Wizard World Comic Con New Orleans
January 5-7, 2017

The Happy Birthday thread
By KevinInEngland

The official funny thread
By chrisdvanne

Serenity Blu-ray Extra
By chrisdvanne

The OFFICIAL Summer Glau Appreciation Page!
By chrisdvanne

Summer Glau at Ottawa Comiccon 2014
By chrisdvanne

Interesting about the franchise and other TSCC things
By KevinInEngland

Submit a News or Article
By chrisdvanne

The Fanart Thread
By chrisdvanne

Juke Joint!
By Admirator

Misc. News on Movies and other Tidbits
By robbo

New comments

KevinInEngland on: Fan made TSCC season 3 trailer

Joseph Flowers on: Guess whose birthday it is today!

Joseph Flowers on: Guess whose birthday it is today!

Roboter on: Guess whose birthday it is today!

robbo on: Guess whose birthday it is today!

The1Russter on: Guess whose birthday it is today!

Charley_Dixon on: Guess whose birthday it is today!

Fermi on: Guess whose birthday it is today!

Admirator on: Guess whose birthday it is today!

Joseph Flowers on: Lovely shot of Summer and Val's wedding by Joan Allen

New videos

00:44:18

00:03:44

00:04:51

New Forum Posts Members Forum Rules Search

Page 1 of 6123456»
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Off Topic » The Water Cooler » Game of Thrones (Your opinions/reports about this energizing series)
Game of Thrones
Date: Tuesday, 2011 Aug 16, 19:24 GMT | Message # 1

Friends

Do somebody know the series adaption of the books written by George R. R. Martin?
Or have already seen it? I can´t wait until november to see it, too.
Look at the cast - perhaps Summer gets a roll in the future? biggrin

http://www.hbo.com/game-of-thrones/index.html

Shyness and Summer met one day, Shyness had to speak first.

Date: Tuesday, 2011 Aug 16, 19:32 GMT | Message # 2

Site Admin

I don't watch it personally but i follow the news online (i have to do it to bring informations to the wiki anyway)µ.

And the show has Peter Dinklage and Lena Heydey, who are very special for us Summer Glau fans because they have played with her. It's funny how this kind of things creates affinities.

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

Date: Wednesday, 2011 Aug 17, 03:22 GMT | Message # 3

Writer

I tried to watch the series. I thought Peter Dinklage was putting on an awesome performance. The production quality was excellent, the writing was good, the acting superb, even by the children, especially the one playing the youngest Stark girl. Unfortunately, the show was just not to my liking. It revels in immorality and greed for power. Characters killing off others more worthy to the throne while also proving why they are incapable of having it themselves. The program can be entertaining, but I found its glorification of depravity and greed as the only means of achieving power to be a very bad message. I think we see that enough in the real world. I'll give you this, its got one awesome opening credit score and video.

Take Back the Future! Save Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles REUNION

Date: Wednesday, 2011 Aug 17, 06:58 GMT | Message # 4

Site Admin

Malfurion, if you want to give some news or your impressions on the episode of GOT you saw, feel free to do it on this thread. The forum, contrarily to the News page of the Summer Glau Wiki is filled primarily by the members like you and me.
The fact that the active members (those who post messages) don't watch GoT doesn't mean that the lurkers (those who visit the Wiki without posting) are not interested. Between 400 - 500 internet users from all over the world take the time to visit The Summer Glau Wiki, i'm sure that some of them watch the show. And even on a personal level, it can be valuable for you to give your point of view and practice English without any pressure.

Date: Wednesday, 2011 Aug 17, 10:22 GMT | Message # 5

Site Admin

Quote (The1Russter)
its got one awesome opening credit score and video.

I don't know the story (other than news i see online) and this video don't tells me what it's about exactly : different cities engaged in the battle ? Looks like an ads for Simcity.

Or ads for the French company in charge of nuclear plants : Areva (2004)

More seriously, i have read that the writers are very faithful to the book; Malfarion, maybe you can you tell us if the books contains so much violenec and depravity. I'm kinda like Russ on that domain, this is also not my kind of things. I've been raised with american westerns where the good guy fights against the evil avengers brothers and then earns the heart of the pretty girl (sibling of the evil brothers preferably) and the only sex was sometimes a kiss biggrin

Date: Sunday, 2011 Aug 21, 15:05 GMT | Message # 6

Friends

Mhm, ok. The books by George R. R. Martin are a mix between low fantasy (heroic fantasy) and high fantasy (epic fantasy). I read the books and think the focus is on the heroic fantasy. This is sometimes hard to read because it include strong violence ( murder, torture, rapes). The author creates a very dark, sort of backward world. No perfect "good guy" who never fails. Instead the characters who appear are often cynical and had a brutal worldview sometimes.
The main problem to me in the first time was on the one hand G. R. R. Martin handling the different characters. I mean no glorious hero, but you concentrate on some individuals, you like (or hate) them, in a way you empathize with them and suddenly... they die. At some parts of the books i hate G. R. R. Martin, but i read more because the story catches me.
On the other hand there are so many characters. You lost the general view sometimes because you do not know: Who will survive? Who will do the right? Will there be some kind of justice in the end?
I look forward to watch the hole season - the reviews sounds quite good.

Date: Sunday, 2011 Aug 21, 15:14 GMT | Message # 7

Site Admin

Quote (Malfurion)
You lost the general view sometimes because you do not know: Who will survive? Who will do the right? Will there be some kind of justice in the end?

But if the writers are faithful to the books, we knew what was going to happen to Dean Bean's character , right?

Edit : i changed my sentence because it was too spoilerish.

Message edited by michelangelo - Sunday, 2011 Aug 21, 15:43

Date: Sunday, 2011 Aug 21, 15:29 GMT | Message # 8

Friends

Perhaps. But... oh my god "Spoiler!" biggrin

Date: Monday, 2011 Aug 22, 00:20 GMT | Message # 9

Friends

lol i had written a long post...then firefox crushed and is a so late in night hour, that i cannot start over again. so let just say i agreed about the books of Martins are good but dispersing and that the series is goooood.
i just love peter as tyrion, but find Leena a bad Cersey, since she [as always] has the "sarah connor enraged/shy face" and to me she isnt fit to make that role. cersey in the book was a charming, lustfull, admirable lady. in the films she is sarah connor with a blonde wig. i'm sure she is simpli searching around about skynet plans, so she is a bit nervous....isnt a good choice for that part. The actor for Khal Drogo is..is...is.......aw...i'm just short of words. Awesome is not enought. i liked khal drogo on the book, but THIS khal drogo is the best actor choice i ever seen in my life!
I also like the little "Arya Stark" she is very very interesting, as person and little actress, full of art in my guess.
But, aside Drogo, that is my God-in-Earth ... the best character in the series, to me is....the Swordmaster! I am Syrio Forel, first Swordman of Bravoos and you..will talk to me with more respect!
toooooooooooooooo gooood!
My third character is well...say...Aragorn ^^ Ned Stark. but is a Tie with his Jhon Snow son ^^

"This isn't the first time we've done this..."
Cameron

The world is Maya The Illusion. Illusions are the foundation of reality. I am the Lord of Illusions.
Me

Date: Tuesday, 2011 Sep 20, 21:47 GMT | Message # 10

Site Admin

Peter Dinklage won 'Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Drama Series' Emmy Award for 'Game Of Thrones'.

Date: Tuesday, 2011 Sep 20, 22:17 GMT | Message # 11

Writer

I am very glad that Peter Dinklage got an Emmy for his work on GOT.

I said the following last Thursday on the red wiki.
"After a recent conversation on Twitter, I felt compelled to finish watching the first season of GOT. The last episode I watched was episode 6 so I skimmed thru it then watched thoroughly the last 4 episodes of season 1. I found the final 4 episodes more enjoyable than the previous 6. I could say that episodes 1 - 6 were the setup for the last 4.

Overall impressions. High production quality, excellent writing, excellent acting. Peter Dinklage deserves an Emmy nomination for his performance."

Message edited by The1Russter - Tuesday, 2011 Sep 20, 22:18

Date: Monday, 2011 Nov 07, 22:08 GMT | Message # 12

Site Admin

Lena Headey is going to attend Throne Con, presented by Starfury and held on 10-12 February 2012 at the Birmingham Hilton Metropole Hotel.

THRONE CON is a 3 day celebration of the TV series GAME OF THRONES, and other fantasy shows such as LEGEND OF THE SEEKER, MERLIN and SPARTACUS. Being held on 10-12 February 2012 at the Birmingham Hilton Metropole Hotel.

More info : Starfury - Throne Con

Date: Saturday, 2011 Nov 26, 22:37 GMT | Message # 13

Site Admin

After Lena Headey, Peter Dinklage has been added to the list of Throne Con's guests.

Thrones con starfury - guest list

Date: Thursday, 2011 Dec 01, 05:12 GMT | Message # 14

Friends

Peter Dinklage has been awesome in this series, he pulled off the role so well it you didn't feel pity for him since he was a dwarf and you didn't outright hate him for being a prick, he balanced everything so well, definately the funniest character too. Not sure which side of the fence he will end up on he actually seems like his character is a good guy that is hanging with the bad ones but I don't think I could have watched the series so far without his performance.

Message edited by Chris - Thursday, 2011 Dec 01, 05:13

Date: Thursday, 2011 Dec 01, 06:10 GMT | Message # 15

Writer

I forgot about this thread. I need to add that a while back I watched the remaining 4 episodes of season 1. They weres amazing! The last 4 episodes of GOT were better than the first 6 episodes. Peter Dinklage is amazing. I completely agree with Chris on his character. Outside of him the only characters I find worthwhile in following is the youngest Stark girl and John Snow. I'm actually looking forward to season 2. I've never been much of a fan of fantasy stories, but this is more like historical fiction with fantasy elements. Without those fantasy elements, GOT is like a story from medieval Europe.

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Off Topic » The Water Cooler » Game of Thrones (Your opinions/reports about this energizing series)
Page 1 of 6123456»
Search: