menu
person
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Off Topic » The Water Cooler » Please introduce yourself (Greetings new members)
Please introduce yourself
Alex Post # 91 | Wednesday, 14 Dec 2011 - 19:39
Group: Bloggers
Hello All. My name is Alex and I just joined. I have been lurking for a few months on this forum and I really enjoy reading what people have to say. You strike me as a very dedicated and appreciative group of fans who have Summer's best interests at heart.

Where do you come from?

I am from Toronto but I am originally from Quebec.

What is your country?

Canada

What do you work with?

I am an engineer (mechanical) by training but for the last 24 years, I have worked as a technical writer in aerospace, telecommunications, robotics, software development, and IT. Although I am still a working writer, I am easing into retirement and I am working less. Because I have more time, I am able to indulge my interests in science fiction and fantasy.

How did you became a fan of Summer Glau?

By happenstance really as I was looking for a science fiction film to watch and I had recently opened up an iTunes account. I came across the film Serenity and I rented it. I was blown away by the power and beauty of her performance as well as her incredible talent as an actress. This happened in early 2011. Within a few days, I had downloaded Serenity, T:TSCC, Dollhouse, and I had bought DVD copies of her other works.

What do you admire most about her?

She is just so good as an actress. She is able to portray her characters with conviction and it is hard to take my eyes off her. I find that even in her less popular works such as Mammoth, she still turns in good performances. I think she is under rated and as an actress, I rank her with Cate Blanchett, Judy Dench, Laura Linney, and other great actresses.

What was the first show you saw her in?

T:TSCC pilot was where I saw her first and I really liked her but I had no idea who she was. From just before Y2K to about 2008, I had been working mostly non-stop on a series of projects that limited my free time. I am trying to make up for lost time.

If you are going through Hell, keep going.

chrisdvanne_ Post # 92 | Wednesday, 14 Dec 2011 - 19:59
Group: Administrators
Quote (Alex)
I have been lurking for a few months on this forum and I really enjoy reading what people have to say. You strike me as a very dedicated and appreciative group of fans who have Summer's best interests at heart.

Why do i have the sudden urge to erect a statue in your honor?
Quote (Alex)
I am from Toronto but I am originally from Quebec.

Does that mean my years of loneliness as a French speaking member are over?

Seriously, i hope you will enjoy your stay here; don't hesitate to ask question, put the search button of the forum to good use and have fun.

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

Alex Post # 93 | Wednesday, 14 Dec 2011 - 21:20
Group: Bloggers
Thanks for the welcome. As to monuments, I think you are far more deserving for all the news and information you share. As to speaking French, regrettably I have forgotten what little I knew. I would have to rely on Babel fish or Google Translate and I can only imagine that would insult any Francophone.

If you are going through Hell, keep going.

chrisdvanne_ Post # 94 | Wednesday, 14 Dec 2011 - 21:31
Thanks Alex but i'm just starting to realise than it takes more than one person to create a community or to use social networking; i'm really proud that the forum is active because a Wiki is by essence nurtured by the members contributions.
If you feel the need to ask a question to "Scent of the Missing" author Susannah Charleson, you must know that she has accepted to give to the Summer Glau Wiki an exclusive interview : http://summer-glau.com/forum/24-342-1

Charley_Dixon Post # 95 | Wednesday, 14 Dec 2011 - 23:10
Welcome to the Wiki of Awesomeness!

Quote (Alex)
From just before Y2K to about 2008, I had been working mostly non-stop on a series of projects that limited my free time. I am trying to make up for lost time.

That's pretty much my story too. Except that my free time is over and I'm very busy again.

Quote (XxDeathStarxX)
I think that I'll keep my name and profession a secret, because my credibility might suffer in the eyes of my colleagues, if they ever found out about me obsessing over an actress. There's a certain image I've to maintain in my profession after all

I understand that smile I do not think that my credibility will change dramatically if my colleagues find out about me but I'm sure that would be a big surprise for them.

Cameron: My brother says if you want to be good at anything, you have to practice every day.

gabidu25 Post # 96 | Tuesday, 27 Dec 2011 - 16:46
Group: Friends
hi, my name is gabriel, im french, i have 19years old.
I am a horticultural training.
i am fan of summer glau, I love what it does, it's acting talent, dance, smile and I love it.
I first saw it in season one of TSCC, I had a thunderbolt in the light played cameron philips, then when I finished watching season 2 of TSCC I started searching for a and other film series in which it played ( firefly, serenity...)
excuse my spelling, I use a translation site.

i am fan of summer =)

chrisdvanne_ Post # 97 | Tuesday, 27 Dec 2011 - 17:53
Thanks for the few words Gabriel, even if it's made with an online translation tool; making the effort to write a few words on the Summer Glau Wiki is a good way to improve your English. It can be simple words to thank someone for posting a news or a picture, or simply show your agreement.

Comme je l'ai dit en anglais, tu peux simplement commenter une news ou remercier un membre pour avoir posté une image ou une vidéo; cela permet de progresser en douceur sans t'en rendre compte. Pour quelqu'un qui poste, avoir un retour des autres membres est toujours très apprécié.
A plus...

gabidu25 Post # 98 | Tuesday, 27 Dec 2011 - 20:12
ok pas dproblème et merci =)

i am fan of summer =)

Blazius Post # 99 | Tuesday, 27 Dec 2011 - 22:17
Quote (chrisdvanne)
Thanks for the few words Gabriel, even if it's made with an online translation tool; making the effort to write a few words on the Summer Glau Wiki is a good way to improve your English. It can be simple words to thank someone for posting a news or a picture, or simply show your agreement.

Indeed! I found that there is no better way to learn a language than learning it by involving subjects you find interesting. You'll learn a language very quickly and you'll be able to speak it twice as good that way than if you learnt it in a school or something. I learnt every English I know from movies, a few series, games and from the English Wikipedia( your vocabulary will expand greatly by reading that, believe me).

I know, I know, my English is still very very very faaaaaaaaar from perfect but at least people seem to understand what I write most of the time but without those methods I mentioned nobody would understand me at all, my words would be total gibberish.

Summer Glau is so awesome, it isn't even funny!
Blood for the Blood God! Skulls for the Skull Throne!

gabidu25 Post # 100 | Wednesday, 28 Dec 2011 - 02:06
I like the games it also helps me learn English.
and you are right, one day I would arrive spoke English properly.
thank you blazius =)

i am fan of summer =)

gabidu25 Post # 101 | Wednesday, 28 Dec 2011 - 13:18
hi joe73, thesavior, Passha and granite and welcome biggrin

i am fan of summer =)

gabidu25 Post # 102 | Wednesday, 28 Dec 2011 - 13:21
ola c'était quelle page la jsuis perdu
ah mais ils était a la première je croyait que c'était la dernière lol tans pi

i am fan of summer =)

wolverine13 Post # 103 | Sunday, 01 Jan 2012 - 23:34
Hi all my name is chris!! Happy new year to all member of the summerglauwiki and best wishes smile

Where do you come from?

I am from Glyfada,Attiki.

What is your country?

Hellas

What do you work with?

I am an agriculturist and currently working in private company!

How did you became a fan of Summer Glau?

Since i saw her in TSCC....after this i have all of her works in my pc ,to tell the truth except the deadly honeymoon( i don't like lifetime movies sorry summer smile )

What do you admire most about her?

I got immediately hypnotized by her as an actress, a perfect synthesis of pure talent and sweetness, of grace and strength (thanks probably to her dancing career).

What was the first show you saw her in?

2 years ago when I downloaded TSCC.

chrisdvanne_ Post # 104 | Monday, 02 Jan 2012 - 14:27
Thanks for taking the time to visit us chris, i know your free time is limited! Happy New Year too!

You and me share a lot in common smile

If you want to go straight to the essential when connecting to the Wiki, i suggest you check first the News page at http://summer-glau.com.
From there you can see at first glance if there is updated News or New Blog Entry (widget on the left) or New Forum Post (Widget up right). So that you can see very quickly if a topic focus your attention.

When you'll have more time, you could browse through the forum therads and resurrect one.

May i suggest you comment (two or three encouragement words are always appreciated) the latest News, this is also a way to show you have joined the Summer Glau Wiki.
See you later here...or on Facebook.

gabidu25 Post # 105 | Monday, 02 Jan 2012 - 15:50
hi wolverine how are you?

i am fan of summer =)

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Off Topic » The Water Cooler » Please introduce yourself (Greetings new members)
Search: