menu
person
Check out the latest additions to our ever expanding GALLERY hosting over 65,000 photos!
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Off Topic » The Water Cooler » Oldies but goodies : "Star Wars Kid" video
Oldies but goodies : "Star Wars Kid" video
chrisdvanne_Date: Tuesday, 12 Jul 2011, 20:30 | Message # 1
Group: Administrators
At the risk of being perceived as a noob, i must confess i discovered "Star Wars Kid" video only last year.

For those of you who don't know it yet, this video was made in 2003.
It started when a college boy went to the video room of his college and decided to film himself imitating Luke Skywalker; for a few minutes he twirled with a broom like a Jedi in a fury.

He left the tape in the camera but friends of him found it and decided to upload it on peer to peer; it went viral (i don't think the term was used at the time) very quickly. The funny thing is that internet users decided to improve the video by adding special effects of any king, music,...Thre is hundreds of version that you can find on Youtube.

Here is the original and then a random fx version :

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

BlaziusDate: Tuesday, 12 Jul 2011, 23:58 | Message # 2
Group: Friends
I love SW so I'm very glad that you posted something related to it.

I always thinking that the lightsaber effect can't be really hard to reproduce because every amateur seems to capable doing it but still its the very thing that made Lucas famous and really rich. He made money from a seemingly really simple effect.

Summer Glau is so awesome, it isn't even funny!
Blood for the Blood God! Skulls for the Skull Throne!

chrisdvanne_Date: Wednesday, 13 Jul 2011, 00:11 | Message # 3
Quote (Blazius)
He made money from a seemingly really simple effect.

Also the sound attached to the light saber is fascinating; great find from the FX and sounds guys.

BlaziusDate: Wednesday, 13 Jul 2011, 01:07 | Message # 4
Quote (michelangelo)
Also the sound attached to the light saber is fascinating; great find from the FX and sounds guys.

I'm pretty sure that its from a Star Wars video game called Jedi Knight: Jedi academy. They probably recorded it when one guy shot the other with the lightsabered character in multiplayer mode.

The music is called Into the Death Star by John Williams and is actually one of my favourite soundtrackts from the SW movies. I even used to listen to it while browsing my own Summer gallery(for some strange reason I can indetify it with her)

chrisdvanne_Date: Wednesday, 13 Jul 2011, 07:45 | Message # 5
Quote (Blazius)
for some strange reason I can indetify it with her)

Really? Because one of the first things i thought about when i saw this video of a plump boy moving awkwardly in a small room was River fighting the Reavers in Serenity. Weird isn't it?
But i'm not the only one because one of the comment to that video on Youtube says "he's doing ballet"; that's ironical of course but the idea is still there.

BlaziusDate: Wednesday, 13 Jul 2011, 15:08 | Message # 6
I'm glad that not I'm the only one who associated the music with Summer! I feared I have become crazy and now I associate everything with her wacko

It seems that that there is indeed something in the music thats Summer-ish, but I still don't know what.

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Off Topic » The Water Cooler » Oldies but goodies : "Star Wars Kid" video
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: