menu
person
Welcome to summer-glau.com, your fan source for all things Summer on the web. Browse around the site and visit our growing GALLERY housing over 65,000 photos. Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter and Facebook and be sure to visit the site again!
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Off Topic » The Water Cooler » New Blog Posts (Annouce the newest posts of your own blog)
New Blog Posts
chrisdvanne_Date: Wednesday, 20 Jul 2011, 17:48 | Message # 1
Group: Administrators
As you may know (or not) the Summer Glau Wiki offers to every member the possibility to create its own blog; it's a good way to start blogging, this is why i created mine a few months ago. To become a blogger yourself, contact an admin (Fermi or Charley) and they will create one for you.

You're free to post about whatever topic that is in your field of interest, as long as it respect a few rules of course (no nudity, no xenophobic comments, no violence,...).
Personnally, i see it as a complementary content for the wiki and as a field of experiment. Most posts are out of topic (read non Summer Glau related) and some may even contain sexy pictures (borderline, i know). As for Charley, he has made technical posts about computer science.

Anyway, Fermi and Charley have suggested i mention my posts here so that everyone can see them. So be it.

If you have a comment about a post, i prefer you post it in this thread so that everyone can participate but it's not mandatory.

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

Message edited by michelangelo - Thursday, 21 Jul 2011, 13:16

chrisdvanne_Date: Wednesday, 20 Jul 2011, 18:06 | Message # 2
You can access the members blogs through the News page; look for the Menu section on top left of the page, then select "Fans", then "Members Blog". You will be directed to the blogs page : the newest blog post appear on top of the page.
If you want to select the blog of a particular member, you can click on the blog's name at the bottom of a post (Charlie's blog or michelangelo's blog or Fermi's blog); also there is a section on right of the page where the different blogs are listed by name. Or you can simply point to the URL of the blog, which i give you below.

Charlie's blog direct link : Charlie's blog
michelangelo's blog direct link : michelangelo's blog

Edit : a "New Blog Posts" similar to the section on the News page has been added on the right of the blog page.

Message edited by michelangelo - Thursday, 21 Jul 2011, 13:14

chrisdvanne_Date: Wednesday, 20 Jul 2011, 18:50 | Message # 3
Given that i purchased the June issue of FHM UK magazine in order to scan a potential picture of Summer Glau, i thought it would be interesting for the fans of other women to have the scans; this is why i have added other women's scans and put them on my blog. Yet i have uploaded only a thumbnail version that i have hosted outside of the wiki to avoid large bikinis and sometimes provocative pictures on the Wiki.

As we've talked about Olivia Wilde on the forum, i started with her : Olivia Wilde in FHM 100 Sexiest Women in the World 2011.

Then i added long-legged Brazilian model Izabel Goulart : Izabel Goulart in FHM 100 Sexiest Women in the World 2011.

Then Transformers 3 female lead (actress?) and winner of the contest Rosie Huntington-Whiteley : Rosie Huntington-Whiteley in FHM 100 Sexiest Women in the World 2011.

chrisdvanne_Date: Thursday, 21 Jul 2011, 15:34 | Message # 4
I have added a few articles scanned from SyFyNow, UK science-fiction, fantasy & horror magazine.

Chuck is on SciFiNow Covers.
Chuck get a four-paged article for its incredible and so far succesfull struggle to survive in a non-scifi-friendly tv universe. The covers says : "How tv's hottest geeks beat the network and the secrets to season five".

True Blood's Joe Manganiello on SyFyNow
"Five Things we like about True Blood's Joe Manganiello"

Smallville co-creator Al Goughh reflects on the show
Smallville co-creator Al Gough reflects on the teenage superhero who changed his life and impacted on a whole generation of viewers.

Fringe deserves to go on among scifi dramas
A columnist, fan of scifi, gives his opinion upon the survival (and death) of genre shows on tv for SyFyNow Magazine.

chrisdvanne_Date: Thursday, 21 Jul 2011, 20:14 | Message # 5
I added two posts on popular tv shows : Doctor Who and Fringe

For and Against Doctor Who Season Six - SyFyNow Article
SyFyNow, UK science-fiction, fantasy & horror magazine discuss on the most divisive series of Doctor Who yet.

Fringe deserves to go on among scifi dramas
A columnist, fan of scifi, gives his opinion upon the survival (and death) of genre shows on tv for SyFyNow Magazine.

Way to make profit on my scanner biggrin

Charley_DixonDate: Sunday, 24 Jul 2011, 00:37 | Message # 6
I've added a post about raw Windows partition backup optimization: http://summer-glau.com/blog/optimizing_raw_windows_partition_backup/2011-07-24-53

Cameron: My brother says if you want to be good at anything, you have to practice every day.

chrisdvanne_Date: Thursday, 28 Jul 2011, 13:26 | Message # 7

Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows Part 2
Join the cast and crew as they go behind the scene on the seventh and last Harry Potter Movie

Everything we know about The Dark Knight Rises.
A round-up of all the facts and rabid speculation surrounding Nolan's much-anticipated sequel.

Rise of the Planet of the Apes : anlyse of the Trailer frame by frame
SyFyNow, UK science-fiction fantasy & horror magazine, analyses the trailer frame by frame.

The Many Faces of Batman - Article on SyFyNow
Batman is surely the most complex superhero in comic-books. SyFyNow, UK science-fiction fantasy & horror magazine, made an informative and illustrative four-page article in which they had a chat with writer Scott Snyder and Batman writer/artits Tony Daniel about the ever-changing nature of Gotham's protector.

The Making of Captain America
SyFyNow, UK science-fiction fantasy & horror magazine, made an informative and illustrative four-page article in which the writers and directors of Captain America explain why they choosed the darkest days of the second world war.

Jason Momoa takes up the Sword in Conan's role
How do you do follow Arnold Schwarzenegger's steps and do justice to one of the biggest fantasy saga?
SyFyNow, UK science-fiction fantasy & horror magazine, made an informative and illustrative four-page article in which the creative team behind 'Conan The Barbarian' gives some answers.

Funny thing : a blog reproduced one my blog post and quoted the Summer Glau Wiki; they thank me but were wondering at the same time why such an article was on a Summer Glau fansite wacko

I replied on the site that i scanned the magazine for Summer Glau pictures initially but then i tought other fanbases could be interested by other articles cool

Message edited by michelangelo - Thursday, 28 Jul 2011, 13:26

chrisdvanne_Date: Friday, 05 Aug 2011, 16:58 | Message # 8
Wonder Women - Tribute To The Heroines Who Served Sci-Fi
SyFyNow, UK science-fiction fantasy & horror magazine, made an informative and illustrative two-page article in which it pays homage to heroines in science fiction, like Buffy or Xena.

The Shocking Secrets to Studio Success - Article in SciFiNow
SyFyNow, UK science-fiction fantasy & horror magazine, made an informative and illustrative four-page article in which it goes behind the scene to find out why big screen remakes are big money, why tv reboots crash and burn, why your favourite show was canned, and why creativity is always a second choice.

chrisdvanne_Date: Thursday, 13 Oct 2011, 09:35 | Message # 9
For those like me who watch Terra Nova, i add regularly sneak peek, pictures and video promo of the next episode; i wanted to create a thread on the forum to discuss the serie but i was afraid to lack time.

Terra Nova episode 5 The Runaway HD Promo

chrisdvanne_Date: Tuesday, 01 Nov 2011, 11:29 | Message # 10
For those who wants to read the latest blog entries, bookmark the blogs or check the widget "MEMBERS BLOG" on News page.

FermiDate: Tuesday, 01 Nov 2011, 21:32 | Message # 11
The blog has been used by one member in no other object than lure people from outside to the Wiki (from Reddit, IMDb, Google, social networks). Olivia Wilde fans is for some weird reason considered a big target group for this wiki. This is not good

For more info about the future usage of the blog feature read this thread: http://summer-glau.com/forum/23-313-1

You can't stop the signal!

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Off Topic » The Water Cooler » New Blog Posts (Annouce the newest posts of your own blog)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: