menu
person
Welcome to summer-glau.com, your fan source for all things Summer on the web. Browse around the site and visit our growing GALLERY housing over 65,000 photos. Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter and Facebook and be sure to visit the site again!
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Off Topic » The Water Cooler » Easter eggs and other (hidden) messages in movies/tv shows
Easter eggs and other (hidden) messages in movies/tv shows
chrisdvanne_Date: Wednesday, 10 Oct 2012, 15:47 | Message # 46
Group: Administrators
Quote (The1Russter)
And of course there are Biblical references and a few nods to Wizard of OZ, and comments on the morality of taking of innocent life, as was seen in TSCC.

Don't know if you watch Revolution on NBC but this week episode had several references to The Wizard of Oz, kinda like TSCC used to do when Sarah read a paragraph of the book that was a metaphor for what was going on in the show.
What with that book, it's like the Bible for all showunners. Can someone explain? We don't have that kind of cult following for it in France.

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

The1RussterDate: Wednesday, 10 Oct 2012, 17:35 | Message # 47
Group: Writer
The references to Wizard of Oz on Revolution is probably because its a strange new world. Similar to what was before only with familiar faces in a world that is only a shadow of what they new before. That's only a guess as I haven't seen any of the episodes yet. I haven't been seeing much chatter about it on twitter and no new threads have started up on the wiki's, so I'm thinking it ain't going to last.

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles REUNION

chrisdvanne_Date: Wednesday, 10 Oct 2012, 18:11 | Message # 48
Quote (The1Russter)
I haven't been seeing much chatter about it on twitter and no new threads have started up on the wiki's, so I'm thinking it ain't going to last.

I don't know if members are watching it, like they do with Continuum for example; yet Continuum is a niche show while Revolution airs on a major network and is watched by 8 Millions viewers; they're not in the same categorie, Revolution is more mainstream than Continuum or TSCC for example.
Given the good ratings it pulled in the first three episodes, NBC has given Revolution a full season order and there's no way it won't get a second season.

chrisdvanne_Date: Tuesday, 16 Oct 2012, 20:21 | Message # 49
Did you remember that John Pyper-Ferguson played in Terminator : The Sarah Connor Chronicles before playing the super villain Stanton Parish in Alphas.

Alphas 2.06 Alphaville

Screencaps from TSCC Season 2, Episode 15 'Desert Cantos' :

John Pyper-Ferguson in TSCCJohn Pyper-Ferguson in TSCC
John Pyper-Ferguson in TSCCJohn Pyper-Ferguson in TSCC

chrisdvanne_Date: Wednesday, 17 Oct 2012, 15:04 | Message # 50
I guess you all noticed the Terminator : The Sarah Connor Chronicles shoutout in last episode of Alphas.

I talked about this shoutout with one of Alphas's writers Robert Hewitt Wolfe.

Check the Blogpost : TSCC shout out on Alphas

chrisdvanne_Date: Monday, 22 Oct 2012, 19:35 | Message # 51
I invite all Alphas and Summer Glau fans to read the following blogpost; i'll show you which stratagem was used by Alphas's writers to indicate to the audience that something was wrong in the apartment scenes with Skylar and Zoe in Alphas 2.12 'Need to Know'; i will also highlight the similarities between two Summer Glau scenes in The Cape and in Alphas.

Alphas Writers Tribute to The Cape

chrisdvanne_Date: Tuesday, 23 Oct 2012, 17:28 | Message # 52
Kat and Harken did a Fastball Special in Alphas season finale

The Fastball Special is a popular tag-team move in superhero fiction. In a Fastball Special, a hero with superhuman strength literally throws a (usually) willing partner toward a target. It dates back to at least a 1958 DC Comics Team-up in Adventure Comics #253 where Superboy throws Robin.[1] The maneuver was popularized by the Marvel Comics series Uncanny X-Men starting in issue #100, when Wolverine had Colossus hurl him in a battle. It quickly became a favorite tactic of the two heroes.

Fastball Special
Kat and Harken did a Fastball Special in Alphas season finale

chrisdvanne_Date: Thursday, 25 Oct 2012, 14:14 | Message # 53
Did you know that Riley's tatoo in TSCC was a real one?

Look at the 0:38 of this video, inwhich Cameron says Riley's (Leven Rambin) that her tatoo is tight.

YouTube : Tattoo is tight

And now take a look at a recent photo of Leven Rambin at "Chasing Mavericks" Special Screening - October 18, 2012 - Los Angeles, California :

Leven Rambin at 'Chasing Mavericks' ScreeningLeven Rambin at 'Chasing Mavericks' ScreeningLeven Rambin at 'Chasing Mavericks' Screening

KevinInEnglandDate: Tuesday, 04 Dec 2012, 14:50 | Message # 54
Group: Friends
Post # 49. Good spotting Chris. Yes, he opened the trailer door and the flying HK prototype flew in. I must say, for it to emerge from under water shows how advanced those machines were. I guess the fluids in their hydraulics etc were poisonous to cattle. A different story for Mr Walsh, more likely a bullet that he was allergic to. Who would kill Mr Walsh? Kaliba, it would seem, because he was being too nosy. He was working for Catherine Weaver, it's unlikely that she would kill him. She did warn him to be careful after he told her that he had the Turk 2.

As for post 53 above. I never knew that. I would have thought it was stamped on.

robboDate: Tuesday, 04 Dec 2012, 18:13 | Message # 55
well spotted chris i always thought it was some sort of transfer, pretty cool that it was used in the storylines of the show, i think cameron wanted a tiger or something like rileys, but yeah well spotted, smile

chrisdvanne_Date: Sunday, 16 Dec 2012, 17:11 | Message # 56
If you remember, 'Help for the Holidays'' writer mentioned in his exclusive interview for the Summer Glau Wiki that he was a fan of Firefly :

Bob Saenz: When Hallmark called and told me they had cast Summer, I was thrilled. Ok, I was ecstatic.
I was and am a Firefly fan and loved her in it. I’ve always thought she was great.

There's what seems to be references to River Tam in the movie, did you catch them?

Do you remember the nice doorman who helps Will near the end of the movie? You shoud take a look at the caption on his sleeve :

Reference to River Tam in Help for the Holidays
Reference to River Tam in Help for the Holidays

More, you probably know that filming his actresses barefoot is one of Joss Whedon's trademark; well, Help for the Holidays has a recurring gag with the uncomfortable shoes worn by human women and Christine is seen barefoot on many occasions, just like River Tam in Firefly/Serenity.
See for yourself in those screencaps from the movie :

ScreencapsScreencapsScreencapsScreencaps

So, what do you think? Shall i ask Bob Saenz himself?

ChoupyDate: Tuesday, 18 Dec 2012, 02:21 | Message # 57
Thank you for the explanation regarding references to River Tam. Indeed the River Hotel is too much! and barefoot of Christine also.
I think also it did refer to Firefly .

wink

robboDate: Tuesday, 18 Dec 2012, 03:08 | Message # 58
christine was a bit annoyed with those damn shoes, the expression in her face tells it all. just couldnt adapt to them at all memories of river tam flowing through her toes, shuts her eyes and dreams of serenity. damn it beam me up to serenity, smile

chrisdvanne_Date: Thursday, 27 Dec 2012, 13:42 | Message # 59
I'm pretty sure i posted this already but i watched 'The Dark Knight Rises' yesterday and i recognised a familar face at the end of the movie, Jillian Armenante.
Her name may not be familiar to you, but as i said, her face should wink

Here are screencaps from 'The Dark Knight Rises' :

Jillian Armenante in The Dark Knight Rises
Jillian Armenante in The Dark Knight RisesJillian Armenante in The Dark Knight Rises

Still doesn't ring a bell? Yet she played with Summer Glau in scenes of TSCC and Dollhouse. Let me refresh your memory!

Jillian Armenante and Summer Glau in TSCC S02Ep04 'Allison from Palmdale'

Jillian Armenante in TSCC
Jillian Armenante in TSCCJillian Armenante in TSCC

And now Jillian Armenante and Summer Glau in Dollhouse S02Ep05 'The Public Eye'

Jillian Armenante in Dollhouse
Jillian Armenante in Dollhouse

KevinInEnglandDate: Thursday, 27 Dec 2012, 14:20 | Message # 60
I knew her name as Rita but did not register her in Dollhouse.

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Off Topic » The Water Cooler » Easter eggs and other (hidden) messages in movies/tv shows
Search: