menu
person
Welcome to summer-glau.com, your fan source for all things Summer on the web. Browse around the site and visit our growing GALLERY housing over 65,000 photos. Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter and Facebook and be sure to visit the site again!
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Off Topic » The Water Cooler » Please introduce yourself (Greetings new members)
Please introduce yourself
Charley_Dixon Post # 31 | Saturday, 13 Aug 2011 - 04:00
Group: Administrators
Welcome to the Wiki of Awesomeness, ogy86!

Cameron: My brother says if you want to be good at anything, you have to practice every day.

The1Russter Post # 32 | Sunday, 14 Aug 2011 - 14:13
Group: Writer
I'm thinking that maybe I ought to introduce myself given I've suddenly begun contributing to this site after joining it shortly after its debut launch.

My name is Russell, but you can call me Russ. I go by the handle The1Russter on all sites I've joined.
My background is rather dull and if you are deadly curious, you can read it on my fanfiction.net profile.

I think you'd be more curious how I got to be a fan of Summer Glau.

It all began one summer day with the premiere of Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles. I had never seen this young actress before playing Cameron and I was enthralled with her performance. The subtle way she revealed some of the inner thoughts and feelings of what was presumed to be an unemotional cyborg. I was hooked. She spent the next 31 episodes constantly surpassing my previous expectations.

Throughout my watching of TSCC, I couldn't help but get this feeling I was watching a very rare personality for a Hollywood actress. She radiated goodness - if that is possible or believable. That feeling was proven true when upon the news that TSCC was canceled, Summer Glau wrote what could only be the most heartfelt and warm letter to her fans and the fans of TSCC. From that moment on I was her biggest fan and with help from some fellow fans I met online was able to locate copies of some of her other work, including Firefly and Serenity.

I don't know if I can put into words how she makes me feel when I see her on TV. She acts without effort and is believable in every role I've seen her in so far. Everyone who meets her always says what a kind, decent, down-to-earth girl Summer is. I can only ask, why aren't more people in Hollywood like this young woman, and why isn't she being given bigger and better roles?

God Bless you Summer Glau. I want nothing but for you to be happy and successful in both your life and career.

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles REUNION

chrisdvanne_ Post # 33 | Sunday, 14 Aug 2011 - 15:56
'Old' TSCC fans like Charley or Fermi know you and can testify that you're one of the most dedicated fan of Summer Glau; it's a pleasure to have your words on Summer and i'm sure my friend Blazius will savour each of them. Except maybe for the 'down-to-earth' part : Blazius, Gargaros, Joe73 and i were having a (not to be taken seriously) conversation about Summer's divine nature at the Summer Glau Appreciation thread.

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

The1Russter Post # 34 | Sunday, 14 Aug 2011 - 17:23
Group: Writer
By down-to-earth, I mean humble. She appreciates her fans and working in Hollywood hasn't gone to her head. Thank God. Too many actresses let their fame control them. So far Summer has demonstrated she's got a good head on her shoulders.

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles REUNION

Blazius Post # 35 | Sunday, 14 Aug 2011 - 21:27
Group: Friends
Quote (michelangelo)
it's a pleasure to have your words on Summer and i'm sure my friend Blazius will savour each of them.

More so because my Summer-worshipping started almost exactly the same way as yours!
Also, welcome to the site !

Quote (The1Russter)
By down-to-earth, I mean humble. She appreciates her fans and working in Hollywood hasn't gone to her head. Thank God. Too many actresses let their fame control them. So far Summer has demonstrated she's got a good head on her shoulders.

This is one of her qualities that makes me think about her as some kind of supernatural, divine being( of course this is not to be taken literally but more like a metaphor). Its so rare that its almost inhuman.

Summer Glau is so awesome, it isn't even funny!
Blood for the Blood God! Skulls for the Skull Throne!

Malfurion Post # 36 | Monday, 15 Aug 2011 - 22:44
So i will introduce myself. My name Malfurion (Mal) is not my real name biggrin But i like the "real" Malfurion (i just read a book about him these days).

I´m from Germany and i work in the social area. My hobbys are SiFi/Fantasy (Films, Series, Games, Books), instrumental (not classic) music, mmorpgs and of course one incredible woman: Summer Glau!

I watched tons of SiFi films and series but a few month ago there was something new: TSCC.
A friend of mine warmly recommend TSCC to me so i buy it and watch it for the first time. Then again and again (at last 4-5 times). I could not remember that a show make such a big dent to me than TSCC. While seeing it Cameron become my favourite character of the show. Summer Glau does such a great job here... nearly perfect. I search for other roles of her and find... Firefly! RIVER TAM! There are no words to describe the effect of Firefly (and also Serenity)... It´s just awesome. What Summer has created in this show... It baffles description. I do not know how often i see her work now, but in almost 15 years watching SiFi this was the first time i was stunned of a show respectively an actress.
When i read about Summer online and look for her fans i landed here (and of course on Cristelles page). I learn much about her but how she presents herself, her appearance... She is so graceful, friendly and shy sometimes wink
She has touched my life in a way that i could not really describe. I am simply happy she´s out there and play-act on her particular kind - this is really art.
I think she is a very sensitive person, so i´m glad of her protective and very polite fans in here. This is very special and one of the main reason i myself go on this site, too.
I feel honored to be a little part of this fanbase of our Summer. Sorry, i am terrible in english and more terrible in describe my feelings but i hope you understand me.
So hello to everbody and good night. biggrin

Shyness and Summer met one day, Shyness had to speak first.

Message edited by Malfurion - Tuesday, 16 Aug 2011, 10:16

chrisdvanne_ Post # 37 | Monday, 15 Aug 2011 - 22:54
You lied to me in the German thread Malfurion when you said you English was terrible biggrin

I won't repeat what i already told you; just know that you're wellcome here and don't hesitate to digg an old thread if you want to contiune a discussion or have more insigth from other members. Your opinion is valuable to us and a even simple comment is always appreciated by posters.

Fermi Post # 38 | Tuesday, 16 Aug 2011 - 01:51
Quote (Malfurion)
I feel honored to be a little part of this fanbase of our Summer. Sorry, i am terrible in english and more terrible in describe my feelings but i hope you understand me.
So hello to everbody and good night.

Hi and welcome to Summerglauwiki Mal I hope you will enjoy your stay here.
btw I've no problem understanding your English writing at all, well done!

You can't stop the signal!

Charley_Dixon Post # 39 | Tuesday, 16 Aug 2011 - 05:40
Quote (Malfurion)
So i will introduce myself. My name Malfurion (Mal) is not my real name biggrin But i like the "real" Malfurion (i just read a book about him these days).

Welcome to the Wiki of Awesomeness, Mal!

Quote (Malfurion)
I could not remember that a show make such a big dent to me than TSCC. While seeing it Cameron become my favourite character of the show.

I would say this is what happened to many of us smile

Cameron: My brother says if you want to be good at anything, you have to practice every day.

Malfurion Post # 40 | Tuesday, 16 Aug 2011 - 19:02
Thanks Fermi and Charley! smile

Shyness and Summer met one day, Shyness had to speak first.

Joe73 Post # 41 | Tuesday, 16 Aug 2011 - 22:01
Hi Malfurion and wellcome.

Quote (Malfurion)
in almost 15 years watching SiFi this was the first time i was stunned of a show respectively an actress. When i read about Summer online and look for her fans i landed here (and of course on Cristelles page). I learn much about her but how she presents herself, her appearance... She is so graceful, friendly and shy sometimes She has touched my life in a way that i could not really describe. I am simply happy she´s out there and play-act on her particular kind - this is really art. I think she is a very sensitive person, so i´m glad of her protective and very polite fans in here. This is very special and one of the main reason i myself go on this site, too. I feel honored to be a little part of this fanbase of our Summer.

This is the exact same thing that happend to me, I could not express it better my self.

Thats a window bird.

chrisdvanne_ Post # 42 | Monday, 05 Sep 2011 - 14:54
I just learned there is a town named 'Frankfort' in the United States; i'm sure our German members will be amused to read that.

Nomad79 Post # 43 | Monday, 05 Sep 2011 - 16:42
cool Hi! Name is Nomad79. I've actually been a Summer Glau fan for quite a while now, and been to this site before. Just signed up. I like the way the wiki is done and managed.

Right now I've been working on an Alpha's fanfic for the return of SKylar and some clues into her past. She did such an amazing job and played her part well. The powers that be would be fools not to bring her back for Season Two. If it's OK with the moderator is there a way to post the first part?

And to Michelangelo I am from Frankfort, Kentucky and currently reside there.

Fermi Post # 44 | Monday, 05 Sep 2011 - 17:09
Quote (Nomad79)
Hi! Name is Nomad79.

Welcome to the wiki of awesomeness Nomad79. We hope you will enjoy your stay here.

You can't stop the signal!

chrisdvanne_ Post # 45 | Monday, 05 Sep 2011 - 17:33
Hi Nomad79, wellcome to the Summer Glau Wiki!

I'm glad you saw the wink about your town biggrin
The wiki is made by its members for a large part and i'm sure you will find a lot of topics on the forum that will interest you; if you want to talk about a topic in particular, don't hesitate to create a thread yourself.

We have a thread dedicated to fanfics, where members can discuss about ff they're reading and writers are invited to promote their work; we usually link to fanfiction.net but i think it would be a good idea to create a thread dedicated to Alphas; i'll do it if you don't mind and you're invited to post the first part there so we can discuss about it.

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Off Topic » The Water Cooler » Please introduce yourself (Greetings new members)
Search: