menu
person
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Off Topic » The Water Cooler » Please introduce yourself (Greetings new members)
Please introduce yourself
XxDeathStarxX Post # 76 | Monday, 05 Dec 2011 - 16:53
Group: Friends
Hi everyone! I've been around forever, so I'm by no means a new Summer Glau fan. I was once a member of this wiki too, but when it switched from wetpaint to unet, I just didn't find it in myself to do the sign up process once again. But now I'm here again.

I come from Finland, one of the Scandinavian countries, and I'm about Summer's age. I think that I'll keep my name and profession a secret, because my credibility might suffer in the eyes of my colleagues, if they ever found out about me obsessing over an actress. There's a certain image I've to maintain in my profession after all biggrin

I became a fan of Summer Glau through T:TSCC. After Vick's Chip and Samson & Delilah, there was no turning back - I was irrevocably hooked. Her acting talent, combined with her looks and personality, was something that I had never seen before. I just had to watch everything she had done before joining the cast of T:TSCC. After T:TSCC was cancelled, I've been following everything she does - and nothing else really smile My top three favorite characters of hers are Cameron, River and Orwell.

I've never been a fan of any actress before, because even if they had the acting talent and looks, that's not enough for me to be their fan. To me the most important thing is their personality. I really have to admire the actress in every possible way to be their fan.

Summer is the most talented actress I know and she's the most beautiful woman in the world. But the most important thing is that she's the sweetest person in the whole 'verse! In other words, she's the perfect package. The only thing that made me love her even more, if that's even possible, is the fact that she revealed being a Jameron fan just like me kiss

I hope that Summer will land a great role like Cameron or River after her newest adventure as Sedona in Scent of the Missing. If the show gets picked up, I'll watch her scenes for sure - there better be enough screentime for her, grrr - but I don't think that I'll watch the whole episodes. I find shows like CSI boring. Too bad they don't seem to appreciate sci-fi in the states anymore. All the best characters are born in that genre.

Summer Glau is divine!

chrisdvanne_ Post # 77 | Monday, 05 Dec 2011 - 18:39
Group: Administrators
Get out of my mind XxDeathStarxX biggrin

Seriously, i had the feeling to read my own thoughts while discovering your introduction message (except i use scarcely any superlatives). Though i think a lot of us had followed the same path.

Since you are familiar with the Summer Glau Wiki, i won't make you the chapter about the friendly community (oops, i just did) but be assured that it's always a great pleasure to know that our site is interesting enough so that one decides to meet us in person. Of course that doesn't mean you're forced to reveal the slightest thing about your real self ; all members have the right to privacy and this is something we understand and respect perfectly.

There is many ways to participate to the life and growing of the Summer Glau Wiki; by adding comments on the news or blog, by adding messages on the forum. Pictures, videos, fanart, articles are wellcome. I will add tonight a video interview (not exclusive but rarely seen) that should melt the heart of many fans (Blazius's i'm sure and i hope yours too).

I hope to hear from you soon on the Wiki pages...

Side notes :
1) judging by the your username, you must be a SW fan
2) the Summer Glau Wiki is cursed
3) i'm joking

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

Blazius Post # 78 | Monday, 05 Dec 2011 - 21:47
Quote (XxDeathStarxX)
Hi everyone! I've been around forever, so I'm by no means a new Summer Glau fan. I was once a member of this wiki too, but when it switched from wetpaint to unet, I just didn't find it in myself to do the sign up process once again. But now I'm here again.

Wellcome to the Wiki( again then smile ) ! I hope you will enjoy your time here and even join the discussions on the forum. Its always refreshing to see more and more new opinions about things!

Quote (chrisdvanne)
I will add tonight a video interview (not exclusive but rarely seen) that should melt the heart of many fans (Blazius's i'm sure and i hope yours too).

I'm eagerly anticipating it biggrin

Its not right that the best interviews with Summer are not well known or outright hidden.

Quote (chrisdvanne)
Seriously, i had the feeling to read my own thoughts while discovering your introduction message (except i use scarcely any superlatives). Though i think a lot of us had followed the same path.

Same with me. Curious that so many of us have the same history with Summer more or less.

Quote (chrisdvanne)
1) judging by the your username, you must be a SW fan

I hope that he is smile

Quote (chrisdvanne)
the Summer Glau Wiki is cursed

You don't like SW? cry

Quote (chrisdvanne)
3) i'm joking

I knew you don't hate SW happy

Summer Glau is so awesome, it isn't even funny!
Blood for the Blood God! Skulls for the Skull Throne!

FordStaff Post # 79 | Monday, 05 Dec 2011 - 21:53

I've never been a fan of any actress before, because even if they had the acting talent and looks, that's not enough for me to be their fan. To me the most important thing is their personality. I really have to admire the actress in every possible way to be their fan.

This is exactly how I feel, which is the reason that Summer Glau is one of the very few actors I am a fan of. Many have the looks, few have the talent, almost none are also good human beings in combination with those.

Too bad they don't seem to appreciate sci-fi in the states anymore. All the best characters are born in that genre.

Do European countries have more sci-fi or something?

Keep Flying - Not much, but it's enough.

chrisdvanne_ Post # 80 | Monday, 05 Dec 2011 - 22:03
Quote (FordStaff)
This is exactly how I feel, which is the reason that Summer Glau is one of the very few actors I am a fan of. Many have the looks, few have the talent, almost none are also good human beings in combination with those.

Don't miss the video i will upload tonight; Summer reveals why she cried at a convention, something that is unbelievable unless you hear Summer herself say it.

Quote (FordStaff)
Do European countries have more sci-fi or something?

UK has always had some good ones but no other European country to my knowledge.

Message edited by chrisdvanne - Monday, 05 Dec 2011, 22:04

FordStaff Post # 81 | Monday, 05 Dec 2011 - 22:12
Don't miss the video i will upload tonight; Summer reveals why she cried at a convention, something that is unbelievable unless you hear Summer herself say it.

I will make sure to get a glimpse then, sounds very interesting.

chrisdvanne_ Post # 82 | Monday, 05 Dec 2011 - 22:17
Quote (FordStaff)
I will make sure to get a glimpse then, sounds very interesting.

I'm trying to improve the audio right now because it's really bad.
In this interview, Summer is answering and illustrating some of the questions we discussed on the forum for a few weeks.

FordStaff Post # 83 | Monday, 05 Dec 2011 - 22:20
In this interview, Summer is answering and illustrating some of the questions we discussed on the forum for a few weeks.

The more you reveal the more I really want to see this, the anticipation is killing me. I just hope that it reveals she likes what she has done, and knows there are people like us who appreciate her, and her work.

Message edited by FordStaff - Monday, 05 Dec 2011, 22:20

riversfeet Post # 84 | Sunday, 11 Dec 2011 - 19:54
My name is Brandon, but have chosen the name "River's Feet" to illustrate one of the things I liked most about her character on Firefly.

I first saw Summer in Serenity, not knowing it was part of a cancelled TV series. I mostly learned what I did about Summer from her page at TVTropes.org She has quite the fanbase over there.

I live in Washington state. I'm hoping to be a cartoonist. I have done some political cartoon work. I also want to write books and screenplays. Who knows, maybe I'll make a movie that has Summer in it!

"My favorite thing about River is that she gets to be barefoot so much of the time. I don't like shoes very much." - Summer Glau

chrisdvanne_ Post # 85 | Sunday, 11 Dec 2011 - 23:52
Thanks for those words; this is not mandatory but since the Summer Glau Wiki doesn't have an automated welcome message, i think this is best to talk directly to the other members.

Your path is slightly different from other members (mine included) and i can't help but notice you're a cartoonist; be sure we'll put that talent to good use biggrin

FordStaff Post # 86 | Monday, 12 Dec 2011 - 00:22
I mostly learned what I did about Summer from her page at TVTropes.org She has quite the fanbase over there.

Cool, someone else who frequents TV tropes. Her popularity at TV tropes is further evidence of her high influence in the geek culture. Everything Joss Whedon is quite popular at TV tropes actually, the site started as a discussion of Buffy The Vampire Slayer, and then evolved into a catalog of tropes.

Blazius Post # 87 | Monday, 12 Dec 2011 - 02:08
Quote (riversfeet)
I first saw Summer in Serenity, not knowing it was part of a cancelled TV series. I mostly learned what I did about Summer from her page at TVTropes.org She has quite the fanbase over there.

I love her Tropes page for the same reason, they write very nice things about her! Through unfortunately some asshole hater is working there too and forced it to be toned down with less praising of Summers obvious qualities( that happens when stupid people get influence) although its still a very nice page about Summer.

I thought about linking it in the Best comments about Summer thread but unfortunately they violated Summers privacy by posting paparazzi shots.

chrisdvanne_ Post # 88 | Monday, 12 Dec 2011 - 02:11
Quote (Blazius)
I thought about linking it in the Best comments about Summer thread but unfortunately they violated Summers privacy by posting paparazzi shots.

We're trying to highlight the best about Summer and her fans and i'm not sure mentioning this site or 4chan would be a good idea.

FordStaff Post # 89 | Monday, 12 Dec 2011 - 02:17
I love her Tropes page for the same reason, they write very nice things about her! Through unfortunately some asshole hater is working there too and forced it to be toned down with less praising of Summers obvious qualities( that happens when stupid people get influence) although its still a very nice page about Summer.

That is because before the tone down it was ridiculous, god worship type stuff only appropriate for Chuck Norris jokes.

Blazius Post # 90 | Monday, 12 Dec 2011 - 02:24
Quote (chrisdvanne)
We're trying to highlight the best about Summer and her fans and i'm not sure mentioning this site or 4chan would be a good idea.

No, its not a good idea. Especially not with the toned down version of the article and with the paparazzi.

I'm sad because it was an excellent article in the past( no paparazzi as I recall) but now its not that great.

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Off Topic » The Water Cooler » Please introduce yourself (Greetings new members)
Search: