menu
person
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Off Topic » The Water Cooler » The official funny thread
The official funny thread
chrisdvanne_ Post # 496 | Saturday, 04 Jul 2015 - 11:34
Group: Administrators
The woman featured in the new Midas TV commercial reminds me of Summer Glau's Cameron in TSCC. See the black leather jacket, Cameron's signature deadpan delivery when confused (other Terminator did this too) or the "knife" in ep. 2.22 Born to run. All this creates a "robotic" atmosphere, leading to the final revelation. See it for yourself!

<

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

Charley_Dixon Post # 497 | Saturday, 04 Jul 2015 - 21:43
Quote chrisdvanne ()
The woman featured in the new Midas TV commercial reminds me of Summer Glau's Cameron in TSCC.

While we are at it here is the movie poster I recently found:

Attachments: 6238992.jpg(64.0 Kb)

Cameron: My brother says if you want to be good at anything, you have to practice every day.

chrisdvanne_ Post # 498 | Sunday, 05 Jul 2015 - 00:38
Quote Charley_Dixon ()
While we are at it here is the movie poster I recently found:

I have done some digging and it turns out that California distribution company Indican Pictures acquired the distribution rights to this New Jersey couple Guy and Dana Patton’s self-financed micro-budget action movie, PEARL. The thriller screened at numerous film festivals before catching the eye of Indican Pictures. It is now available on DVD and on demand.
This particular movie poster borrowed from TSCC is nowhere to be found at the movie's official site; actually, the Media Kit section includes a completely different poster. However, the Cameron-ized version is used on IMDb and on online platforms. I would not be at all surprised if the distributor decided to raise the profile of the movie by using a TSCC promotional photo or by adding helicopters in the movie poster.

EDIT: as I suspected, the distributor did this. as confirmed to me by the movie's official Twitter account.

chrisdvanne_ Post # 499 | Sunday, 05 Jul 2015 - 15:35
A Financial Times correspondent recently tweeted about a tragic robot accident in a Volkswagen plant in Germany. You will tell that there's nothing funny about this, and you will be right. The reason I mention it in this thread is that the name of this woman is...Sarah O'Connor.

Sarah has never seen a Terminator movie, and she never knew that her name was one "O'" away from that of series protagonist and mother of the Savior of mankind Sarah Connor, or that the movies were about a robot uprising. So when she tweeted this link to an FT article that was actually quite sad, about a worker at a Volkswagen factory being killed by an industrial robot, she was baffled by Twitter's response. Needless to say that Twitter went crazy when Sarah O'Connor tweeted the ultimate Terminator reference.

Thomas Dekker and myself could not resist the temptation to send a message. Sorry!

Charley_Dixon Post # 500 | Tuesday, 07 Jul 2015 - 04:07
Quote chrisdvanne ()
The reason I mention it in this thread is that the name of this woman is...Sarah O'Connor.

That was probably indeed a big news because even people in my office discussed it today. (I was not the one who started talking about it.)

Cameron: My brother says if you want to be good at anything, you have to practice every day.

chrisdvanne_ Post # 501 | Tuesday, 14 Jul 2015 - 08:38
On July 14, France celebrates its Independence Day with parades and fireworks. Guess who will be launching the ceremony?

Production still featuring Summer Glau holding a firestarter and with a quiver full of fireworks on her back.

chrisdvanne_ Post # 502 | Saturday, 18 Jul 2015 - 08:41
Bad boys Jorge Garcia and Naveen Andrews attend a photocall promoting the television series 'Lost' on the fourth day of the 2008 Monte Carlo Television Festival held at Grimaldi Forum on June 11, 2008 in Monte Carlo, Principality of Monaco.
(Photo by Pascal Le Segretain/Getty Images)

Jorge Garcia and Naveen Andrews attend a photocall promoting the television series 'Lost' on the fourth day of the 2008 Monte Carlo Television Festival

chrisdvanne_ Post # 503 | Thursday, 23 Jul 2015 - 09:33
What improvement of the T-800 can we expect in the next Terminator movies? Heck, it comes with a selfie stick?!

chrisdvanne_ Post # 504 | Thursday, 30 Jul 2015 - 12:45
CAPTION THIS!

Chloe Bennett attends the 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.' press room during day 2 of Comic-Con International on July 10, 2015 in San Diego, California.

Chloe Bennett attends the 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.' press room during day 2 of Comic-Con International

Rally205 Post # 505 | Thursday, 30 Jul 2015 - 21:52
Group: Friends
Is this Summer or Robert Patrick?

chrisdvanne_ Post # 506 | Tuesday, 18 Aug 2015 - 13:52
promo: TERMINATOR 2 on VHS

"Alright, Arnold!" Robert Patrick keeps his chin down and refuses to blink in this priceless T2 promo tape, boosted from a Portland, OR Blockbuster Video in 1992.

chrisdvanne_ Post # 507 | Tuesday, 25 Aug 2015 - 07:44
A Mega-City One Street Judge knows how to handle themselves in any situation and 15 years training comes in handy, when you take down a Terminator. Summer Glau was up for a laugh at LFCC, which was great!

London Film and Comic Con, July 11 - 13, 2014

Credit: @JBurdis

London Film and Comic Con, July 11 - 13, 2014

chrisdvanne_ Post # 508 | Saturday, 29 Aug 2015 - 07:48
Brian J proposed to Erin V during the Firefly panel at Wizard World Comic Con Chicago 2015 on Saturday August 22nd.

chrisdvanne_ Post # 509 | Wednesday, 02 Sep 2015 - 19:28
That Awkward Moment Between Nathan Fillion And Kermit The Frog

The Muppets premieres Tuesday, Sept. 22 on ABC

chrisdvanne_ Post # 510 | Thursday, 03 Sep 2015 - 10:15
Here's Stan Lee on the failure of the Fantastic Four movie. "It was probably because I didn't have a cameo in it..."

Comic Book Icon Stan Lee arrives for the Premiere Of Marvel's 'Ant-Man' held at Dolby Theatre on June 29, 2015 in Hollywood, California.Comic Book Icon Stan Lee arrives for the Premiere Of Marvel's 'Ant-Man' held at Dolby Theatre on June 29, 2015 in Hollywood, California.

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Off Topic » The Water Cooler » The official funny thread
Search: