCC promotional photo featuring Cameron holding a gun (a modified version was used on the cover of SFX).

SFX - October 2008

The gun that Summer Glau is holding in this shot is a nod to the first Terminator movie; it's an AMT Hardballer Longslide with laser sighting which is the same gun Arnold Scharzenegger picks up from the gun shop in T1.

AMT Hardballer Longslide with laser sighting used by Arnold Scharzenegger in TerminatorAMT Hardballer Longslide with laser sighting used by Arnold Scharzenegger in TerminatorAMT Hardballer Longslide with laser sighting used by Arnold Scharzenegger in TerminatorAMT Hardballer Longslide with laser sighting used by Arnold Scharzenegger in Terminator

More, what appears to be an AMT Hardballer Longslide with laser sight, the signature weapon used by Arnold Schwarzenegger in The Terminator, is used by the T-888 (Patrick Kilpatrick) that hunts Martin Bedell throughout TSCC Season 2 Episode 5: Goodbye to All That. The whole scene where the t-888 knocks at the door is a nod to T1, btw.

AMT Hardballer Longslide with laser sighting used by the T-888 (Patrick Kilpatrick) that hunts Martin Bedell throughout TSCC Season 2 Episode 5: Goodbye to All That

Side note: Summer Glau holds the AMT in the promotional photo but she doesn't use the weapon in the series, nor did she wear the zipped leather outfit btw.

In the following video, TSCC prop master Scott Buckwalds talks on the weapons used on the show; the AMT is displayed at 0:52:

chrisdvanneDate: Tuesday, 29 Jan 2013, 01:18 | Message # 66
TSCC 2x16 'Some Must Watch While Some Must Sleep' blurrs the lines between dreams and reality; it's no surprise that the painting from Salvador Dali displayed in a scene inwhich Cameron asks John what it feels like for humans to dream is titled "The Dream".

Salvador Dali painting 'The Dream' in TSCC 'Some Must Watch While Some Must Sleep'

Salvador Dali painting 'The Dream' in TSCC 'Some Must Watch While Some Must Sleep'

Side note: if you haven't already, i suggest you read the message about this episode posted in the thread Theories about TSCC and Cameron's unsolved plots: What if Cameron stealing Sarah's color is a metaphor for Cameron "stealing" John from her?

chrisdvanneDate: Thursday, 07 Feb 2013, 13:09 | Message # 67
"You do not talk about Fight Club", says Five'o team member Chin Ho Kelly at 0:24 of the promo trailer for episode 3.16 Kekoa (The Warrior):

This line - You do not talk about Fight Club- is a direct reference to the 1st and 2nd rules of the Fight Club in the eponymous 1999's movie starring Brad Pitt and Edward Norton.

Brad Pitt states the aforementioned rules in this video:

There will be probably more references to the movie, don't forget to mention them if you spot one or two in next Monday's episode.

The Rules of Fight Club
.1st RULE: You do not talk about FIGHT CLUB
.2nd RULE: You DO NOT talk about FIGHT CLUB
.3rd RULE: If someone says "stop" or goes limp, taps out the fight is over
.4th RULE: Only two guys to a fight
.5th RULE: One fight at a time
.6th RULE: No shirts, no shoes
.7th RULE: Fights will go on as long as they have to
.8th RULE: If this is your first night at FIGHT CLUB, you HAVE to fight.

chrisdvanneDate: Tuesday, 12 Feb 2013, 17:12 | Message # 68
Mc Garret had a Indiana Jones moment in yesterday's episode! When he shot the bad guy in the leg at the fight club was a nod to a classic moment in cinema!

Indiana Jones : Sword vs. Gun

chrisdvanneDate: Thursday, 14 Mar 2013, 17:31 | Message # 69
Summer Glau revealed during her Q&A panel at Emerald City ComiCon 2012 that Skylar’s tattoos were based on Leonardo Da Vinci’s sketches, and that she didn’t have as much influence on them as she would’ve liked but she kind of enjoyed having them temporarily.

Here are a few screencaps from Alphas 1.07 'Catch and Release', with Skylar's tatoos on display:

Skylar’s tattoos were were based on da Vinci’s sketchesSkylar’s tattoos were were based on da Vinci’s sketchesSkylar’s tattoos were were based on da Vinci’s sketches
Skylar’s tattoos were were based on da Vinci’s sketchesSkylar’s tattoos were were based on da Vinci’s sketchesSkylar’s tattoos were were based on da Vinci’s sketches

Da Vinci has made a lot of sketches from plants and most importantely from machines (war machines and flying machines particularly), which is probably why Alphas's writers decided to use them for Skylar.
I Googled Da Vinci sketches to find the sketches that could have inspired Skylar's tatoos and came up with these ones:

chrisdvanneDate: Monday, 15 Apr 2013, 11:33 | Message # 70
Summer Glau often on interview that she had to have a constant control of her body to play Cameron and avoid to do girly things such as touch her hairs or cross her legs.

Here’s a good example of that. Compare Cameron’s body stance with Sarah’s while they are both performing the same activity (TSCC 2.11 'Strange Things Happen at the One Two Point'):

Lena Headey and Summer Glau in Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles 2x10 Strange Things Happen at the One Two Point

Summer Glau is at rest as a Terminator would be (think about Arnold in the movies or Terminator Vick) and it looks kinda weird (on purpose) compared to the way Sarah (Lena Headey) is standing–somewhat posed–like we all do.

chrisdvanneDate: Friday, 19 Apr 2013, 10:21 | Message # 71
I try to avoid using words like "hot" when I describe Summer Glau’s physical appearance primarily because I think she deserves better then that stereotypical label. Instead I think of Summer as more a classic beauty. Your eyes pop open when you see her, and where most uber hot woman garner glazed looks of disbelief from onlookers, Summer is the kind of woman you can look at and appreciate what you’re looking at instead of simply drooling all over yourself.

On a related topic, it's interesting to notice that there's is three roles inwhich Summer starts out naked: River Tam in Firefly/Serenity, Cameron in Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles and Kara Zor-El in Superman/Batman Apocalypse (ok, the last one is a bit far-fetched).

1x01 Serenity 1080p HD

1x01 TSCC pilot HD 1080p

Supergirl

chrisdvanneDate: Friday, 03 May 2013, 15:03 | Message # 72
Funny thing is that Lena's tatoos are visible in the promo posters but Josh Friedman had them covered with makeup for the series itself.

TSCC posters and promos

More TSCC posters in the Gallery.

chrisdvanneDate: Monday, 06 May 2013, 17:55 | Message # 73
The male ballet dancer in Angel 3.13 'Waiting in the Wings', was wearing a cast (hidden under his tights) during the re-shoots of the ballet scenes. He broke his ankle shortly before the addional scenes but he came back and did his stuff with Summer anyway.

In Joss Whedon's own words: "Obviously, he knew we were focusing on Summer Glau"

Here are screencaps from the scenes, where you can see the cast on his right ankle:

Angel 3.13 Waiting in the Wings
Angel 3.13 Waiting in the Wings
Watch more screencaps in the Gallery.

Listen to all the commentaries by Joss Whedon on the scenes with Summer Glau in Angel 3.13 'Waiting in the Wings', taken from the DVD's special features, in a previous Blog post.

chrisdvanneDate: Saturday, 11 May 2013, 12:49 | Message # 74
I have lost the count on how many tv show/movie/comics heroes bear the name of "Parker"!

Here's another one: Tricia Helfer as Molly Parker on the recently picked up serie "Killer Women".

chrisdvanneDate: Friday, 24 May 2013, 00:56 | Message # 75
There's no way TSCC writers named Terminator Vick after Vicki the robot in the 80's tv serie "A Small Wonder"...did they?

Cameron terminating Terminator Vick
1x05 Queen's Gambit HD 1080p

Vicki the robot in A Small Wonder

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Off Topic » The Water Cooler » Easter eggs and other (hidden) messages in movies/tv shows
Search: